Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? (10094 Views)

Female Pastor: Eating Draw Soup Makes You Accessible For Kingdom Of Darkness / Kanye West 'Jesus Is King' Is Packed With Bible Verses & Praises To God / TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Michelle70(m): 6:49am On Oct 23, 2022
As for me, its praises

Praying makes me feel closer too but not as much as praises does

9 Likes

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Righthussle: 6:51am On Oct 23, 2022
When I was a Christain, I loved praises more than prayer. I loved praises not because I enjoyed praising the Christain God, I loved it because of the dancing and the melody of the songs. Prayer never made sense to me. How will your caring and loving God who knows all your needs wait for you to ask first before you get what he knows you need.

A good God doesn't need to be prayed to to do the needful.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Zonefree(m): 7:00am On Oct 23, 2022
Righthussle:
When I was a Christain, I loved praises more than prayer. Prayer never made sense to me. Prayer is a sign of distrust.
Christianity is always in you. You can't run away from Light.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by chiommy123(f): 7:09am On Oct 23, 2022
Praises brings me closer

1 Like

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:11am On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
As for me, its praises

Our faith is at the level it is today because we're controlled by feelings and emotions, all these are temporary and eventually fail.
Spiritual encounters In the place of prayers and praises are usually experienced, not felt

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Righthussle: 7:11am On Oct 23, 2022
Zonefree:

Christianity is always in you. You can't run away from Light.

Which light? Baba religion na scam.

Every religion will scare you into believing their nonsense with either threat of hellfire

Or

Promise of enjoying somewhere when you die.

If you be fear fear , you go believe their lies because you no wan go their hellfire

If you are a greedy fool , you go join their religion because you hear "in my fathers house there are many mansions there" , or say them go give you virgin women when you die.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:14am On Oct 23, 2022
I prefer worship.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Barims(m): 7:43am On Oct 23, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I prefer worship.

Both when I was religious, but I stopped when I found out that God is very useless

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Exmilitant(m): 7:47am On Oct 23, 2022
Barims:

Both when I was religious, but I stopped when I found out that God is very useless
easy bro, you could be excused for not believing in God but, outrightly insulting the most high is going beyond the beyond.

There is a supreme God who cares!!!

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Kobojunkie: 8:02am On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
As for me, its praises

According to God, the only way to draw closer go God is through continuous submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments in Jesus Christ - there is no other way to honor God. And as He made clear in John 15 vs 7 - 15, only those who abide in Him through Obedience will He abide in. No amount of your praying or praising or any of other rituals which He never commanded will change His decree. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Michelle70(m): 8:58am On Oct 23, 2022
Barims:

Recently, foolish people are now increasing on nairaland

E be like say since the flood start, many fools are now internally displaced into NL

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 23, 2022
Deep worship,I could literally move beyond this earth realm by being in atmosphere where deep worship songs reigns.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Kobojunkie: 9:09am On Oct 23, 2022
toobusy:
Deep worship,I could literally move beyond this earth realm by being in atmosphere where deep worship songs reigns.
I remember having similar experiences at my favorite rock concerts back In the days. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Jewade(m): 10:30am On Oct 23, 2022
Ok
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by GRACEGLORY: 10:30am On Oct 23, 2022
In Psalm 100:4
we are told to “enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise.”

Psalm 22:3 says: “But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel (His People).

Praise, provokes GOD’s manifest presence to you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by tolumizzy(m): 10:31am On Oct 23, 2022
Na worship o

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by WillyCassey: 10:31am On Oct 23, 2022
Worship for me.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Rich4god(m): 10:32am On Oct 23, 2022
If you want to feel close to God....

Leave a good life, Be involved in genuine charities and help humanity in the best possible way that you can.

8 Likes

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by tabaralph: 10:33am On Oct 23, 2022
Barims:

I feel your pains my dear but trust me there’s light at the end of the tunnel, though it may tarry but it will surely come

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 23, 2022
Fasting

1 Like

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by RichAbujaGuy: 10:33am On Oct 23, 2022
Word semantics, all three basically mean the same thing. wink

3 Likes

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 23, 2022
Barims:

Mention me if you are still alive 1st January 2023 and i will believe you.

3 Likes

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Michelle70(m): 10:34am On Oct 23, 2022
RichAbujaGuy:
Word semantics, all three basically mean the same thing. wink
they dont.

Praying is like talking to God, Praise is boldly declaring while worship is bowing in his presence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Honchoslim16(m): 10:34am On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
As for me, its praises

Y'all need to be specific!
Which of the God?
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by tabaralph: 10:35am On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
Recently, foolish people are now increasing on nairaland

E be like say since the flood start, many fools people are now internally displaced into NL
Hhmm take it easy on that fellow
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by DevilSignature: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2022
* Worship

* Praise

Prayer makes me feel bored in churches especially these new generational churches kind of prayers

5 Likes

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Michelle70(m): 10:36am On Oct 23, 2022
Honchoslim16:

Y'all need to be specific!
Which of the God?
Any God.

Which one do u serve?

Jehovah, Allah, Oduduwa or Ogun?
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:36am On Oct 23, 2022
There is no God.
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Honchoslim16(m): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
Any God.

Which one do u serve?

Jehovah, Allah, Oduduwa or Ogun?
Eledumare!
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Michelle70(m): 10:40am On Oct 23, 2022
Honchoslim16:

Eledumare!
been a long time i heard of that name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? / Question To Pastor Chris On The Relevance Of Tithing In Christ / Daddy Hezekiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.