Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,801 members, 7,851,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

Help Me With Css - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Me With Css (864 Views)

Write HTML And CSS Codes On Android Devices / How To: Create A Simple Hover Button With Html And Css / How Easy Is It To Integrate Guaranty Trust Bank, Webpay With CSS & MySQL? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me With Css by learnerboy: 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2011
Hello fellow Nairaland memebers, i am new to web designing and the truth is that i am still learning,i have successfully designed a website but my problem is that i want it to open in all resolutions so that when i finally host it,people with different resolutions can open it without it shifting to the right leaving enough blank space on the left,i know i am not a professional yet but it does not mean that i should design an unprofessional website. i tried using a css code i saw online but it is still the same, the moment i change my screen resolution to 800 x 600 it will no longer fit on the screen.Please please help a learning boy,abeg my naija people help me, i don google and i don try most of the stuffs i saw in forums to no avail,but i believe that my fellow naija people go fit help me,so i am back home to ask for ur favors.
Re: Help Me With Css by free2: 3:15pm On Feb 05, 2011
Only the likes of; *dhtml, and yawa-ti-de can help u!
Re: Help Me With Css by megaplaza(m): 4:35pm On Feb 05, 2011
try using percent in specify width x height, for instance instead of say 40cm as width use say 20% as width, if you are using dreamweaver, switch measurement to percentage or use percentage to specify ur measure men. This mean that if 800x600, 20% will be 160pixel width, on 1200x840, it will be 240pixel. So use percentage.
Re: Help Me With Css by learnerboy: 4:56pm On Feb 05, 2011
thanks megaplaza, i will try it out
Re: Help Me With Css by csharpjava(m): 6:27pm On Feb 05, 2011
You should centre your main container like this:

div.container
{

width: 950px;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;

}
Re: Help Me With Css by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2011
CSS Solution
1.Set the Width as 100% for any Expanding Element
2.Then set min-width as 960px so when u minimize or reduce the browser the content won't flow into the next line

Javascript
1.Create a profile for a certain resolutions and make it dynamic by querying the width of the client browser but css is more prefable
Re: Help Me With Css by instinctg(m): 8:52am On Feb 07, 2011
yea,i agree with pc guru. i had that experience with a site i developed. its simple, just set the body attribute in your css as :-
body { padding:0; width:950px; margin:0px auto;
}
html { padding:0; margin:0;}
this will be ok for most resolutions, but for 800 X 600 ,there will be some scrolling which will be ok.
note that the body tag should not be assigned to an id or class.
Finally, be careful with the inner divs (their width mustnt be greater than that of the body class). percentages and negative margins too are sometimes tricky

(1) (Reply)

Need Help Concerning Drupal / Pls, Condemn And Criticize This Website Constructively / 5 Free Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.