Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,476 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Please Be Patient- A True Life Story. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Please Be Patient- A True Life Story. (829 Views)

*this Is Ritual Money* I Said To My Boss........ A True Life Story You Must Read / Don't Let Man Insult You Because Of Money: True Life Story. / A True Life Story Of A Nairalander Serving His Father's Land.(nysc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Be Patient- A True Life Story. by chrisxxx(m): 4:53am On Jul 14, 2020
Be Patient
I will share a personal experience. This happened and not just a story. It happened to me.
In 2008 I was a corps member in Ilorin Kwara State.
I was serving in an electromechanical workshop.
The workshop was a place of people with different educational background. Some Educated, semi-educated and stark illiterates.
I was well respected in the workshop as a corper. I also respected them as much.
There came a day one of them invited us to her wedding. Initially I never planned to go. However, it happened that one of my corper friends visited me for the weekend and we needed to make a plan of how to cancel meal. I told my friend about the wedding invitation and he said it was the best place to eat for the day.
We set out for the venue.
When we got there we found a vantage position to sit. It was actually a place where by no means would we miss food service.
But surprisingly the waitresses were deliberately missing us. We called for services, no attention.
It was obvious we were not been served because we were uninvited. We never looked like them. They all had the owambe uniform. We were smartly dressed.
A lot of thoughts were running riots in my mind. I would have used the transport to add to get food.
But I just realized something. That I seemed not to know anybody in the event as well as nobody seemed to recognize me. This could be a wrong venue I said to myself.
I excused myself to call one of the workshop boys I knew must not miss the event.
My fear was confirmed. I was at the wrong place. Though it was a much relieve as it rekindled my hope of having a free lunch.
I dashed into the hall to notify my corper friend of this development. He also seemed relieved.
Our situation was burning from both ends. Our desperation was becoming obvious.
We were in danger of losing our transport and not eating.
A bike rider quickly took us to the real venue.
When we got there I smiled as I started seeing familiar faces.
We were well dressed and this quickly earned us high table position.
Though we were seated just behind the high table. It was a vantage position.
Do I say we're lucky?
This is because no sooner had we arrived than they started sharing food from behind. Just a line behind us. Ah! Could this be history about repeating itself same day?
The foods were packed in plastic plates. We won't want to take any chance. They had started again to share. Surprisingly they started sharing the foods just behind our seat row. We were surprised once again. My corper friend was from Akwa Ibom. We saw ourselves as Niger Deltan. We don't come last.
We quickly took the food individually by force despite protest by the waitresses. We remember the Biblical injunction that permitted that taking by force act.
They were saying 'E nisiru' E Nisiru'. We never cared to know the meaning because our transport was on the line.
Some how the waitresses were looking at us like these gentlemen might not actually be what we thought. They looked as us pitifully.
We cared less about their thoughts. I remember a line then by Gongaso-'My personality no matter at all'.
Even those seated on the same row with us were a kind of looking at us with suspicion. We're eating like hungry lions.
'Men we no send'.
We were hungry and desperate.
But suddenly things started to unfold. First moi-moi appeared from no where. Salad cream came out. Shining fragile plates started to surface. Red coloured stew everywhere. Chicken wings and laps followed. Beefs Yoruba-sized cut were magnificently displayed. All these were kept on the high table ready for dishing.
We realized our mistakes. We were seated at the high table but took the foods of other guests.
My corper friend said we should take again. I resisted. He was the one who coerced me to take the one we took first.
It was later I learnt that 'E nisiru'' means Please wait be patient.

2 Likes

Re: Please Be Patient- A True Life Story. by kingvick09(m): 5:32am On Jul 14, 2020
chrisxxx:
Be Patient
I will share a personal experience. This happened and not just a story. It happened to me.
In 2008 I was a corps member in Ilorin Kwara State.
I was serving in an electromechanical workshop.
The workshop was a place of people with different educational background. Some Educated, semi-educated and stark illiterates.
I was well respected in the workshop as a corper. I also respected them as much.
There came a day one of them invited us to her wedding. Initially I never planned to go. However, it happened that one of my corper friends visited me for the weekend and we needed to make a plan of how to cancel meal. I told my friend about the wedding invitation and he said it was the best place to eat for the day.
We set out for the venue.
When we got there we found a vantage position to sit. It was actually a place where by no means would we miss food service.
But surprisingly the waitresses were deliberately missing us. We called for services, no attention.
It was obvious we were not been served because we were uninvited. We never looked like them. They all had the owambe uniform. We were smartly dressed.
A lot of thoughts were running riots in my mind. I would have used the transport to add to get food.
But I just realized something. That I seemed not to know anybody in the event as well as nobody seemed to recognize me. This could be a wrong venue I said to myself.
I excused myself to call one of the workshop boys I knew must not miss the event.
My fear was confirmed. I was at the wrong place. Though it was a much relieve as it rekindled my hope of having a free lunch.
I dashed into the hall to notify my corper friend of this development. He also seemed relieved.
Our situation was burning from both ends. Our desperation was becoming obvious.
We were in danger of losing our transport and not eating.
A bike rider quickly took us to the real venue.
When we got there I smiled as I started seeing known faces.
We were well dressed and this quickly earned us high table position.
Though we were seated just behind the high table. It was a vantage position.
Do I say we're lucky?
This is because no sooner had we arrived than they started sharing food from behind. Just a line behind us. Ah! Could this be history about repeating itself same day?
The foods were packed in plastic plates. We won't want to take any chance. They had started again to share. Surprisingly they started sharing the foods just behind our seat row. We were surprised once again. My corper friend was from Akwa Ibom. We saw ourselves as Niger Deltan. We don't come last.
We quickly took the food individually by force despite protest by the waitresses. We remember the Biblical injunction that permitted that taking by force act.
They were saying 'E nisiru' E Nisiru'. We never cared to know the meaning because our transport was on the line.
Some how the waitresses were looking at us like these gentlemen might not actually be what we thought. They looked as us pitifully.
We cared less about their thoughts. I remember a line then by Gongaso-'My personality no matter at all'.
Even those seated on the same row with us were a kind of looking at us with suspicion. We're eating like hungry lions.
'Men we no send'.
We were hungry and desperate.
But suddenly things started to unfold. First moi-moi appeared from no where. Salad cream came out. Shining fragile plates started to surface. Red coloured stew everywhere. Chicken wings and laps followed. Beefs Yoruba-sized cut were magnificently displayed. All these were kept on the high table ready for dishing.
We realized our mistakes. We were seated at the high table but took the foods of other guests.
My corper friend said we should take again. I resisted. He was the one who coerced me to take the one we took first.
It was later I learnt that 'E nisiru'' means Please wait be patient.
NAWA O
Re: Please Be Patient- A True Life Story. by DaddyRochie1642: 7:05am On Jul 14, 2020
Many Will Do The Same If The were in Your Shoes... I might have Acted the Same Way too grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please Be Patient- A True Life Story. by SimeonOTC(m): 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2020
chaaaaaaiiiiiiiiigringrin kaiii...impatient is bastardgrin
Re: Please Be Patient- A True Life Story. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
Very funny grin
Re: Please Be Patient- A True Life Story. by tmanis(m): 11:05am On Nov 17, 2021
chrisxxx:

I was serving in an electromechanical workshop..

Good day boss

Please,
Does kwara nysc normally post corpers to places like this, that is, ppa that is not a school, or you had to make special arrangements to get a place like that?

Thanks
Re: Please Be Patient- A True Life Story. by chrisxxx(m): 12:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
tmanis:

Good day boss

Please,
Does kwara nysc normally post corpers to places like this, that is, ppa that is not a school, or you had to make special arrangements to get a place like that?

Thanks
Bros they did then though I do not know now. Though a fellow corper I met in the workshop made me realise that he did his arrangement before he came to service. I had a personal relationship with the Camp Commandant and he put me on his list. That made them to send me to Ilorin and to the workshop at the expense of a guy who together did with the corper I met in the workshop. They had arrangement to serve in the workshop. Surprisingly by grace I displaced one of them.

(1) (Reply)

Where Are U Posted For Your Nysc Service ? / Batch C Corps In Taraba State Lets Meet Here / Nysc Ish.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.