Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,760 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:49 AM

Breaking News: House May Close Crude Oil Account - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: House May Close Crude Oil Account (3191 Views)

Shocking News, House Stool(chair) Used In Lagos Bus As Passenger Seat / Breaking News: House Of Rep Passes the PIB (Petroleum Industry Bill) / NCAA May Close Enugu Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: House May Close Crude Oil Account by rasputinn(m): 10:53pm On Feb 05, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

very funny (but grave) situation. we borrow to pay our debts and cannot generate enough to pay ourselves

Hick(belch),are you as think as I drunk you are That was a joke mate cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Breaking News: House May Close Crude Oil Account by obstead200(m): 11:21pm On Feb 05, 2011
[b]it is common knowledge that in this country, as far as capital expenditure and overhead costs (not personnel costs) is concerned, for every N1 the government spends, they, (due to constantly overbloated pricing) receives only N0.20k value for money.

if the government is to increase efficiency, honesty and tranparency by bringing this value for money to, say N0.60k for each naira, we would have effectively cut down our capital and overhead cost by over 60% without foregoing a single benefit. that also imples that we would have cut down our total budget by at least 40%.
Now tell me, if we have the above indices, will we have to borrow? will we have to close the excess crude a/c by increasing our crude oil benchmark pricing?
Now what about the elements of those overhead and capital cost items, are there no areas that are purely unneccesary to incure expenditure on e.g why import fuel and pay heavy subsidy when we can get our refineries running and produce enough for our use?
I'll keep on saying that our problem in naija is corruption,hypocrisy, selfishness, and sabotage.

just my two cents.
[/b]
Re: Breaking News: House May Close Crude Oil Account by naijasing(f): 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2011
GEJ wat nonesense is dis

(1) (2) (Reply)

Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara / Modu Sheriff, Senator Ali Ndume, Pindar Behind Boko Haram / Breaking: Lamido Dumps His Presidential Ambition, Endorses Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.