Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Getting Closer To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Getting Closer To God (130 Views)

Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? / I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness / God Is Getting Closer! Another Prophecy Fulfilled, As Evidenced By Atheists! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting Closer To God by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
Getting Closer To God

Have you ever wonder what it takes to get the anointings of God?, That's probably what you wanted to be a part of you, but you should know that everything good comes with a price, are you willing to pay the price?

If you wants to get closer to God, there's a price you must pay, there's always something that you must sacrifice, are you willing/ready to crucify the flesh?, That's a question for you to answer!

In the world today, people wants free things, they want to get things out of nothing, yes, you can get things out of nothing — but only cheap things are sold for nothing.

If you want an honest relationship with God, you will always have to pay the price, you will have to get up and fight for what you want, you will have to pray – even when you are weak in the body, remember: weakness is not an excuse for you, and nothing should be, because no excuse is good enough to justify sinful acts.

Though We were born sinners, we grew into it more through our unrighteousness, and it is always hard to get out of something you have been into for a long time —just like addiction— each one of us was addicted to sin— to satisfy the cravings of the flesh.

but I want to tell you that there is a way out for you (Christ is the way), but to get to the way — you must crucify the flesh, which is not always easy (and that's where 'paying the price' is important).

Getting close to God requires hour to hour commitment, day to day commitment, it may not be easy — but it's worth it.

Getting close to God is like being against yourself; it's like doing what you don't feel like doing, and not doing what you feel like doing (because you will have to let go of your own desires, so that the Will of God will be done).

While trying to get closer to God, I discovered three ways in which one can grow in the fellowship of the Holyspirit, Which is;

1). Studying the Word(Bible): note that I wrote studying, and not reading, there's a big difference between them, in Studying the word— you will have to bring your whole attention and focus to what you are reading.

Studying the word is important because it's only through it that you will get to know more about God—his love, ways, what pleases him, and what displeases him. If you want to get closer to God, you must know his ways by studying his Word.

2). Doing The Word: Now of what use is it if you don't practice what you learn?, The Word is power, but when you fail to act it out—it becomes a mere knowledge.

Do/act the Word, and you will see God move in your life. So when you study the Word — do what it says.

3). Prayer: prayer is a form of communication with God, it means talking with God, hanging out with him—spending time with him. You need to talk to God if you wants to get closer to him, because every relationship without communication can not stand firm.

Communication is the key. Praying is not always about begging God for something, it's a time of praise, worship, thanksgivings, adoration... So next time you are praying, talk to God like his friend — and not a begger. let most of your prayers be about praise, thanksgivings, adoration...(e.t.c)...

Thanks for reading. Kindly share this article to your family and friends! cool

If you found this article useful, please try to contact me on Whatsapp; https:///2347069120906 for comments, or for more articles .

Don't forget to drop your comments below smiley

(1) (Reply)

Are You Born With A Birth From God ? / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When Someone Loses Money. / A Heartbeat Away From Eternity!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.