Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS (371 Views)

Peter Obi: Much Ado About Funding From Diasporans / Sultan Of Sokoto Rewards Keke Rider For Returning Missing N500K To Owner In Jos / Abacha Loot: Buhari Thanks Swiss Govt For Returning $322.5m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by Firstorderwizard(m): 6:45pm On Jul 13, 2020
From my observation of happenings in the black communities, l have it on good authority that some blacks in America, Europe and other parts of the world are willing to return to their roots . Same way the Jews did after the Holocaust.
But African Leaders have not done enough to encourage them
ECOWAS should map out some territories from member countries and create a mini-republic for returning blacks all over the world.
60-70% of sold slaves are from West Africa.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/ghana-to-black-americans-come-home-well-help-you-build-a-life-here/2020/07/03/1b11a914-b4e3-11ea-9a1d-d3db1cbe07ce_story.html%3foutputType=amp
Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by iTroll: 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2020
this will only cause further division and more xenophobic-esque occurences in the dark continent
Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by JAOS(m): 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
this is the dumpest thread i've read today cool
Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by saheedbadmus(m): 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
Well that's your opinion but I don't think they would want to return to Africa cos our leaders are myopic and Africa keep going backwards
Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by aremuforlife(m): 7:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
Where will the territory be, who is ready to release there territory to them? They are of no benefit to africa, they don't regard their self as one.
Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by aremuforlife(m): 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
[/quote][quote author=saheedbadmus post=91679975]Well that's your opinion but I don't think they would want to return to Africa cos our leaders are myopic and Africa keep going backwards
This is not the matter of myopic leaders, the fact is the so called AA dont like to associate with Africans, the regard Africans as lesser beings to them.
Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by Mynd44: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
You really want a war don't you?

Has the Jewish state caused anything more than wars because the original people in the land don't agree with the madness that happened?
Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mynd44:
You really want a war don't you?

Has the Jewish state caused anything more than wars because the original people in the land don't agree with the madness that happened?

As usual, we are always looking out for the negatives in every situation.
Ghana is already ahead of us

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/ghana-to-black-americans-come-home-well-help-you-build-a-life-here/2020/07/03/1b11a914-b4e3-11ea-9a1d-d3db1cbe07ce_story.html%3foutputType=amp
Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by tutudesz: 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2020
JAOS:
this is the dumpest thread i've read today cool
Seriously very dumb!! So Ecowas will force countries to give up their land
Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by cjrane: 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
From my observation of happenings in the black communities, l have it on good authority that some blacks in America, Europe and other parts of the world are willing to return to their roots . Same way the Jews did after the Holocaust.
ECOWAS should map out some territories from member countries and create a mini-republic for returning blacks all over the world.

What language and geographic area will be official for the new country?

Ghana and Gambia have already provided huge swathes of land for diaspora Africans . Nigeria will be very unlikely to provide anything for free in the safer northern part of the country where land is abundant and available.

But it will be great if they can provide free land in Abuja for diaspora Africans. It will boost the development of Nigeria.
Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
tutudesz:

Seriously very dumb!! So Ecowas will force countries to give up their land

Member countries will agree on it.
No country will be forced .
Remember I said a mini republic.
Ecomog will be the countries army.
Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by Mynd44: 7:53pm On Jul 13, 2020
Firstorderwizard:

This is a joke going too far. It won't work.
Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2020
There is a Country in place already- LIBERIA

1 Like

Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mynd44:

This is a joke going too far. It won't work.

Ghana is joking right?
I have a Facebook friend, a black American who is planning to permanently relocate to Ghana next year
Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by tutudesz: 11:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
Firstorderwizard:

Mini republic undecided there so many countries in Africa ready to give black american free citizenship. So why the need of a republic
Re: OPINION; ECOWAS SHOULD CREATE A MINI REPUBLIC FOR RETURNING BLACK DIASPORANS by Difrent: 11:14pm On Jul 13, 2020
Firstorderwizard:

Elementary History taught me that Sierra Leone was founded to settle freed slaves from Britain / Europe while Liberia was founded to settle freed slaves from America.....so I don't see the need for another country to be founded for the same reason.

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs - Presidency Replies Senate / Insecurity: Nigerians Know We Have Done Our Best – Buhari / Nigerians! What Happened?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.