Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy (23583 Views)

Help Does. Indonesia Have An Embassy In Lagos / Taking A Friend To An Embassy Or An Invitation Letter For Us Visa? / Nigerians Feel Absence Of An Embassy In Qatar (2) (3) (4)

Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by eghost247(m): 6:43am On Feb 08, 2011
Yeah People thanks for the stories keep them coming
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by Afam4eva(m): 11:52am On Feb 08, 2011
Laugh wan kill me for here.
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by muyiserra: 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2011
Mine was at the Spanish embassy in Lagos, well it wasnt difficult at all, afterall it was my dad
doing all the paper work and all that, and I had to travelled to Lagos from Kaduna with my sister
and wen we got there, we had to enter through a different door, and wen i saw how nigerians were
struggling, den i didnt know why I was so amazed.

After a while we went in and they were so polite and we were asked to go and take a photograph at a nearby
studio and dats all, that how my sister and I got our Nationality, as in EU passport from Nigeria! lol

My regret now is I have plans to visit nigeria but to pay the nigerian tourist visa for a 125euros it pissin me off and at the nigerian
embassy in Madrid men GEJ has to do sometin about those folks they are not serious at all! any way sha, I have been here since
september 2007!

and last year i toured Canada n North america, Probably these year ASia!
For those of u still awaitin ur interview i pray for u all and wish u da best of lucks! but mk no mistakes to fly to Atlanta Airport cos the custom there are very useless!

Love,

-muyi

Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by eghost247(m): 7:38pm On Feb 08, 2011
muyiserra:

Mine was at the Spanish embassy in Lagos, well it wasnt difficult at all, afterall it was my dad
doing all the paper work and all that, and I had to travelled to Lagos from Kaduna with my sister
and wen we got there, we had to enter through a different door, and wen i saw how nigerians were
struggling, den i didnt know why I was so amazed.

After a while we went in and they were so polite and we were asked to go and take a photograph at a nearby
studio and dats all, that how my sister and I got our Nationality, as in EU passport from Nigeria! lol

My regret now is I have plans to visit nigeria but to pay the nigerian tourist visa for a 125euros it pissin me off and at the nigerian
embassy in Madrid men GEJ has to do sometin about those folks they are not serious at all! any way sha, I have been here since
september 2007!

and last year i toured Canada n North america, Probably these year ASia!
For those of u still awaitin your interview i pray for u all and wish u da best of lucks! but mk no mistakes to fly to Atlanta Airport cos the custom there are very useless!

Love,

-muyi
nice
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by CILondon: 10:36pm On Feb 08, 2011
muyiserra:

Muyiserra
are you or one of your parents a spanish citizen - were u or your parent born in spain?
The reason I ask is because u say u got an EU passport - not visa.
This thread is about Nigerians struggling to get visas to go abroad - not about people coming on here to gloat about their European (UK/SPAIN/GERMANY etc) or US citizenship!

Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by oyewolejos(m): 11:42pm On Feb 08, 2011
CILondon:

Muyiserra
are you or one of your parents a spanish citizen - were u or your parent born in spain?
This thread is about Nigerians struggling to get visas to go abroad - not about people coming on here to gloat about their European (UK/SPAIN/GERMANY etc) or US citizenship!

Thats not nice grin grin
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by darkman200: 2:22am On Feb 09, 2011
CILondon:

Muyiserra

why you dey vex now? ignore is an option!
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by moonraker(m): 7:44am On Feb 09, 2011
Mine was at the German Embassy!!!!!

A transit visa to be precise back in 2003.

I and 5 other peeps where taken from the

Japanese embassy to the germany embassy

in a special convey. The crowd gathered at

the entrance of the embassy was astonishing.

Stepped out from the vechicle and headed for

the building. The Jp embassy rep went in to do

the filing. Within five minutes of arriving, i was

interviewed in a very small room.

I was standing (no seat avaliable) and the lady

interviewing me was behind a glass. she asked

me my name, age, final destination blah blah blah. Got my transit visa 5mins later, no long thing
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by benoitt(f): 12:17pm On Feb 09, 2011
Shinatu:

I loooove this.Thanks for sharing, wish many young people could see this, better to spend your time on acquiring the skills that will take you all over the world than to waste your time hanging around embassies.

I beg hail your mama for me, tell her to continue to enjoy the fruit of her labour ojare!

Amen!
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by ono(m): 4:59pm On Feb 26, 2011
Mine was at the American Embassy. Smooth sailing for me. . . . . that was my first trip to the US. Well, after a long wait, the lady at the counter just asked a couple of questions, 5 minutes and we're done. Come back for your passport. January 2010 and I was in Texas at Houston IAH.

Can still travel to the US if I like. Visa still valid till 2012.

Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by candylips(m): 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2011
@topic
it was american embassy and i slept there overnite and got denied the visa  angry

Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by vanitty: 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2011
@ Ireke's post
Lmao. Lmao.
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by airmark(m): 10:49am On Mar 01, 2011
I did not see any embassy. I trekked, drove, swam and reached spain. No interview, but was a long thing. wink
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by belamour(m): 7:39am On Mar 02, 2011
airmark:

I did not see any embassy. I trekked, drove, swam and reached spain. No interview, but was a long thing. wink

LMAO, GLAD YOU GOT THERE SAFE DUDE,
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 20, 2011
Mine was at the German Embassy. The lady was so nice sef to help me arrange my documents because I scattered the whole thingy after my papa do am for me well embarassed

When I was relocating to another country, there was nothing like interview for me.
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by eghost247(m): 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2011
belamour:

LMAO, GLAD YOU GOT THERE SAFE DUDE,
LMAO
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by olapluto(m): 1:36pm On May 03, 2011
1st experience was at BHC Abuja in 2005. I wasnt in anyway nervous, I didnt really know what to expect then. I had to wait for close to 3 hours sitting on the chair waiting for my name to be called. Many people went in, some came out with smiles, others frowned. I was indifferent. I just wanted to get done with it and go back home. I was still a student in OAU then and was enjoying it, so a Uk visa was going to be a bonus and not a biggie.
Got interviewed by a lady close to her 50s. She was calm, I was calm. She went through my visa application form and asked me few questions. She asked if i filled it in myself and I answered negative. She then said she would terminate the interview process as I was not in the position to answer her questions. I responded that it will be silly to do such as the form was only submitted after my approval. She went ahead and asked me for some answers as it was in the form and I fully answered her. E.g my dad's job, mum's maiden name, etc. She went out for 5 mins, placed phone calls to some people, and came back to say I will be granted visa. I asked for my passport and she said I should go out and wait.
While waiting, some plain clothes policemen came and arrested a guy for fake documents. I got my visa with the 1st batch of people on that day. Left the embassy around 12:30pm looking forward to a life in UK.
So far, so learning. So far, so wishing Nigeria can get better and I go back home after my PHD.
Off topic: do people in UK academia not notice that Nigerians surpass the average British student in many ways?

Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by Gelatoman: 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
After reading loads of threads on american embassy interview: Mine goes thus september 17th

Why are you traveling to US? Vacation
where? Newyork
Where do you work? My wife and I work in a bank
Which of the branch? Me - head office and my wife- Ajose adeogun
Whats her job function? Back up officer blabla
What did you do in UK? Vacation and shopping
How much do you earn? 4.3m and my wife 5.8m
Where will u be staying in New york? New york hostel
Why? its affordable and close to where we intend to visit
Any kid(s)? Not yet
Are you seeking medical attention? We are medically fit sir.
Come on thursday for your visa. thank you.

everything within 4mins.....Its just God.

Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by solcartzz: 10:42am On Sep 26, 2012
Nobody mentioned ukrainian or russian embassy....I wonder what our pepu go thru ther ........
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
NnamdiN: Mine was dec last yr, I went to aktc embassy in aba, Met one fierce dude, asked him with my aba boy accent "chairman where Uyo plane dey load"?
He replied "if u no fit see am, go back house"
Den I went straight to d ticket area, bought one for #600 and as I'm typing dis stuff, I'm in d united states of Akwa ibom( no hassles )
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by futurewise11(m): 10:57pm On Oct 01, 2012
So mr consular(Suxes 2005) tell us your experience now,abi since u get visa for people(germany,cyprus,S A,canada)as claim shey uno get visa for ursef ni?
We are waiting oooooh.

For me ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ waiting for german admition letter before applying for my student visa .
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by sokr8: 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
My first visa was gotten by a company in dubai so no interview.
Second application was the german embassy, i was going with my parents, filled all d aplication for my parents, on getting to the embassy, my parents were interview before i ws called by one dark guy.
Asked questions,
V.o: why are you travelling
Me: for my sisters wedding
V.o: why do you want to go
Me: because she is my sister
V.o: how long are you staying
Me: just a week
V.o: what sch did u attend
Me: esut
V.o: what did u study
Me: agric econs
V.o: hoe mani bros do u have?
Me: 2
V.o: were are they
Me: in universities
V.o: which sch?
Called d schs
V.o why arr they not going
Me: bcus they are in session
V.o: how mani coys hav u worked?
Me: 3, fbn, esteck, nd my present job
V.o: were do u work
Me: told him
V.o: what do u do there
Me: materials nd logistics officer
V.o: what are your duties
Me: keep stock, receive, dispatch of materials, condinate movements of personnel nd materials from ofc to site.
V.o: who is sponsoring i said me
V.o: the passport photo u submitted is not standard after go out and snap a passport
Me: why is it nt standard?
V.o: bcus its a red back ground, standard passort is white background.
Me: ok.
V.o: i will give ur parents 1month visa just incase they decide to stay more nd i wil give u a week visa.
Me: i said ok that wil be nice.( bcus i dont intend staying more dan a week as i have to resume bcus i had a meeting in shell which i represent my company.
V.o: were do u stay?
Me: warri
V.o: will it be nice to come back u can pay for a courier at the gate
Me: really that will be nice.

Not up to 10days i got a parcel with d documents. They gave my parents nd stamped my passport denied that they could nt ascertain my return. That i should appeal
I talked to a consultant and he said my sister should do the appeal over there, my sister said its going to take 6wks by then the wedding would be over. That wasnt y problem, my problem is that my passport was stamped with a denial stamp.
Sombody said he wrote an appeal but for 5wks no reply, he went to berlin gate in lagos nd found his documents didnt even cross the wall. After negotaiting nd parting wit some coins, d appeal went in nd after 2weeks he heard frkm them.
I ws thinking how to go about mine, i was in warri, how do i stress my self to lagos, i called d enbassy, d gal that picked was harsh nd i asked what documents should i send for the appeal, she said send any document nd said i should diaturb her she was busy.
So i sent a mail nd i ws replied with the process, i wrote the appeal xplaining why i will come back. Attached xtra docyments, landed properties nd receipts. I was replied that i should send only the appeal which i did coupled with serious prayers. That ws last week. To day i got a mail telling me to send my passort through courier to dem nd com collect i next week, so i sent a mail that do they need my presence or i should send a prepaid courier so as to get my passport back. They said yes, so i sent the document.
Xpecting my visa next week by God's grace.
My write up is long but worth sharing.
Hello,
Finally i got my visa, so my guess if u ar denied, just appeal with facts nd am sure they will issue the visa.

Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by Adaba2015(m): 7:55am On Mar 18, 2020
ireke:
Beware - Long Post.

Almost as soon as I finished youth service, someone approached me that they could get a cover letter from a Royal father that was friends with Walter Carrington (US Ambassador). He said the Royal father only needs to write a letter of introduction to the Ambassador and that was it. We got the letter, we were preped by the woman in charge of the phoney arrangement and we all went to the embassy. we were told to say 1). we do not know anybody in the US so we would be staying in the Hotel. 2). our current occupation is weaving which is the family/ royal business and we were going for sight seeing as realtives of the King (with different surnames o). Of course they refused us. she chopped my 5K

Fast forward to two years later. I now had a job with a multinational and I wanted to visit my folks in the US. I was using the same passport (I had vowed that I won't do any shady thing to get any visa in my life). In my application, I now said I have a sister in the US who is a citizen, my parents have resident permits, I also wrote my true profession.  I was not feeling too scared when It was my turn for interview until I peeped into the lady’s cubicle and I saw my long neck in the old application form. I nearly pissed because I remember the contradictions. The interview started

Oyibo: How long has your sister been in the US?
Me: about 10 years

Oyibo: How long has your parents been in the US?
Me: about a year

O: so why did you say you did not know anybody in the US two years ago?
Me: well… she actually did not support my move because she felt I would be denied since I do not have any serious ties in Nigeria. SO out of annoyance, I refused to mention her or acknowledge her in the application.

O: You also said you were a weaver and now you are a “bla bla”
Me: yes I wrote weaving because that was what I was doing that time. I was just out of school with nothing doing and it was a family thing so it was easy for me to join the business. I have tried to drive a taxi after then, I have already gone back to school for my masters degree before I got this job. SO my occupation would have been different if I was here each of those times.

O:You actually have 1000 naira in your account
  I looked up from the document to let her know she has not seen the second page, and then I saw her smiling nicely at me. She was pulling my legs. I smiled back and I knew God has done it

O: You are single?
Me: yes, but I’m getting married in 5 month’s time by the grace of God
O: it’s not the grace of God. It’s if she says “yes”
Me: she said yes already.

At this point I was almost shaking with joy. I went and came back. Yet I was refused twice after that. A few years later, I got my first 2 years multiple visa and it has been good stories since then.
funny and interesting.......when you meet an hostile consular,Abroad interview go tire you

Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by Adaba2015(m): 8:09am On Mar 18, 2020
Ibomade1:
Was as cool as cucumber when I got to British High Commission in Abuja. Was chatting on the fone and even forgot the application fee in my sister's car. The good thing was back then there was hardly any queue in Abuja as oppose to Lagos where people would queue up for hours . I just didn't understand why folks could not come to Abuja.

To cut the story short went outside the embassy, called my sister and she came with the money, entered the interview room and they guy was talking through his a.r.s.e because the woman he interviewed before me insulted him when he refused her visa.
After about 45 minutes which I spent most of it on my own (as the interviewer was busy calling up the bank, dunking his biscuits in his cup of hot chocolate e.t.c) he came out and said he would grant me the visa.
Whoa......really?
If one person own no spoil another person own no go good

Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by Fheelzz(m): 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
Aswr I wan comot naija

Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by Ejusni(m): 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2020
seedord247:
Mine go like this at the USA embassy in Abuja early this year ,

VO: Did you write and standardized

Me: No

VO why

Me: Cus i meet the proficiency

VO: How did you learn about this school

Me: I learnt about XYZ university online via usnew,com and after i finish my research i sent email to the admission office.

VO: Why this school

Me: This is the only school that i got admitted.

VO: Did you apply to any other school apart from that

Me: Yes.

VO: Can you name them,

Me: I yawn am

VO: Did you got admitted in schools you mention

Me: No

VO: why did you choose Xyz

Me: This is the only school that i got admitted

VO: when did you graduated

Me: 2009

VO: what have you been doing since then?

Me: I have been working

VO: where

Me: Ijoko agba banks

VO: what did you do there?

Me: I tell am say i dey work as a marketer i con tell am say wetin i dey do as marketer

VO: How will your cus of study be of help in Nigeria?

Me: I tell am say i wish to be the brand manager of a company like Brewies Nig plc

VO: what is Brand manager

Me: I give am won clue

na so he tell me say Sir i will like to give you the visa but there is a further administrative processing on your visa

Please make una dey pray for me make dem answer meeee oooooo.

God Bless

Where you given?
Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by verminnel(f): 9:34pm On Jun 17, 2020
LoveKing:

If you get the visa at all Na God. with that kind english? grin
English teacher well done o

Re: Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy by verminnel(f): 9:37pm On Jun 17, 2020
airmark:
hahahaha chai

Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG / Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis / Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri Railway Station Under Construction

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70