Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,357 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Getting Over Addictions.. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Getting Over Addictions.. (48713 Views)

The Science Of Getting Over Depression / How To Win Over Addictions This Lockdown / My Addictions To Betting, Masturbation, Pepsi Will Soon Kill Me. I'm Sure! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Over Addictions.. by Candidlady: 11:50am On Jul 26, 2021
As a lady I still find it hard not to do kwaya (drugs). Bad influence I guess or maybe because I saw my dad and his cliques doing it so it rub off on me

Been to rehab couple of times, currently taking a counseling class although I haven't attended for like a week...

I find myself doing it although deep down I don't wanna, but it is something I can't help

Please if anyone is going through this phase or has passed and overcome kindly share your experience to help conquer this war against drugs and alcohol

Thanks

Addiction is real and deadly

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Jesterinjay: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2021
sad
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Candidlady: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2021
Smoking is bad for the health. yeah true that but how come my soul and mental state ain't at peace until I take two sticks of dunhil with a mix of lexotan + dinamogyn

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Candidlady: 11:54am On Jul 26, 2021
Jesterinjay:
sad

Are you here to share experience or to read comments

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by donbachi(m): 11:57am On Jul 26, 2021
Are u into alternative lifestyle?i know why i'm asking.so,we can start from there.thanks.

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Jesterinjay: 11:58am On Jul 26, 2021
Candidlady:

Are you here to share experience or to read comments
the latter,but your addiction explains alot

2 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Candidlady: 11:59am On Jul 26, 2021
donbachi:
Are u into alternative lifestyle?i know why i'm asking.so,we can start from there.thanks.

Really I would say Yes

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Candidlady: 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2021
Jesterinjay:
the latter,but your addiction explains alot

Elaborate elaborate please
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Candidlady: 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2021
PMBfirstson:
Zero 9 zero 66 71 39 32 call this

This ain't just for me...

Share help on here so others can benefit

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Jesterinjay: 12:05pm On Jul 26, 2021
Candidlady:

Ain't doing that. Too much of a man-hater cool

5 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Jesterinjay: 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2021
Candidlady:

7 Likes

Candidlady:

1 Like 1 Share

Candidlady:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Robertgreene1(m): 12:09pm On Jul 26, 2021
my dear u re not alone...I've been there nd back nd I know how it feels like...
I battled severe trams addiction for 5 years...throughout my uni days...it wz js terrible....at a point I wz doing 800mg nd above of trams every single day...infact I stopped attending lectures..I do just hole up in my apartment..do trams nd doze all day...
I was acting weird...always agressive...ghosted everyone both family and friends...infact it was just me nd my darling t.m.
Then during dt great lockdown...my biz wz affected... so I holed up at home..then I said 2 myself.."I've had enough of this drug shit"...why not achieve something during ds frustrating lockdown by conquering this addiction demon?...
so I started fighting the demon nd it was a very painful nd long journey back 2 recovery....4 more than 6 months...I felt like dieing...d withdrawal phase was js terrible...d chills..d muscle spasms..d fever..d body pains...d mood swings (extreme highs and lows)..d anxiety... d Restlessness nd worse of em all...d insomnia(sleeplessness)...
so I used Diazepam(Valium) 4 d 1st 6 months 2 help ease d withdrawal symptoms a bit.
Then when I wanted 2 quit Valium after 6 months..I found out dt my system av gotten dependent on it as well...so it was back 2 square one ...Nd to my worst nightmare I found out soon enough dt d withdrawal symptoms of diazepam (benzodiazepines) is even far worse than that of tramadol (opiods)...it was js terrible..better imagined than experienced..
This time around I felt like I was completely loosing it...But lucky me...I discovered that alcohol can also act as a sedative just like diazepam so I used Alcohol for 3 months 2 ease d withdrawal symptoms of diazepam (pls run away 4rm any drug of d benzodiazepine family)....
2 cut d long story short...today I've been drug free for 8 months nd counting now..nd I ant going back 2 dt shit again...
so my dear u can do it.. just believe in urself.. tell urself dt u re stronger than that addiction...then fight d battle of recovery and remember not 2 rush it...Js take it one step at a time...u get closer 2 recovery wit each passing day as ur brain recalibrates itself back 2 it's pre-addiction state..find other hobbies 2 keep ur mind away from d drug(s)...if I can do it dear...then u can do it as well
Shalom....

725 Likes 54 Shares

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Candidlady: 12:09pm On Jul 26, 2021
Jesterinjay:

grin

Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Candidlady: 12:10pm On Jul 26, 2021
Robertgreene1:
dearie u re not alone...

Your experience please

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Jesterinjay: 12:12pm On Jul 26, 2021
Candidlady:

grin
Ok
cool cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by donbachi(m): 12:13pm On Jul 26, 2021
Candidlady:

Really I would say Yes
dat is the main problem.get out of it and u will see urself not doing the smoking and alcohol things.

I pray the urge for alternative lifestyle, smoking and drinking to die now,and whatever spirit dat is demanding them from u,i curse it to die now ijn.

Pour water in a glass cup and repeat the following;
Dis is just an ordinary water,but now the blood of Jesus.as i drink it,let every urge to smoke and take alcohol die right now.let the blood of Jesus enter into my blood,veins and bone marrow and flush out smoking and drinking out of my entire body system...now and forevermore.ijn.

Before drinking it.plead the blood of Jesus into it 7 times.u can drop a number for futher follow up,if u want.
Shalom.

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2021
I for talk wetin dey my mind but...... Never mind grin

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Candidlady: 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2021
I lost my job due to this addiction, alcohol wasn't far fetch, because we have a bar in the house.

Drugs wasn't something to drive miles to get, have got friends who are inclined.. My house was a safe haven for anything,. As per folks were seldom at home

Sk AZ mj all I needed to do was dial 7 ... Dealer will be at gate..

And still no peace of mind

Kanye West once said Which is worst, the pain or the hangover?

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Candidlady: 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2021
donbachi:
dat is the main problem.get out of it and u will see urself not doing the smoking and alcohol things.

I pray the urge for alternative lifestyle, smoking and drinking to die now,and whatever spirit dat is demanding them from u,i curse it to die now ijn.

Pour water in a glass cup and repeat the following;
Dis is just an ordinary water,but now the blood of Jesus.as i drink it,let every urge to smoke and take alcohol die right now.let the blood of Jesus enter into my blood,veins and bone marrow and flush out smoking and drinking out of my entire body system...now and forevermore.ijn.

Before drinking it.plead the blood of Jesus into it 7 times.u can drop a number for futher follow up,if u want.
Shalom.

I hope it works

Truth is I have given up on God... Like he never hears me..

I once slept in my car somewhere around finance bridge here in Abuja over night... Was so stoned I couldn't drive..

Even God overslept on Sunday and that was why the devil was able to crawl into heaven

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Candidlady: 12:23pm On Jul 26, 2021
DaniWhizbang:
I for talk wetin dey my mind but...... Never mind grin

Talk am..

I no carry gun

2 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by donbachi(m): 12:28pm On Jul 26, 2021
Candidlady:

I hope it works

Truth is I have given up on God... Like he never hears me..

I once slept in my car somewhere around finance bridge here in Abuja over night... Was so stoned I couldn't drive..

Even God overslept on Sunday and that was why the devil was able to crawl into heaven
Dont worry,the hands of ur troubles are broken..and never give up on GOD,he shows up in the midst of it all..he is right there with u.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by GeneralPula: 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2021
Science student

But why don’t you have peace of mind?
What are you lacking that’s not letting you to have peace?

4 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Candidlady: 12:37pm On Jul 26, 2021
GeneralPula:
Science student

But why don’t you have peace of mind?
What are you lacking that’s not letting you to have peace?

Can't really place. A finger on what am lacking...

Am not lacking money... Not lacking shelter not lacking food but I still feel empty

You might not get what am trying to pass across

31 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Sonnobax15(m): 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2021
grin
I think if I can get over gambling (betting),I don't think there's nothing on this earth that no one can't get rid of,so long you've set your mind at it....

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Candidlady: 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2021
Please share your experience

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Sonnobax15(m): 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2021
Candidlady:

Am not lacking money... Not lacking shelter not lacking food but I still feel empty

Bro,I think what you're battling is called depressed undecided

5 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by GeneralPula: 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2021
Candidlady:

What of passionate romance?

6 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by kelechi50: 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2021
Christ in you the hope glory, Out of Christ all you has is crisis. That's what you lack my sister
Candidlady:

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by waywardpikin: 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2021
Candidlady:
Smoking is bad for the health. yeah true that but how come my soul and mental state ain't at peace until I take two sticks of dunhil with a mix of lexotan + dinamogyn

Dunhil? I'm more of a Benson Switch guy. I'm desperately trying to stop smoking cigarettes but I just can't seem to stay away for too long. I only quit for a full year (2016-2017), then I came back with full force.

What does lexotan + dinamogyn do for you?

I'm more of rohypnol + happy pills dude. Then I love me some Arizona/loud then the occasional colorado to tempt fate. I love my alcohol - gin, whiskey, tequila, black bottles of beer (Legend in particular), etc. Only thing I wish I could stop was the cigarettes.

God help me sha.

18 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much / Lady Shows Off Her Amazing Body Transformation (Photos) / Secret Serum Likely Saved Ebola Patients, CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.