Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,745 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Why Aren't You Perfect? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Aren't You Perfect? (188 Views)

Why Aren't There Many Virgins? / Aren't You Lucky To Be Born Into The Right Religion And Other Weren't? / Why Aren't Catholics Friendly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Aren't You Perfect? by janeedema(f): 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2020
"No one is perfect", you may have heard some people say, as a way to make excuses for their lapse or the shortcoming of others.

The question becomes: why aren't you, or what are you doing about it?

There's a huge difference between saying: "I'm not perfect" and "I'm working towards perfection"

Whilst one is an excuse, the other is taking responsibility for an obvious shortcoming.

And as we know: excuses have never been known to improve anyone or anything - Never!

Don't gallant in your imperfections, talk instead about what you are working towards becoming.

It's even more sad when Christians flaunt they aren't perfect like there's a scriptural verse that justifies it.

So I get:

You lie because it's your weakness.
You cheat on your hubby because you are clay.
You beat up your wife because you are just a man.
You steal because you aren't perfect.
You fight in your neighbourhood because you are made of humus.

But I also get that:

The kidnappers, murderers, rapists, paedophiles, corrupt politicians, scammers, etc also do these because they are made of clay.

Why do you share their atrocities on social media and shout "tufiakwa" but excuse yours by claiming, "no one is perfect"?

Or is there a thermometer to measure which of these imperfections is greater?

I tell you the truth:

Every supposedly heinous crime carried out once started as a suggestion, a subtle character flaw, a mere imperfection.

That your imperfections doesn't seem grievous doesn't make the sanction on it any less.

Please and please.

I humbly admonish us:

If you don't look like what the scripture portrays you to be in character, then weep and ask for grace, not flaunt your obvious character flaws and blame it on being clay.

As Christians, we have been called to be perfect *(Matthew 5:48),* and if you aren't, let that be your desire daily instead of confessions of:

"I'm not perfect" or "No one is perfect."

Please say boldly at all times:

I walk towards perfection, and I am mightily helped of God to be perfect in all things. I am a symbol of perfection; I am perfect and free from character flaws, in Jesus' Name.

And as you consistently declare, it will become your reality.
Re: Why Aren't You Perfect? by Goldp5988(f): 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
janeedema:
"No one is perfect", you may have heard some people say, as a way to make excuses for their lapse or the shortcoming of others.

There's a huge difference between saying: "I'm not perfect" and "I'm working towards perfection"

Whilst one is an excuse, the other is taking responsibility for an obvious shortcoming.

And as we know: excuses have never been known to improve anyone or anything - Never!

Don't gallant in your imperfections, talk instead about what you are working towards becoming.

It's even more sad when Christians flaunt they aren't perfect like there's a scriptural verse that justifies it.

So I get:

But I also get that:

The kidnappers, murderers, rapists, paedophiles, corrupt politicians, scammers, etc also do these because they are made of clay.

Why do you share their atrocities on social media and shout "tufiakwa" but excuse yours by claiming, "no one is perfect"?

I tell you the truth:

Every supposedly heinous crime carried out once started as a suggestion, a subtle character flaw, a mere imperfection.

That your imperfections doesn't seem grievous doesn't make the sanction on it any less.

Please and please.

I humbly admonish us:

If you don't look like what the scripture portrays you to be in character, then weep and ask for grace, not flaunt your obvious character flaws and blame it on being clay.

As Christians, we have been called to be perfect *(Matthew 5:48),* and if you aren't, let that be your desire daily instead of confessions of:

I walk towards perfection, and I am mightily helped of God to be perfect in all things. I am a symbol of perfection; I am perfect and free from character flaws, in Jesus' Name.

Thank you.
Re: Why Aren't You Perfect? by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Jul 16, 2020
@OP, you ask the right question but you suggest the wrong way to be perfect. Yes it is true that many go around saying things like "No one is perfect" but they speak it out of ignorance when they refuse to read their own bible to learn from Jesus Christ Himself.

According to Jesus Christ, the way to being perfect is simpler than people think.

Matthew 5 vs 43-48 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
43. “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[k] and hate your enemy.’
44. But I tell you, love your enemies. Pray for those who treat you badly.
45. If you do this, you will be children who are truly like your Father in heaven. He lets the sun rise for all people, whether they are good or bad. He sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong.
46. If you love only those who love you, why should you get a reward for that? Even the tax collectors do that.
47. And if you are nice only to your friends, you are no better than anyone else. Even the people who don’t know God are nice to their friends.
48. What I am saying is that you must be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
The commandments of Jesus Christ are found there in the gospels, and all one has to do is read the book as it is written to learn of what is written
Re: Why Aren't You Perfect? by TheCork(m): 10:43am On Aug 03, 2020
janeedema:

So I get:

But I also get that:

I tell you the truth:

Please and please.

I humbly admonish us:

Hello. Please do u have nyansh? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Are You Born-again In Christ Jesus Crucified ? / President Trump Saying That We Need The Holy Spirit / Is There More Information About The Yoruba Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.