Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,114 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide (20843 Views)

Why Osinbajo chartered private chopper for Kabba trip – Investigation / Why Osinbajo Is More Active Than Buhari / Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by okefrancis: 6:25am On Jul 15, 2020
Laolu Akande, Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, says his principal has become a political target because of the position he holds as the next man to the President Muhammadu Buhari.

The spokesperson said his boss is not thinking about any 2023 ambition but remained focus on supporting President Buhari in delivering the goals of his government.

Akande, who spoke on Monday night during an Instagram Live Chat with Dele Momodu of Ovation Magazine, said the vice president would not be distracted by ‘false’ reports and ‘lies’ circulating in the media of late.

According to him, people with despicable agendas are trying to smear the person of the vice president with ridiculous stories.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that a blogger, Jackson Ude, accused Osinbajo of collecting N4bn from the suspended acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, who is being probed by a Presidential panel.

Osinbajo, however, denied the allegations levelled against him and asked the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, to probe the United States-based publisher of the online medium, Pointblank News, with a view to prosecuting him for criminal defamation.

Ude also claimed the vice-president’s daughter, Kiki, owned a property on Durban Street, Wuse 2, Abuja which he said worth N800m but Kiki dismissed the claim as false while Ayuba Musa, the landlord of the property housing her GLAM’D Africa, also dismissed the claim as untrue.

Speaking on these claims and many more on Monday night, Akande said, “It is ridiculous and incredible some of the types of stories that are out there. What I have found out is that being the vice-president and being a very active vice-president that understands how to connect with the people, that rising profile itself, in a political atmosphere that is extremely murky, I think those who have all kinds of unscrupulous ideas, people with despicable agenda have reasons to try to smear the person that is holding that office.

“Like I said, because of the position that he holds, next to the President and because of all the kinds of imaginations that people have to think about him, I think, up to a point, he has become a kind of a political target.”

When asked whether the so-called attacks are to hack down any ambition the vice president has in 2023, the aide said, “Personally, I don’t have a doubt in my mind that there are people who have political objectives who might consider him (Osinbajo) a threat. But what I like to tell Nigerians is, I’m his spokesperson and all I know he wants to do is to do this job that he has been given very well and he doesn’t have any other plans right now about any such thing. I can tell you that clearly.

“He has said to me several times, see Laolu, this is not a monarchy, we are going to be here for four or at best eight years, let’s just focus and do the work so that when we are gone, people will say we did this and that. So, he is entirely consumed with the job. I’m his spokesperson and we have not talked about what he is going to do in 2023. What’s the point?”

The spokesperson noted that the objective of the ‘fake news’ is to cause confusion and distraction but his principal would remain unfazed.

“Part of the objectives of some of these attacks is to distract him. But he will not be distracted. The goal is to bring confusion but he is not distracted.

“The vice president is not talking to anybody about 2023. He is not thinking about it. He is focused on the job that the president has handed over to him and he just wants to support the president to deliver his goals,” he added.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/why-osinbajo-has-become-a-political-target-aide/%3famp=1

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 15, 2020
Osinbajo has lost every form of credence to speak for nigerians.

He should remain silent as usual.....in sane society osinbajo should have stepped aside.

But due to the culture of our son is a thief, he is our thief...let him be.....they have placed ethnic interest above national interest.

85 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Heavensent01(m): 6:31am On Jul 15, 2020
booking the space for those shout yeast rubbish

I dey wait una

it seems there is reward for being hateful in Igbo land. it's very hard to separate sane and insane and separate believers and unbelievers in that land

they'll need psychological cleansing. hate and envy is a big threat to health, all Igbo should take note

5 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Naturopathic: 6:31am On Jul 15, 2020
Osagyefo98:

He should remain silent as usual.....in sane society osinbajo should have stepped aside.

But due to the culture of our son is a thief, he is our thief...let him be.....they have placed ethnic interest above national interest.
in fact, I don't know the problem of these IPOB guys because they haven't seen anything positive in this administration

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Naturopathic: 6:33am On Jul 15, 2020
The focus of VP osinbajo for now is how to tackle the economy challenges facing our country and when time he will decide, thanks

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 15, 2020
Naturopathic:

in fact, I don't know the problem of these IPOB guys because they haven't seen anything positive in this administration

The issue is all about osinbajos' indicttment and funds missing under him and funds traced to him and his colonies.

He is not there for nigerians but for his self interest.

36 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by hisgrace090: 6:34am On Jul 15, 2020
Today Nigeria is being managed by extreme desperate men and women who can go to any length to achieve their target.

My respect to osinbajo remains intact.

11 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by donstan18: 6:34am On Jul 15, 2020
It's something to be a smart and loyal supportive Vice President, and it's another thing to be a slave and worshipper of the president because you have no choice to avoid being probed and bundled to oblivion.

In this case, the latter is at play and shouldn't be misconstrued to be the former.

He's choiceless and voiceless in that office.

18 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by realstars: 6:39am On Jul 15, 2020
They Want To Breck His Wings.

4 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Golan007: 6:44am On Jul 15, 2020
[s]
Osagyefo98:

[/s]

Sharap.

Name one VP that has been more effective in the history of Nigeria.

I'm talking from Ekwueme to Atiku to Jonathan and Sambo.

Jumping from thread to thread sets your type as one who truly has an agenda.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by loopman: 6:46am On Jul 15, 2020
Osagyefo98:
[s]Osinbajo has lost every form of credence to speak for nigerians.

But due to the culture of our son is a thief, he is our thief...let him be.....they have placed ethnic interest above national interest.[/s]

It’s too early to be senseless.

He would accused must bring prove. That is the maxim.

Bring Jackson Ude to Nigeria to show us his proof

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Iamgrey5(m): 6:46am On Jul 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

The issue is all about osinbajos' indicttment and funds missing under him and funds traced to him and his colonies.

He is not there for nigerians but for his self interest.
You mean the allegations made by PDP outcast like Timi Frank and Jackson Ube in Dubai and America?

Or an investigation that actually traced any fund to him?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by helinues: 6:47am On Jul 15, 2020
Bad Belle is allowed

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by IKUBABAYEYE001: 6:47am On Jul 15, 2020
Osagyefo98:

What do you expect him to do? Engage his Boss in a shouting match? Or you expect him to be confrontational like your paymaster Atiku did to OBJ? What exactly do people like you know about Governance.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by loopman: 6:47am On Jul 15, 2020
donstan18:
It's something to be a smart and loyal supportive Vice President, and it's another thing to be a slave and worshipper of the president because you have no choice to avoid being probed and bundled to oblivion.

In this case, the latter is at play and shouldn't be misconstrued to be the former.

The same role PeteObi and all Ibos are begging for

Try another rubbish

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Iamgrey5(m): 6:47am On Jul 15, 2020
donstan18:

@ emboldened

And you know this how?

Are you a member of the administration?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 15, 2020
Iamgrey5:
You mean the allegations made by PDP outcast like Timi Frank and Jackson Ube in Dubai and America?

Or an investigation that actually traced any fund to him?

Let him resign and submit himself for probe.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Iamgrey5(m): 6:54am On Jul 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

People only resign when there's an indictment not when any random person makes an allegation they can't substantiate.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Golan007: 6:55am On Jul 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You mean I just sit in my room, write anything that pops into my head and expect the VP to resign on that basis?

You got sawdust for brains?

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by helinues: 6:56am On Jul 15, 2020
IKUBABAYEYE001:

What do you expect him to do? Engage his Boss in a shouting match? Or you expect him to be confrontational like your paymaster Atiku did to OBJ? What exactly do people like you know about Governance.

They know and Sabi the saboteur part of the governance.

They come online everyday with the hope of reading anything bad related to Hausa, Yoruba or Apc members...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by helinues: 6:58am On Jul 15, 2020
Golan007:

You mean I just sit in my room, write anything that pops into my head and expect the VP to resign on that basis?

You got sawdust for brains?

Wait, you no Sabi the guy?

Take him serious at your own peril.

The guy that wouldn't mind to go against the majority just to seek irrelevant attention.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 15, 2020
Iamgrey5:
People only resign when there's an indictment not when any random person makes an allegations they can't substantiate.

It has been substantiated but Vp will resort to use machineries of state to intimidate them and the press.

Secondly, iamgrey5 I don't have your time, I am not the only moniker currently commenting...look for others and follow them up let me concentate.

Biko avoid me...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 15, 2020
helinues:

Wait, you no Sabi the guy?

Take him serious at your own peril.

The guy that wouldn't mind to go against majority just to seek irrelevant attention.

Are you not tired of campaign of calumny?

You keep repeating same statement nearly all the time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Golan007: 7:05am On Jul 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

It has been substantiated but Vp will resort to use machineries of state to intimidate them and the press.

Secondly, iamgrey5 I don't have your time, I am not the only moniker currently commenting...look for others and follow them up let me concentate.

Biko avoid me...

People have said you are merely an attention seeker.

I think to prove yourself stop commenting until we carry out an investigation.

12 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 15, 2020
Golan007:

People have said you are merely an attention seeker.

I think to prove yourself stop commenting until we carry out an investigation.

Those afraid of critical truth always comes up with excuses as attention....funny

Over 5 hefty allegations and osinbajo alway resort to use of force to silence them instead of submitting himself for probe.

He is trapped and goinng down.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by ybalogs(m): 7:10am On Jul 15, 2020
*please call your Children's private school teachers, get their bank details and send something to them, no amount is too small, even if it's #1,000.*
*Sincerely, most of them are going through a very hard, tough and depressing time!*

*Food stuff too wouldn't be a bad idea*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by helinues: 7:10am On Jul 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Are you not tired of campaign of calumny?

You keep repeating same statement nearly all the time.

Yeah, so that innocent people won't waste their time engaging with you . Seeking irrelevant attention even when not necessary

I guess you are feeling the beat ooooooooo.. grin grin angry

7 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 15, 2020
Naturopathic:

Osibanjo is the only positive thing about this administration.

8 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 15, 2020
helinues:

Yeah, so that innocent people won't waste their time engaging with you . Seeking irrelevant attention even when not necessary

I guess you are feeling the beat ooooooooo.. grin grin angry

Not only beat but studio...

In my characteristic manner, I should have ignored you but I need put into you that you are sounding off record.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Become A Political Target – Aide by helinues: 7:20am On Jul 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Not only beat but studio...

In my characteristic manner, I should have ignored you but I need put into you that you are sounding off record.

Heh, Heh, when sometimes me dey wonder why some people no dey get shame..

Since when have I been avoiding you? How many times have I warned you to stop quoting me?

So which pangolo record are you setting..

Another form of attention seeking?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Awards Cristiano Ronaldo $300k As Compensation Over False Rape Case (Pix) / Mark Gbillah Responds To Sex Scandal Allegations / "Two South-East Governors To Join APC" – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.