Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 (26390 Views)

Aisha Yesufu: Buhari Ordered Police To Harass EndSARS Protesters / No Tariff Increase, Buhari Ordered Mass Metering - NERC / Buhari Ordered Ganduje To Dethrone Emir Sanusi – Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by Primus123: 11:07pm On Jul 12, 2020
I prefer it when the word "Presidency" is used whenever a report of any thing in Aso rock is made, rather than saying Buhari because we all know that he's not aware of anything, so no need to deceive ourselves.
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2020
Honestly what is wrong with our leaders in this country? It’s like a curse at this point.

Look if you like money so much then go into private business. Don’t go into public service. These positions are for serving the country not bleeding it dry to line your pockets. Jeez.
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by MrCaesar: 11:53pm On Jul 12, 2020
Democrat1c:
Buhari will go down history as the darkest part of Nigeria. How do you fight for power for years and then acquire the power then slump into coma of disinterest allowing the country to be bleeding like this.
May nothing as horrible as Buhari happen to Nigeria again.

Amen o
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:05am On Jul 13, 2020
Racoon:

Who una dey tell this bullshit? We all are not zombies. Useless damage control to whitewash the dullard.Well, this means the Saraki-led senate was vindicated though all of them are crooked.

So after Bubu knew that Magu is morally corrupt he still retained him for 5year & even made two attempts to get him senate confirmation.

Meanwhile, here is Bubu own words "...On corruption, there will be no confusion as to where I stand.Corruption will have no place and the corrupt will not be appointed into my administration...."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/chatham-house-buharis-speech-on-nigerias-transition/amp/

no mind them 2018? this is July 2020?

story after the fact to cover up

buhari need serious investigation
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by AmazingELixir: 12:10am On Jul 13, 2020
cheesy grin grin

" The president was said to have been shocked when the DSS provided a comprehensive dossier on Magu which was “damning”.

The very statement I have been searching for since
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by jom28gy(m): 12:16am On Jul 13, 2020
I think this is the end of this man political carrier,if Care is not taken
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by jefff455: 12:19am On Jul 13, 2020
Democrat1c:
Buhari will go down history as the darkest part of Nigeria. How do you fight for power for years and then acquire the power then slump into coma of disinterest allowing the country to be bleeding like this.
that depends on the choices of the people tho . The masses are the one who manufactured Buhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by olmoRoc: 12:43am On Jul 13, 2020
Story!!!

What prevented him from acting on the initial report? That report was there when they kept sending his name to the Saraki lef senate for confirmation. Or wasn't that the report the senate claimed to have acted upon hence their refusal to consent to his appointment?

And what was the statement made by the lawyer vp to back up his illegal reign as the acting chair?

P.S. I'll not be surprised to hear about the detention of the so-called custom head who refused to wear the uniform of the service.
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 12:57am On Jul 13, 2020
ijustdey:

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-buhari-ordered-dss-to-investigate-magu-in-2018

Looking at that picture, I remember Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary, surrounded by 2 thieves. One of them was an unrepentant hardened criminal.
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by maxibrainz02(m): 12:58am On Jul 13, 2020
Mini importation have turned many Nigerians into millionaires.

Imagine buying women's designer bags for 5000 naira and selling for 25000 naira.

That's pure 20k profit on one product

Just selling 5 of that bag will give you 100k.

Some products are very easy to sell compared to others

Things around weight loss, health, women's beauty, fashion, electronics, gadgets sells very well in Nigeria

I remember selling a 10 naira pink lips balm for 2000 naira.

I don't need to tell you how hot this product is �

The profits in this business is too much.

I have decided to teach you the business of importation.

You will learn how to import products at a very low price and sell very high here in Nigeria

You will be exposed to hot products that sells like fire here in Nigeria.

You will learn how to even beat down the price more as you're negotiating with the seller (this secret alone is one thing nobody will dare tell you)

You will learn how to import your products down to Lagos and from Lagos down to your doorstep anywhere you are

You will also learn how to sell your products.

By the end of the class you will be the indaboski of alerts �

Promise me you will pay me tithe when you begin lick oil �

Now tell me how much you're willing to pay for this class.

30k?
20k?
10k?

But NO

I'm crashing it down to a discount price of 3000.

Yes 3000.

But this offer will last last for 24hours

I also have an offer for early birds (those that will pay before 7pm)

Early birds will pay 2500.

2500 for those that will pay before 7pm today.

After 24hours everything will go back to 10k

The hot Product template alone is 30k not to talk of how to negotiate with the seller and beat down the prices more or is it the platforms that you can sell off your products with ease

Send Import to

I will also give out my underground importation book i bought for 7k for FREE.

Secure your bag ASAP �
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by idahme(m): 2:25am On Jul 13, 2020
Mr President should tell me he wasn't aware of the DSS report that indicted Magu which resulted in h not been confirmed, has the DSS changed? Magu had no reason to be there in the first place if institutions are respected. His delay or blind eye has caused this nation multi billion naira loss, he taught it was politics before now it's no longer politics. The right thing dontle at the Richter time is capable of saving a life you never know.
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by idahme(m): 2:26am On Jul 13, 2020
Mr President should tell me he wasn't aware of the DSS report that indicted Magu which resulted in h not been confirmed, has the DSS changed? Magu had no reason to be there in the first place if institutions are respected. His delay or blind eye has caused this nation multi billion naira loss, he taught it was politics before now it's no longer politics. The right thing done at the Right time is capable of saving a life you never know.
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:36am On Jul 13, 2020
Magu now the scapegoat
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by favour32(m): 4:46am On Jul 13, 2020
LilMissRobbie:

Lazy man, go to site and work
Wicked person with bitterness.
Is it compulsory you must comment?
Why not ignore if you ain't helping out?
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by grammarian247(m): 5:18am On Jul 13, 2020
I am an expert at Pearson Test of English (PTE) coaching. Contact me https:///+2348038999587
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by caprini1: 5:21am On Jul 13, 2020
mushystuff:
The point is Magu should never have been appointed to head the EFCC after the damning report by the same DSS in 2015 and resultant non-confirmation by the Senate at the time. He never should have had the opportunity to even do the damage that is now being exposed because it was clear from Day 1 that he had very questionable antecedents.

The only conclusion is that Buhari and Osinbajo encouraged illegality by disregarding Magu's rejection by the Senate so they could use him to pilfer public funds. The fact that they were duly informed of Magus unsuitability for the office and they still went ahead to retain him ther for 5 whole years shows the president and his team are all culpable, Magu is only a fall guy for the real thieves!

This sham of an investigation now is nothing but hot air; this government will as usual suddenly disband its investigative panel and settle Magu somewhere until Nigerians with our typical short memories forget that there was ever a

You are absolutely right.Duribg the campaigns for the 2019 election,I kept telling everyone it was wrong for Magu to be putting on picture button of the president in all his jackets while attending functions and TV interviews,as a law enforcement agent,he should be neutral.
We can now see,he felt untouchable.....but alas he has become the sacrifice.
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by Chekwume16(m): 5:23am On Jul 13, 2020
Does what you wrote make any sense to you. You received a crucial report on the head of an anti corruption agency that is pivotal to the anti corruption drive and you still kept him for another 2 years so as not to cover his tracks. Well most of your don't just have Brains to think things through. As long as you support buhari he can never do wrong. Shame in you
Tetehjewels:

You are not a very intelligent fellow.

Don't you know he retained him there for easier probing because if he was removed or attempted to be removed he would have made serious efforts to cover his tracks?

Have you never heard of subterfuge in strategy in your life before?
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by WelcomeToBiafra: 5:33am On Jul 13, 2020
Is it DSS that isn't corrupt grin

DSS give us the names of the fulani, bandits and all the terrorist groups creating from the North.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by kevwemike: 5:52am On Jul 13, 2020

Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by Xisnin(m): 6:00am On Jul 13, 2020
Tetehjewels:

You are not a very intelligent fellow.

Don't you know he retained him there for easier probing because if he was removed or attempted to be removed he would have made serious efforts to cover his tracks?

Have you never heard of subterfuge in strategy in your life before?
When yo think you have seen all idiocy on Nairaland, then someone comes along
to go even lower.
He even thinks his "big" English somehow validates his nopoint.
SMH
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by tesppidd: 6:43am On Jul 13, 2020
mushystuff:
The point is Magu should never have been appointed to head the EFCC after the damning report by the same DSS in 2015 and resultant non-confirmation by the Senate at the time. He never should have had the opportunity to even do the damage that is now being exposed because it was clear from Day 1 that he had very questionable antecedents.

The only conclusion is that Buhari and Osinbajo encouraged illegality by disregarding Magu's rejection by the Senate so they could use him to pilfer public funds. The fact that they were duly informed of Magus unsuitability for the office and they still went ahead to retain him ther for 5 whole years shows the president and his team are all culpable, Magu is only a fall guy for the real thieves!

This sham of an investigation now is nothing but hot air; this government will as usual suddenly disband its investigative panel and settle Magu somewhere until Nigerians with our typical short memories forget that there was ever an issue.

You have made good points but the bolded is unfounded and irresponsible.

Buhari and Osinbajo surely have thousands of other people which they could use to pilfer funds if they wanted to.
So saying they kept him there despite the damning reports, to pilfer funds is baseless and illogical.
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by Openbusiness3: 7:10am On Jul 13, 2020
Lies. If they had been investigating him since 2018, then why are they investigating him again now. Shouldn't it be straight to court for trial? Or which evidence do they need again. Unintelligent lies again as usual. Abegiii..... Check my signature to buy intelligent dispenser. Best quality North America product with warranty
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by pquaver(m): 7:27am On Jul 13, 2020
Democrat1c:

You can climb ontop mountain everest with loudspeakers to sound it.. It will not stop it from being a figment of your personal imagination and will have nothing to do with reality..

The darkest part of Nigeria history will remain the 16 wasted years of plenty by the pdp administration..
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by mushystuff: 7:28am On Jul 13, 2020
tesppidd:
You have made good points but the bolded is unfounded and irresponsible.

Buhari and Osinbajo surely have thousands of other people which they could use to pilfer funds if they wanted to.
So saying they kept him there despite the damning reports, to pilfer funds is baseless and illogical.

Then tell me as a rational person, what other logical reason can there be for Mr President and Vice to staunchly insist on the appointment and retention of a person despite the clearly damning report by the DSS, under the president's direct command, and the resultant refusal of the Senate to confirm him?

Now that you concede that I have made some good points querying why he was even appointed in the first place can you at least condemn Buhari in this regard for his clear failure? It will not stop hom from being president till 2023 as you like to say.
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by pquaver(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2020
mushystuff:

Then tell me as a rational person, what other logical reason can there be for Mr President and Vice to staunchly insist on the appointment and retention of a person despite the clearly damning report by the DSS, under the president's direct command, and the resultant refusal of the Senate to confirm him?

Because the are not prophet to see what someone will do in future. Now he has committed the crime he is being prosecuted for it.. Saraki senate yes finally seem like they got it right but fact was it just one of those things in life.. They actually rejected him for personal interest and not what me are seeing now.
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by mushystuff: 7:38am On Jul 13, 2020
pquaver:

Because the are not prophet to see what someone will do in future. Now he has committed the crime he is being prosecuted for it.. Saraki senate yes finally seem like they got it right but fact was it just one of those things in life.. They actually rejected him for personal interest and not what me are seeing now.

This position would have been acceptable if the standard DSS investigation prior to appointment had not yielded any negative outcome. However, it did and the Senate proactively acted on it which informed their decision to not confirm Magu. That was a clear warning that Magu was unfit for that office otherwise what is the purpose of DSS screening? What other prophecy is needed?
Some of you allow mediocrity so easily. How can the constitutional action of the Senate to refuse confirmation of a candidate be treated with levity and you just wave it as 'one of those things in life'? How then do we respect institutions?

Why would the president decide to override the Senate, a Constitutional arm of government representative of you and I as citizens? Osinbajo perpetuated the same illegality as Acting president to what end? Note that the Saraki assembly rejected Magu based on the DSS report and those same findings from 2015 are still being referred to now in this kangaroo panel investigation currently going on.
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by basybasy: 7:47am On Jul 13, 2020
ijustdey:

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-buhari-ordered-dss-to-investigate-magu-in-2018
I begin to cry for this country because Magu has finished Nigeria. Under the watch of Baba Buhari, Magu was doing anyhow. God the faith of Nigeria is in your hand oo.
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by pquaver(m): 7:47am On Jul 13, 2020
mushystuff:

This position would have been acceptable if the standard DSS investigation prior to appointment had not yielded any negative outcome. However, it did and the Senate proactively acted on it which informed their decision to not confirm Magu. That was a clear warning that Magu was unfit for that office otherwise what is the purpose of DSS screening? What other prophecy is needed?
Some of you allow mediocrity so easily. How can the constitutional action of the Senate to refuse confirmation of a candidate be treated with levity and you just wave it as 'one of those things in life'? How then do we respect institutions?

Why would the president decide to override the Senate, a Constitutional arm of government representative of you and I as citizens? Osinbajo perpetuated the same illegality as Acting president to what end? Note that the Saraki assembly rejected Magu based on the DSS report and those same findings from 2015 are still being referred to now in this kangaroo panel investigation currently going on.

You are right but guess what it was only a pointer.. And until some actual does the crime you can not prosecute or hold some for he is likely to commit a crime.. I think probably that was why they kept an eye on him.. Anyways magu did some good work in the efcc the problem is he who comes to equity must come with clean hands.. He cannot prosecute people who are doing same thing he is doing.. He is morally unfit to point fingers at them.. But again this Nigeria the judges who will prosecute magu will equally be sentencing or a quitting him for crimes they them selves are into. Welcome to 9ja.. @ Dss damning evidence.. I think it unfair to magu if it applies to him then it should apply across board.. Obaseki and his commissioner, Ize-Iyamu effc report, Ganduje video, wike fraud case as minister,Atiku damning case, Odili case yet many of these people irrespective of these still vie for the top jobs in Nigeria.. If this did stop them it shouldn't stop magu but if confirmed like now that is where an issue in Nigeria.. Which I believe is wrong as you said I believe once their is a stain don't come close but again Nigeria is not mature for that... Look at how opposition has been trying tooth and nail to stain Osibanjo and Buhari names even with imaginary allegations do in that way I thing naija is not ripe for your suggestion.. Else nobody will have any position in Nigeria
Re: Buhari Ordered DSS To Investigate Magu Since 2018 by mushystuff: 7:55am On Jul 13, 2020
pquaver:

You are right but guess what it was only a pointer.. And until some actual does the crime you can not prosecute or hold some for he is likely to commit a crime.. I think probably that was why they kept an eye on him.. Anyways magu did some good work in the efcc the problem is he who comes to equity must come with clean hands.. He cannot prosecute people who are doing same thing he is doing.. He is morally unfit to point fingers at them.. But again this Nigeria the judges who will prosecute magu will equally be sentencing or a quitting him for crimes they them selves are into. Welcome to 9ja

In that report, he had already established criminal dealings with a suspect under EFCC investigation by accepting gifts from him. He was compromised so even if he wasn't going to be prosecuted for that, he ought not to have been appointed! Refusal of confirmation by Senate was yet another reason to keep him out!
What do you mean by keeping an eye in him? For 5 years? Please don't tell me you justify such tardy, lethargic pace of action by Buhari and crew!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Thank God For Sparing Buhari’s Life -jonathan / John Onose Sent To Prison For Raping Of 6-Year-Old Girl In Delta State (photos) / Mike Ejiofor: Military Intimidated In South-East, Ebube Agu Has No Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.