Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,462 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

List Of Programming Languages To Learn In This Year 2020 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / List Of Programming Languages To Learn In This Year 2020 (767 Views)

MTN Momo Hack: The Dangerous Aspect Of Programming No One Tells You About / The Top Highly Paid Programming Languages To Learn / Mathematics As Backbone Of Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Programming Languages To Learn In This Year 2020 by dhtml6(m): 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2020
Hey guys, long time no see guys. I have resurrected once again after a long time.

So you have chosen a career in programming and may be planning to get a good job in the future, well, here is what you require:

[Website Frontend]
- HTML, CSS, Javascript (beginners)
- REACT/VUE (for more advanced users)

[Website Backend]
- PHP/Python
- Django / Laravel / Symphony / MERVN

[Native Android]
- JAVA/KOTLIN : Android Studio

[Native IOS] - you must have a MAC
- Swift / XCODE

[Hybrid]
- Flutter
- React Native

I cannot be expected to list all the languages, I am just listing the common ones that you find on the job boards.

With the above, any of the job boards you happen to troll into, you are more than likely to get a job offer. You dont have to learn everything mind you.

5 Likes

Re: List Of Programming Languages To Learn In This Year 2020 by Coder2Client(m): 4:55pm On Jul 15, 2020
I think XCODE is just like android studio with MacBook /Apple

Swift/object C
native iOS
Re: List Of Programming Languages To Learn In This Year 2020 by dhtml6(m): 5:46pm On Jul 15, 2020
^^^ You are essentially correct. swift/objective c is just like kotlin/java. Both swift and kotlin have similar syntaxes.
Re: List Of Programming Languages To Learn In This Year 2020 by Xeeex: 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2020
Good post

I'm interested in front end and I will soon start learning it. I saw some job openings on stack overflow and they were paying well.

The good thing is that someone can learn in 6 months and go really far.

Which programmer are you?
Re: List Of Programming Languages To Learn In This Year 2020 by Anonime1105(m): 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2020
See who's back, Oga dhtml is back to nairaland.
I kind of missed your post since you deactivated your main account.

Sir what do you have to say to a newbie currently learning Java for web development, hoping to jump on spring framework after Java then JavaScript and it's Frameworks?

1 Like

Re: List Of Programming Languages To Learn In This Year 2020 by dhtml6(m): 10:50pm On Jul 15, 2020
Xeeex:
Good post

I'm interested in front end and I will soon start learning it. I saw some job openings on stack overflow and they were paying well.

The good thing is that someone can learn in 6 months and go really far.

Which programmer are you?
I am a programmer with many skills from:
- website development with php / node.js
- Native android development with JAVA/Android Studio with some Kotlin
- Native IOS development with XCODE/Swift with some objective c
- Retired from developing desktop applications
That pretty much sums up my skillsets. With a little extras here and there like IONIC e.t.c

Anonime1105:
See who's back, Oga dhtml is back to nairaland.
I kind of missed your post since you deactivated your main account.

Sir what do you have to say to a newbie currently learning Java for web development, hoping to jump on spring framework after Java then JavaScript and it's Frameworks?
Sure brother, where is that Seun Osewa sef, this is 2020. Make we settle our matter o.
Re: List Of Programming Languages To Learn In This Year 2020 by Anonime1105(m): 1:00am On Jul 16, 2020
dhtml6:

I am a programmer with many skills from:
- website development with php / node.js
- Native android development with JAVA/Android Studio with some Kotlin
- Native IOS development with XCODE/Swift with some objective c
- Retired from developing desktop applications
That pretty much sums up my skillsets. With a little extras here and there like IONIC e.t.c

Sure brother, where is that Seun Osewa sef, this is 2020. Make we settle our matter o.

Good to hear sir

But U missed this part of my post, I would appreciate a word sir

Re: List Of Programming Languages To Learn In This Year 2020 by dhtml6(m): 3:26am On Jul 16, 2020
I dont have a problem with that at all, it is very good and to be encouraged. The demand for such a skill is high so go ahead ahead and learn JAVA for web.
Re: List Of Programming Languages To Learn In This Year 2020 by Sososo(f): 9:22am On Jul 16, 2020
I really need to be up and doing in learning this.
Re: List Of Programming Languages To Learn In This Year 2020 by yusman14(m): 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2020
Pls I need your contact sir..I just started learning web development with python(back-end)... I sent a pm already.
Re: List Of Programming Languages To Learn In This Year 2020 by Roadyroadie: 4:25am On Dec 22, 2020
No JavaScript?

(1) (Reply)

Type Of Laptop He Needs / Analysis Of The Nairaland's Front Page Topics, Using Python And Tableau / How Much Will It Take Me To Develop An App Like Dreamily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.