Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Like Most People Here I Never Believed Ghost Stories Till This Happened To Me - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Like Most People Here I Never Believed Ghost Stories Till This Happened To Me (467 Views)

New: Can't Believe Most People Aren't Aware Of This! / Plus-size Lady Destroys The Dance Floor, After This Happened (See Reactions) / Man Drinks 4 Bottles Of Beer At A Burial, Then This Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Like Most People Here I Never Believed Ghost Stories Till This Happened To Me by valETA1(m): 6:49pm On Jul 14, 2020
I have consistently read about superstitious news here on nairaland which someone people finds it very difficult to believe. Well I have to agree I was one of them. I wasn't an easy nut to crack, towards believing these stories not until something happened which till date I can't be myself. I've come to know that Life is made up of imaginable and unimaginable things. So as human, we are made to acclimatize to the things we see and feel, things which makes up our ecosystem. These things we see and feel gives us the believe, thanks to the fact that they are there and can attest to their existence.

While trying to coexist with these things we see, we struggle with the believe of the unimaginable or should I say, the unseen, until we one way or the other experience and get exposed to the reality of them. I guess nature said it was time I have a fair share of the ghost stories I've for many times heard of, while struggling to believe. Guess what came my way ? a wraith!.

For the purpose of clarity, before I proceed, let me brief you on what a wraith could be like. Have you ever heard of stories of someone dead, while its ghost , some call it apparition or specter and numerous names, leaves the body of the dead instantly ?.

It was barely 3 days to my POP, which began on Thursday 28th of May while at Mangu L.G.A of Plateau State, as a member of batch B I 2019. On the 25th of May to be precise, just like any other day, I dashed out to a desolated and severely deserted Jos-Pankshin road, which was only occupied by front line workers, making up of NCDC officials, Policemen and Vigilantes on duty of enforcing lockdown guidelines. Heading towards the ATM with the permission from the officials with a rather ridiculous but laughable excuse of about dying of hunger with an acute stomach ulcer, with no where to run to, so thus the reason I needed to use the ATM. After minutes of unsuccessful transfer due to lack of cash in the machine, on my way home, I saw something rather unbelievable at that point and place.

It was my aunty, she was waving uncontrollably at me while still moving, this was the hardest minutes I've ever experienced in my life. I was stacked in between making movement and screaming as a normal nephew would on sighting his aunty at a really unbelievable place. Drawn with goosebumps all over me, with an unimaginable level of curiosity, that I didn't know how to wave back. My brain almost left me, while brainstorming on how, and when my aunty came to the Plateau, and of all places Mangu, under interstate travel ban, and for what purpose could she have come for. Before I gained a snap of consciousness my aunty was still waving, but now at a distance, I immediately and hurriedly tried raising both my voice and hands while crossing the road, I lost sight of her, due to the fact that there was an adjoining street(a branch) close to where she was at, I thought she may have branched. I then ran to the street, without seeing my aunty any further, with an empty stomach, at this point I felt strength, just like a satisfied person after eating. All alone I sat on an half fence along the street, fiddling with my phone, trying to reach my Aunty's line but was switched off. At this point I thought to myself, cool, my aunty was in Mangu after all, maybe she was rushing somewhere and wasn't chanced to let me at least meet her, after all it'll be matter of time I will call her, speak and get to meet her. Then came a bombshell of a news at about past 6pm, my mum called crying on phone that her sister is gone, I mean dead.

Please as you are reading this, clear your doubt that perhaps I may have seen my aunty's similar, as there's no way I could have seen her semblance while the said semblance waves and smiles at me without knowing her. You know, death news usually do not come as a shock to men, or anything masculine in nature, even if it does, it won't come to the extent of panic, but of the truth, this is the reason I'm using a cracked screen phone, you know what that means.

I hurriedly asked my mom unknowingly, which of the hospital in Mangu, as if my mom have ever heard about Mangu apart from the day I was posted, let alone knowing. After all interactions with my mom, people of God, my aunty died at 11am and there about same day, this also happened to be the same time/period I saw her in Mangu, without knowing it was her way of saying good bye.

The question now is, of every one in both her nuclear and extended family, why did she came my way, and what could this mean because till date, each time I think about it, I can't decipher between fear and being afraid.
Re: Like Most People Here I Never Believed Ghost Stories Till This Happened To Me by ELibraryNG: 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2020
Hmmm.

Truth is, someone kids forming awoke won't believe you. Your story may or may not be true BUT SUCH THING YOU NARRATED IS REAL.
Re: Like Most People Here I Never Believed Ghost Stories Till This Happened To Me by UndauntedYOCA(f): 7:20pm On Jul 14, 2020
Maybe you both were fond of each other while she still lived.
My brother. and stepsister experienced something similar not knowing my dad was dead already.
I also felt his presence in form of a heavy downpour, I went out to check if it was raining but guess what, it wasn't! It was a sign that I had lost my precious dad, the one who meant the world to me.
My uncle told me my dad once visited him and pleaded with him to ensure that I and my brother gt educated!
How do you also explain a man who was called by my dad (who had died two weeks earlier but he had no knowledge of it) and was told to ensure he helped secure his land (dad sternly warned him thrice that nothing must happen to his land, in his words "nkankan o gbodo shey ile mi ooooo" thrice) and after he had ended the call, a mutual friend called this man and when he told that one that he had just spoken to my dad, that one exclaimed and asked "which Mr ....? Lol, so he said the same man whom they both knew and who worked at Court of Appeal, lol. It was that friend who informed the man that he had spoken to a ghost, someone who had died some days earlier lol.
My stepmum also told us a very story.
So, she and her parents were still living in Ghana and Mr A comes visiting, apparently to stay for both Christmas and new year and then he proceeds to gist them about how he had witnessed an accident where people had lost their lives and how he felt sorry for the dead, their families and friends lol. After having spent Christmas, he suddenly woke up one morning, packed his bags and despite pleas from my step mum's family, left without looking back oooo. Upon his departure, a visitor comes and they tell him Mr A had just left, that one screams and informs them that Mr A had died in a ghastly accident! Lol, some years back or something.
My friend witnessed one back then in secondary school. So, she heard a man screaming "iro ni, a Jo m'oti l'ana ni, o de fun mi ni owo gan sef (it's a lie, we had both drunk beer yesterday and had also gotten some money from him sef)" lol, well, so the late man's family had just informed Mr Rasheed (not real name) of the death of their father some 10 years back. Meanwhile, Mr rasheed had had a drink with the late man and had received some cash from him as well. Lol. It was so funny, still is.
A lot happen and I believe the dead do visit the living sometimes. If not, how do you explain these?
Re: Like Most People Here I Never Believed Ghost Stories Till This Happened To Me by Georgekyrian(m): 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
Sipping a bottle of life to read the story
Re: Like Most People Here I Never Believed Ghost Stories Till This Happened To Me by valETA1(m): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2020
ELibraryNG:
Hmmm.

Truth is, someone kids forming awoke won't believe you. Your story may or may not be true BUT SUCH THING YOU NARRATED IS REAL.

Just the very same way I'd never believed them. This is the same reason I've not told any of her family members for fear of being tagged "mad"
Re: Like Most People Here I Never Believed Ghost Stories Till This Happened To Me by valETA1(m): 7:51am On Jul 15, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
Maybe you both were fond of each other while she still lived.

This the same thing my mum said, as she's the only one who believed me.

(1) (Reply)

The Next Big Thing / This Lady Killed In Benue At Xmas Carnival Attended By Davido, Zlatan, Teni, Oth / Event planning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.