Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

How To Handle Addictions - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Handle Addictions (121 Views)

Inside Ibogaine, 1 Of Most Promising And Perilous Psychedelics For Addictions / Getting Over Addictions.. / My Addictions To Betting, Masturbation, Pepsi Will Soon Kill Me. I'm Sure! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Handle Addictions by ValourDigest(m): 10:28am On Jul 14, 2020
An addiction is an incredibly intense attachment to something, without which a person’s ability to function optimally is impaired. Some people learn to handle addictions while others become slaves to their urges and cravings. I’m not a psychic, so I can’t tell where you fall into. However, considering you’re here, it’s safe to assume that you want to learn how to handle addictions.

In all honesty, considering how much a person has built his existence on the tangible/intangible object of addiction, the journey is a tough one. Depending on the level of addiction, it requires a lot of discipline. However, it’s not unachievable. As such, we’ll be walking you through five ways through which you can handle addictions.

1. Genuinely make up your mind to stop

Now, we’re willing to admit that thinking about stopping it does not, in any way, equal stopping it. However, it is the first step, and it goes a ridiculously long way. Without first wanting to stop, all efforts may be wasted on you. Either that or they’ll be too intense for you to handle. As such, you must want to stop. If you currently don’t want to quit yet, think of all the things this addiction has taken from you. All the opportunities you’ve missed because you decided to indulge yourself. These thoughts should spur you in the right direction.

READ MORE: https://valourdigest.com/how-to-handle-addictions/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Virus Hunters Race To Trace Covid-19 Spread / 'A Slap In The Face': How Racial Bias Dogs US Coronavirus Response At Every Lev / 100tips To Lose Weight, Keep Fit And Maintain Body Shape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.