Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara (3182 Views)

Soldiers Shoot At Professor Abdulahi's Car For Overtaking Their Convoy In Bauchi / Hoodlums Stone Jonathan’s Convoy In Katsina / Anambra Youth Stone, Boo Ngige’s In Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 21, 2011
ACTION Congress of Nigeria (ACN) presidential candidate, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, escaped being lynched in Zamfara

on Saturday when furious youths barricaded and stoned his motorcade at the palace of the Emir of Gusau.

Eyewitnesses told the Nigerian Tribune that it took the intervention of the police and other security personnel to disperse the crowd before Mallam Ribadu could sneak into the palace.

Investigation by the Nigerian Tribune revealed that the party was enmeshed in crisis, following the replacement of its governorship standard-bearer, Alhaji Sarki Surajo, with Alhaji Bala Muhammad Dansadau.

The youth, who stormed the emir’s palace, were angry because of the way the state leadership of the party replaced their candidate and they were insisting that their presidential candidate Mallam Ribadu must come along with their candidate.

Speaking in an interview with newsmen, the embattled governorship candidate of the ACN in Zamfara State, Alhaji Surajo, maintained that he was still the standard-bearer of the party in the state.

According to him, “we have a pending court case in the Federal High Court until the court rules otherwise.

“So what happened today (Saturday) was a clear contempt of the court. Nobody has the right to give any flag to anybody,” Surajo declared.

Meanwhile, Mallam Ribadu has accused the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of being responsible for the recent political crisis bedevilling the country.

“The party (PDP) in its quest for power is gradually planting the seed of discord and heating the polity. It seems today, most Nigerians do not have confidence in the party and government.”

Speaking in Gusau, on Saturday, during a presidential campaign tour, Ribadu took a swipe at the antecedents at the ruling PDP in the last 12 years and concluded that the PDP was the main problem facing Nigeria.

Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that at least one person was killed while seven others were seriously injured at the weekend when armed political thugs attacked the campaign team of Bauchi State governorship candidate of the ACN, Senator Baba Tela in Giade.

Briefing newsmen on the incident in Bauchi, on Sunday, the ACN deputy governorship candidate, Mallam Ali Wakili and the Media Adviser to Senator Tela, Nasiru Ibrahim Darazo, said, “the thugs burnt down five vehicles in our train and molested people until armed policemen came to our rescue.”

They added that the policemen saved the victims from the assailants and advised them to conclude their campaign rally and leave the town since their security could not be guaranteed, considering the greater number of the thugs compared to the policemen around.

Darazo also said that they had given the Bauchi State government and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which he alleged sponsored the thugs, five days to pay them compensation or a necessary action be taken against them.

Wakili said after they left Giade town on their way to Azare, the thugs blocked the road and burnt down another vehicle, while the policemen had to intervene before they could continue their journey to Azare.

The state Police Commissioner, Mohammed Abdulkadir Indabawa, said “they informed me about the incident and I advised them to report the matter to the Giade police division for necessary action.”

In their separate reactions to the allegations, the publicity secretary of the PDP, Sani Al’amin Moham-med and the Special Adviser to Governor Isa Yuguda on Politics and Mobilisation, Abdulmumini Mohammed Kundak, said the PDP and the state government had no hand in the attack, adding that the government had sponsored a bye law that prohibited the use of weapons during campaigns.

They said that it was mischief for the AC N to blame the PDP and the state government.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/19148-youths-stone-ribadus-convoy-in-zamfara-acn-bauchi-gov-candidate-attacked-one-killed
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by jaymanny: 7:11am On Mar 21, 2011
BLOODY STORY TWISTER!! IF ANYTHING, THE STONING WAS DIRECTED AS SOMEONE ELSE AND YOU COME UP WITH RIBADU'S NAME?

SHUT UP!
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 21, 2011
jaymanny:

BLOODY STORY TWISTER!! IF ANYTHING, THE STONING WAS DIRECTED AS SOMEONE ELSE AND YOU COME UP WITH RIBADU'S NAME?

SHUT UP!

Indeed!!! May be it was directed at you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by Dreamchaser1(f): 12:53pm On Mar 21, 2011
I laugh in hausa!!!
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by assme: 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2011

SHUT UP!

Where have u been jaymanny? under the rock I guess cos this info by the poster was on the news this morning.
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by 3kay945(m): 1:36pm On Mar 21, 2011
am not surprise, at least with their level of ignorant and illiteracy.
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by searchcorp(m): 2:32pm On Mar 21, 2011
Ribadu is young and arrogant. Period! they should better make him an ambasador to saudi arabia or something, but for all i know this is not his time to rule nigeria, maybe some other time.
thanks. (abeg that na my opinion o! no yab me o!)
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by BluMalam(m): 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2011
3kay945:

I think you meant Ignorance, which shows YOUR level of literacy.

D-umb F-uck
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by BetaThings: 3:02pm On Mar 21, 2011
3kay945:

I am!
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by Bukittes(f): 3:23pm On Mar 21, 2011
searchcorp:

Ribadu is young and arrogant. Period! they should better make him an ambasador to saudi arabia or something, but for all i know this is not his time to rule nigeria, maybe some other time.
thanks. (abeg that na my opinion o! no yab me o!)

I've always said it, the guy is too arrogant! Anyways he is just part of the master game. He is not to allow the alliance with Buhari and he's playing his script well. But he needs to drop that arrogance if not even ambassador to Afghanistan he won't get. All because he headed a commission that had its script written by grandmasters, he's now boasting of being an individual! Ewu!!!
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by slap1(m): 4:08pm On Mar 21, 2011
BetaThings:

I am!

Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by Parnassuss(m): 4:48pm On Mar 21, 2011
Buhari's been accosted, jonathan's been booed and Ribadu's been stoned. So the heck what, it just the trend!
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 21, 2011
france fines google 142,000 euros click here to read morehttp://techblogng..com/2011/03/france-fines-google-142000-for-privacy.html
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by victorazy(m): 6:40pm On Mar 21, 2011
Ribadu is the man i will like to be the president of this country not Buhari
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by stormm: 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2011
searchcorp:

Ribadu is young and arrogant. Period! they should better make him an ambasador to saudi arabia or somethin

Do you have a low self-esteem? And did you read the post at all, please highlight the part of the write-up that potrayed Ribadu as arrogant. At 50+ he is young, na wa ooo. Wonder when he will be old enough to take on national responsibilities.
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by Phlota(f): 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2011
Ribadu is humbe nd selfless nt arrogant. did any of u watch d interactn he had wit youths in Kano@d centre 4 democratic and trainin centre. d guy is composed, smart and focused unlyk sm1 who xpects 2 b handed out questions b4 any intrview. WE DON'T NID [color=#770077]GOODLUCK[/color]
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by Phlota(f): 6:56pm On Mar 21, 2011
sorry, i meant humble nd WE DON'T NEED GOODLUCK
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by EnuguUkwu: 8:10pm On Mar 21, 2011
Funny. Ribadu head wan carry "abode"
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by foster2009: 8:24pm On Mar 21, 2011
I still cant understand where Ribadu suddenly got the resources to run for presidency as a former police officer. With his comments that openly indicted Tinubu when he was at EFCC, one wonders where conscience and consistency lies in his person. He ran abroad after leaving EFCC, lived like a king there, and now he is back. And Tafa Balogun is crying that his money has been re-embezzled. I see Ribadu as a crooked, arrogant person who was used by Obasanjo again his enemies as president and made his own money big time in the process. Buhari still remains the most honest of the lot. God save Nigeria.
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by EnuguUkwu: 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2011
Ribadu said - i dont mind if politicians use their stolen money to fund my campaigns - yeah, he said so. he is a leaking butt Mallam who can never be trusted.
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by hardywaltz(m): 1:38am On Mar 22, 2011
why do these Northerners love to throw objects at the slightest provocation, dont know whether its part of their culture/religion
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by mrofficial(m): 2:29am On Mar 22, 2011
Blu Malam:

I think you meant Ignorance, which shows YOUR level of literacy.

D-umb F-uck

And he said "i am not surprise" not surprised. Didn't you see that? grin
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by mrofficial(m): 2:31am On Mar 22, 2011
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by seanet02: 4:24am On Mar 22, 2011
PDP's Rented Youths
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by Parnassuss(m): 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2011
seanet02:

PDP's Rented Youths

The mofos never chop belle full thats y, and them too dull to know say na their employers dey mess them up pass!!! Correct mugurians!
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2011
seanet02:

PDP's Rented Youths

And the ones that stoned Mr President was whose rented youths?
Re: Youth Stone Ribadu's Convoy In Zamfara by searchcorp(m): 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2011
pls, ask anybody what happened when ribadu came to campaign in akure, one would have thought adedibu was suddenly back from the dead. the police entourage kept on shooting like their guns were starter pistols.
nobody on earth has the power to make me dislike him/her, i dont dislike the man, i am only saying he should better reflect on his life and do something of positive national consequences, then come back to campaign again.

(1) (Reply)

New Photos Of Men Shot Inside Osama Bin Laden's Compound (graphic) / Modu Sheriff, Senator Ali Ndume, Pindar Behind Boko Haram / *~GEJ inducted into Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame - 2011*~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.