Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,676 members, 7,820,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee (38993 Views)

Akpabio Clashes With House Of Representatives Committee / Governor Wike Rescues Joy Nunieh From House Arrest (Video) / Akpabio To Joy Nunieh: 'You Married 4 Husbands' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by Oyerinde16(m): 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2020
jlinkd78:
1:58pm her testifying still on but punch has rushed to post. Our professional journalists in quest to be d first to break news often fall hands. How come u have published a developing news when it's now dat d fearless woman is raping Akpabio. 2.01 pm , she just finished what has turned out to be an expository session that will land Akpabio in prison if truly d FG is fighting corruption. Pls d embattled personality now is Akpabio no more this woman

Your post came in at 1:56, while your TV stated 1:58... Iam not understanding.... Ar u ahead of time

1 Like

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by Ijaya123: 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
Zico5:
How can someone who claimed to be fighting corruption be silent upon all these brouhaha happening all over. Buhari is just a rogue hidden under the mantra of integrity to perpetuate grand fraud Nigeria has ever witnessed.

What exactly do you expect Buhari to do when an investigationinto fraud is still ongoing?
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by FlamesD: 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
Where is our justice system? The ones we have given charge to guard our yams have devoured them all.
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by omenka(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
flyingpig:
under this system, not even Jesus can save Nigeria from corruption. The structure needs to be re-constructed otherwise a mere figure head who wants to fight corruption will always fail.

Learn your lesson today. Nobody can save Nigeria from corruption until it is re-constructed (the country).
Reconstruction we all desire, yes, but I don't believe it is the panacea to fixing our endless range of problems.

Look at it this way, even when we reconstruct, those who are going to oversee the affairs of the state aren't going to be brought in from Mars, na still we naija people, and the average Nigerian seem to have this nearly uncontrollable urge to steal from the public purse when given the opportunity.

I could recollect what happened a couple of years ago, I think 2015, when we were rooting for Baba. One of the nairalanders here with whom i interact offline and who knows the nature of my work, told me something that took me aback, but i never made him/her know how i felt about his/her opinion. I work in an office where the fate of many lies in my hands and it is a place where people are constantly seeking to cut corners, and i sit right in the centre of where everyone passes through and where the OK sign is given. Women came with their bodies, men came with their monies, I could have it all!

But you know what, I did none of that and I could beat my chest anywhere I go and challenge anyone who thinks otherwise to come forward with their evidence.

It was very simply to be honest and incorruptible.

So this Nairaland friend of mine, who also was a fervent Buharist, advised I should shun all that righteousness bullshit and help myself. That me alone can't change the narrative of corruption in the country. So I wondered to myself, why would someone who's such a hardcore Buharist be advising that I engage in such? I just couldnt get it.

Now, I don't know the reason why others support Buhari as much as they did or still do, but I did for one reason ESPECIALLY- his staunch anticorruption standing!

Now, the reason why I wouldn't buy the argument no president can change the narrative is because all it takes to change that narrative is to disincentivise corruption by severely punishing errant appointees! Dem no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall bros.

In addition, if yourself, your friends, brothers and sisters, myself, etc, chose to, in our little ways (just like I explained I've been doing) choose to lead honest and corruptophobic lives, the system itself would reflect our individual attributes.

We are the problem, not the system.

3 Likes

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by omenka(m): 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2020
amazinghomez09:
nnn
Lol. When I get the bar, I go show.
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by Balenciagabrain: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
omenka:
Crooks probing crooks.

I hope she tells them where she got the money to build that castle where from Wike saved her soul.

2023 should be here already.
if you listened to the session, you would hear her say that her father is a senator and that she is comfortable enough on her own.
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by Ijaya123: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
Adetayo18:

Exactly how it is walai.....crooks probing crooks...

President always doing like he's against corruption...I no Sabi how silence go curb corruption...

You obviously don't know about the warning and directives the president gave to all parties involved in this investigation.
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by flyingpig: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
omenka:
Reconstruction we all desire, yes, but I don't believe it is the panacea to fixing our endless range of problems.

Look at it this way, even when we reconstruct, those who are going to oversee the affairs of the state aren't going to be brought in from Mars, na still we naija people, and the average Nigerian seem to have this nearly uncontrollable urge to steal from the public purse when given the opportunity.

I could recollect what happened a couple of years ago, I think 2015, when we were rooting for Baba. One of the nairalanders here with whom i interact offline and who knows the nature of my work, told me something that took me aback, but i never made him/her know how i felt about his/her opinion. I work in an office where the fate of many lies in my hands and it is a place where people are constantly seeking to cut corners, and i sit right in the centre of where everyone passes through and where the OK sign is given. Women came with their bodies, men came with their monies, I could have it all!

But you know what, I did none of that and I could beat my chest anywhere I go and challenge anyone who thinks otherwise to come forward with their evidence.

So this Nairaland friend of mine, who also was a fervent Buharist, advised I should shun all that righteousness bullshit and help myself. That me alone can't change the narrative of corruption in the country. So I wondered to myself, why would someone who's such a hardcore Buharist be advising that I engage in such? I just couldnt get it.

Now, I don't know the reason why others support Buhari as much as they did or still do, but I did for one reason ESPECIALLY- his staunch anticorruption standing!

Now, the reason why I wouldn't buy the argument no president can change the narrative is because all it takes to change that narrative is to disincentivise corruption by severely punishing errant appointees! Dem no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall bros.

In addition, if yourself, your friends, brothers and sisters, myself, etc, chose to, in our little ways (just like I explained I've been doing) choose to lead honest and corruptophobic lives, the system itself would reflect our individual attributes.

How Do you expect Buhari to fight corruption when he was guided into power by fantastically corrupt men? Atiku was in his camp, saraki was in his camp, tinubu was in his camp, kwankwaso was in his camp. Will he now win election, then look round and start arresting those same powerful men who gave him victory? Is that what you expect someone who had signed oaths to do?

2 Likes

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by omenka(m): 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2020
Balenciagabrain:
if you listened to the session, you would hear her say that her father is a senator and that she is comfortable enough on her own.
Oh come on!! Spare me that. If that is the reason, why would anyone question Yosuf for owning a power bike or Kiki for owning a Spar?

They're all crooks.

1 Like

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2020
codedguy1:
grin grin

But still yet, nothing will happen even if she reveals that $10trillion was stolen.

Na Naija we dey.

Yet or still

Choose one

1 Like

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by omenka(m): 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2020
flyingpig:
How Do you expect Buhari to fight corruption when he was guided into power by fantastically corrupt men? Atiku was in his camp, saraki was in his camp, tinubu was in his camp, kwankwaso was in his camp. Will he now win election, then look round and start arresting those same powerful men who gave him victory? Is that what you expect someone who had signed oaths to do?
Signed oaths to do what? The principal oath he signed was the oath to defend the Nigerian constitution and act within it's legal framework. And his allegiance first and foremost, should be to Nigeria and not a group of *powerful persons who made him president*.

Forget stories. If you no wan work, you no wan work, period.

The position I held wasn't by promotion, but by appointment, and some persons lobbied to put me there. The same persons asked for favours which I felt ran contrary to my principles and I declined. Heaven did not fall!

We can't keep making flimsy excuses for our failures abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by Sunnyja: 4:12pm On Jul 17, 2020
PIMPAR:

This would have been family affairs under your loving Tax collectors party. It would have not come to public knowledge.
Remember the probe was to unravel the stealing in NDDC since 2001
What difference has it made now that it has come to the public?! Didn't the grass cutter's deeds come to the public was he not made a campaign director in 2019 under next level. Those who hide trillions in Ikoyi flats are they not roaming freely after it was made public?! Those who recalled a pension thief and gave him double promotion are they roaming freely after it was made public.

2 Likes

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by paparazi1(m): 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2020
ednut1:
she is also part of the corruption. where is her NYSC cert lol
Some of
you are just here to post trash. Do you know the lady in question. She probably would have graduated from law
school when you were still battling with neco, yet you have the impetus to ask of NYSC Certificate.

1 Like

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by flyingpig: 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
omenka:
Signed oaths to do what? The principal oath he signed was the oath to defend the Nigerian constitution and act within it's legal framework. And his allegiance first and foremost, should be to Nigeria and not a group of *powerful persons who made him president*.

Forget stories. If you no wan work, you no wan work, period.

The position I held wasn't by promotion, but by appointment, and some persons lobbied to put me there. The same persons asked for favours which I felt ran contrary to my principles and I declined. Heaven did not fall!

We can't keep making flimsy excuses for our failures abeg.
See, the polity has been structured in a way you must ride on the back of corrupt oligarchs to clinch the presidency and any other political position. Just because you're in abroad where heaven can't fall when you turn your back on godfathers doesn't mean heaven won't fall in Nigeria, otherwise I can't explain why buhari suddenly lost his swollen balls.

Structure the polity in a way it'll be very less costly, place capital death on convicted politicians, and ensure the judiciary who it will be in their hands, is is structured to ensure swift and honest judgement, that is the reconstruction I'm talking about.

You expect one figure head to fight corruption in 36 forking states? As well as the diverse parastatayls and agencies of government? Do you realise how wide Nigeria is? Why don't you reconstruct it and watch corrupt men and women abandon politics out of fear. Will the president live forever that he'll keep fighting corruption even from grave?

A true democracy is characterized by strong institutions, and not just strong men.

Ekwusigo m

1 Like

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by Arysexy(m): 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
Keneeby:

What makes Governor Wike real man? a man who was trying to cover up corruption is now the real man? my friend, use your head

How was Wike trying to cover up corruption? Are u mentally ok?

How come the woman is testifying now? Who sent the kidnappers that tried stopping her from going to Abj yesterday? How come the IG, and CP of Rivers state were not aware of the presence of the kidnappers?

Wike rescued the woman and made sure the attempt to stop her from testifying was scuttled.

So who is covering corruption? Wike or Akpabio?

The truth shall set you free...
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by paparazi1(m): 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2020
omenka:
Crooks probing crooks.

I hope she tells them where she got the money to build that castle where from Wike saved her soul.

Do you know the lady is question? There was an ijaw lady that got married to
a grandpa, a SAN, a billionaire bec of wealth that went viral on social media when their
traditional wedding video surface online few years back? That lady is the first daugther of the said man. The family
is looking for who to help them spent their money. The last time i checked around 2003, her two daughters have not
spent a night in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by calabardick(m): 5:53pm On Jul 17, 2020
Goodbye Godswill Obot Akpabio aka the uncommon fraudstar
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by Saskatchewan57(m): 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
This buhari govt has been shrouded in unending corrupt cases,It's like an unending series of event, like a seasonal movie I must confess. This one I title " panel of corrupt polithiefians investigating a case of corruption against one of their kind". Might make a best seller.

1 Like

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by pquaver(m): 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
jlinkd78:
1:58pm her testifying still on but punch has rushed to post. Our professional journalists in quest to be d first to break news often fall hands. How come u have published a developing news when it's now dat d fearless woman is raping Akpabio. 2.01 pm , she just finished what has turned out to be an expository session that will land Akpabio in prison if truly d FG is fighting corruption. Pls d embattled personality now is Akpabio no more this woman

What do you me.. So she is automatically saying the truth because she is a Saint or she is a woman.. Is wike who is on her side not a politician? Or is he a Saint? Could he also be supporting her to hide their previous scam under Pdp in nddc? Whatever it maybe she said is her side of the story akpabio with have to go say his and at the end of the day let proper investigation be carried out and taken to court whosoever is guilty should serve.. I wanted you to see another angle to it so don't go out supporting any of them yet. But your support for the woman automatically say you are emotionally or politically motivated and its not right when we as a nation need to get to the bottom of the problem.
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by Ihenzy(m): 7:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
Zico5:
How can someone who claimed to be fighting corruption be silent upon all these brouhaha happening all over. Buhari is just a rogue hidden under the mantra of integrity to perpetuate grand fraud Nigeria has ever witnessed.
Buhari has addressed this issue even on twitter, be like you are left behind oo
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by olumide4christ: 8:10pm On Jul 17, 2020
omenka:

You said it all, sir... you have just perfectly analysed the Nigerian situation. We are the problem, not the system. Even if Nigeria splits into the 36 individual states, nothing will change because it's still the same corrupt Nigerians that will be there.
That's why I laugh when some people say...give us Biafra and we will turn it into Dubai. The question is what has stopped Nigeria from becoming a Dubai? Is it not corruption? The people that will inhabit the Biafra, are they not the same Nigerians who are corrupt in nature? Will Americans or British who are less corrupt come and rule Biafra? No of course.

Let's call a spade a spade...only righteousness and integrity which I believe so much in & which you have emphasized, can deliver Nigeria and lead us to the promised land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by Zico5(m): 8:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ihenzy:

Bihari has addressed this issue even on twitter, be like you are left behind oo
Addressed or taken valid action like OBJ that singlehandedly removed fayose for corruption and insubordination. U guys can decieve urself big time. I leave u with ur conscience if u have any.
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by awoluyi(m): 8:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
If na south Korea some pipu go dey count hao many days wey remain 4 dem on dis planet.
But 4 naija some of dem go contest 4 presido, seneto, horrible membas in 2023.
Only God fit helep Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by jesmond3945: 8:55pm On Jul 17, 2020
omenka:
Crooks probing crooks.

what will 2023 do for you brother?
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by Ihenzy(m): 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
Zico5:

Addressed or taken valid action like OBJ that singlehandedly removed fayose for corruption and insubordination. U guys can decieve urself big time. I leave u with ur conscience if u have any.
Remove without due process? So if they are remove now, how do you account for the missing money.
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by Zico5(m): 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ihenzy:

Remove without due process? So if they are remove now, how do you account for the missing money.
So he cannot be removed just for unfettered investigation to be conducted on his activities in the ministry. That's how it is done in a sane environment.
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by Keneeby(m): 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2020
Arysexy:

How was Wike trying to cover up corruption? Are u mentally ok?

How come the woman is testifying now? Who sent the kidnappers that tried stopping her from going to Abj yesterday? How come the IG, and CP of Rivers state were not aware of the presence of the kidnappers?

Wike rescued the woman and made sure the attempt to stop her from testifying was scuttled.

So who is covering corruption? Wike or Akpabio?

The truth shall set you free...

Are you aware that CP have released a statement that the police officers were in legitimate assignment from IG. You better wake up
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by Sunnyja: 11:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
Keneeby:

Are you aware that CP have released a statement that the police officers were in legitimate assignment from IG. You better wake up
After initially claiming that he wasn't aware of such order. Wake up.

1 Like

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by fof1: 12:27am On Jul 18, 2020
nairavsdollars:
She should tell us whether Akpabio reason her or not

You, who dey Reason You Continually? Tell us.
Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by AMvanquish: 3:47am On Jul 18, 2020
WarriFirstSon:
BREAKDOWN OF NDDC N81.5 Billion. In just 6 months:

1. Covid-19 - N31.4 Billion
2. Oversea Travel - N85.6 Million
3. Maintenance- N220Million
4. Legal services -N900Million
5. Lassa fever - N1.956Billion
6. Community Relations -N1.3Billion
7. Impress - N790.9Million
8. Condolences- N122.9Million
9. Consultancy- N83Million
10. DTA - N486Million

Condolences 122.9 Million. Wow. Are they reviving the dead. Or are they paying for burial and mortuary services. Shameless bunch of thieves, worst than armed robbers. On another note ,These guys are balling shocked

1 Like

Re: Joy Nunieh Testifies Before House Of Representatives Committee by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 18, 2020
jlinkd78:
Akpabio finally summoned to appear before d investigative panel 11am next Monday

I really don't see anything happening to him, in a country ruled by corruption, its impossible to fight it.
All this noise and drama is just intended to distract us from the nations problems.
Senates version of BB naija.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Atiku Presidential Campaign In Abia State / Justice Ademola Arrested For Granting Kanu Bail –IPOB / Orji Uzor Kalu Wins His Polling Unit For APC With Wide Margin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.