Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Tenant Wahala 101 - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenant Wahala 101 (181 Views)

Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? / The New Lagos Tenancy Law:who Does It Favour Most? The Lanlord Or The Tenant? / My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tenant Wahala 101 by geneagenius: 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2020
Good afternoon nairalanders..
I became a landlord at a young age(was in my late teens) due to my mum's demise. Then I was in school and I occasionally came to check on the house and the tenants in it.. The various Tenants I Have are ;
1. One Yoruba woman who was very nice since I'm also a yoruba. Has 6 kids and no husband. She used to take care of the house I.e sweeping,cleaning and even cautioning the rest tenants not to trouble me cos of my age.Now she remarried another man,packed and went to meet him but left the children (3) in the house. The rest 3 are grown ups.1 of them even has a child. The issue now is this children remaining are total nuisance causing trouble,refusing to clean the house,coming home late,bringing questionable friends even destroying some parts of the hux. When I called the mother to come see me,she replied angrily telling me she's not my mate yet owing me 15k.
2. Another old woman owing me 6months rent who keeps on promising and promising(she has grown up children o and even grandkids!

The whole thing is just tiring. I need money but my sympathetic nature and the fact that talking harshly to elders in somehow. I just sometimes ignore them but I'm already fed up.

Please what should I do?
Re: Tenant Wahala 101 by MajesticKris: 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
Get a lawyer that's the Best thing to do... hand over the house to a lawyer, he knows what to do
Re: Tenant Wahala 101 by NaijadrivaCars: 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2020
Tenant wahala. They are taking advantage of you because of your age.

On the other hand, COVID-19 de. Discuss with them how they intend to pay you or else, get a lawyer to manage the property for you.

1 Like

Re: Tenant Wahala 101 by geneagenius: 6:15pm On Jul 17, 2020
Thanks for your response but In the absence of a lawyer,what should I do? I involved one before but he's one of these faux hungry ones who doesn't know what he's doing. I kinda gave up on the judicial system a long time ago��‍♂

(1) (Reply)

Agents And Realtors Here Should Give Themselves Brain / A Plot Of Land In Aba With 3 Bedroom Flat On It For Sale @4milion / The Milton Estate, Awoyaya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.