Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing (27293 Views)

El-Rufai Urges To FG Declare Bandits As Terrorists / Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Sheik Gumi For Describing Bandits As 'Victims' / Buhari Donates Two Cows To Corpers In Katsina For Sallah Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Broadmind: 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
Just share the money to your bandits and don't fool us. All AK47 you recovered will still be shared back to them during next election as usual. We are not cows.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Jeffyblaq(m): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
This is stupidly funny.

Like for real.
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Jeffyblaq(m): 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
majamajic:

It's a gesture , they need withdraw those arms from bandits , with that peace will come back , nice move !
Oga.

You make no sense

But itz yuh opinion.
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Judybash93(m): 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2020
Don't negotiate with terrorists
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by osazee12(m): 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2020
You want quick financial success in Nigeria with Govt backing? Take up arms against the state.

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Louisboy22(m): 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ezeego1:

They were cheated, the cost of AK47 could afford to buy two cows and still have some change to flex up.
thanks my brother i was actually surprised people are saying sell one cow and buy AK 47 because i know one cow can't buy AK 47

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by smallsmall: 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2020
ContractKiller:
Repentant bandits in Nigeria’s north-western state of Zamfara are being offered two cows for every AK-47 they surrender.

[img]https://images./1EbfLt0FW2HjVJ7GL9w4ii.png[/img]

It is an attempt to encourage them to give up a life of crime and live a normal life as responsible citizens, Zamfara Governor Bello Matawalle says.

Motorcycle-riding armed bandits operating out of abandoned forest reserves are ransacking communities in Zamfara and nearby Katsina and Sokoto states.

They often loot shops, steal cattle and grain, and take people hostage for ransom.

In a recent attack in Zamfara state, 21 people were killed in Talata Mafara town by armed bandits.

Most people are into agriculture in Zamfara state, where the motto is "farming is our pride".

“These bandits who choose to repent initially sold their cows to buy guns and now that they want a life free of criminality we are asking them to bring us an AK-47 and get two cows in return, this will empower and encourage them,” Mr Matawalle said in a statement.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-africa-47639452?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5f117cac3f5a810661fe2569%26Repentant+Nigerian+bandits+offered+cows+for+AK-47s%262020-07-17T10%3A33%3A44.476Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn%3Aasset%3A5ee6cf32-ecd9-46cb-b85c-8d8b8e3f370d&pinned_post_asset_id=5f117cac3f5a810661fe2569&pinned_post_type=share&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_campaign=64&at_custom3=BBC+Africa&at_medium=custom7&at_custom2=twitter&at_custom4=4B22B300-C81B-11EA-9534-5BAC96E8478F

This is just a Cowardly ploy to further strengthen the hand of the Terrorists, a.k.a Bandits, according to Buhari.
How come it is only inthe North that Criminals are pampered, given money and Cows to repent yet their Terrorists activities are on the increase, despite all these incentives?

Since Buhari started sending these Terrorist-Fulani Herdsmen Abroad, giving them huge sums of Money, building houses for them with our Tax and Resources from Southern Nigeria,
How come they have not stopped Ambushing Killing Nigerian Soldiers?
How come it did not stop them from destroying his Home State of Katsina?
How come it has not stopped the Genocide in the Middle Belt?
How come Security has not improcved but is getting worse in the North East /Adamawa areas?
How come Boko Haram and ISWAP have not laid down their Arms?

Northern leaders and Politicians need to stop this FAILED POLICY of trying to appease the TERRORISTS, if they are not actually their sponsor, since Buhari is their LIFE PATRON.

There are ordinary "aggrieved people" who turn to criminality to draw attention to INJUSTICE or their cause, (example is the Niger Delta militants) if you appease those type of 'criminals' they will sheath their Sword and come to the table
.... but No amount of Appeasing can bring BLOOD THIRSTY TERRORISTS like "Buhair's Imported" Fulani Herdsmen, Boko Haram or ISWAP to the table, YOU WIPE THEM OUT WITH ALL YOU GOT.

Unfortunately, Nigeria is currently being ruled by a lover and enabler of Terrorists

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by trutht828: 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2020
inoki247:
if na wetin go make dem stop d killing is a welcome sturv.... No be everytime u go dey beat pikin if u want make e sabi book sometimes u av to buy him Biscuits or Sweet so u can get d result u are looking for...

@majamajic
@inoki247
This is a very good business incentive. All I need to do is to steal or make gun locally and kill some people. I'm certain I will get two cows in exchange for the gun. The more guns I return, the more cows I get. Who says crime doesn't pay? It pays in Nigeria.

So, Mr inoki247, this will never stop this criminality but promote and encourage it.
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by preshOnogwu1(m): 1:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
So there's nothing like justice in this country again abi
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Jeffy1206(m): 1:18pm On Jul 17, 2020
Holy shiits angry undecided undecided
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Makavelli25: 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
JohnOkolo:

You are so blessed
Thank you sir
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Farki: 1:24pm On Jul 17, 2020
They should be offered bullets instead of cows. Giving terrorists what they want will provide incentives for them to keep terrorising.
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Parablesonmarble: 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2020
spacofadan:
Reward for criminality. Tell me another joke

Rewarding criminality is standing logic on its head to normal people but it is pure wisdom from heaven to our dear northern leaders and their likes on NL. Is this a glimpse of their road map to one Nigeria? SMH.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Farki: 1:27pm On Jul 17, 2020
majamajic:

U prefer the AK be with bandits ?

Seems u value cows than people's lives

It's not about the cows, it seems you are not familiar with the parable of the broken window.
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Viking007(m): 1:27pm On Jul 17, 2020
majamajic:

Leaving the guns with them means they will kill more , withdraw is to stop

If u leave the gun sir , will it have any effect on those they killed before ?
I don't understand u , besides bandits are not caught , they are pleading them to come forward. Not arrested bandits
I don't think you're normal.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by boscho(m): 1:28pm On Jul 17, 2020
This idea looks good but I think it will still aggravate the killings. It wont stop the killing, you give them cows they still do overgrazing and kill any Farmer that challenges them. I believe its not about gift but changing their mindsets first. Everything they are doing is as a result of the state of their mind, if they like they should give them 60% of land area in Nigeria, their mind sets will still cause them to kill. in fact I believe this is an opportunity for them to increase their wealth. U will start seeing them dropping some of their amunitions for their gifts but they would still hide the ones they need for their evil agenda. This is my opinion
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Enyimbamercedes: 1:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
Question is...

Who gave them AK-47s? What did the bandits give before they were given AK-47s?

in the south, you seize pump actions and locally-made pistols; in the North you offer cows for guns?
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Diamondplus1805(m): 1:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
No more Intelligence Gathering , Temporary Solution, They will soon demand 10 Cows for each
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Jannyjames: 1:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
I dont understand what is nice here, did they provide where to keep the cow or they should use it to destroy other peoples crops?
Wow this is nice[/quote]
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Rebuke: 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2020
inoki247:
if na wetin go make dem stop d killing is a welcome sturv.... No be everytime u go dey beat pikin if u want make e sabi book sometimes u av to buy him Biscuits or Sweet so u can get d result u are looking for...

Like seriously? So yhu have to give an incentive to criminals and murderers to stop killing innocent people?

Yhu must be kidding or just incredibly stupid!
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by grandstar(m): 1:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
Waste of cows. These marauder bands need to be crushed. Block all escape routes
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by bizhop01: 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
This can only happen in zoo
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
majamajic:

It's a gesture , they need withdraw those arms from bandits , with that peace will come back , nice move !

Really? Conflict resolution that linear to u ? Proper disarmament demobilization and reintegration programs are bit more holistic.

Nothing stops a bandit from collecting and still continuing a life in crime. Arms can be easily sourced to be submitted for the cows...

Or u expect favorable outcomes from offering such a simplistic move ? just a pair of cows ? These guys aren't just robbers. They've grounded entire villages and coopted the traditional authority structures to serve their aims. Methodic use of sexual violence, kidnapping and murder to coerce the citizenry and the cover of the forest for hiding from authorities.

If u want to stop them u might as well auction off Nigeria's entire 19 million head of cattle and see if they will stop...
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Israeljones(m): 1:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
So what they are telling us now is that there are some reward for being a bandit afterall...
what a country... Now i know why Oluomo is being celebrated
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Donniest22(m): 1:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
I have two rounds of ammunition and a M4
How many cows will I get grin
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Yankee101: 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2020
You can get from 100k upwards depending on the source

Sometimes they get it for free from fleeing policemen and soldiers

Louisboy22:
how much is for AK 47?
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Sardauna24(m): 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
inoki247:
Very nice comment!! but some pple will not know the rationale behind doing this by the governor
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by YoungAncient1: 1:51pm On Jul 17, 2020
Don't start what you can't keep up. Do you know how many weapons these sons of the marabout have
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Kubernetes: 1:52pm On Jul 17, 2020
spacofadan:
Reward for criminality. Tell me another joke

The governor is helpless.
The police and the army,all under the federal government cannot stop the bandits.
This seems to be his only option as there is no state police.
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
majamajic:
Wow this is nice

Honestly, this just means that; herdsmen are the terrorist. Thankyou
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by mrmattolanrewaju(m): 1:56pm On Jul 17, 2020
Then probably the criminals in various Nigerian prisons too should be forgiven and made to repent since we all want to be mad in this country sad
Re: Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 17, 2020
What is my own concern
It is kuku there black ass they are raiding and killing
Aboki no wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Attends Wedding Of Shehu Of Borno’s Daughter & The Emir Of Lafia Son / Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention / Osun Rerun: Why Some Voters Were Blocked From Polling Units – Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.