Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing (4964 Views)

Overcrowding: Six UNICAL Students Pass Out During An Exam / Youths And Students Pass A Vote Of Confidence On Hon. Folashade Adeyemo, Others / How Does School Pass Through Someone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by WalkerMichael(m): 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
this shit is scam in Nigerian schools. not worth it.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by astonished: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
what's this entitlement about Nigerian student, did you go to school for government sake? did government forcefully send you to school?.

if you can't accept the act that you send yourself to school to get yourself educated for yourself and parents purpose,

the same students will discriminate about University & Polytechnic graduate.

calling private university glorified secondary school, yet most of them come out with empty head
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by larryking540: 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:
As a student, you should be important to yourself and to your parents who pay your fees. And if you read your book, study and actually learn you would not have to rely on npower.
exactly,I intentionally refuse to know the requirements for NPower , because it's one of the way to keep you pooor metally

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by larryking540: 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2020
Bornfool:
Chaii by 2021 I will be done with this shit
welcome to the real life after graduation
the life where ,u be my real guy doesn't exist,
the life where every man for himself ,
the life where you must work day and night and always pray for Devine intervention every 1hour even at work or on the way to your hux ,

the real street is after graduation
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by GRIMMJOE(m): 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

I am not priviledged. I just studied hard and learned, mostly without even parental assistance, and would call myself uneducated if my education cannot provide my daily bread. That after all, is the purpose of an education, to ensure I do not starve nor beg.

Do note that I am not of the opinion that npower means not studying. Sometimes, we do need assistance getting by. But we must aim to eventually stand on our own two feet instead of blaming others for our empty plates and bellys. And it starts from getting up and falling a few times until two feet standing is mastered.
I'm kinda disappointed with what you just said, you expect a 3rd world country to have jobs for everyone?

What I can say is, we should all give it our all.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by budaatum: 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
I'm kinda disappointed with what you just said, you expect a 3rd world country to have jobs for everyone?

What I can say is, we should all give it our all.
Even first world countrys don't have jobs for everyone. There is work in Nigeria though, just that many would rather not do the work that is available.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by GRIMMJOE(m): 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

Even first world countrys don't have jobs for everyone. There is work in Nigeria though, just that many would rather not do the work that is available.
No you're getting it wrong, some of us are entrepreneur hence independent, I'm talking of those that study medicine will never have an opportunity as everyone runs outside for treatment, lawyers are silenced and must dance to corruption, engineers all turned to part assemblers, those that are even lucky.

If structure will continuously be given to white and Chinese men, then a structural engineering graduate just wasted his life in school.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by Bornfool(m): 6:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
larryking540:

welcome to the real life after graduation
the life where ,u be my real guy doesn't exist,
the life where every man for himself ,
the life where you must work day and night and always pray for Devine intervention every 1hour even at work or on the way to your hux ,

the real street is after graduation

I'm prepared for it
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by abeliver: 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2020
JhayJoe:
Ha, welcome my fellow tuskite. At the mention of "Abobi come here" all phones must appear
hahaha....u don experience am
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by larryking540: 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
Bornfool:

I'm prepared for it

be more prepared,it's not funny in the real street (inside life)
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by budaatum: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
No you're getting it wrong, some of us are entrepreneur hence independent, I'm talking of those that study medicine will never have an opportunity as everyone runs outside for treatment, lawyers are silenced and must dance to corruption, engineers all turned to part assemblers, those that are even lucky.

If structure will continuously be given to white and Chinese men, then a structural engineering graduate just wasted his life in school.
I do not agree that "those that study medicine will never have an opportunity as everyone runs outside for treatment", or that "lawyers are silenced and must dance to corruption", or that "engineers all turned to part assemblers", or that a "structural engineering graduate just wasted his life in school", nor does the evidence agree with you. I am absolutely certain you know all those you mention can make themselves so valuable (entrepreneurial, I should say), that someone would beg to pay them.

In the scheme of things, graduating from university merely qualifies you for an apprenticeship which takes longer than spent getting a degree. Perhaps they should widen their horizon by studying more, or not limit themselves to what they studied in school and working in Nigeria and instead run outside for a job. But if they can't find someone to pay them they can always set up privately, selling akara for instance. They'd likely be better at it than an uneducated person and could become NSE listed Akara Plc Nig Ltd.

No one said life was easy, and not being responsible for food on one's table is a recipe for starvation.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by adedayoa2(f): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
I did this once, I do follow follow and after the experience I told myself 'never try it again'.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by SpicyMimi(f): 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2020
Lol it is extremely discouraging studying in a class like this one, next thing you are dozing off.

By the way, we have clearance sales for men's wears -50% discount off! Check my profile for pics and prices.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

I do not agree that "those that study medicine will never have an opportunity as everyone runs outside for treatment", or that "lawyers are silenced and must dance to corruption", or that "engineers all turned to part assemblers", or that a "structural engineering graduate just wasted his life in school", nor does the evidence agree with you. I am absolutely certain you know all those you mention can make themselves so valuable (entrepreneurial, I should say), that someone would beg to pay them.

In the scheme of things, graduating from university merely qualifies you for an apprenticeship which takes longer than spent getting a degree. Perhaps they should widen their horizon by studying more, or not limit themselves to what they studied in school and working in Nigeria and instead run outside for a job. But if they can't find someone to pay them they can always set up privately, selling akara for instance. They'd likely be better at it than an uneducated person and could become NSE listed Akara Plc Nig Ltd.

No one said life was easy, and not being responsible for food on one's table is a recipe for starvation.
You expect someone who studied Structural Engineering to start selling Akara, that's not how it should be.

Listen well, their are entrepreneurs and then their are those who must be part of the system for things to work.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by fwzolamide1(m): 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
This night class�������
I passed through this gannnnn.
Unilorite in the house , should we tell them?
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by budaatum: 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
You expect someone who studied Structural Engineering to start selling Akara, that's not how it should be.

Listen well, their are entrepreneurs and then their are those who must be part of the system for things to work.
How should it be? Work no be work? I thought the point you were making was the system does not need them which is why they can't find someone to pay them to work!

They could consider selling dundun or dodo if they can't sell akara. Money na money after all, and work is whatever one does to get it.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

If the purpose of education is for financial gain, then we all should be studying how to make money 101, Theory of becoming rich 227 in the university.

The purpose of education is not money, or food but to establish a better life in Nigeria, in the whole world, no more foreign expatriate, no more travelling overseas for medication.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

How should it be? Work no be work? I thought the point you were making was the system does not need them which is why they can't find someone to pay them to work!

They could consider selling dundun or dodo if they can't sell akara. Money na money after all, and work is whatever one does to get it.
They went to school just to sell Akara, do you see such in first class countries.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2020
cruxgemmata:
During my days. My reading shrine na my room, i go study for 1hour tops, sleep my thing jeje.

I never read in school library or classrooms.

Friends go laff me say i dey deceive mysef. Dey didn't know that attending classes on a regular helped a lot.

During exams i read less coz class gist amd interaction during lecture was bae.

Wetin concern me
shocked shocked
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Lol
most females prefer going back to their hostels to sleep or they come earlier in the evening to read like 5pm or so.
Na una like unnecessary sufferhead
Some of these guys Dem no even come read,they will just come and charge phone and make noise during night class.
Some come to night class, not up to one hour they will just sleep off till the next day and when they're going back to their hostel,their roommates go dey hail them efiko,boss grin
Some of the guys sef Dem no get where to sleep.
Na for class dem dey sleep.
They put their clothes and belongings inside one bag,shower and poo in the school's toilet and eat inside buka.
Stop washing dirty linens in Public shocked
Ghanaians and South Africans are on this Forum undecided
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by budaatum: 7:45pm On Jul 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
If the purpose of education is for financial gain, then we all should be studying how to make money 101, Theory of becoming rich 227 in the university.

The purpose of education is not money, or food but to establish a better life in Nigeria, in the whole world, no more foreign expatriate, no more travelling overseas for medication.
I think you are trying to trick or deceive me.

My own opinion is that a better life includes earning an income, and to be honest with you, they should teach its making as part of a degree course, or smart people should find a place to learn how to earn an income. There are courses in entrepreneurship after all.

As for "no more foreign expatriate, no more travelling overseas for medication", I plead the Serenity Prayer and the self-incrimination clause of the Fifth Amendment.

Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by budaatum: 7:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
They went to school just to sell Akara, do you see such in first class countries.
Yes I do see such in first class countries. Graduates selling bread, driving a cab, going back to school to learn to be a nurse and so on and so on. My job after graduating in engineering was as a restaurant manager, though you might argue the first class country bit.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

I think you are trying to trick or deceive me.

My own opinion is that a better life includes earning an income, and to be honest with you, they should teach its making as part of a degree course, or smart people should find a place to learn how to earn an income. There are courses in entrepreneurship after all.

As for "no more foreign expatriate, no more travelling overseas for medication", I plead the Serenity Prayer and the self-incrimination clause of the Fifth Amendment.
@bolded, I hope you know Nigeria is a third world country yet very religious.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

Yes I do see such in first class countries. Graduates selling bread, driving a cab, going back to school to learn to be a nurse and so on and so on. My job after graduating in engineering was as a restaurant manager, though you might argue the first class country bit.
. Are you seriously comparing a first class country with a third world country.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by budaatum: 8:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
. Are you seriously comparing a first class country with a third world country.
I don't particularly care whether the country is first or third class, though I did study and work in a restaurant in UK if that helps, and I sold eggs and can coke at the toll gate to fund my getting there, and cleaned toilets to fund my education.

My point is, whereever one is, one does what one needs to do to fund the life one wants to live or one starves or begs or steals.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by budaatum: 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
@bolded, I hope you know Nigeria is a third world country yet very religious.
I don't see how religion is pertinent here, though I must say it teaches some to expect a messiah to solve their problems and for manna to fall from heaven right into their waiting open mouths.

The smart and wise go up to heaven and grab manna for themselves, is what I find, and some thank God for the entrepreneurship that enabled them to do so.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

I don't particularly care whether the country is first or third class, though I did study and work in a restaurant in UK if that helps, and I sold eggs and can coke at the toll gate to fund my getting there, and cleaned toilets to fund my education.

My point is, whereever one is, one does what one needs to do to fund the life one wants to live or one starves or begs or steals.
That's just sad, when hunger becomes the reason to be educated.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:32pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

I don't see how religion is pertinent here, though I must say it teaches some to expect a messiah to solve their problems and for manna to fall from heaven right into their waiting open mouths.

The smart and wise go up to heaven and grab manna for themselves, is what I find, and some thank God for the entrepreneurship that enabled them to do so.
If anything I believe religion makes people lazy, hence the poverty in Nigeria.
GOD WILL PROVIDE

Politician have stolen their future
GOD WILL JUDGE

And wonder why the country is like this.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
abeliver:
this looks like ECN BLOCK, Uniuyo

sha keep ur phone safe when u dey this particular block for night class..
No....That's GSV Rm II, Uniuyo.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by budaatum: 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
If anything I believe religion makes people lazy, hence the poverty in Nigeria.
GOD WILL PROVIDE

Politician have stolen their future
GOD WILL JUDGE

And wonder why the country is like this.
Is it that people are dragged to a religious place where they are made to be lazy? You do know those people pay for the privilege in the form of tithes, a tenth of their earnings, or rather - since they have no jobs - of whatever money they may have?

Please tell me if they wouldn't be financially better off selling akara instead of letting the little they have be stolen from them!

1 Like

Re: This Is What Nigerian Students Pass Through Just For Nothing by budaatum: 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
That's just sad, when hunger becomes the reason to be educated.
Hunger is not the reason to be educated! The hungry go and work for food. Education is just one of those things that has the potential to enable you to need to work less for more food.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Ur In Ur Final Year And U Get A Gud Lecturer As Ur Prject Supervisor (pic) / Wizkid Sprays Lots Of Cash At His Birthday Party With Burna, Davido Sends Wishes / Benevolent Comprehensive High School, Obbo Aiyegunle, Kwara State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.