Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:44 PM

How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? (5927 Views)

FG Admits That Igbos Were Asked To Come Down From Buses In Sudan / Youths Asking Why Only Igbos Were Filed Into Almost 100% LP Political Positions / 2019: PDP Will Pay Dearly If Igbos Are Denied The Vice Presidential Slot - Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by mightyhazell: 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

You don't have to lie to make your point
A Yoruba man died protecting Ironsi
which yorobaman.. sb that was marked for execution by the coup plotters I tot this childish lie had been busted wide open on this forum severally

1 Like

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by sesan85(m): 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
Tranquillity360:
Where is the lies.

Why did all Igbos left west?

Because your people are cowards, lol. Your people even ran back Helter skelter to their Potopoto hellhole in 1993 because they thought there would be a war in Lagos because of June 12, lol. Bloody cowards!

2 Likes

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by mightyhazell: 7:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
sesan85:

Osu boy stop crying. Why did your ancestors march towards Ore enroute Lagos? !
They marched to Lagos to cut the head of the serpent spitting at them. Lagos was the administrative quarter from where attacks were planned and launched at them .. since the indigenes of the region sat snug and did nothing.. biafra units had to be dispatched to go quench the source of aggression..

never mind the goof by ojukwu who naively appointed a yorobaman to lead the operation

5 Likes

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by Justice35: 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2020
RichBoy247:
Start it first, thne you will see our reaction. Since Amadioha now wants to drink human blood, get blood for him nah and see the consequencies. Some idiot blood sucking herdsmen are killing, you too want to join them. So start it first, then our reaction will follow.
you get sense at all?
Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 17, 2020
Muna4real:

Answer me question the Op asked and stop typing rubbish.
I already did ... Its thread for self pity and i hope you ve filled your insecure belly to the brim
And funny enough the stupid op compared Igbos to black Americans facing racism in usa... The guy deserves a knock that will reset his brain for that stupid comparison
Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by johntolu: 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2020
Tranquillity360:
And they left Ekiti. Ogun. Ondo. Osun and Oyo because of what.

Proximity to Lagos and because of Army bases in those cities with NN soldiers.
Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 17, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Can you plant a seed and you expect it to grow and remain a seed? igbos are planting discord with selfish interest without thinking of the escalation, they haven't learned their lesson yet, they are still going around with hate speech and bitterness in their heart to others, instead of you to accept your fault and apologize to move forward.

Very flawed reasoning. The previous commenter hinted that whatever happened in the army was probably fair. Officers who ethnically identified as Igbo killed the ruling political clique and their military counterparts. Fair that there would be retaliation in light of Gen Ironsi's slow movements.

However, what happened in the streets was uncalled for. U had thousands of igbos killed and maimed across the north and west (killing here done by mostly northern soldiers). Now the so called Igbos never went out to the streets to kill other tribes in the January coup... there were no pogroms. In July and all the way till the later part of the year there was mass murder against Igbo civilians. U cant even compare. Official reports put it at over 30k, while Gowon downplayed it to between 5 to 10k. Lol 5k ppl dead in a frenzy of violence. Targeted ! Look up boko haram numbers in a 190 million ppl Nigeria and compare to these numbers in a 58 million ppl Naija.

Mind u the killing of Igbos started as far back as 1953. In fact, the cause of that particular massacre was as a result of what northerners saw as provocative rhetoric from the AG. But when they went to kill it wasnt Yoruba AG supporters that were targeted, rather it was Igbos.

Im not Igbo but the fact is that Nigeria has mad dirty linen to wash. Only a matter of time till the stench makes this country untenable. The southern encroachment of the islamic sahelian belt is upon us. The blood shed half a century ago might get its pound of flesh anytime soon. That is, if care is not taken. Fulani herdsmen and banditry will prolly not go anywhere at this rate. The keys were handed over in '67. It will take a lot to get it back.

Love it when non Igbos gloat at their predicament. As tho the megalomaniac hausa-fulani see us any different.

10 Likes

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by Tranquillity360: 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
johntolu:

Proximity to Lagos and because of Army bases in those cities with NN soldiers.
Oga igbos left your region because of attack from your people

1 Like

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by Tranquillity360: 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2020
mightyhazell:
which yorobaman.. sb that was marked for execution by the fulani authorities. I tot this childish lie had busted wide open on this forum severally
A yoruba man was killed together with Ironsi.

But because they fear north,they now changed the story.

Telling that he decided to die with Ironsi.

Cowards

2 Likes

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
Dasuks:

Very flawed reasoning. The previous commenter hinted that whatever happened in the army was probably fair. Officers who ethnically identified as Igbo killed the ruling political clique and their military counterparts. Fair that there would be retaliation in light of Gen Ironsi's slow movements.

However, what happened in the streets was uncalled for. U had thousands of igbos killed and maimed across the north and west (killing here done by mostly northern soldiers). Now the so called Igbos never went out to the streets to kill other tribes in the January coup... there were no pogroms. In July and all the way till the later part of the year there was mass murder against Igbo civilians. U cant even compare. Official reports put it at over 30k, while Gowon downplayed it to between 5 to 10k. Lol 5k ppl dead in a frenzy of violence. Targeted ! Look up boko haram numbers in a 190 million ppl Nigeria and compare to these numbers in a 58 million ppl Naija.

Mind u the killing of Igbos started as far back as 1953. In fact, the cause of that particular massacre was as a result of what northerners saw as provocative rhetoric from the AG. But when they went to kill it wasnt Yoruba AG supporters that were targeted, rather it was Igbos.

Im not Igbo but the fact is that Nigeria has mad dirty linen to wash. Only a matter of time till the stench makes this country untenable. The southern encroachment of the islamic sahelian belt is upon us. The blood shed half a century ago might get its pound of flesh anytime soon. That is, if care is not taken. Fulani herdsmen and banditry will prolly not go anywhere at this rate. The keys were handed over in '67. It will take a lot to get it back.

Love it when non Igbos gloat at their predicament. As tho the megalomaniac hausa-fulani see us any different.
Did you know that the coup this guys created killed ahmedu bello one of the most influential and important person in the north at that time

if you know how this north worship there elites you wouldn't mess with them . you can spit on them but not on there elite

2 Likes

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 17, 2020
mmars:

Did you know that the coup this guys created killed ahmedu bello one of the most influential and important person in the north at that time

if you know how this north worship there elites you wouldn't mess with them . you can spit on them but not on there elite

I know very well who was killed in that coup. All the names. Did you also know that the soldiers who blew up the sardauna's house under nzeogwu were northerners ? Nzeogwu maintained that if he could lead them and they never shot him in the back even tho they outnumbered him and had the choice to end it there, then why the talk about ethnicity. Esp as he had been to asaba only once. Back when he was 13. Lol. Referred to himself as northern. And paid visits to the British editor of the main northern daily promising to fix the mess in the ir region.

Point being that actual northerners blew up the Premier's residence and whatever elite and army squabbles there were, civilians had no business with it.

Also dont forget that ppl in Kano, Tiv areas and the west celebrated the coup. As Bello and Akintola them had suppressed non-Npc allied areas in their domains. It was afterwards when the igbo spin was applied and the counter coup carried out tht ppl act as tho they didnt jubiliate. The tempo changed and npc linked soldiers took control

Nobody had or has the right to mass murder an ethnic group. It happened in 53 all the waybtill the early 90s. The pattern for bloodlust became all too clear. In 91 when the Igbos regrouped and fought back in Kano there was talk of "peace" and bridge building.... that's all hypocrisy. Nobody else gangs up on ethnic groups to exterminate them in the country. Doesnt happen and shouldnt happen.

The next time it does, say whenever elections yield an unfavorable result, Naija might not be the same ever again.

Mind u 2011 post election violence was of the same strain. Only forgotten because the winners were satisfied with their victory and chose to overlook it.

9 Likes

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by Gabkosh: 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2020
horsepower102:

Where is the investigative report that shows it was biafrans? Please show me the report. Dont you think that northern soldiers could have done it to solidify the hearts of south westerners against biafra. That way they can gain total support.

Why would biafrans kill yoruba civillians in lagos but give safe passage to the ones in the east. Your video evidence isn't convincing.
Coward shut up.

I have shown you one with video. Until you show me and proof to me that yorubas massacred you online braves, I won't entertain any worthless question from you.

No amount of defence can save your people atrocities.

You people can wail all you like, no one cares cos you deserved what you got.

The minorities came out and exposed you people. Yet, they are not crying victim.

We have the record of your atrocities.

See him, victim crier, trying to shift what is glaring on northerner.

When they are buzzed to the corner, they shift blame. Spit. My video proof isn't convincing, but achebe's tale full of lies with no tangible proof is the one that is convincing. What an osu brain.

I have proofed to you. Proof to me that yoruba massacred you. Proof to me that ojukwu gave passage away to yorubas in the east.

I don't entertain cook and bull stories, I deal with fact.

So when you can proof that yorubas massacred you, I will give you the second one you asked for.

Stop being coward.

1 Like

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by horsepower102: 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
Dasuks:

I know very well who was killed in that coup. All the names. Did you also know that the soldiers who blew up the sardauna's house under nzeogwu were northerners ? Nzeogwu maintained that if he could lead them and they never shot him in the back even tho they outnumbered him and had the choice to end it there, then why the talk about ethnicity. Esp as he had been to asaba only once. Back when he was 13. Lol. Referred to himself as northern. And paid visits to the British editor of the main northern daily promising to fix the mess in the ir region.

Point being that actual northerners blew up the Premier's residence and whatever elite and army squabbles there were, civilians had no business with it.

Also dont forget that ppl in Kano, Tiv areas and the west celebrated the coup. As Bello and Akintola them had suppressed non-Npc allied areas in their domains. It was afterwards when the igbo spin was applied and the counter coup carried out tht ppl act as tho they didnt jubiliate. The tempo changed and npc linked soldiers took control

Nobody had or has the right to mass murder an ethnic group. It happened in 53 all the waybtill the early 90s. The pattern for bloodlust became all too clear. In 91 when the Igbos regrouped and fought back in Kano there was talk of "peace" and bridge building.... that's all hypocrisy. Nobody else gangs up on ethnic groups to exterminate them in the country. Doesnt happen and shouldnt happen.

The next time it does, say whenever elections yield an unfavorable result, Naija might not be the same ever again.

Mind u 2011 post election violence was of the same strain. Only forgotten because the winners were satisfied with their victory and chose to overlook it.

Thanks for providing valuable details. History is not taught in Nigeria because there is so much those in power wish to hide.

2 Likes

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by Gabkosh: 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2020
Tranquillity360:
A yoruba man was killed together with Ironsi.

But because they fear north,they now changed the story.

Telling that he decided to die with Ironsi.

Cowards
Lol, and you claimed the same cowards massacred your parents.

You are as confused as your father.
Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by Gabkosh: 9:08pm On Jul 17, 2020
horsepower102:

Thanks for providing valuable details.
Oga, I am waiting for your proof o. Video, picture or even reported proof.

1 Like

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by horsepower102: 9:10pm On Jul 17, 2020
Gabkosh:
Oga, I am waiting for your proof o. Video, picture or even reported proof.

I don’t wish to continue any conversation with you. You are just here for insult and irritation. Bye.
Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by Gabkosh: 9:28pm On Jul 17, 2020
horsepower102:

I don’t wish to continue any conversation with you. You are just here for insult and irritation. Bye.
Lol, you can't wish. That is a word I expected from a coward and you did not disappoint me.

I am happy I have don justice to your worthless thread. Even though I didn't come early.

You could not provide proof.

Next time before you open thread, make sure you have strong back up. You can go and eat your smelly akpu

1 Like

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by sesan85(m): 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
mightyhazell:
They marched to Lagos to cut the head of the serpent spitting at them. Lagos was the administrative quarter from where attacks were planned and launched at them .. since the indigenes of the region sat snug and did nothing.. biafra units had to be dispatched to go quench the source of aggression..

never mind the goof by ojukwu who naively appointed a yorobaman to lead the operation

Whatever! Glad you guys had your asses handed out to you at Ore.

1 Like

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by mightyhazell: 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
sesan85:

Whatever! Glad you guys had your asses handed out to you at Ore.
like I said,never mind ojukwus folly of trusting the serpent.. but that's all history now.. lessons have since been learnt

1 Like

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by sesan85(m): 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2020
mightyhazell:
like I said,never mind ojukwus folly of trusting the serpent.. but that's all history now.. lessons have since been learnt
Like I wrote, glad your ancestors got decimated at Ore.

1 Like

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by ludd2018: 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
Is Nigeria quiet about fulanis herdsmen killers.

Yes none of them in Jail n police protecting them . Flag carrying Ipob members being killed every day n jailed
Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by Fantasticcc: 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
sesan85:

Haahahahahahaha! Potopoto Osu IPOB pigs and empty chest-beating, lol. Abeg swerve, online warrior. Small thing now you'll start crying and writing petition to Tlump, Putin, Netanyahu, Ecowas, AU, EU, UN, The Hague, UEFA, CAF, FIFA, lol.
Another jobless Yoruba miscreant who thinks his hopeless opinions matter.may your life and generation be like one Nigeria.amen

2 Likes

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by ludd2018: 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2020
IamWonderful:
igbos should have think of the outcome before they started it, "blood is thicker than water" and fulani make the blood flow, when you planted acrimony be expecting to reap animosity

Then they should allowed to go to Biafra
Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by sesan85(m): 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2020
Fantasticcc:
Another jobless Yoruba miscreant who thinks his hopeless opinions matter.may your life and generation be like one Nigeria.amen

And may your life and generation be like rejected Osu outcastes, amen.

1 Like

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by kingzizzy: 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2020
rdokoye:
I know it's just a hypothetical question, but the truth is, if Igbo people were doing what Fulani are doing, then we wouldn't be Igbo. It's our behaviour that makes us what we are. We don't go around murdering people - so it's a pointless hypothetical.

As far as government perception between IPOB and the Fulani Herdsman. The Nigerian state perceives the Fulani as insignificant, as they don't provide or offer the state anything it can't easily replace. Whereas IPOB is advocating for the fragmentation of Nigeria, essentially the end of Nigeria. That's why the Herdsman are called criminals, and IPOB are called terrorists.

Ok, let me get what you mean. The Fulani herdsmen armed with AK47, killing people, destroying communities and farmlands and raping women are just criminals? But IPOB that are only armed with flags and their mouth, protesting for a referendum to let them decide if they want to be part of Nigeria, are terrorists?

Chei! Africans, who did this to us?

5 Likes

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by mightyhazell: 10:42pm On Jul 17, 2020
sesan85:
But yo warped emotions hardly count here. you're inconsequential

3 Likes

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by mightyhazell: 10:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
Fantasticcc:
probably an unkempt lowlife still squatting with his elderly folks in one brown roofed mud somewhere in obomosho slums.. u can tell by their irrational thinking ,hatred and jealousy of igbos.. they can rationalise anything against igbos. even if it kills them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by ejighikemeuwa: 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Why didn't igbos think before killing their masters, did they think there wouldn't be retributions.
Stop talking so foolishly in the public.

5 Likes

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by tungamaje: 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
Gabkosh:
Don't mind the mumu. Their fathers that told them the lies didn't remember to tell them how they bombed casino cinema in lagos, killing innocent yoruba men, women and children.

But you claimed Yorubas didn't attack Igbos. But here you admit they bombed a casino in Lagos and killed innocent Yoruba civillians. Then it follows that Yorubas must have attacked Igbos though maybe out of revenge. However I haven;t read your answer to the OP's question. According to him Nigerians are helpless over the atrocities being committed by Fulani herdsmen. How would you react if these killings were perpetrated by the Igbos, that's his question

1 Like

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by tungamaje: 11:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
sesan85:
I read here on Nairaland that Banjo a Yoruba man led the Biafran troops heading to Lagos. As he approached Ore, he cowardly turned back without firing a shot

Banjo and his team moved quickly. He was able to capture Benin City in less than 24 hours.
By the time his division took a break, he and his soldiers were able to get within 300 kilometres of the Nigerian capital Lagos.
Something changed when they tried to enter Lagos. The Biafran offensive on Lagos started heavily and with purpose. Reports of that time say it moved at a “lighting quick speed” but midway, Banjo, along with his fellow commanders, Okonkwo and Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna stopped and turned their army back to Biafra. On getting back to Biafra, Ojukwu had the soldiers detained.

https://www.nairaland.com/5979187/heard-yoruba-biafran#91525417
Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by Apawicked: 11:56pm On Jul 17, 2020
horsepower102:

Yes.

Success leads to jealousy
Jealousy leads to fear of taking over
FEAR leads to hatred
Hatred leads to violence
Violence leads to genocide.

As you can see, it’s a slippery slope.
this piece below says it all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would Nigerians React If Igbos Were Killing People Like Fulanis? by sesan85(m): 12:01am On Jul 18, 2020
mightyhazell:
But yo warped emotions hardly count here. you're inconsequential

Still doesn't make up for the debilitating losses/defeats your Osu IPOB ancestors suffered though. Your tears are understandable anyway.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Back-Up Employment With Productivity, Reduce Expenditure — Kalu Tells FG, State / Pictures Of Maj Gen T.A Lagbaja With His Boys In NW Before His Appointment / Ooni Of Ife Is Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.