Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,589 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Xtians Should Learn To Speak Wisely - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Xtians Should Learn To Speak Wisely (541 Views)

God Has Ordained Orji Kalu To Speak For The Igbo –prophet / Gays Throw Excrement At Xtians And Wipe Their Anuses With Pages Of The Bible / What The Nigerian Atheist Who Was Declared Insane Shows About Xtians And Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Xtians Should Learn To Speak Wisely by yommyuk: 1:03am On Feb 05, 2011
The words that we utter have the power of life and death in them. The works we speak can contain the following: Lies, Arguments, Insults, Slander, Gossips, Rumors, Flattery and Bragging which can all be death-dealing. Foolish people speak foolish words. Words can reflect lies and deceit which can be harmful to those that hear it. Words reflect the condition of the heart. While someone might attempt to conceal an evil heart by using pleasant words, a person's true character will surface in the end. The words of fools not only harm others, but the words uttered will ultimately injure the one who speaks it. This is what St James had in mind when he said that the tongue is full of wickedness that can ruin your whole life (James 3:6)

In contrast, wise people speak the life-giving words represented by wisdom. Proverbs 8:7-9 "For I speak the truth and detest every kind of deception. My advice is wholesome. There is nothing devious or crooked in it. My words are plain to anyone with understanding, clear to those with knowledge."

As Christians, I implore that we use our words sparingly. Proverbs 17:28 "Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent; with their mouths shut, they seem intelligent.".

We should also know the right time to speak the right words.

Proverbs 15:23
"Everyone enjoys a fitting reply; It is wonderful to say the right thing at the right time"

We have to also realize that, at times, even "HARSH CRITICISM" is neccesary.

Proverbs 27:5
" An open rebuke is better than hidden love"

CONCLUSION

It is wise for a Christian to pay close attention both to what they say and to how and when they say it. Then can we live a peaceful and successful life in Jesus name.

God bless wink

(1) (Reply)

Separating The Qur'an From The Family (the Ahlul-bayt (as) / Christian Artistes Who Reference Allah In Their Music. / Christian Meditation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.