Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop (904 Views)

It's Unbiblical To Pray To Jesus - Reno Omokri / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / Pastors Should Stop Taking Our Churches Abroad - Daddy Freeze (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by butterfly777(m): 10:55am On Jul 12, 2020
These are immoral and can attract curses on people who practice them. Let's be wise with our Christianity.

Let's go straight to business.

3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have to Stop.

1. Kissing your bride in the church.
As in, this is so obviously immoral. How can you engage in such acts in the presence of children, and other people who also have feelings? Let's stop stiring lust in the congregation of God.

2. "for better for worse".
These confession is like a curse. Are you expecting the worse to happen to you? While many unbelievers think it is alright to expect the worse, the Word of God says that all things work together for our good. Goodness is ours. So why should you take a wife or husband for worse, along with better?!

Just saying you take the person "as your wife/husband is enough.

3. Emphasy on white garment for the bride.
I mean, why connection does this have with the Bible? Some vainly try to say that the white represents holiness. If that is true, why does the husband where black suit, it any other colour tht suits him? His Jesus going to come in black garment, to take the church home?

Let's stop fooling ourselves. These practices are wrong and unbiblical. Let us ask our Churches to change.

Just like individuals, churches can make mistakes. Tht is why we need to check and reform ourselves from time to time. Churches that are not interested in self reformation miss out if the blessings of God. And some of them seem not to know that.

May God help our churches to change.
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by jamesharryson(m): 10:59am On Jul 12, 2020
Number one and three are to be looked into but for that part, "for better for worse", it is very good. Definitely marriage is for better for worse. Which means you are couple both in good and bad times. So there is nothing wrong with it

1 Like

Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by Missyajoke(f): 11:09am On Jul 12, 2020
Nawa ohh
Different doctrines

1 Like

Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by lomprico(m): 11:12am On Jul 12, 2020
Church wedding is not biblical to start with. our traditional wedding is the main wedding .

what we do in church is Europeans traditional wedding. we are not slaves anymore why still practice the cultures of slave masters?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by Galactico4ever(m): 11:13am On Jul 12, 2020
I've actually attended a xtian where the bride wore a red suit and the groom wore a blue one so i think no. 2 doesn't apply to all churchies.
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by butterfly777(m): 11:24am On Jul 12, 2020
jamesharryson:
Number one and three are to be looked into but for that part, "for better for worse", it is very good. Definitely marriage is for better for worse. Which means you are couple both in good and bad times. So there is nothing wrong with it

I don't want to start discussing faith here. But if you understand the Word of God well, you will see that all things are good for us. ALL THINGS ARE GOOD FOR THE BELIEVERS.
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by hisgrace090: 11:25am On Jul 12, 2020
lomprico:
Church wedding is not biblical to start with. our traditional wedding is the main wedding .

what we do in church is Europeans traditional wedding. we are not slaves anymore why still practice the cultures of slave masters?

Maybe we will start calling it traditional wedding instead of marriage for it to resemble the book of John wedding in canaa.
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by lomprico(m): 11:29am On Jul 12, 2020
butterfly777:

I don't want to start discussing faith here. But if you understand the Word of God well, you will see that all things are good for us. ALL THINGS ARE GOOD FOR THE BELIEVERS.

which belivers?

the church wedding we practice today is not biblical. your own traditional wedding is as valid as the one u call church own which is actually European traditional wedding.
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by lomprico(m): 11:33am On Jul 12, 2020
hisgrace090:

Maybe we will start calling it traditional wedding instead of marriage for it to resemble the book of John wedding in canaa.

wedding is the ceremony of joining husband n wife
marriage is the institution of living as husband n wife.

I get your point sha. it's not by calling it anything, it's by knowing the truth. 'church wedding' is unessesary and waste of money.
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by MozB: 11:36am On Jul 12, 2020
butterfly777:

most of you Christians don't fail to amaze me. Most of you go around with very funny mentality. Its a pity.
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 12, 2020
White wedding is traditional wedding in the US.

We dump our own traditional wedding and embrace theirs. What do u expect.

It was never a biblical wedding. The so called white wedding is american in nature not biblical.

But we sabi copy die
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by butterfly777(m): 11:41am On Jul 12, 2020
On kissing if bride in church, the intending couples can just inform the officiating minister beforehand to skip that part.

Or they just politely tell the ministers to excuse them when told to kiss their bride.
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by naijaboy756: 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2020
Is church wedding itself in the Bible?

This topic on its own is invalid
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by Timbers2: 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2020
Christianity is the funniest religion filled with clowns who are totally confused on what they are actually meant to do well what do I know
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by jamesharryson(m): 12:54pm On Jul 12, 2020
butterfly777:

Job said, "Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?" (Job 2:10)

God comes, the bad also comes. Don't only think marriage is a bed of roses! Definitely, evil comes
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by butterfly777(m): 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2020
jamesharryson:

Job said, "Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?" (Job 2:10)

God comes, the bad also comes. Don't only think marriage is a bed of roses! Definitely, evil comes

And what does the New Testament say about the lot of the Christian?

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

All things work together for our good. We who love God and are according to his divine purpose.

ALL THINGS means ALL THINGS. Let's stop disagreeing with God, thinking we are holy.
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by jamesharryson(m): 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2020
butterfly777:

And what does the New Testament say about the lot of the Christian?

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

All things work together for our good. We who love God and are according to his divine purpose.

ALL THINGS means ALL THINGS. Let's stop disagreeing with God, thinking we are holy.
G
You are misquoting the Bible sir. All things means both the good and the bad. This does not mean the bad will not happen. But that the bad wi definitely work out for good to anyone who Believes.
In marriage, both good and bad will definitely come
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by butterfly777(m): 6:22pm On Jul 12, 2020
jamesharryson:

G
You are misquoting the Bible sir. All things means both the good and the bad. This does not mean the bad will not happen. But that the bad wi definitely work out for good to anyone who Believes.
In marriage, both good and bad will definitely come

Do you mean Christian should expect to experience sickness, poverty, untimely death, failures, bad luck, and the likes? You are wrong, bro.
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2020
To me, these things you pointed out don't matter to God. I mean... Ok, if they are not biblical, what then should they wear, or say? Asfor the "kiss your bride" cliche, why would you say its a sin? So husband and wife can not kiss/play in public? Besides when they are asked to kiss, they usually face the altar, backing the church. So how does that affect anyone or corrupt children? Unless you're the type that will throw your neck to see the kissing you won't see anything.

White wedding dress doesn't not connote holiness but purity. Hm

I bow to this your own mehnnn...
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by Kobojunkie: 3:59am On Jul 13, 2020
butterfly777:
These are immoral and can attract curses on people who practice them. Let's be wise with our Christianity.
Let's go straight to business.

3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have to Stop.

1. Kissing your bride in the church.
As in, this is so obviously immoral. How can you engage in such acts in the presence of children, and other people who also have feelings? Let's stop stiring lust in the congregation of God.
How did you arrive at this being immoral? Where in the Bible did you find this? undecided
butterfly777:
2. "for better for worse".
These confession is like a curse. Are you expecting the worse to happen to you? While many unbelievers think it is alright to expect the worse, the Word of God says that all things work together for our good. Goodness is ours. So why should you take a wife or husband for worse, along with better?!
Just saying you take the person "as your wife/husband is enough.
Where in the Bible do you get this from though? undecided
butterfly777:
3. Emphasy on white garment for the bride.
I mean, why connection does this have with the Bible? Some vainly try to say that the white represents holiness. If that is true, why does the husband where black suit, it any other colour tht suits him? His Jesus going to come in black garment, to take the church home?
Let's stop fooling ourselves. These practices are wrong and unbiblical. Let us ask our Churches to change.
Just like individuals, churches can make mistakes. Tht is why we need to check and reform ourselves from time to time. Churches that are not interested in self-reformation miss out if the blessings of God. And some of them seem not to know that.
May God help our churches to change.
Where did you get this third from, in the Bible? undecided

1 Like

Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by jamesharryson(m): 6:46am On Jul 13, 2020
[quote author=butterfly777 post=91646556]

Do you mean Christian should expect to experience sickness, poverty, untimely death, failures, bad luck, and the likes? You are wrong, bro.[/quote
So you mean these things don't befall Christians? Chai!
Please, I beg you to study the Bible very well
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by jamesharryson(m): 6:47am On Jul 13, 2020
butterfly777:

Do you mean Christian should expect to experience sickness, poverty, untimely death, failures, bad luck, and the likes? You are wrong, bro.

Bro study the Bible very well!!!
A Christian sees these too
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by butterfly777(m): 10:23am On Jul 13, 2020
jamesharryson:

Bro study the Bible very well!!!
A Christian sees these too

The fact that Christians to experience the bad things does not mean he SHOULD.

Study the people on does topics and you will see that salvation and the new covenant has delivered us from them.

But then, it is in the Bible when God said:
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
"My people go into captivity for lack of knowledge"

So, ignorance can still cause the people of God to experience bad things, even when God has set them free from the bad things.

Shalom.
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by butterfly777(m): 10:24am On Jul 13, 2020
[quote author=jamesharryson post=91658627][/quote]

Study the people on does topics and you will see that salvation and the new covenant has delivered us from them.

So, ignorance can still cause the people of God to experience bad things, even when God has set them free from the bad things.

Shalom.
Re: 3 Unbiblical Wedding Practices Our Churches Have To Stop by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
butterfly777:

Shalom.
Salvation, according to Jesus Christ promises you that since Jesus Christ, sufffered, you will as His student, experience suffering and affliction , though you don't have to worry about the suffering you will have to endure because He has overcome.

So, suffering and afflictions are to be expected. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Are Stone Worshippers . / Tithing Is A Curse, Abel DAMINA Brave - daddyfreeze / Benny Hinn Apologises To Christians For False Teachings On Prosperity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.