Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship (28373 Views)

Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title / Kamaru Usman Beats Colby Covington To Retain Welterweight Title (Video) / The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2020
bptc10:
My friend you never know how deadly a boxer can be, I can assure you that AJ can beat both Kumaru and Adesanya in a street fight, a boxer can never allow you to come close to him and get hold of him, boxers are very dengerious both in the ring and on the street
so for ur mind u believe someone like Floyd mayweather can beat khabib or Conor mcgregor in a street fight.... seems you don’t know what the MMA is about

1 Like

Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by SmartyPants(m): 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
Amotekun777:
It's in our blood! cool

Kamaru is an Edo guy

1 Like

Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by SmartyPants(m): 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2020
Minjim:

Lol! He is actually from Edo, though it's still Omoluabi

Edo is still what??

1 Like

Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by Minjim: 2:35pm On Jul 12, 2020
SmartyPants:

Edo is still what??

History is there for you
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by SmartyPants(m): 2:36pm On Jul 12, 2020
Minjim:

History is there for you

I think you need the lesson more.
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by Minjim: 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
SmartyPants:

I think you need the lesson more.

History 101 for u.

1. What is King in Benin?
2. What was the real name of Benin before it was coined into Benin?
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by SmartyPants(m): 2:56pm On Jul 12, 2020
Minjim:

History 101 for u.

1. What is King in Benin?
2. What was the real name of Benin before it was coined into Benin?

1. Oba
2. Igodomigodo

So?
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by coolaustyne(m): 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2020
ThierryJay:
Kamaru looks bigger and more built up than Adesanya. But I've always wondered why he is in a lighter weight category than Adesanya who is in the middleweight division? Congrats Kamaru anyway
He's not in light weight sir. he's in welterweight and Adesanya in middle weight. just a slight weight difference.
The body weight is not always by how big one looks but by bone mass at times... u might be lanky and have bigger or thicker bone than that person that looks chubby... hence the weight difference.

3 Likes

Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by ibkonekt(m): 3:28pm On Jul 12, 2020
ThierryJay:
Kamaru looks bigger and more built up than Adesanya. But I've always wondered why he is in a lighter weight category than Adesanya who is in the middleweight division? Congrats Kamaru anyway

bone density
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by ajl: 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2020
DNova:
Congratulations Kamaru
Thank you For putting Nigeria in Positive Light internationally!, The last few weeks have not been easy for Nigerians Abroad!

What does this have to do with Nigerians abroad? I am abroad and I go around with a tag on my head that I am Nigerian. And even when I do identify myself as one, I do not carry the burden of misdeeds of very few in a country of 200 million. Don't let them control your mind.

2 Likes

Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by sulasa07(m): 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2020
ThierryJay:
Your body mass alone does not determine your weight,height too is a factor,tall people tend to have a lot of weight.Kamaru with his big body and less height is 77kg while Israel with small body and longer height is 83kg.
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by Minjim: 7:04pm On Jul 12, 2020
SmartyPants:

1. Oba
2. Igodomigodo

So?

So, that No1 didn't tell you anything about Yorubas?

Now, maybe you are not a student of History. As such, I'll pardon your ignorance.
Benin was coined from " Ile Ibinu"
People missed the word and it became Benin.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Benin
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by isan(m): 7:35pm On Jul 12, 2020
Hahahaha grin what are u saying bro ? Adesanya will eat Anthony Joshua in a street fight kamaru will also destroy him ....boxers are trained only to box not for street fight MMA fighters like usman and adesanya are trained for that
bptc10:
My friend you never know how deadly a boxer can be, I can assure you that AJ can beat both Kumaru and Adesanya in a street fight, a boxer can never allow you to come close to him and get hold of him, boxers are very dengerious both in the ring and on the street
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by kelvindj98: 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2020
Openbusiness3:
grin Kikikikiki, Ask me why I'm laughing? Because many racist white folks on MMA pages were saying thrash about Usman and his accomplishment, and saying he would lose badly. Another win. Another title defense. Dem go dey cry now. Racism doesn't pay grin
UFC fans in the US are some of the most racist people I have seen. You should see how they trash Israel too.

1 Like

Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by Adgideon(m): 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2020
ghettokid1:
Nigeria Amaka!
no b ibo amaka again
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by ThierryJay: 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2020
sulasa07:

Your body mass alone does not determine your weight,height too is a factor,tall people tend to have a lot of weight.Kamaru with his big body and less height is 77kg while Israel with small body and longer height is 83kg.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by sulasa07(m): 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2020
ThierryJay:

Thanks for the clarification.
No problem
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by SmartyPants(m): 10:49pm On Jul 12, 2020
Minjim:

So, that No1 didn't tell you anything about Yorubas?

Now, maybe you are not a student of History. As such, I'll pardon your ignorance.
Benin was coined from " Ile Ibinu"
People missed the word and it became Benin.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Benin

Yes, I expected that you would come back and say this. As I said, you are the one in need of a history lesson. Here goes:

1. Land of Benin was always known as igodomigodo

2. A prince from Ife visited and settled in igodomigodo for a short while

3. He left in anger naming it ile ibinu

You are yet to show how ile ibinu connects to your point that Edo is part of Yoruba land.

I honestly dont expect a logical response from you.
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by Incandescent(m): 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2020
ajl:

What does this have to do with Nigerians abroad? I am abroad and I go around with a tag on my head that I am Nigerian. And even when I do identify myself as one, I do not carry the burden of misdeeds of very few in a country of 200 million. Don't let them control your mind.

Same here. Who freaking cares what anyone thinks anyway. Every country has it's good, bad & ugly. Make dem shift
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by martineverest(m): 9:15am On Jul 13, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

And when did Edo start naming their sons kamo
Kamar is an Islamic name kamaru is the Edo version of kamar just like momodu for Muhammad
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by seanjy4konji: 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2020
If he had remain u see their Bulgari regime? Maybe he will bye selling otapiapia now under one bridge in owerri

Nigeria no dream killa

Well done kamaru

God punish Bulgari and all our leaders.
Re: Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship by omoyankee3(m): 6:25am On Jul 14, 2020
TechDaddy:
Just got off Twitter now after seeing the hate from those American peeps on Usman. They say he's boring and all that and they're trying to take the shine off his victory.

But when you're the Champ, the only thing you should concern yourself with is retaining your belt. Every other thing is secondary. Entertainment is for WWE. This is serious business.

It's the job of the Challenger to bring on the fight and put the Champ on the defense. You don't expect Kamaru to go all out and expose himself. He isn't stupid.

So yes, the fight was boring but the belt hasn't switched hands. Haters can hate. Nobody cares. Kamaru remains the CHAMP!! cool cool

If Kamaru fought like Jackie Chan in that match, they'll still complain about something. The fact that he's black is what's pissing them off. But if it's your time, its your time n no one can take your shine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apple Shows Interest To Buy Man United, Proposes $5.8bn / Bruno Fernandes Teaches His Daughter How To Speak English (Photos, Video) / Ceferin: "Players In The Super League Will Not Participate In The World Cup"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.