Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,201 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries (1589 Views)

Police Arrest School Owner In Delta For Allegedly Raping 4-year-old Girl / ASUU Receives Full Salaries For November And Arrears Withheld / As A School Owner, Will You Employ A Man With Dreadlock As A Teacher? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by uromii: 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2020

The proprietor gave out palliatives to 27 of her workers
and 100 parents whose children are her students, she
told The Nation.
She said that some of her students come to school
really hungry and giving out the relief materials was her
own way of contributing to their parents' welfare in this
trying time.

A collage of the proprietor and the parents who got the
packages. Photo source: The Nation
It should be noted that each package contained rice,
beans, indomie, oil, salt, biscuit, sweet, and garri.
She said she paid her workers full salary in March and
60% and 70% in April and May respectively.
Olajumoke Amos, a parent, thanked the proprietor for
taking care of their needs, saying that despite the fact
the woman is not in the country, she still extended her
love to them.
Akin-Taylor has not been able to take her school’s
learning online because she said parents cannot afford
it.
https://www.legit.ng/1343995-generous-school-owner-shares-palliatives-parents-pays-full-salaries.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by GboyegaD(m): 8:59pm On Jul 16, 2020
This is my position. A school who values her staff would pay salaries even when the students are not around due to situations as this.

2 Likes

Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by Byke60(m): 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2020
Nice one mommy
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by TakeThem: 9:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
GboyegaD:
This is my position. A school who values her staff would pay salaries even when the students are not around due to situations as this.

Some schools live from hand to mouth. What they make is what they spend.

4 Likes

Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by GboyegaD(m): 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2020
TakeThem:

Some schools live from hand to mouth. What they make is what they spend.

All year round?
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by Beedude(m): 9:30pm On Jul 16, 2020
GboyegaD:
Fingers are not equal. Let those that have the ability to do carry on.
I know a school that has been converted to poultry so they can repay loan collected from micro finance.
Some schools are on rented apartment and haven't been earning anything since March, Landlord keeps calling and won't hear stories.
Some schools are still not ripe enough to even think of paying staffs for work not done since May.
I saw a school bus being used for transport business by a School Proprietoress from Ojota to Ogba. Do u know what such woman is facing before she could hustle at that level?

Lets just keep praying for those who have the resources and also have the heart of giving.
U CAN'T GIVE WHAT U DON'T HAVE

2 Likes

Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by GboyegaD(m): 9:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
Beedude:

Fingers are not equal. Let those that have the ability to do carry on.
I know a school that has been converted to poultry so the can repay loan collected from micro finance.
Some schools are on rented apartment and haven't been earning anything since March, Landlord keeps calling and won't hear stories.
Some schools are still not ripe enough to even think of pay staffs for work not done since May.
I saw a school bus being used for transport business by a School Proprietoress from Ojota to Ogba. Do u know what such woman is facing before she could hustle at that level?

Lets just keep praying for those who have the resources and also have the heart of giving.
U CAN'T GIVE WHAT U DON'T HAVE

One of the reasons why the FG may not be able to re-open schools at this time because what this implies is that such schools may not be able to adapt to all measures to help reduce the spread of COVID19 since they are expensive.
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by Beedude(m): 9:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
GboyegaD:

One of the reasons why the FG may not be able to re-open schools at this time because what this implies is that such schools may not be able to adapt to all measures to help reduce the spread of COVID19 since they are expensive.
Thats not a good reason.
How many govt/community owned schools will be able to adapt?
We both know the Private sector is more organised than the Public sector.
Do u know why markets, banks and other commercial sectors were opened? Our govt can't afford to go broke. A Private school owner finance his or her school without any support, the major channel of finance has been blocked by the lockdown since MARCH, do u think its easy to cope?
Only Schools with more than 7yrs in the business can afford to pay till this month. But how long can they keep paying?
Can they still pay if school don't resume again this year?
Only the Govt can afford paying cos they have other sectors they can get money from.

1 Like

Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by GboyegaD(m): 10:08pm On Jul 16, 2020
Beedude:

Thats not a good reason.
How many govt/community owned schools will be able to adapt?
We both know the Private sector is more organised than the Public sector.
Do u know why markets, banks and other commercial sectors were opened? Our govt can't afford to go broke. A Private school owner finance his or her school without any support, the major channel of finance has been blocked by the lockdown since MARCH, do u think its easy to cope?
Only Schools with more than 7yrs in the business can afford to pay till this month. But how long can they keep paying?
Can they still pay if school don't resume again this year?
Only the Govt can afford paying cos they have other sectors they can get money from.

The very reason why we just need to hppe we find a lasting solution to this challenge.
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by Minjim: 10:29pm On Jul 16, 2020
uromii:

The proprietor gave out palliatives to 27 of her workers
and 100 parents whose children are her students, she
told The Nation.
She said that some of her students come to school
really hungry and giving out the relief materials was her
own way of contributing to their parents' welfare in this
trying time.

A collage of the proprietor and the parents who got the
packages. Photo source: The Nation
It should be noted that each package contained rice,
beans, indomie, oil, salt, biscuit, sweet, and garri.
She said she paid her workers full salary in March and
60% and 70% in April and May respectively.
Olajumoke Amos, a parent, thanked the proprietor for
taking care of their needs, saying that despite the fact
the woman is not in the country, she still extended her
love to them.
Akin-Taylor has not been able to take her school’s
learning online because she said parents cannot afford
it.

Do you have a source for this? I want to share it to my Proprietress
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by haiti007(m): 11:46pm On Jul 16, 2020
Nice gesture.

But why sweet as part of palliative Who sweet wan belle full?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by phemmyfour: 6:26am On Jul 17, 2020
GboyegaD:
from where ? Most of these schools rely on school fees to pay teachers salaries

1 Like

Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by uromii: 6:27am On Jul 17, 2020
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 17, 2020
Honestly we teachers are really suffering, u need to see how thin some teachers and our kids had become.
Please am begging any kind hearted nairalander to rescue me and family from hunger. Am begging please. Acess bnk 0807 34 4826

1 Like

Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by Herbephe1(m): 7:55am On Jul 17, 2020
fir a legit online business dm me, it requires no capital, just your mb and you can cash out any time. a try will definitely convince u
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by Shuku: 8:02am On Jul 17, 2020
Minjim:

Do you have a source for this? I want to share it to my Proprietress

Maybe that your Proprietress hasn't been able to fulfil her obligations to even her own nuclear family.
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by Shuku: 8:05am On Jul 17, 2020
GboyegaD:

Where do they get the money to pay? We parents pay school fees 3 times in a year. Whereas, the schools pay staff salaries 12+1 months in a year. At least my children's school does that.

We need to be fair to the schools and the Proprietors/Proprietresses.
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by Minjim: 9:01am On Jul 17, 2020
Shuku:

Maybe that your Proprietress hasn't been able to fulfil her obligations to even her own nuclear family.
The last salary I received this year was in January.
We were being owed February when the school closed on 23rd March.
Tell me, doesn't a labourer deserve his wages again ?
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by GboyegaD(m): 10:39am On Jul 17, 2020
Shuku:

Where do they get the money to pay? We parents pay school fees 3 times in a year. Whereas, the schools pay staff salaries 12+1 months in a year. At least my children's school does that.

No vex, where do businesses get their money? We need leave sentiments aside and remind ourself it is not a "not for profit" bit a business. Making losses is part of being in business as such, if this year due to unforeseen circumstance, they should take it as part of their business cycle.

Being fair to them is teaching them it isn't a crime to treat their staff right. We should stop making unnecessary excuses for them.
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by GboyegaD(m): 10:41am On Jul 17, 2020
phemmyfour:
from where ? Most of these schools rely on school fees to pay teachers salaries

Aren't they a profit making venture? Does this mean at the end of each term they have zero balances? If the business isn't having a viable future, they could declare bankruptcy and close down and not expect their staff to be reasonable with them since they don't share profits with them, they shouldn't share in the losses.
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by Shuku: 10:58am On Jul 17, 2020
GboyegaD:

No vex, where do businesses get their money? We need leave sentiments aside and remind ourself it is not a "not for profit" bit a business. Making losses is part of being in business as such, if this year due to unforeseen circumstance, they should take it as part of their business cycle.

Being fair to them is teaching them it isn't a crime to treat their staff right. We should stop making unnecessary excuses for them.

Excuse me, please don't get me wrong. Paying staff salaries is very important. What I'm saying is that you can't give what you don't have.
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by GboyegaD(m): 11:50am On Jul 17, 2020
Shuku:

Excuse me, please don't get me wrong. Paying staff salaries is very important. What I'm saying is that you can't give what you don't have.

In every term, there are roughly four months. If parents pay once in a term, say at the beginning of 1st term (September), the fees they pay should cover Sept, Oct, Nov, December; All other things being equal.

2nd term ( starting January) should cover Jan, Feb, March, April.
So, where do you expect them to get the funds to pay for May etc.

PS.: I learnt all this from the Supervisor of my kids' school, not the Proprietress. He's also a staff who hasn't been paid due to the situation of the country, but he had the presence of mind to recall all the times they were paid bonuses and 13month salaries. In his words "If Aunty could, she would pay all of us full salaries. She can't but she's been giving us stipends every month".

We keep excusing the bad behaviors of our business men and expect them to do better. They wouldn't because they k ow we would make excuse for them and take it as fate.
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by uromii: 12:02pm On Jul 17, 2020
Due to no active regulatory bodies that watch over private schools owners labour force activities. most school owners dubiously have refused to pay their teachers their complete salary for march April and may.
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by jackpot(f): 9:58am On Jul 20, 2020
Demburrows:
Honestly we teachers are really suffering, u need to see how thin some teachers and our kids had become.
Please am begging any kind hearted nairalander to rescue me and family from hunger. Am begging please. Acess bnk 0807 34 4826
Is this not the same account uromii has been posting? Na wa ooo. Please don't tell me she is your mother lipsrsealed
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by jackpot(f): 10:07am On Jul 20, 2020
Shuku:

But some of these private school proprietress slash proprietor often coarse the private school teachers into online teaching but then they are not ready to pay them salary. Some will ask you to record lesson videos for the whole term in a month, type lesson notes from your pocket and submit and at the end, pay you less than half of your monthly salary, most times, less than 10k. embarassed
cry
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by jackpot(f): 10:09am On Jul 20, 2020
GboyegaD:

Aren't they a profit making venture? Does this mean at the end of each term they have zero balances? If the business isn't having a viable future, they could declare bankruptcy and close down and not expect their staff to be reasonable with them since they don't share profits with them, they shouldn't share in the losses.
Exactly.
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by coputa(m): 10:45am On Jul 20, 2020
GboyegaD:

Their respective state government should assist them,because they collect huge taxes termly/yearly from them.
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by coputa(m): 10:59am On Jul 20, 2020
Shuku:

The 3 times you paid school fees for the year covers three terms of four months per term.
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by coputa(m): 11:05am On Jul 20, 2020
GboyegaD:

No viable business the world over uses his profit to pay salaries,even multi national oil firms drop their workers when there,s no fund to pay them
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by GboyegaD(m): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2020
coputa:
No viable business the world over uses his profit to pay salaries,even multi national oil firms drop their workers when there,s no fund to pay them

Then drop them. No one is saying they shouldn't sack them and if you read what I wrote, I said the teachers did not share in their profit so they shouldn't in their loss. Do not retain them if you aren't paying them, it isn't that hard.
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by obonujoker(m): 5:16pm On Jul 20, 2020
GboyegaD:

Oga... Can't you look for job elsewhere and leave private schools??
Re: Generous School Owner Shares Palliatives To Parents, Pays Full Salaries by obonujoker(m): 5:18pm On Jul 20, 2020
GboyegaD:

Why not apply for a job elsewhere, and leave the private school owners run their business ??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking!! Uniuyo Adds Nursing Science And 5 New Courses To It Programmes / THE World University Rankings 2022: Seven Nigerian Universities Make The List / Gce A Levels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.