Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

North Cyprus: Part 2 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus: Part 2 (96248 Views)

My Cousin Came Back From North Cyprus After 5years With Nothing / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by mosthigh33: 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2021
QUICK REMAINDER!!

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A STRONG SPONSOR OR FINANCIAL SUPPORT, STAY BACK FROM NORTHERN CYPRUS... THERE IS NO JOB !!! Find other country to Japa! TURKISH REPUBLIC OF NORTHERN CYPRUS IS HOSTILE!

BEST WISHES TO EVERYONE!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Sammysam24: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hello guys, can oktb be used for tourist visa? Please anyone answer
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 10:01am On Oct 12, 2021
Sammysam24:
Hello guys, can oktb be used for tourist visa? Please anyone answer

For Turkey you cannot.

For north Cyprus, you may be able to fly but chances that you will be deported upon arrival is very high unless you have very good traveling histories to countries classified as good (shown on your passport) and have good financial proof!
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Drhay: 6:46am On Oct 14, 2021
Wapson:

please which airline did you use?

Turkish airlines
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Pinkdamsel: 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2021
wip7:

Good day Mr wip and everyone on this platform. I greet you all.

Please, I want to ask if someone that intends using okay to board to enter TRNC can also get okay to board for dependants (spouse and kids) to come with them for their study period.

Second, I want to confirm if a graduate of a biological science or life science course can take up an msc nursing in TRNC. What's the possibility of getting a nursing job after graduation there in cyprus? since nursing is a job with very high demand both n Nigeria and globally.

Thank you as you respond sir

There are very important things that travelers using OKTB must be aware which is missing in your abstract. It will be nice to present the positive and negative outlook of things so the users can be well-informed.

So I will write it down here in conjuction with your earlier positive aspects of OKTB.

1. OKTB on a general note is more expensive than using a visa since for a visa, you may still be able to use one-way ticket which can be cheaper depending on time of flight and airline.

2. Like visa (having a valid visa does not mean you are 100% guranteed entry to any country), same with OKTB. So, OKTB needs to be assured by 3 entities in case of TRNC. It must be legally approved from the airport of departure in Nigeria, must be assured with authorities in Istanbul (Turkey) and Authority in Lefkosia (TRNC). Many fraudulent agents sometimes dont get the approval from Turkey and TRNC and bribed off their ways from Nigeria which often results in deportation of the traveler.

3. If traveler using OKTB misses his/her flight and will need to rebook another flight.....it means that OKTB has gone and must be reprocessed again making it more costlier in that case.

Best wishes
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Pinkdamsel: 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2021

Please, I want to ask if someone that intends using okay to board to enter TRNC can also get okay to board for dependants (spouse and kids) to come with them for their study period.

Second, I want to confirm if a graduate of a biological science or life science course can take up an msc nursing in TRNC. What's the possibility of getting a nursing job after graduation there in cyprus? since nursing is a job with very high demand both n Nigeria and globally.

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 4:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
Pinkdamsel:

Yes but that will be expensive since OKTB is done on each traveling ticket. Also, since acceptance letter and payment receipt are needed for OKTB then you have to get a supporting document from the university to include those dependents.

Second, I want to confirm if a graduate of a biological science or life science course can take up an msc nursing in TRNC.

Considering the fact that nursing program is largely different from the above listed programs… largely it would be impossible/difficult to get MSC nursing, however, some universities may offer foundational courses.

What's the possibility of getting a nursing job after graduation there in cyprus? since nursing is a job with very high demand both n Nigeria and globally.

The majority of hospitals in Cyprus use Turkish language and the large ones are governmental. So nearly 98% of current nurses are locals or Turkish. However, some private hospitals, I have seen some few foreigners.
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Pinkdamsel: 7:40pm On Oct 14, 2021
I appreciate your detailed response sir.

As long as the dependents can use OKTB, it's fine, that is just the information I seek as information is power. The costs will be duly handled.

Going forward, the reason why I asked the question about moving from biological or life sciences to nursing is because some schools in the UK actually admit students with these educational backgrounds or an entirely different background for msc nursing (yes I checked some schools). I assumed TRNC universities would admit too. I tried to check entry requirements for the program but the school's website did not have any comprehensive information about that, their entry requirements are more generic than specific.

Speaking of foundation courses, please do you have any idea if they will be done alongside the nursing program or they need to be completed first before progressing to the Masters program? Will appreciate if you have an idea about this sir.

On a final note, if I learn Turkish for instance before my program elapses and I become fluent, is there a possibility of getting a nursing job there or even in Turkey because of my language proficiency? Because I feel probably the main issues with securing jobs as a foreigner is the language barrier.....my thoughts (I may be wrong and I am open to learning). Thanks ���.
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 1:19am On Oct 15, 2021
Pinkdamsel:
I appreciate your detailed response sir.

As long as the dependents can use OKTB, it's fine, that is just the information I seek as information is power. The costs will be duly handled.

Going forward, the reason why I asked the question about moving from biological or life sciences to nursing is because some schools in the UK actually admit students with these educational backgrounds or an entirely different background for msc nursing (yes I checked some schools). I assumed TRNC universities would admit too. I tried to check entry requirements for the program but the school's website did not have any comprehensive information about that, their entry requirements are more generic than specific.

Yes, there are various universities and colleges in the United Kingdom, the United States, and elsewhere that offer a Direct Entry MSN program that includes both BSN and MSN curricula. The core courses, hands-on lab, and clinical experience are all covered in this program. I'm not sure if there are any in Cyprus, but you can apply to find out.

Speaking of foundation courses, please do you have any idea if they will be done alongside the nursing program or they need to be completed first before progressing to the Masters program? Will appreciate if you have an idea about this sir.

To begin, it will be determined by the number of fundamental courses you are assigned and the university's structure. For example, if you have 20 foundational courses that you must complete before pursuing master courses, you must first complete the foundational courses. If the university allows it, you may be able to take fundamental courses alongside master's courses that are not prerequisites.

On a final note, if I learn Turkish for instance before my program elapses and I become fluent, is there a possibility of getting a nursing job there or even in Turkey because of my language proficiency? Because I feel probably the main issues with securing jobs as a foreigner is the language barrier.....my thoughts (I may be wrong and I am open to learning). Thanks ���.

Language barriers substantially influence work chances and several other immediate opportunities, based on my experience with various countries whose official language is not English. This is likewise the case in Cyprus. Learning the local language can help you integrate more quickly into the job market, but because Cyprus is a small island with a limited population, there aren't many medical or nursing jobs available. Despite the fact that people get sick in Cyprus, the number of sick or old persons in need of nursing care is a tiny percentage of the population compared to the United States and other countries. As I already stated, I have only seen a few foreigners at private hospitals in Cyprus, but the governmental institutions are mostly populated by locals.

Turkey has a considerably larger economy than Cyprus, as well as a much larger population and a slew of private hospitals, therefore I believe the odds of finding a nursing position for foreigners who are fluent in Turkish are much better there than in Cyprus right now.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 8:16am On Oct 15, 2021
@pinkdamsel

So I was talking to one of my African friends who also happens to be a professor at one of the universities in north Cyprus, and his wife is a British woman who is originally from South America and finished her nursing degree in north Cyprus two years ago.

The wife is fluent in Turkish and works at a British hospital in north Cyprus as well as another private clinic. The KOLAN British hospital and the NEAR EAST hospital, according to the wife, employ a large number of foreign nurses and doctors.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Pinkdamsel: 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
@ wip thank you so much for this info sir. I appreciate the fact that you took out time to make inquiries on my behalf. I am grateful boss. I greet you. NEAR EAST UNIVERSITY is actually the school I intend applying to. More grace sir. Appreciate your effort so much.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by klassykute(m): 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2021
wip7:

If you are okay with the person and he or she has a proof of those that successfully arrived with it then it’s up to you.

Generally, before now OKTB takes one way ticket but due to issues encounter with the users and sending the travelers back then that results in the return tickets. So give it a try!

Best wishes

Boss i am in Cyprus already, thanks for the assist

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 5:52am On Oct 22, 2021
klassykute:

Boss I am in Cyprus already, thanks for the assist.

You are welcome to Cyprus! Wishing you all the best.
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
wip7:

Undergraduate pharmacy at EMU is around 8300$ yearly (this already include 50% discount) while is around 5000$ At CIU.
I emailed you sir. Kindly reply. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 4:26pm On Oct 22, 2021
Quinex2:
I emailed you sir. Kindly reply. Thank you.

I replied!
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 22, 2021
wip7:

I replied!
All right. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by klassykute(m): 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2021
wip7:

You are welcome to Cyprus! Wishing you all the best.
you self dey cyprus?
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Frt0(f): 7:55am On Oct 28, 2021
klassykute:
you self dey cyprus?

Hi, please I’d like to know if you were successful with using a one way trip ticket with the oktb. Thank you.
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by klassykute(m): 7:00pm On Oct 29, 2021
Frt0:

Hi, please I’d like to know if you were successful with using a one way trip ticket with the oktb. Thank you.
yes i have just completed my quarantine here in cyprus

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by sacredlily(f): 3:05pm On Oct 30, 2021
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2021
sacredlily:
@wip7 pls i urgently needed to talk with you.
My brother will be living Abuja for Northern Cyprus on Monday. His school of choice is Rauf Denktas University.
Pls Sir respond to me as soon as u see this message.

Hello!
I am listening.
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by sacredlily(f): 8:00am On Oct 31, 2021
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by wip7: 10:46am On Oct 31, 2021
sacredlily:
Ok gud morning Sir. Pls it's how to secure accomodation for him. He will be leaving tomorrow, can you link us on how to secure accommodation for him.
Please and please

Rauf Denktas University is in Nicosia, Cyprus's capital city. The international office at that university should be your initial point of contact. The university's international office is responsible for dealing with concerns involving current and incoming overseas students, such as housing, airport pick-up, and other issues.

Currently, Rauf Denktas University does not have its own student housing. According to TRNC immigration regulation based on the epidemic, all new entering students must fill out their lodging details prior to arrival using the Guvende App, or they will be sent to an approved hotel where they will be charged for the duration of their stay. Before traveling, I expect you to have clarified all of these issues with that university and secured either a rental apartment or reasonably priced lodging.

Please contact the university tomorrow and take a look at the available rents on this page.

https://www.101evler.com/north-cyprus/property-to-rent/nicosia?0=&property_type=1&currency=1

Best wishes
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by sacredlily(f): 11:07am On Oct 31, 2021

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by klassykute(m): 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2021
Frt0:

yes

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by klassykute(m): 10:28pm On Nov 02, 2021
Please anybody coming to cyprus this week?
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Rooneyx(f): 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
mosthigh33:
QUICK REMAINDER!!

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A STRONG SPONSOR OR FINANCIAL SUPPORT, STAY BACK FROM NORTHERN CYPRUS... THERE IS NO JOB !!! Find other country to Japa! TURKISH REPUBLIC OF NORTHERN CYPRUS IS HOSTILE!

BEST WISHES TO EVERYONE!
GOD BLESS YOU. God punish Mr Wip for misleading Nigerians to coming to kibris.
Re: North Cyprus: Part 2 by Rooneyx(f): 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2021
wip7:

Rauf Denktas University is in Nicosia, Cyprus's capital city. The international office at that university should be your initial point of contact. The university's international office is responsible for dealing with concerns involving current and incoming overseas students, such as housing, airport pick-up, and other issues.

Currently, Rauf Denktas University does not have its own student housing. According to TRNC immigration regulation based on the epidemic, all new entering students must fill out their lodging details prior to arrival using the Guvende App, or they will be sent to an approved hotel where they will be charged for the duration of their stay. Before traveling, I expect you to have clarified all of these issues with that university and secured either a rental apartment or reasonably priced lodging.

Please contact the university tomorrow and take a look at the available rents on this page.

https://www.101evler.com/north-cyprus/property-to-rent/nicosia?0=&property_type=1&currency=1

All the commissions you don chop since for cyprus never do you this GLUTTON. God will punish you. Tell people what Cypurs is like before they decide to come. YOU DON FINISH MANY PEOPLE WITH YOUR SWEET MOUTH. Cyprus is a dead zone.
Best wishes

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (52) (Reply)

Lady Controls Traffic In Port Harcourt Under Heavy Rain (Photos) / Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) / Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.