Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Spot-check: Did Amina Mohammed Beat Okonjo Iweala For The Wto’s Top Job? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Spot-check: Did Amina Mohammed Beat Okonjo Iweala For The Wto’s Top Job? (912 Views)

Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job / Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job / President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spot-check: Did Amina Mohammed Beat Okonjo Iweala For The Wto’s Top Job? by Shehuyinka: 12:18pm On Jul 17, 2020
ON Thursday, July 16, Dele Momodu, a Nigerian journalist and publisher of The Ovation magazine claimed that Kenya’s Amina Mohammed has beaten Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala for the World Trade Organization (WTO) Director-General’s position.

The claim which was started with the kicker “Breaking News” was tweeted on his twitter handle @DeleMomodu around 6:30pm.

Momodu has over 1.2 million followers on his verified handle. The tweet garnered 370 likes, 170 retweets and 64 comments before it was deleted.

A news medium, City News also posted a similar report on its website.

CLAIM

The tweet reads: “Breaking News: Kenya’s Amina Mohammed beats Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo Iweala for the WTO’S top Job.

The claim here is : Did Kenya’s Amina Mohammed beats Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo Iweala for the WTO’s top job?

FINDINGS

Findings by THE ICIR revealed that although both Okonjo Iweala and Amina Mohammed are among the eight contestants jostling for the position of the WTO’s Director-General position, no one has been elected for the position.

While Amina Mohammed is Kenya’s candidate for the job , Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Nigeria’s former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy is the Nigeria’s candidate for the same job.

A check on the WTO’s website further revealed that nomination period for the 2020 DG selection process ended on 8 July and they are currently at the phase where the candidates are being invited to meet with members at a special General Council meeting, which is scheduled to hold from 15 to 17 July.

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/spot-check-did-amina-mohammed-beat-okonjo-iweala-for-the-wtos-top-job/

Re: Spot-check: Did Amina Mohammed Beat Okonjo Iweala For The Wto’s Top Job? by saheedbadmus(m): 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2020
Now I know why davido called uncle dele. ( Dele na my boy) cos daddy dele likes behaving like a boy .. why spread false news na

1 Like

Re: Spot-check: Did Amina Mohammed Beat Okonjo Iweala For The Wto’s Top Job? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
Dele Momodu and fake news.

No wonder Davido sey Mr. Dele na my boy tongue
Re: Spot-check: Did Amina Mohammed Beat Okonjo Iweala For The Wto’s Top Job? by johnykgoal: 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2020
lol
Re: Spot-check: Did Amina Mohammed Beat Okonjo Iweala For The Wto’s Top Job? by SmartProf(m): 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2020
It's not a competition, they are all excellently qualified and have put themselves up to serve the world. Any of them who emerges will be humble in victory knowing fully well others are top notch success stories already and will continue in their giant strides in other facet of life. This is not a higher institution class rep position where once you emerge, u'll think you are king because u've been given a chance to hold the class marker pen and submit your colleagues assignments.
Re: Spot-check: Did Amina Mohammed Beat Okonjo Iweala For The Wto’s Top Job? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
when ngozi okonjo spokesperson said that many Nigerians are working against her candidature...

you don't need a soothsayer to tell you who they are..

dele mamoudu and his people...are irredeemable

1 Like

Re: Spot-check: Did Amina Mohammed Beat Okonjo Iweala For The Wto’s Top Job? by JAMO84: 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
To be candid, that Kenya woman has more brain in her fingers than Ngozi has in the whole of her puff puff body. I drew my conclusion from watching both women in the Q&A session.
Re: Spot-check: Did Amina Mohammed Beat Okonjo Iweala For The Wto’s Top Job? by OfoIgbo: 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
JAMO84:
To be candid, that Kenya woman has more brain in her fingers than Ngozi has in the whole of her puff puff body. I drew my conclusion from watching both women in the Q&A session.

That's exactly what you SW almajiris thought about Kemi Adeosun, until she showed us what she was all about. FORGERY and INCOMPETENCE

Anyway, NOI is probably playing catch-up because she wasn't nominated early enough. If NOI wins it, it will be a miracle, but her late nomination will hurt her a little

(1) (Reply)

Edo People Must Stand With Obaseki And Reject Godfatherism / 2023 Presidency: Atiku Told To Back Off, As Northern Politicians Get Commendatio / Female Roommate Needed At Ibeju Lekki, Other Flats Also Available!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.