Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

When UK Schools Will Open And How They Will Run - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When UK Schools Will Open And How They Will Run (642 Views)

UK Schools Teach Kids LGBT, To Masturbate For Homework & Have Anal Sex(Pictures) / Do You Think Schools Will Resume Fully This Year? / Drama You Will See As Schools Will Resume On Monday (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When UK Schools Will Open And How They Will Run by bettermike: 11:49pm On Jul 14, 2020
Coronavirus: When will schools reopen?

When schools reopen fully in England in September, the government wants teachers to keep classes or whole year groups apart in separate "bubbles".

Who will be expected to go back?

Nearly all children of legal school age will be expected to return to class full-time in September to "start to reverse the enormous costs of missed education".

This includes those with special educational needs and disabilities, or who have been shielding during the pandemic.

Do I have to send my child back?

Attendance will be mandatory again from the beginning of the autumn term.

Head teachers will be told to follow up pupils' absence and issue sanctions, including fines in some cases.

How will the school day work?

Schools will be asked to return "to a broad and balanced curriculum," Education Secretary Gavin Williamson told the Commons.

They will be asked to minimise the number of contacts each pupil has during the day, by keeping classes or whole year groups apart in separate "protective bubbles" rather than practising individual social distancing.

Schools must:

have strict hand-washing policies
promote the "catch it, bin it, kill it" approach when it comes to coughing and sneezing
step up cleaning arrangements
be ready to contact NHS Test and Trace
The government expects school kitchens to be open from September.

What else does the government say?

Pupils should wear uniform as normal
Pupils should bring only essentials to school - including lunch boxes, books, stationery and mobile phones
Pupils and teachers can take books and other shared resources home, but must avoid unnecessary sharing
Non-contact physical education can take place - outside if possible - with "scrupulous attention" to cleaning and hygiene
GCSE and A-level students not happy with the calculated grades awarded this summer can resit in the autumn
GCSEs and A-levels will take place in summer 2021 but with adaptations to ensure fairness
Primary school assessments will happen as normal next summer
Ofsted inspections will remain suspended for the autumn term - but schools may be visited to assess how the new arrangements are working

https://www.bbc.com/news/education-51643556
Re: When UK Schools Will Open And How They Will Run by bettermike: 11:54pm On Jul 14, 2020
Summary:

Schools will resume in England in September 2020.

Attendance is compulsory

Students are to wear uniforms.

Classes will not interact with other classes

Head teachers should sanction students that refuse to attend school

Government would visit schools regularly to assess their level of compliance.

I hope our government can take a cue from this.

2 Likes

Re: When UK Schools Will Open And How They Will Run by XXXXTENTACION: 12:05am On Jul 15, 2020
but in naija one aboki minister whose children are probably schooling abroad wants to close till 2021
undecided

¿ cool %

2 Likes

Re: When UK Schools Will Open And How They Will Run by JERRYxed12: 4:43am On Jul 15, 2020
federal government will never show interest with things that will not bring money to them. if it was oild refining that they want to shot downfor a yearu would av seen how federal government acting .....but since it is. it them they will show less consene.... Nigeria should learn

2 Likes

Re: When UK Schools Will Open And How They Will Run by bettermike: 7:25am On Jul 15, 2020
JERRYxed12:
federal government will never show interest with things that will not bring money to them. if it was oild refining that they want to shot downfor a yearu would av seen how federal government acting .....but since it is. it them they will show less consene.... Nigeria should learn

I am personally learning fast. My voters card in my thoughts right now.

I also expect private business owners to have a rethink when it comes to electing Lagos governor in the next election.

A governor that secretly pays civil servants and gladly ignores private business owners and their workers.

I hope those civil servant votes alone will be enough to bring him back next time.

Lagosians are definitely taking notes.
Re: When UK Schools Will Open And How They Will Run by cherishmichael: 9:17am On Jul 15, 2020
lipsrsealed nigerian government cant do this qp
Re: When UK Schools Will Open And How They Will Run by PapaNnamdi: 4:01pm On Jul 15, 2020
Nigerian govt is not interested in reopening of schools because they do not want to spend money puting measures in place to control the scamdemic that is originally a scam, why waste money

but if it is to build 50 seater isolation center of 20billion naira that will serve for 3months all State govt for don carry shovel

awon oloshee

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Those That Applied For Shell Scholarship / ASUU Latest News On School Resumption Date 2021 As Covid-19 Second Wave Arises / Osun State Nysc Ppa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.