Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' (4048 Views)

Free Live In Play Tips For Bet365 Users / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria / Serena And Venus Williams Live In Lagos, Meets Gov Fashola (pixs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by sunny4all(m): 9:10am On Jun 15, 2007
GERMAN Coach Berti Vogts has laughed off suggestions that he may soon move over to Nigeria permanently to tinker the Super Eagles and other national teams. The man who coaches Nigeria from abroad said that he would not live in Nigeria to do his job.

"I do my job in Europe because that is where most of Nigerian best players are based. I have nothing to do in Nigeria," he retorted to questions concerning his shuttle. He noted that staying abroad has paid off for him to establish strong relationship with some of the European clubs' Coaches where the Eagles are playing"

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/sports/june07/14062007/sp114062007.html

What do you guys think about this?
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by 9ja4eva: 9:26am On Jun 15, 2007
He should pack his things and go den

We dnt need quacks as coach
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by chuckdee4(m): 10:02am On Jun 15, 2007
Watching the nigerian players my ass, the man doesn't leave his bedroom, besides if he was a decent enough coach he would be here to see where the up and coming stars are coming from, its not all about the foreign based players
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2007
Let the bald albino asshole pack his GHANA MUST-GO and leave the job for Siasia. What the hell is wrong with him? Can't he learn some lesson form the previous foreign coach? angry
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by 9ja4eva: 9:01pm On Jun 15, 2007
He doesnt have d interest of NIGERIA @ heart so wat do u expect
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by Rlst84sale(m): 9:29pm On Jun 15, 2007
I don't even know what is wrong with our leaders that they are spending such huge money on racists who don't care anything about Nigeria. Salute goes to people like Virgin Airline owner who almost makes nigeria his home.
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by 9ja4eva: 9:52pm On Jun 15, 2007
Richard Branson
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by Mustay(m): 11:08pm On Jun 16, 2007
This man has only introduced ONLINE COACHING otherwise known as e- coaching so why d halla?
Na te-chi-no-lo-gy!
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by 9ja4eva: 7:09am On Jun 17, 2007
I hear u
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by Cyclone5(m): 7:36am On Jun 17, 2007
Mustay:

This man has only introduced ONLINE COACHING otherwise known as e- coaching so why d halla?
Na te-chi-no-lo-gy!

Online wat?! angry You tink say whenever you see online for word na advancement dey happen? lipsrsealed

So how about all the players in Naija. Are they all useless. All these so called Europe based players isnt it Naija playing fieldsd they emerged from. Any decent coach would be looking to unearth new talent and well as mould the existing ones.

What kind of blockhead doesn't acclimatise himself to his local environs. Is he familiar with the local conditions, stadia, travel requirements? What can do in Europe exactly? Good relations with clubs. We dey fight dem before? So when does he do coaching and training, cause we know he is not doing that in Europe. Any coach would place emphaisis on working with players not clubs.
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by DisGuy: 1:59pm On Jun 17, 2007
according to his contract he is not mandated to live in nigeria, he signed it , nfa signed it so why u dey vex na? abi nfa people no sabi read wetin dem sign? cheesy

If u want to become rich in nigeria sign a contract(in the UK/EU), 99% chance someone will breach it grin
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by sleekdot(m): 3:38pm On Jun 17, 2007
Abeg leave the guy alone! Which of you would decline if someone was foolish enough to sign that kind of contract with you; that would allow you to suntan at the beach with semi naked chics by your side and make loads of hard currency
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by uyai(f): 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2007
kai! naija we don suffer!!!

why would he want to leave in nigeria when nigerians are running abroad.
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by Mustay(m): 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2007
Cyclone take am easy
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by agbola(m): 11:41pm On Jun 17, 2007
thank you ooo, nfa no know wen dem dey sign useless contract. welll i don't know wat to say let's just pray for nigeria
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by Mustay(m): 3:05am On Jun 18, 2007
We are d problem of our football
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by chidichris(m): 9:51am On Jun 18, 2007
he can't pack his things just like that.
there is a clause in the business deal contract that our idiot leaders signed with him which makes the man the dictctor here.
if there is an act of sacking, the nfa will pay him all the salaries due to his contract duration.
who among us here will not utilize such opportunity if it comes to him?
who among the people who went for the negotiation does not know that he should live in nigeria just because they have their selfish interests, they did not mind about the terms of the contract.
we are the architects of our own problems. bad leaders
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by ferdimako1: 10:10am On Jun 18, 2007
Who signed the contract on our behalf? Who wouldn't want to remain in Europe? Our Law makers are all there and come home for their pay. So Nigerians shut up and pray, that has been our weakness. Pray and pray.
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by pek(m): 10:57am On Jun 18, 2007
well, it simply means that it is not stated in his contract that he must reside in nigeria.be that as may, he has a point. he is a technical adviser and not a coach or talent hunter.that should be left for the nigerian coaches.if we have our players in europe, what is he staying in nigeria for.there are still hundreds of undiscovred talents in europe.where he is staying is not the problem but we want results.
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by pek(m): 10:58am On Jun 18, 2007
well, it simply means that it is not stated in his contract that he must reside in nigeria.be that as may, he has a point. he is a technical adviser and not a coach or talent hunter.that should be left for the nigerian coaches.if we have our players in europe, what is he staying in nigeria for.there are still hundreds of undiscovred talents in europe.where he is staying is not the problem but we want results.
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by dinozzo(m): 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2007
time will tell if he gets the results we want. But I don't see what he'll do that Eguavoen can't do.
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by ayusman16(m): 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2007
common guys, the coach can stay abroad and still coach the eagles to the promise land, afterall we are in a jet age, na only for naija dem fit do us like dis, useless NFA, there must be something "like skeleton in the cupboard", somebody somewhere must benefitting from the deal, wetin him take us to be>, ? infact, if not for patriotism, i for prefer if we no qualify sef, something i wish i dont even like futbol!!!!
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by dinozzo(m): 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2007
ofcourse someone is benefitng heavily from it, bunch of ignorant and corrupt scums thats what they are.
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by bugado(m): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2007
vogts should go .let him go to hail and roast some yam.Bleep his dam albino ass.
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by temmyabby(f): 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2007
So he is coaching Nigerian NATIONAL footballers in Europe, I wonder aw these things happen, so when Nigerians want to train or sumting as our bro correctly said, they will do on-line coaching/e-coaching
**sings along with trybesmen e get plenty plenty thing when no suppose to happen for is life, plenty plenty things, plenty plenty nonsense**
I bet sum1s bankaccount is getting fat on this angry
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by PURPLECODE(m): 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2007
THE ARE LAUGHING AT US ALL.

HOW CAN A HEAD COACH OF NIGERIAN DREAM TEAM DO HIS WORK FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY .

I BELIEVE THEY KNOW SOMETHING WE DON'T KNOW

WHY DID THEY AGREE TO THAT DEAL .BUT THE POEPLE WHO PAID THE CAHS ARE SMART SO WHATS THE PROBLEM .

I FEEL BAD AS A NIGERIAN WHEN PEOPLE ON TOP MAKE CONTRACTS LIKE THAT I BELIEVE MY GRAND MOTHER WOULD HAVE SEALED A BETTER CONTRACT.

POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT COUNTRY.

CHECK THIS OUT LIKE ENGLAND HEAD COACH IS DOING HIS JOB FROM AUSTRALIA THATS
NOT HEARD OF IN THE COACHING HISTORY.

WE ARE JUST DOING THINGS WITH PRIDE .

THEY NEED TO READ THIS BOOK "SEALING CAOCH CONTRACTS FOR DUNNIES"
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by redwoman(f): 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2007
Their seems to be too much praying in Nigeria and not enough action.

Redwoman
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by hbrednic: 11:46pm On Jun 18, 2007
I SORRY FOR NIGERIA
THOSE WHO SIGNED THE CONTRACT ARE TRAITORS.
WHAT A SHOW OF SHAME?
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by Mustay(m): 12:01am On Jun 19, 2007
Online coaching- nothing bettest than that!
You guys want those boys to catch him as an expatriate. . .d guy's a BUSINESS coach!!!
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by Mustay(m): 12:02am On Jun 19, 2007
Online coaching- nothing bettest than that!
You guys want those boys to catch him as an expatriate. . .d guy's a BUSINESS coach!!!
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by Everbright(f): 7:59am On Jun 19, 2007
I don't blame the man jare
Is it for him to come here and experience all these rubbish in Nigeria?
If they don't kidnap him, they will rob and kill him.
If I have my way I wouldn't live here either sad
Re: Vogts: 'I Cannot Live In Nigeria' by pat4: 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2007
I dint even know why we are doing this to ourself.Dose it mean that,in the whole of naija full of talent we cant raise a couch.When are we going to stop this INFERIORITY COMPLEX.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wimbledon 2013 / ₦50,000.00 What Of Merrybet Pin & Etisalat Data Will Be Shared Among #100#1st C / PHOTOS: 18+ Photos From The Rio Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.