Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance - Minister Of Health, Ehanire Osagie Tells Doc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance - Minister Of Health, Ehanire Osagie Tells Doc (256 Views)

El-Rufai's Wife, Hadiza Visits Her Farm: Husband Won’t Pay Ransom If Kidnapped / US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG / Peeled Leather Chair Of Osagie Emmanuel Ehanire, Nigeria's Minister Of Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance - Minister Of Health, Ehanire Osagie Tells Doc by FrankwebdevO(m): 11:02am On Jul 17, 2020
Minister of health, Ehanire Osagie has told doctors seeking to relocate that to other countries to reconsider their decision as they won't be paid hazard allowance in countries like UK.

Ehanire who insisted that they are working out a better welfare package for doctors in the country, expressed surprise over a recent report of 58 doctors who were prevented from leaving the country for the UK.

He added that he is not aware if the doctors eventually left the country. Ehanire said;

“We were all surprised to hear that they were at the airport. I think somehow or the other, it was irregular in that many of them did not have visas. I don’t know what evidence you have, maybe it’s a rumour that they have now left the country, I don’t know, but nobody should be leaving the country without visa.

“Those who have been trained by scholarship and they’re on a job have a moral responsibility to give back. Even now, we have large numbers of Nigerian doctors in the UK, in the United States, in Europe who apply to come every year to come and serve, even though they were not even trained here or they were not even trained at state expense.

“They have the obligation to come and give back to the community. It’s just a moral obligation. So, every year, it is called the diaspora health professionals initiative. Some of them spend their own money and they come here, bring equipment, materials, commodities. Every year, they come and help us.

“They really owe the country nothing, but out of a sense of obligation, which is really commendable and we are in fact trying to improve on that initiative now and to see that we get the best out of the experience and the cutting-edge knowledge and skills that they bring from abroad.

“So, even more so, those who are here, and you have been trained and you have a job, it is better to also give back to your community. And others who want to leave, Nigeria does not have a policy on restricting movement. But some countries do; some countries have that policy but we don’t.

“We are trying to make sure that the remuneration is good. I think we are one of the few countries that are actually giving this hazard allowance.

“Now, this UK where they are going to, there’s no hazard allowance. They don’t give doctors hazard allowance. You just get your salary, that’s all. I’ve spoken to doctors there and they said it’s part of their job, part of what they’re trained for.

“But here, apart from your salary, we still try to add something to it in the hope that we’re going to attract our people to stay.”

Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance - Minister Of Health, Ehanire Osagie Tells Doc by Stephenomozzy(m): 11:03am On Jul 17, 2020
This is the dumbest excuse for a "reason" I've ever heard from a supposed educated fellow.

2 Likes

Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance - Minister Of Health, Ehanire Osagie Tells Doc by itman61: 11:04am On Jul 17, 2020

Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance - Minister Of Health, Ehanire Osagie Tells Doc by FrankwebdevO(m): 11:05am On Jul 17, 2020
Dump ass nation
Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance - Minister Of Health, Ehanire Osagie Tells Doc by chatinent: 11:11am On Jul 17, 2020
Some people just reason through the anus.
Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance - Minister Of Health, Ehanire Osagie Tells Doc by flyingpig: 11:18am On Jul 17, 2020
At least they enjoy steady electricity, portable water and good governance
Talk of allowance, is it your N5,000 hazard that you can call allowance? grin Don't make me laugh
Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance - Minister Of Health, Ehanire Osagie Tells Doc by realstars: 11:29am On Jul 17, 2020
When You Meet Success Om The Cross Road.
Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance - Minister Of Health, Ehanire Osagie Tells Doc by SocialJustice: 11:38am On Jul 17, 2020
Clown.
Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance - Minister Of Health, Ehanire Osagie Tells Doc by FrankwebdevO(m): 11:52am On Jul 17, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
This is the dumbest excuse for a "reason" I've ever heard from a supposed educated fellow.

Na so we see am ooo dumbest excuse .. they think they can just give an reason and we are to believe
Re: UK Won’t Pay You Hazard Allowance - Minister Of Health, Ehanire Osagie Tells Doc by ozo13(m): 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
Useless govt officials talking about moral obligation.ppl that award contracts and still go through the back door to steal all that is meant for poor masses is talking about moral obligation

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: NDDC Acting MD Collapses During Probe Session / I’ll Send Obasanjo Back To Prison If I Become President- Ex-gov, Ayo Fayose, Say / #justice4nigeriainfo Fm Movement Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.