Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,966 members, 7,956,618 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:28 PM

Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History (1696 Views)

Never Trust A Mechanic, My Experience With A Close One / No Matter The State Or Country, Never Trust A Mechanic To Change Your Oil Unsupe / The History And Evolution Of Honda Civic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 1:22pm On Jul 20, 2020
To back up my topic, fraud are still done abroad, a ViN may not tell you the full story, but it'll surely help you to a great extent.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by jabolo(m): 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2020
promotervickky:
To back up my topic, fraud are still done abroad, a ViN may not tell you the full story, but it'll surely help you to a great extent.

Thank you very much. You have answered my question.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by thebigkendo(m): 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2020
jabolo:

This is actually a legitimate question but why couched in such blatant disrespect? Was it really necessary, unless I'm missing some previous history (pardon the pun) between you guys?

OP, if you don't mind, please answer the question. Feel free to admit any shortcomings as well. Most here just want to learn.

No disrespect sir, I was just stating the obvious.. he was speaking in the rubbish grin grin grin

HeavenlyBang has also confirmed he spoke in the rubbish

HeavenlyBang:

You're making zero sense.

Any VIN report you get is based on information reported to the insurance company and DMV. A car can be accidented or flooded and would still show as clean title without any history of such on its VIN report, as long as those incidents were not reported to the insurance.

Don't mislead people. VIN reports are great, but they're not at all the be-all-end-all for knowing a car's history.

Oh, and last time I checked, advertisements are banned on Cartalk. No one is trying to detract from your business, but let's all be guided.
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by thebigkendo(m): 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
promotervickky:

Please I refused to answer the question because he was talking out of point. If a car is flooded or accidented bfr and fixed, it will be noted as clean title if it was not involved in any other casualties during pre-import.

I checked a ViN for a supposed clean title 2012 camry last week, it had 2 accidents-1 in 2015, the other in 2016. Fast forward to 2019 sale date, it was noted as clean title!

The pre-import pics are with me.

The example you gave is not fraud sir.. The vehicle was involved in two minor accidents & they were reported, but the accidents were not severe to warrant a change in the vehicle title..

Clean title does not mean no accident..

A vehicle can have 5 accidents & still be clean title..
Another vehicle can have just 1 accident & have savage title..
It will depends on several factors like vehicle model, year of manufacture, insurance company, state laws, severity of damage etc

With the narrative you gave, you most probably discouraged the client from the vehicle(maybe a sweet deal self) because in you "expert" mind it was a fraud grin grin
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2020
thebigkendo:

The example you gave is not fraud sir.. The vehicle was involved in two minor accidents & they were reported, but the accidents were not severe to warrant a change in the vehicle title..

Clean title does not mean no accident..

A vehicle can have 5 accidents & still be clean title..
Another vehicle can have just 1 accident & have savage title..
It will depends on several factors like vehicle model, year of manufacture, insurance company, state laws, severity of damage etc

With the narrative you gave, you most probably discouraged the client from the vehicle(maybe a sweet deal self) because in you "expert" mind it was a fraud grin grin

To prove you wrong, we are paying for the vehicle by the end of this month
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by thebigkendo(m): 5:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
promotervickky:

To prove you wrong, we are paying for the vehicle by the end of this month

Please send my commission for the lesson grin grin

Prove me wrong??.. most probably was used...

Who knows.. Maybe after our discussion, went back to tell the client "accident" clean title is not bad deal.. He can go ahead with the purchase..

I will sha be expecting my commission by month end grin grin grin
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 10:41am On Jul 21, 2020
promotervickky:
It just occur to me that people, especially dealers have been making a mistake of buying a clean title which they claim is not accidented before import which is very true..........

But I like to shock you with this, all that glitters is not Gold!

A lot of People made the mistake of buying a clean title car without checking the history of it.

They are risks attached to buying a Clean title car without checking out the history of it.

What are the risks? Follow me down and see it!

What is a clean title?

A clean title is a car imported without any damage. A clean title is tagged a clean car before import, because it was not bought accidented.

Why am I so interested in this Topic? Follow me closely...........

It's because i have seen a lot of people who have bought a clean title Car, and intentionally refused to check out the ViN History all because it is a clean title!

Little did they know that they are putting themselves at risk.

What are these Risks?

#1. Buying a Clean title Car that had a flood damage.

#2. Buying a Clean title Car that had an accidental damage.

It is true that clean title cars is best to buy than a car that has been accidented because it has no dent before import, i totally agree with you!

But I love to let you know that a clean title car history should be checked, regardless if its clean or good looking.

Why?

#1. Flood takes place abroad than any other place in the world, and most of the car owners usually take their cars for repairs and continue using until export.

#2. A lot of Americans don't sell their cars at the auction just because it had an accident, they repair it and continue using it, and sell it off when they are tired of it.

What I mean is this: Many clean title cars have a previous accidental damage or flood damage, but repaired abroad and used until import to Nigeria!

How can I avoid this?

#1. It's very simple, run a ViNcheck on it to be on the safe side.

Please Note: This is not an advert post

Promotervickky, Lion King - Monk.

Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by promotervickky(m): 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
Read and be enlightened
Re: Don't Trust a Clean title, Check the History by BestTrades: 6:26am On Mar 08, 2023

To check vin of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification ..
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Very Neat Vento Glx For Sale At A Give Away Price / The Enhanced National Drivers License In Nigeria / How To Verify The Authenticity Of Nigerian Used Car Papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.