Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,373 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? (391 Views)

Do Not Let Guilt Rob You. Joy Is Not An Emotion. It Is A Choice. / Apostle Suleman’s 2020 Prophecies Of Hope, Joy And Anxieties! / What's That Little Thing You Do That Gives You Joy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by Righteousness89(m): 7:51am On Jul 12, 2020
So many people today get their joy and satisfaction from what they have.

Many derive their joy from having Money .
Many derive their satisfaction from Power, Position or appointment.
Many get their joy as a result of having Married a beautiful woman
Many are satisfied as a result of having attained academic degrees
Many get their joy and satisfaction as a result of having Children
Many get their joy as a result of being owners of the latest automobiles and architectural wonders.

If these things are what gives you Satisfaction, you are operating on a false Satisfaction.
All of them will be done away with.

While having these things are good, this should not be our source of satisfaction or joy.

The Reason being that these things are Earthly and can collapse at anytime. These things will pass away with World.
1Cor 7:29-31
29 But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;
30 And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not;
31 And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

No one should be Deceived with Earthly gains. No one has ever died and went to eternity with His Cheque book or Houses. No one has ever died and went to eternity with his/ her position or degrees.

1 Timothy 6:6-7
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

We should treat these Earthly things with very light hands. We didn't come with them and we will not Carry them out! They will all be done away with.

Our Joy and Satisfaction should be that Wr know JESUS Christ.

Our Joy and Satisfaction should be that we have Accepted JESUS.

Our Joy should be that we are filled with the Fruits and Gifts of the Spirit.

Our Joy should be that we Love one another with the Love of God.

Our Joy should be that our Names are written in the Book of life.

Our Joy should be that if we called home today, we will open our eyes in glory.

Our Satisfaction should be that we are obeying God's Commandments and doing His will

Our Satisfaction that we are winning souls for the Kingdom of God.

Anything apart from these, is a False Satisfaction..

I have Carefully seen how Nations of the world are collapsing in these Season.

I have Carefully seen how all the things will strive for to get are being destroyed and carried away like mere toy.

I saw great palaces , automobiles, edifices, etc collapse under split seconds.

I begin to ask myself, what is the need of killing yourself to acquire all these that could disappear at anytime?

Let us begin to pursue what Matters. Let's stop Pursuing shadows.

Let's feed the soul with what will guarantee it eternal life..

Let's Humble ourselves Befor God, Accept JESUS CHRIST and Be Ready for Eternity.

May God Give us Understanding of these things..

Cc: mynd44 lalasticlala seun

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by Righteousness89(m): 7:51am On Jul 12, 2020
Amen
Re: What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by BackllGodNaija: 8:00am On Jul 12, 2020
True talk. The joy of the Lord, for what makes the Lord happy is what makes me happy, so when the Lord's happy I am also happy, for my happiness is tied to the Lord's happiness. Therefore I ensure that I always do the things that please Him, for hence is my joy fulfilled. And this joy that I have the world didn't give to me, so the world cannot take it away. Glory be to God!

2 Likes

Re: What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by Oluromantic: 8:03am On Jul 12, 2020
What gives me joy is to see the gospel going far and to see others joyful courtesy of my sacrifices

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by JourneytoEL(f): 8:04am On Jul 12, 2020
Store for yourselves treasures in heaven where moths and insects cannot destroy. Well done, bro

3 Likes

Re: What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:38am On Jul 12, 2020
THESE VĮBRATORS.

3 Likes

Re: What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 12, 2020
Knowing and Having Jesus is Everything..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by Kcgeology: 10:22am On Jul 12, 2020
Singing with my choir or band members gives me great joy. Cures my depression, defuse my anger, fills me wt peace.
Re: What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by Myk1234: 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
Amen
Re: What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2020
Knowing that God grace got my back.
Re: What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by VirginFinder: 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2020
Righteousness89:
So many people today get their joy and satisfaction from what they have.

Many derive their joy from having Mmoney .
Many derive their satisfaction from Ppower, Pposition or appointment.
Many get their joy as a result of having Mmarried a beautiful woman
Many are satisfied as a result of having attained academic degrees
Many get their joy and satisfaction as a result of having Cchildren
Many get their joy as a result of being owners of the latest automobiles and architectural wonders.

If these things are what gives you Ssatisfaction, you are operating on a false Ssatisfaction.
All of them will be done away with.

While having these things are good, this should not be our source of satisfaction or joy.

The Rreason being that these things are Eearthly and can collapse at anytime. These things will pass away with Wworld.
1Cor 7:29-31
29 But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;
30 And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not;
31 And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

No one should be Ddeceived with Eearthly gains. No one has ever died and went to eternity with Hhis Ccheque book or Hhouses. No one has ever died and went to eternity with his/ her position or degrees.

1 Timothy 6:6-7
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

We should treat these Eearthly things with very light hands. We didn't come with them and we will not Ccarry them out! They will all be done away with.

Our Jjoy and Ssatisfaction should be that Wwr know JESUS Christ.

Our Jjoy and Ssatisfaction should be that we have Aaccepted JESUS.

Our Jjoy should be that we are filled with the Ffruits and Ggifts of the Spirit.

Our Jjoy should be that we Llove one another with the Llove of God.

Our Jjoy should be that our Nnames are written in the Book of lLife.

Our Jjoy should be that if we called home today, we will open our eyes in glory.

Our Ssatisfaction should be that we are obeying God's Ccommandments and doing His will

Our Ssatisfaction that we are winning souls for the Kingdom of God.

Anything apart from these, is a Ffalse Ssatisfaction..

I have Ccarefully seen how Nnations of the world are collapsing in these Sseason.

I have Ccarefully seen how all the things will strive for to get are being destroyed and carried away like mere toy.

I saw great palaces , automobiles, edifices, etc collapse under split seconds.

I begin to ask myself, what is the need of killing yourself to acquire all these that could disappear at anytime?

Let us begin to pursue what Mmatters. Let's stop Ppursuing shadows.

Let's feed the soul with what will guarantee it eternal life..

Let's Hhumble ourselves Bbefor God, Aaccept JESUS CHRIST and Bbe Rready for Eeternity.

May God Ggive us Uunderstanding of these things..
Re: What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
THESE VĮBRATORS.

Are you a lady.....

Ny utmost joy will be if your God can come down on Earth and heal people, bring peace....and stop lying....and stop killing....and stop being a hypocrite
Re: What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by sholay2011(m): 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
My relationship with Jesus.

1 Like

Re: What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by Excessnation: 11:54pm On Jul 14, 2020
Yo, I just wanted to tell you to pm me. I can bleep you real hard. Trust me you wil cum
JourneytoEL:
Store for yourselves treasures in heaven where moths and insects cannot destroy. Well done, bro
Re: What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? by delkuf(m): 12:42am On Jul 15, 2020
May my joy comes from knowing the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Church Reopening: Important Message From TB Joshua / Someone Pray For Me I Want To Convert To Christianity, Am Tired Of Islam- Lady / What Type Of Woman Are You..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.