Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests (17357 Views)

I Do Swear That I Won't Allow Personal Interests Influence My Conduct. - Tinubu / Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation (OOF) Celebrates Olusegun Obasanjo As He Turns 85 / How Personal Interests Fuel PDP Crisis Ahead 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:53am On Jul 14, 2020
Ok. Good to know.
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by sylve11: 10:53am On Jul 14, 2020
Hmmmm cool
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Angelfrost(m): 10:53am On Jul 14, 2020
“Some Yoruba have come to me and said you didn’t do enough for the Yoruba. I said, ‘Yes, did I do for Nigeria?’ They said, ‘You did?’ I asked, is Yoruba not part of Nigeria? If I did as I could for Nigeria and Yoruba are part of Nigeria, then I have done for the Yoruba as well as I have done for Igbo, Hausa and so on. I think that must guide us."

Words on Marble!!!... Buhari should please read this.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Kwamecron(m): 10:54am On Jul 14, 2020
We kw
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 14, 2020
He knows most Nigerians have 2kb of memory space.

The only Nigerian president that erected a Presidential library in his name while still in office.

We won't talk about the 16BILLION DOLLARS meant for electricity which disappeared without trace.

And we won't mention the Ghana-must-go bags distributed to the National Assembly members to help with his third term agenda.

No, we won't mention the rigging of various elections in the country during his time to help perpetuate him in government.

Just as we won't mention the killing he and members of the National Assembly made when GSM was just being introduced to Nigeria.

A man who just came out of prison, penniless and straight to presidency suddenly became the richest African president barely 8 years after.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by longetivity(m): 10:55am On Jul 14, 2020
Emu4life:
Yes, of course. He's better than Y9ar'adua
sure undecided
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Vatod(m): 10:55am On Jul 14, 2020
longetivity:
best democratically elected president in Nigeria ever. He's not lying.
I would’ve give that to Uncle Musa
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by lekki1444: 10:56am On Jul 14, 2020
Bethel4Life:
U dey mind that ugly baboon
but madam i dey look your picture and you are ugly too na
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Noel19: 10:56am On Jul 14, 2020
IamCookie:
BIG...FAT Lie

Explain critically and constructively why you felt otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Starz825(m): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2020
every past Nigerian president had their way with personal interest...stop acting holy...
but buhari own worse...jeez
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Strangebuttrue(m): 10:57am On Jul 14, 2020
Obasanjo should be well respected by all Nigerians, he has sacrifices a lot for this country

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Noel19: 10:58am On Jul 14, 2020
SmartProf:
How about your third term failed interest? Saint OBJ we salute you o...if u had done exactly like you are saying, why didn't we become like Singapore under Lee Kwan Yew. You think you are talking to children who wear pampers? Nonesense.

Let us be constructive in our analysis. Yes they were flaws in his administration but Obj remains the best Nigerian president since Democratic dispenstaion.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Gpapa77: 10:58am On Jul 14, 2020
Nigerians don't appreciate good president,that is why God has been given us bad ones after Yaradua

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Openbusiness3: 10:58am On Jul 14, 2020
See lie abeg shocked. Didn't pursue wetin yet you wanted to do 3rd term. Chaiii grin
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by jojomario(m): 10:59am On Jul 14, 2020
His tenure spent more on power and energy with nothing to show for it.
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by lekki1444: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2020
FrLukas:
He knows most Nigerians have 2kb of memory.

The only Nigerian president that erected a Presidential library in his name while still in office.

We won't talk about the 16BILLION DOLLARS meant for electricity which disappeared without trace.
16 billion dollars audio money
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by frankmoney(m): 10:59am On Jul 14, 2020
longetivity:
there is nothing bloke best all the president in Nigeria has been pure shits
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Noel19: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2020
Bethel4Life:
U dey mind that ugly baboon

Keep quiet! Stop attacking his look and criricize him constructively, that's how sane people argue.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by dangoteinlaw: 11:00am On Jul 14, 2020
And he needed 4 good terms to achive that little bragging right. Obasanjo was a collosal failure
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by doublecross(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2020
i laugh in German. this obasanjo is a a mad man. so you ruled without personal interest and the country is not anything close to south africa
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Greenpace214(f): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2020
longetivity:

Goan sit down
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by fredoooooo: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2020
ALARWMU .. WE
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by expert555: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2020
SmartProf:
How about your third term failed interest? Saint OBJ we salute you o...if u had done exactly like you are saying, why didn't we become like Singapore under Lee Kwan Yew. You think you are talking to children who wear pampers? Nonesense.

He was doing That for the country since he left you have not not not done anything, noting nothing. If he wanted to loot till dealt he doesn’t need a third term to do that sir

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 14, 2020
Lying at this old age? For what?
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by spirul77: 11:02am On Jul 14, 2020
longetivity:
best for where ? he was better than his predecessor? he institutionalised corruption in the democratic system of Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by kayjay69(m): 11:03am On Jul 14, 2020
and as a man, I have no penis.

What an old idiot.

I was old enough to know what happened to the funds pumped into the power sector. I was old enough to know what happened to his 3rd term agenda and what led to it.
I was old enough to know how this man selectively pursued fighting corruption and most importantly I was old enough to know how this man (through another messed up motherf**ker called Maurice Iwu Prof) oversaw the mass rigging and manipulation of elections in the country in 2003 and 2007.
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by ekorian: 11:04am On Jul 14, 2020
Did Lee achieve the Singapore of his dream within the same framework as Obj Lee was in charge of the country for not less than 30 years. More importantly, every Singaporean was queueing behind his policy religiously. Take it or leave it, Obj did his best for the interest of the nation without any sentimental coloration. And as we can see today, with the circumstances at hand, Obj still remains the President to beat in the history of Nigeria.

SmartProf:
Re: Obasanjo: As President I Didn't Pursue Personal Interests by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 14, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
angry

OBASANJO the useless ex-president.
Pride and stubbornness didn't allow to add any value to the country.
Ghana must go president.

The only he has to his name is GSM.
This is an achievement anyways because, gms ONLY came during his regime and not that he was responsible for the achievements.

P.S
To the foolish OSU ipob jew pig opening new account every minute and trolling me, YOU ARE ONLY wasting your life grin
Una never tire
U never see anything grin

D guy no get job at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Troops Avert Deadly Attack On Worshippers At Katsina Mosque / Pictures Of Peter Obi In Town Hall Meeting With The Business Community / Buhari Unveils Economic Recovery Plan In December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.