Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,398 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

How You Could Get Scammed After Using POS Service - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How You Could Get Scammed After Using POS Service (312 Views)

See The Man I Saw Using POS Machine Selling His Gurasa Suya In Birnin kebbi / CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions / Sugarcane Seller Using POS For His Business - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How You Could Get Scammed After Using POS Service by Danielfx(m): 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
Within a period of three months, i have been a victim of two period fraudulent irregularities on my account. This of course i have traced to my regular use of POS services wherever I go...

The first card happened to be a MASTER CARD and when the stunt was played, i had to do everything necessary to shut down debit transaction on the account as the transaction was done on Indonesia currency using Google services.. I reported to the bank and had things sorted out. I quickly contacted Google with my details and my money was refunded within a week...

Then just yesterday i received another consistent debit transaction but this time it was done with naira currency. I quickly recall i had used the new card on a suspicious POS centre because the merchant there seemed to air the feeling of insecurity when i used the service...

So, how is this done. POS machine are programmed to steal card details which are then sent to the programmer to access your account without the use of otp. Some of the pos merchants are into this but on selected account only associated with visa and master card only.....

When next you get a fraudulent alert with a Google description, fill out Google form on fraud and get the money reversed..

Block debit transaction with your bank ussd immediately and visit the bank to rectify the issue, thanks.

Re: How You Could Get Scammed After Using POS Service by bigtt76(f): 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2020
Wow! Possible the POS merchant stole your card details and. Those are the only details required to transact on a foreign site.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Grocery Products At Wholesale Price? / Ok / How Do I Receive Funds From The International Community?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.