Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack (24314 Views)

Twitter Hack: Florida Teenager Arrested / US Investigates Nigerian Fraudster Ring For Fake Unemployment Claims / Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by GeneralPula: 6:02am On Jul 17, 2020
Dead on arrival investigation!
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by Karlifate: 6:04am On Jul 17, 2020
Issiijay:

The BBC can report from a security source that a web address - cryptoforhealth.com - to which the hacked tweet directed users was registered by a cyber-attacker using the email address mkeyworthy5@gmail.com.

The name "Anthony Elias" was used to register the website, but may be a pseudonym - it appears to be a play on an "alias".
They will be bursted, except they don't use internet or any form of social media.

FBI, I commot cap for una. shocked
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by juniorstar(m): 6:08am On Jul 17, 2020
hope say naija guy no be admin for twitter. na im dey go 1st suspect oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by Jacku: 6:14am On Jul 17, 2020
Hmmm... One just needs to be careful o. Tryout this Airtel code of *444# to recharge and buy airtime with any bank

1 Share

Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by Vulcanheph(m): 6:15am On Jul 17, 2020
This is definitely an inside job.....and the interesting thing is that , they didn't hack trump's account Which shows that whoever is responsible for this knows what's they are doing.
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by sapientia(m): 6:23am On Jul 17, 2020
Waste of time
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 17, 2020
Vulcanheph:
This is definitely an inside job.....and the interesting thing is that , they didn't hack trump's account Which shows that whoever is responsible for this knows what's they are doing.
why exactly will a sane human being hack the account of president of USA?
This investigation is just normal fraud and hacking but if they had included Trump in their rubbish, it would have been a major scandal and serious issue of national security there would have been an international shitstorm of galactic proportion raining on whichever country the hackers are from.
USA are very vindictive and they are obsessed with not being humiliated
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by Naijaarchive(m): 6:42am On Jul 17, 2020
Humblega:
If they eventually catch some1................................His/her jail term will b measure with tape measure.

More like stone throwing with catapult grin
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by anonymous1759(m): 6:44am On Jul 17, 2020
Waiting for them to blame Nigerians and nonsense youth to support them. If the hackers are Chinese , Russians or Americans the media Will ne on low key and our youths won't criticize them but cry wolf when they burst theirs .
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by Openbusiness4: 6:52am On Jul 17, 2020
rowland545:
This will be the most untraceable scam ever
....Bitcoin is so secure that u can't track the user bcus there is barely any info.

There best bet is to investigate there employee bcus its clear they gave the hackers access from the inside....I wonder y Nigerian politicians r not considering laundering money through Bitcoin.

Oooh I forgot they r old school thiefs
Bitcoin is not as untraceable as you think. Oyinbo do biro, na d same Oyinbo do eraser. They will be found. But the problem is the money might not be recovered, because those hackers will quickly sell those coins for real cash to other (mumu) bitcoin buyers grin
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by chibatov(m): 7:10am On Jul 17, 2020
Astrologyfact:
grin All the Best for Them!

Mean While
Shootout to Slawormir...(God be with you.)
Lol is he banned?
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by olugabbie(m): 7:14am On Jul 17, 2020
gambia:
The Internet is no longer secure. Crime doesn't pay, they will surely be caught.

Lol! What if the hackers are in another country?
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by spiritmasquerad(m): 7:16am On Jul 17, 2020
Psylas2:
Cool
Dude send me the link for the tweet you posted
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by JustcallmeFavou(f): 7:22am On Jul 17, 2020
Davicl:
I shall see....... For those that use Twitter tho, but how can one person be using Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, telegram, IMO, etc shocked shocked shocked

Am telling you. And they keep up with everything ooo on a daily basis.

I hope the hackers are not Nigerians though. We no dey carry last for this kind thing...
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by Small080(m): 7:22am On Jul 17, 2020
You kidnapped hushpuppi from Dubai to USA.... This is the out come, Hushpuppi family is not fighting with you grin grin
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by Lighthammer(m): 7:36am On Jul 17, 2020
Am plus 1 today o,show me love ntin to celebrate birthday with o am grateful for the gift of life sha

11 Likes

Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by abiodun122(m): 7:40am On Jul 17, 2020
they will d blame on Russia or China the usual suspects
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by Vulcanheph(m): 7:41am On Jul 17, 2020
Nuel4:
why exactly will a sane human being hack the account of president of USA?
This investigation is just normal fraud and hacking but if they had included Trump in their rubbish, it would have been a major scandal and serious issue of national security there would have been an international shitstorm of galactic proportion raining on whichever country the hackers are from.
USA are very vindictive and they are obsessed with not being humiliated
My point exactly.....if the could Hack the accounts of elon musk, lack dorsey and many other prominent americans then Trump's account is just a piece of Cake, but they know that the act will have major consequences on them.....
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by chatinent: 7:42am On Jul 17, 2020
Twitter should be sued!
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by Ustec: 7:48am On Jul 17, 2020
rowland545:
through Bitcoin wallet....it's almost impossible
Your bitcoin is the only thing that is secure because no one knows where it is saved.
But your wallet account details can be traced and hacked, so stop saying it can't be traced.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by samuelgodson(m): 8:04am On Jul 17, 2020
Ustec:

Your bitcoin is the only thing that is secure because no knows where it is saved.
But your wallet account details can be traced and hacked, so stop saying it can't be traced.
aje.....nd most websites store cookies......nd also register the IP address..... nobody should even say dey will use VPN.....most VPN companies are already compromised....... definitely the hacker will definitely make a mistake.....
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by Clothingonline9(m): 8:18am On Jul 17, 2020
You want popular Turkey brands at affordable price kindly DM now men clothing payment on delivery within Lagos Nationwide delivery available
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by rhymz(m): 8:32am On Jul 17, 2020
rowland545:
....Bitcoin is so secure that u can't track the user bcus there is barely any info.

There best bet is to investigate there employee bcus its clear they gave the hackers access from the inside....I wonder y Nigerian politicians r not considering laundering money through Bitcoin.

you obviously fo not use bitcoins else you no go talk this secure gist again.....
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by Airtimex(m): 8:34am On Jul 17, 2020
tillaman:
Na greed dey kill most people why person go tell you to send them money so they can send you double that amount?? It’s just amazing how people fall for some scams
Send me $1k worth of btc so I can send you $3k worth of btc in return angry

Doesn't make sense my bro. Only greed can make a person fall for such.
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by rhymz(m): 8:49am On Jul 17, 2020
rowland545:

you obviously do not use bitcoins else you no go talk this secure gist again.....
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by GreenDee(f): 8:51am On Jul 17, 2020
What a nice move

Dm me for your logos, flyer design and video adverts.
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by Nairalandmonika: 8:51am On Jul 17, 2020
rawtouch:
grin

has to be an insider job
Ya, my thought is someone probably changed the email of those prominent account from the inside?
From there, all the hackers had to do was password reset.
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by lonelydora: 8:57am On Jul 17, 2020
Davicl:
I shall see....... For those that use Twitter tho, but how can one person be using Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, telegram, IMO, etc shocked shocked shocked

The day you will come on Twitter, you will delete facebook.
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by Psylas2: 9:15am On Jul 17, 2020
Re: Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack by DelphiOracle(m): 9:58am On Jul 17, 2020
Astrologyfact:
grin All the Best for Them!

Mean While
Shootout to Slawormir...(God be with you.)
wetin d guy do?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boy Who Breaks Into Schools In Delta To Burn Books Of Students, Nabbed (Photos) / Christopher Akpotohwo 'Akpos London' Attacked By Cultist In Obiaruku (Graphic) / Baby Who Was Stolen At A Burial In Imo Finally Reunited With Her Family. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.