Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,933 members, 7,952,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? (9704 Views)

Deji Adeyanju: Atiku's Enugu Rally Looked Like A Naming Ceremony / Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes / Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 17, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

What is their population density in Windhoek compared to Lagos? Bring official record.
What does population density have to do with developing Allen Avenue to Windhoek,Namibia standard?

9 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by selemempe: 5:40am On Jul 17, 2020
Rossikki:

You are clearly very ignorant about ''the black race'', and take your cue from the scandalously negative reporting of ''the black race'' in WESTERN MEDIA.

For your information, Kigali, Rwanda is one of the cleanest cities in the world, not just in Africa. It is black people that are running Kigali.

Kingston, Jamaica is a black-run city. All streets, including in poor areas, are paved with sidewalks and covered drains, with no sand on the streets.

Nairobi, Kenya is a black-run city that can stand beside any city on Earth in aesthetics and city planning.

Abuja, Nigeria is a purpose-built, black-run city that is the pride of all Africa.

The same black world you condemn, literally MILLIONS of westerners visit it every year as tourists, visiting countries from Jamaica to Barbados, and from Kenya to Senegal, Tanzania, Ghana, Botswana, and Seychelles.

When WE travel, we need to get our colonised noses away from ''Dubai'', ''New York'', ''London'', and ''Paris''.

Visit the Gambia instead. There are resorts in the Gambia that will make you think you are in Paradise.

Visit Nairobi.

Or Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

Or Dakar, Senegal.

Or Port Of Spain, Trinidad.

Or Zanzibar, Tanzania.

Or Luanda, Angola.

Or Montego Bay, Jamaica.

These places are beautiful African locations worthy of vacationing by you as an African.

White people leave their countries and travel thousands of miles away to vacation in these places.

You that are close to them are not even aware of their existence and/or value.

Your head is stuck in Dubai and Los Angeles. And Paris.

The black world is beautiful. Quit the self-denigration and start to love your own.

kikikikiki this patriotic mugu never travel o. The only black run cities capable of being in the same league with whitey cities are in south Africa and we all know why grin
Kingston is ok... Kigali is clean (by black standard) even Barbados etc but non of them can compete with any random European city.

However we mustn't aspire to that in Africa yet. We must aspire to having basic infrastructure, lower poverty, higher productivity, less importation and political stability first before we start worrying about beautiful Blvds

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by selemempe: 5:54am On Jul 17, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
How could this be possible when one person is kneeling on Lagos' neck?
The black race is inherently a cursed race.
Sorry this is a bitter pill to swallow.
You can crucify me however I am very sure that there is no Black country that is properly managed.
Till we are no more, the Black race will forever serve other race. Fact!
the black race is not cursed. Who cursed us?
We were simply cut off from the rest of the world by the Sahara desert for years while Europe, Asia and north Africa were trading culture. We just opened up to the world about 200 years ago. We would need time to develop nations and leadership.
We are still doing better than some Asian countries

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by selemempe: 5:55am On Jul 17, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

What is their population density in Windhoek compared to Lagos? Bring official record.
is Lagos population as large as Tokyo? It's just leadership failure... don't make excuses for it
And it's not only Lagos. Even my Enugu should look more modern than it looks
The picture below is Enugu by okpara avenue...it's like our downtown. It shouldn't be looking ordinary if we had governors that are more interested in beauty
Infact the way it even looks now is because of Sullivan

7 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Walexdubia(m): 6:18am On Jul 17, 2020
samincredible44:
lagosians are dirty people,it won't work.

Lol we Nigerians are dirty...
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by selemempe: 6:20am On Jul 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

What does population density have to do with developing Allen Avenue to Windhoek,Namibia standard?
the sad aspect is that the amount of money it really costs (labour, material etc) to build a street like this is available to a local government chairman every year not to talk of a governor.
And you don't even need to build all the streets in the state within your tenure. Just do a few important streets like this and go. The next governor will do his and go.

Even private individuals stamp their compounds in lekki and the cost is 7k per sqm
See the floor of this bungalow in lekki. What is the big deal

4 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by selemempe: 6:21am On Jul 17, 2020
Walexdubia:

Lol we Nigerians are dirty...
people are only dirty within a dirty environment. The same Nigerians will go abroad and become neater than the whites. Our mentality is influenced by our neighborhood

6 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 17, 2020

9 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Walexdubia(m): 6:30am On Jul 17, 2020
selemempe:
people are only dirty within a dirty environment. The same Nigerians will go abroad and become neater than the whites. Our mentality is influenced by our neighborhood

U are right though...

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by selemempe: 6:42am On Jul 17, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
It's all lack of urban planning, zoning laws and buildings codes. Build Mass housing and move all the poor people there and then demolish everything and build from scratch . Only sell large acres of land to developers for residential ,commercial and industrial development . Abolish the practice of selling 100ft by 100ft to random people to build random houses without buildings codes and zoning laws . Nigeria will never develop that way .
I always see too many poor people and street hawking on Nigerian photos and the open drainage all makes it repulsive.
I agree. But the lands are sold by communities. How do we take the lands from them and give to estate developers.
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 17, 2020
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by junketer(m): 7:01am On Jul 17, 2020
Rossiki you are just delusional.
Op, most nigerians that post this type of rubbish have never been outside nigeria so they think lagos is all that. Look at Rossiki talking about Nairobi, Gambia and all the other shitholessss in africa.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by chriskosherbal(m): 7:07am On Jul 17, 2020
I have said it several times to individuals who care to listen there is nothing like Africa is cursed, nobody cursed anybody is just greed and wickedness on the part of our leaders that has caused us the economic stagnation we are witnessing today. Am not concerned about other nations in Africa but concerned about my beloved Nigeria that have both human and non-human resources/capital that even the most developed nations in Europe cannot compete with.

If we can sit our ass down and remove tribalism, ethnicity, religion and the likes in dealing with political, social and economic issues and tackle corruption to with a strong hand given the abundancy of natural resources at our disposal, individuals in advanced nation will travel down to resident here.

The number of human capital flight every year in Nigeria is enough to bring this great nation to her knees due to political and economic instability caused by greedy, selfish, self-centered, non-responsive leaders.

Until we begin to see ourselves first as Nigerians before 'I am an Igbo man, Yoruba man, Hausa man e.t.c and give public positions to credibility rather than mediocrity, favouratism which are born out of the stupid federal character..we will continue to circumvent for ever without making headway. It is the cart before the horse not the other way round.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by chiiraq802(m): 7:13am On Jul 17, 2020
Rossikki:

You are clearly very ignorant about ''the black race'', and take your cue from the scandalously negative reporting of ''the black race'' in WESTERN MEDIA.

For your information, Kigali, Rwanda is one of the cleanest cities in the world, not just in Africa. It is black people that are running Kigali.

Kingston, Jamaica is a black-run city. All streets, including in poor areas, are paved with sidewalks and covered drains, with no sand on the streets.

Nairobi, Kenya is a black-run city that can stand beside any city on Earth in aesthetics and city planning.

Abuja, Nigeria is a purpose-built, black-run city that is the pride of all Africa.

The same black world you condemn, literally MILLIONS of westerners visit it every year as tourists, visiting countries from Jamaica to Barbados, and from Kenya to Senegal, Tanzania, Ghana, Botswana, and Seychelles.

When WE travel, we need to get our colonised noses away from ''Dubai'', ''New York'', ''London'', and ''Paris''.

Visit the Gambia instead. There are resorts in the Gambia that will make you think you are in Paradise.

Visit Nairobi.

Or Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

Or Dakar, Senegal.

Or Port Of Spain, Trinidad.

Or Zanzibar, Tanzania.

Or Luanda, Angola.

Or Montego Bay, Jamaica.

These places are beautiful African locations worthy of vacationing by you as an African.

White people leave their countries and travel thousands of miles away to vacation in these places.

You that are close to them are not even aware of their existence and/or value.

Your head is stuck in Dubai and Los Angeles. And Paris.

The black world is beautiful. Quit the self-denigration and start to love your own.

Oga!!!! Few African cities are trying, but don't compare to white cities bikooo!!!!
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 17, 2020

6 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by jesmond3945: 7:31am On Jul 17, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
You can crucify me however I am very sure that there is no Black country that is properly managed.
how is it cursed my brother?
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by selemempe: 7:36am On Jul 17, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
Is the Nigerian government custodian of all lands in Nigeria?
my point exactly. They are not. Would have been easier if they were so they can better regulate land use
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by selemempe: 7:40am On Jul 17, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
The problem with a lot of people is that you fail to look at root of problems and use your brain.
Nigeria,like most third world countries , is a fictitious shithole created a few years ago. I propose all African regions be federations with each ethnic groups as autonomous states or provinces with districts(dialects) . The only difference between my proposal and the current colonial merger is change of name ,larger federation, and decentralization.
I believe these ethnic groups would get along better and develop at the their own pace than the current forceful and unjust union. Even if Nigeria remains an entity ,all states or ethnicity should simply be states or provinces and develop at their own pace. Go look at the Nigerian constitution and see how deliberately stifling it is . Nigeria will never develop with such methods .
It is foolish to force people to ditch their ethnic national identity in favor of civic nationalism to a fictitious shithole . Africa is an ethnic continent like Europe and Asia, Unlike The United States,Australia,Canada ,New Zealand which were deliberate foundations. It is foolish to compare Nigeria's situation to the US ,Canada or Australia.
Igbo,Yoruba,Calabarian(EfikIbibio) ,Ijaw,Hausa,Tiv,Kanuri,etc are all ethnicity like Ukrainian,English,Irish,Lithuanian,Polish,Yamato(Japanese) ,
Scottish,Norwegian,etc. You can not forcefully colonized and merge these nations and then force them to accept civic nationalism based on such false amalgamation. Irish will always identify as Irish,Scottish will always identify as Scottish ,Lithuanian will always identify as Lithuanian.
you are correct again. I always advocate for the creation of west Africa federation...it will be easy to be patriotic to west Africa than to Nigeria. If we can't turn ECOWAS into a country, then the next bet is to divide Nigeria
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by selemempe: 7:41am On Jul 17, 2020
chriskosherbal:
I have said it several times to individuals who care to listen there is nothing like Africa is cursed, nobody cursed anybody is just greed and wickedness on the part of our leaders that has caused us the economic stagnation we are witnessing today. Am not concerned about other nations in Africa but concerned about my beloved Nigeria that have both human and non-human resources/capital that even the most developed nations in Europe cannot compete with.

If we can sit our ass down and remove tribalism, ethnicity, religion and the likes in dealing with political, social and economic issues and tackle corruption to with a strong hand given the abundancy of natural resources at our disposal, individuals in advanced nation will travel down to resident here.

The number of human capital flight every year in Nigeria is enough to bring this great nation to her knees due to political and economic instability caused by greedy, selfish, self-centered, non-responsive leaders.

Until we begin to see ourselves first as Nigerians before 'I am an Igbo man, Yoruba man, Hausa man e.t.c and give public positions to credibility rather than mediocrity, favouratism which are born out of the stupid federal character..we will continue to circumvent for ever without making headway. It is the cart before the horse not the other way round.
it will not happen. An Igbo and an Hausa has nothing in common except skin colour and Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 17, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by SarkinYarki: 8:01am On Jul 17, 2020
Lagosians that are throwing garbage from this homes onto the road medians in 2020 and it's the educated ones even doing this
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by awgumayor: 8:16am On Jul 17, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Do not use Nigeria to condemn other black nations. Some cities in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia can rival European and American cities. Nigeria is cursed with wicked leaders who hate to replicate what they see in foreign countries and the citizens are gullible and myopic who don't know what development is all about to demand for it. Some Nigerians get disappointed when they get to Nairobi or Harare because these places are by far better and more organized than their glorified Lagos, which to them is a mega city.

4 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by selemempe: 8:22am On Jul 17, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
There's ethnic squabbles in Europe and Asia as well,but just not as pronounced as Africa's because most European nations are developed and independent. Even in the US,most English and German and dutch whites were originally discriminatory towards Irish and Italians who were perceived as backward,poor and underdeveloped. President John Kennedy was Irish and I'm sure he must have been opposed at first.
Discrimination may be based on disparities like developed/underdeveloped etc. For example ,an English, German or Swedish may look down on Polish and Ukrainian because Poland and Ukraine are not as developed ,and especially if there are many immigrants from those underdeveloped countries burdening the developed ones .
I think the ethnic squabbles in Nigeria are because of scramble for scarce resources and perceived injustice, not really that Igbo hates Yoruba or Calabar hates Hausa or Kanuri hates Tiv . If they all have their autonomous developed states and presidency is more ceremonial, I believe none of such squabbles would exist.
you are correct again. But you know all people can not develop equally. That's why Ukraine is not as developed as Germany even though they are all whites. The best thing is division and autonomy within one federation. In such a way that autonomous regions can still have some control over their borders. For instance...Lagos can be allowed to have power to deport destitutes to their home states. People who don't pay taxes and not original indigenes of a particular state can be deported.
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Femmymcox(m): 8:37am On Jul 17, 2020
Hopefully we learn and develop fast enough. There are resources to achieve this, that I know
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by chiiraq802(m): 8:41am On Jul 17, 2020
Rossikki:

I've been travelling since before you were born. Kindly drop the snide remarks. Who said (or cares about if) westerners go to Jamaica ''to visit Kingston'' and what has that got to do with the thrust of my post?

''Vienna city'' is a dull, antiquated place of medieval architecture that only a colonised African will value over modern, vibrant, colourful, bustling African cities like Nairobi.

Nairobi, Kenya

Wait, Is this place in Kenya
pls they should shit that AFRICAN GIANT TITLE, to another country......
Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 17, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 17, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
I refused to accept your curse .....I am black and am not cursed I will change the story of my country ....

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by RenaissanceGuy: 9:18am On Jul 17, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
[s][/s]

Do you know how much iindividuals are taxed in those countries where Oxford exist?
They pay income tax, sales tax, luxury tax, property tax, parking fees, license fees, all kinds of levies. Over here in Lagos they ask you to pay ordinary income tax na wahala, but you want look like Oxford. I smh!
Everything is not about taxing or more money. What does it take to make high brow streets look like their counterparts in other countries? Just initiative from the city planners.

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Lordswazz(m): 9:19am On Jul 17, 2020
selemempe:
is Lagos population as large as Tokyo? It's just leadership failure... don't make excuses for it
And it's not only Lagos. Even my Enugu should look more modern than it looks
The picture below is Enugu by okpara avenue...it's like our downtown. It shouldn't be looking ordinary if we had governors that are more interested in beauty
Infact the way it even looks now is because of Sullivan
Even as this Enugu by Okpara Avenue from the above picture is looking modestly okay, do you see those guys with wheelbarrows vending fruits? Well, that's the problem. If any state government works hard enough to make any city almost at par with the Viennas and the Londons, how do you deal with the influx of the gazillions of poor people that will troop in from other poor states looking for economic opportunities by hawking, vending in wheelbarrows everywhere. Abi you wan prevent them from coming into the state even when they have valid certifications as bonafide citizens of Nigeria?

For me, i believe that except the poverty index of majority of the country's citizens is improved considerably (which is verrrry difficult but not impossible), and other states also improve in infrastructure and aesthetics, any attempt at one state or city alone in Nigeria urbanizing itself will experience so much influx of traffic from other states and cities that it will virtually ruin all its effort and bring you back to square one.

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by forgiveness: 9:31am On Jul 17, 2020
Rossikki:

Getting rid of those gates and fences is essential to creating room for wide sidewalks. The security-conscious business owners will need an assurance of 24 hour police patrols and high tech surveillance of the streets to protect their businesses. This is what happens in business districts around the world.

Exactly! Security becomes necessary because without this the business are vulnerable to hoodlums and buglers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boss Mustapha: Osinbajo Committed To Indivisibility Of Nigeria / Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals / APC To Extend Deadline For Submission Of Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.