Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly (57618 Views)

Highest Paid MD/CEOs In Nigeria In 2021 (Photos) / Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria / Nigeria’s Top 10 Highest-earning Ceos Received N3.5bn In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Femeto: 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2020
Wetin I go earn like this?
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by ModestGal(f): 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2020
NewDelhi:

You can get there bro. Stop wasting your precious time on nairaland and focus on better things in life rather than arguing whether God exists or not in the religious section.
Pele, you nko, where you dey waste yours?
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by amah4game: 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2020
1.5m p/d
Baba God,
Hear my prayer,
Pls pick my call.
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by blowjohn(m): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2020
Yet they wont employ more people but will rather lay off staff.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by ThierryJay: 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2020
Forget those figures o. What the OP posted is just the salary component of their total income. These guys' total annual earnings/income are typically over a billion Naira each year, when you bring in other Gbemu such as bonuses, incentives and investment income (dividends) into the equation.

Many CEOs of top private multinationals also earn up to N500 - 800 million each year. However this typically includes all the perks and bonuses etc.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by OJURONGBE1(m): 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2020
muykem:
Many CEO earn far above that. In fact I know an executive director of a bank who pocketed 525 million as profit sharing in 2019. The workers in the same Bank are worst than slave.

Is it true that banks pay their E A up to 300k profit sharing bonus last year December ?
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by muykem: 8:35pm On Jul 14, 2020
Dalil8:

Tell us another lie pls.
It seems like lie to you but God knows that I am telling you Frank truth. You can not see far more than your eyes.
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Olichoke: 8:35pm On Jul 14, 2020
Jacktheripper:
Hushpuppi will buy all these ones in 2 seconds.
Just like he bought himself a prison

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Amotekun777: 8:35pm On Jul 14, 2020
These salaries are nothing compared to what 9ja Politicians dey steal on a monthly basis. angry
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by einsteine(m): 8:42pm On Jul 14, 2020
Dalil8:

You mean he earned close to 10% of the bank's annual profit?

That's a big fat lie

Which bank makes only 5 billion a year? Are you in the country at all?

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Hallabee1(m): 8:42pm On Jul 14, 2020
Jacktheripper:

That's not how it works.
Dangote wealth is tied to his shares in the company.
So his salary may not be more than 1M per month.
Even some top billionaires are on $1 salary
Bezos - richest man on earth - his salary is $80k per annum.
So you're a billionaire doesn't mean you're the highest paid.
I hope you grabbed?
love your break down ....�
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by soleexx(m): 8:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
Gforce2015:
My name is not part of the list, so it is a fake list...
Pls no beefing.....

You close!
Be good
Make things right
Make other people happy with your litte
It will come soon
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by skyfather09(m): 8:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
philip0906:

Odé...I can imagine you spilling this gibberish to the illiterates around you
you see this fuu... don't you know sarcasm when you see one... useless thing cum dey quote me.
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Hallabee1(m): 8:51pm On Jul 14, 2020
nomshu:
Ooooh Gasssh see money. Man need to work hard oooooooooh

no be by hard work bro, is by wisdom ,money was created by man all we need is the wisdom to know what we will do to make the money...

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 14, 2020
Jacktheripper:

Yes o...but there is one difference between them and hushpuppi
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Gerrard59(m): 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2020
INSTANTCASH345:
The figures are just guess work.

Weldon bloggers for bringing up new lies.

The data is from the Nigerian Stock Exchange. No be everything be lie.

@Topic: Can we say that these men are slaves for being employees? Are they throwing their dreams by being salaried employees? There are levels to "entrepreneurship" and being a "salaried staff".
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Gerrard59(m): 9:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
Yankee101:
That's less than 2m$

US CEOs make up to 50m$ and more in stock options

Elon Musk made 513m$

Different sizes of economies. You should compare Nigeria to Indonesia or South Africa not the US. Humongous salaries for CEOs exists only in the US because in comparable economies, CEOs don't earn huge salaries like their US counterparts. How many Japanese, Swiss, Chinese, German, Italian etc. CEOs earn as much as their American counterparts?
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Gerrard59(m): 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Convert it first to dollars & pounds, u will weep at how low our naira keeps plunging

A quick conversion showed that 440M naira gives 120M yen and I am telling you for free that most CEOs of Japan's biggest companies don't earn up to that amount (1.1M$). Meanwhile, Japan is the third largest economy in the world. These Nigerian CEOs make their money and their companies generate revenues in Nigeria, why the misguided comparison?

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Gerrard59(m): 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2020
RTSC:
Seplat and NLNG.

I would pick them over most MNCs in Nigeria.

NLNG paid someone 20 million naira as bonus as a newly employed..
Someone earning 150,000 per month before in his old job.

I heard that the guy nearly ran mad.

Bachelor for that matter.

When I write that there are levels to entrepreneurship and earning salaries, people relying on less than 100K profit will come and be yapping start a business yada yada. I can imagine how the dude felt, so surreal! grin
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Gerrard59(m): 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2020
fairfora:
This is nothing when converted to dollars. We should rate them by their earnings in USD and not in naira.

When the firms they manage start generating revenues in dollars, yes. Until then, it is logical to rate them in the currency the firms generate revenues.

Gerrard59:

A quick conversion showed that 440M naira gives 120M yen and I am telling you for free that most CEOs of Japan's biggest companies don't earn up to that amount (1.1M$). Meanwhile, Japan is the third largest economy in the world. These Nigerian CEOs make their money and their companies generate revenues in Nigeria, why the misguided comparison?
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Vick4rill(m): 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2020
vanity upon vanity!!
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by MrEgghead(m): 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2020
obonujoker:
The Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of every company shoulder the responsibility of taking the organisations to their desired heights. They take the glory when they achieve success and also take the blame when things are not working as expected. What these CEOs earn yearly is, therefore, commensurate with their hard work. Courtesy of Nairametrics, Legit.ng brings you top five highest-earning CEOs in Nigeria. The list focuses on what these CEOs earned in 2019.

PAY ATTENTION:

1. Ferdinand Moolman, MTN Nigeria
Ferdinand Moolman is the chief executive officer of MTN Nigeria Communications Plc, and he earned N586 million in 2019.

2. Austin Avuru, Seplat
Augustine Avuru is the co-founder and CEO of Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc. In 2019, Avuru earned N440 million.

3. Segun Agbaje, GTBank
Segun Agbaje is the CEO of Guaranty Trust Bank, and he earned N400 million in 2019. This shows an increase of N16 million from his N384 million remuneration in 2018.

4. Yaw Nsarkoh, formerly with Unilever Nigeria Plc Yaw Nsarkoh, who resigned from his position as managing director of Unilever Nigeria Plc in December 2019, earned N303 million in the year under review. He was succeeded by Carl Raymond Cruz in January 2020.

5. Michel Puchercos, formerly with Lafarge Africa Plc Michel Puchercos earned N272 million in 2019 when he was still the CEO of Lafarge Africa Plc. Puchercos resigned from Lafarge in January 2020 to join competitor brand, Dangote Cement Plc.

https://www.legit.ng/1347015-top-5-highest-earning-ceos-nigeria-receive-n272m-n586-million-yearly.html?fbclid=IwAR2Y7jqrFGdSQ4q4zCf3HkLXALV9X-l9CxeMbfolfACel_O87KHeciCSgmk
I wonder how people believe all these social media lies...
So you mean they earn 1M daily? Funny lies indeed!
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:32pm On Jul 14, 2020
Gerrard59:

i am not disputing the fact that these are fantastic massive packages by Nigerian standard, but somebody in America or UK might not see it that way.
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by phazotron(m): 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2020
This guy forgot CEO of zenith and access bank. He also forgot sola David borha too

Na for banking industry u go see the real meaning of life no balance.

Those eds no dey do much yet na them dey carry all the money chop

Yet soldiers Wey dey push under rain and sun dey collect peanut

God is a righteous and just God.
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Gerrard59(m): 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
i am not disputing the fact that these are fantastic massive packages by Nigerian standard, but somebody in America or UK might not see it that way

Then the person missed economics classes in his/her elementary school days. What is the size of the Nigerian economy compared to the US or UK? Does the person check how much Chinese and Japanese CEOs earn even with its trillion dollar economies?
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Bornfool(m): 9:37pm On Jul 14, 2020
Jacktheripper:

That's not how it works.

Dangote wealth is tied to his shares in the company.

So his salary may not be more than 1M per month.

Even some top billionaires are on $1 salary

Bezos - richest man on earth - his salary is $80k per annum.

So you're a billionaire doesn't mean you're the highest paid.

I hope you grabbed?

Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Mrlouis: 9:41pm On Jul 14, 2020
NewDelhi:

You can get there bro. Stop wasting your precious time on nairaland and focus on better things in life rather than arguing whether God exists or not in the religious section.

Don't waste your time bro. He will continue to stink of poverty and problems. Lemme see which God will save him. Wether it's that same one he despises all the time.
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by phazotron(m): 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
INSTANTCASH345:
The figures are just guess work.

Weldon bloggers for bringing up new lies.

Bros those figures could be underestimated o

We never count the value of them shares and the other ijekuje dem dey collect
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2020
sweerychick:
Dangote nko
When counting the richest people, you don't include legends.
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Temysteve(m): 9:50pm On Jul 14, 2020
thesicilian:
This life no balance o
how he go take balance, u don work reach their level??
Re: Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly by Temysteve(m): 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2020
Jacktheripper:
make he go buy dem inside prison nah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have N40k , Which Business Can I Do? / Man Punishes GTB For Deducting N275 From His Account / Young Man Shades FCMB On Twitter, Bank Replies With Epic Clap Back. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.