Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain (2311 Views)

Loss Of Libido Due To Depression: How Does One Revive It? / Before DNA, Consider The Emotional Health Of Your Wife And Child, Lady Cried Out / Photo Of A Mother And Daughter With Big Backsides Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by darkgoddes(f): 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2020
I just want to pour out my heart.

I'm in seriously emotional pain. I lost my sweet mother. The cold hands of death snatched her away from me. This pain is so raw and wont go away. I'm so devastated. I need someone to tell me, how do I cope? I feel so alone. I feel so naked without my mother. cry Does it mean I wont ever see my mother again? I keep wondering if she wont be feeling so cold in the morgue right now? Oh God! Why

I am her only daughter and the bond was so strong. She taught and showed me unconditional love. She always say her children were her greatest achievement. Mummy why didnt you wait for me to do all those things I promised you I will do for you? Why is death so cruel? I'm so shattered right now. I will so miss her dearly. Cant just stop shedding tears cry cry cry. I'm so sad and broken.

How can I cope? Someone please tell me. I cant stop looking at her photos on my phone. I cant stop playing the several short videos I made of her when she was alive. It feels so surreal to accept that my mum is gone! No one can ever ever take her place in my heart.

Continue to rest in peace mum.

14 Likes

Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by Righteousness89(m): 1:29pm On Jul 14, 2020
So sorry dear..

So Painful to lose those we love , more Especially a Loving Mother..

Feel free to Cry and release your tears and Emotions...

But don't do it for too long... Especially if your Loved one passed away in the Lord. You just have to play your own part so you can reunited with her in Heaven....

2 Likes

Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by 2special(m): 1:30pm On Jul 14, 2020
God will definitely see you through....

1 Like

Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by longetivity(m): 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2020
Sorry for your loss, God Almighty will see you through
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by cococandy(f): 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2020
Sweetheart accept my condolences.
I don’t think I can relate to what you’re feeling right now but I know it’s one of my greatest fear which I know must come to pass someday.

I hope time helps you heal. Hugs

8 Likes

Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2020
darkgoddes:

I'm in seriously emotional pain. I lost my sweet mother. The cold hands of death snatched her away from me. This pain is so raw and wont go away. I'm so devastated. I need someone to tell me, how do I cope? I feel so alone. I feel so naked without my mother. cry Does it mean I wont ever see my mother again? I keep wondering if she wont be feeling so cold in the morgue right now? Oh God! Why

I am her only daughter and the bond was so strong. She taught and showed me unconditional love. She always say her children were her greatest achievement. Mummy why didnt you wait for me to do all those things I promised you I will do for you? Why is death so cruel? I'm so shattered right now. I will so miss her dearly. Cant just stop shedding tears cry cry cry. I'm so sad and broken.

How can I cope? Someone please tell me. I cant stop looking at her photos on my phone. I cant stop playing the several short videos I made of her when she was alive. It feels so surreal to accept that my mum is gone! No one can ever ever take her place in my heart.

Sorry abt that.. Reply pm
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by Swissheart(f): 9:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
Take heart Dear. The truth is that this pain never go away but gradually we learn to live with it and understand it better too.

Losing one's Mother is like a part of you is somewhere out in the dark. Like half of you is in a faraway land that you can't get to. The obvious truth is that you won't see her again, you both won't be graced to be what you used to be anymore.

You might not even see her in your dreams no matter how much you cry but trust me, you'll be fine.

Cry, shout, scream, wail, sob as much as you want........after all these, you'll get slightly better and want to jump, travel, drink,swim...... mind it, you are not better yet......you'll get depressed and my dear, that is when mourning starts. I fear that phase. You 'll need your true friends, counselor around (not family because they wont understand it). Please do everything to survive this period, pray too.

After that phase, you 'll be strong like a rock! You are now a mother yourself.

The Lord comfort you, speak peace to you and assure you of His existence in your life. Mom has gone to be with her maker, Mine left 1year and 1 month ago.We'll all have to someday. Death is an unavoidable reality that we all will experience.

I love you and I wish you peace especially now.

11 Likes

Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by merieam16(f): 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
sorry abt d loss. May d lord comfort u
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by darkgoddes(f): 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2020
Thanks to everyone for the comforting words. I used to think I'm very strong emotionally but believe me, I have been crying my eyes out and I'm struggling to cope. I pray that the lord gives me strength. It is well.
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by darkgoddes(f): 10:22pm On Jul 14, 2020
I was never prepared for this. I knew this would happen one day but never knew it would be this soon.

Oh God cry, this is killing me...I miss her so much already.

Swissheart:
Take heart Dear. The truth is that this pain never go away but gradually we learn to live with it and understand it better too.

Losing one's Mother is like a part of you is somewhere out in the dark. Like half of you is in a faraway land that you can't get to. The obvious truth is that you won't see her again, you both won't be graced to be what you used to be anymore.

You might not even see her in your dreams no matter how much you cry but trust me, you'll be fine.

Cry, shout, scream, wail, sob as much as you want........after all these, you'll get slightly better and want to jump, travel, drink,swim...... mind it, you are not better yet......you'll get depressed and my dear, that is when mourning starts. I fear that phase. You 'll need your true friends, counselor around (not family because they wont understand it). Please do everything to survive this period, pray too.

After that phase, you 'll be strong like a rock! You are now a mother yourself.

The Lord comfort you, speak peace to you and assure you of His existence in your life. Mom has gone to be with her maker, Mine left 1year and 1 month ago.We'll all have to someday. Death is an unavoidable reality that we all will experience.

I love you and I wish you peace especially now.
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by Mumben(f): 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2020
So sorry for your loss. Take heart, the Lord will see you through
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by Swissheart(f): 11:31pm On Jul 14, 2020
darkgoddes:
I was never prepared for this. I knew this would happen one day but never knew it would be this soon.

Oh God cry, this is killing me...I miss her so much already.

Please be strong. You'll miss her every minute, you'll think of her everyday and everything will remind you of her. I avoided her room for months. I know how you feel.

Please try to be strong for your siblings. You are their mother now. They'll see her through you. Observe the burial rites and make it befitting. You owe her that. You wouldn't want to remember how you handled it and have regrets.

My prayers are with you.
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by Ningen(m): 11:35pm On Jul 14, 2020
I don't know what to say. cry

Be strong dear.
Your mum is surely watching over you.

You'll meet again.
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by RealEzee(m): 12:01am On Jul 15, 2020
I'm short for words sad

Dear she will always been part of you, take heart, she's watching you over still.
As per reunion, yeah y'all will.
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by QuinieR(f): 12:30am On Jul 15, 2020
So sorry dear cry
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 15, 2020
Sorry for your loss

Made me remember the morning I got the news that My mum just passed away. I cried everyday and still crying till this day.

You will have to move on, stay strong and may the lord comfort you.

1 Like

Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by mcdreeezy: 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2020
I'm sorry for your loss �
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2020
darkgoddes:

Sometimes it feels as if it did not happen. Sometimes you still see their face, remember their favourite chair, their favourite lines, their favourite food etc

Most times you realise you have talked a lot about them every past week. Sometimes you wish you spent more time with them, sometimes you wish you were there before they died. Sometimes you wish you could see them again and treat them differently. Sometimes you cry and you don't wanna stop cos it hurts. Sometimes you wish they'd hug you. Sometimes you wish you can't go on without them etc.

Wherever she is, she'd want you to live on and become a better version of herself. She'd give you words of encouragement and tell you to go out there and live again. Change your life for the better and be happy. If she were still alive she'd have loved you to get married, have kids, live happily and help others in need.

Truth is she is gone and we have to accept the things we cannot change. We did our best while they existed. We did all we could to make them smile and we can't stop now. For if we give in to misery, guilt and grief...we will never recover. They have lived their lives and they raised you to make them proud. Now wipe your tears cos you are gonna be alright. Go out there and be what they wanted you to be.

PS: I lost my dad a few months ago and I've never been the same since but all I know is I must stay strong and make sure the family is good. And become the best version of myself i can be. We all came for a purpose in life and when that purpose is done, we all go. Only God knows the true purpose. You will be good trust me. I am here if you ever need someone to talk to.

May God help you through it and may he help you regain your happiness and strength. You were born to be somebody and hell yeah...you will!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by Vikkioshio(f): 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2020
My condolences... May God give you the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by doremi123(f): 2:46pm On Jul 15, 2020
So sorry sis. No adjective can quantify the pain of losing a mother but you'll be fine.
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 15, 2020
sorry dear,may almighty God comfort you.Please don't reply any dm,they just want to take advantage of your situation

1 Like

Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by Amopeekun(f): 7:36pm On Jul 15, 2020
May God give you the strength dear. So sorry for the loss
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2020
so sorry for your loss.accept our condolences
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by Nmezor(f): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2020
Do take heart dear n may her soul rest on
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by poshestmina(f): 12:10am On Jul 16, 2020
cry cry cry cry cry
I want to give you a hug.

You'll be fine.
The pain just doesn't go away ,you'll gradually learn to live with you.

I have friends who lost their mothers years ago and they still cry every now and then.

Be consoled in the Holy spirit.

God will direct people that will genuinely love and care for you .

My condolences!.
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by darkgoddes(f): 7:09am On Jul 17, 2020
Thank you all so much.
Finally summon the courage to start the funeral arrangement.
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by frozen70(f): 10:25am On Jul 17, 2020
darkgoddes:

Pls accept her death and wish her a happy rest

You have to be strong and she will not be happy seeing you in pains

Be courageous and thank God for giving you such a wonderful mother and also pray for you to live longer than her so that your children will enjoy you more
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by JOACHINpedro: 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
Chai! cry
Pls be strong dear.
Accept my humble condolences
Re: Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain by darkgoddes(f): 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
Just here staring into space and filled with thoughts of her. Oh! how i miss that woman so damn much.

Mothers are precious but mine is the rarest of gems.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Clearance Sales / The Inspirational Story Of Tyler Perry-a Lesson On Forgiveness / Maid Beats 2 Year Old Mercilessly In Uganda [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.