Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP (1191 Views)

Battle Rages Over Magu’s Fate As EFCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by madamgrace: 3:22pm On Jul 17, 2020
Spokesman of  Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, says that the boast by suspended acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, that he would be cleared and reinstated despite the allegations against him, is a huge affront on the integrity of the ongoing inquest by the Justice Ayo Salami-led Presidential Investigative Panel on the activities of the EFCC.

The party said Nigerians were shocked when counsel to suspended EFCC acting Chairman, Wahab Shittu, boastfully declared that he has Magu’s instruction to inform the public that “he will be reinstated back to office”.

Nigerians are unease that such assertive statement by Magu’s lawyer holds more than meet the eyes and portrays the Presidential Panel as well as the Buhari Presidency as having compromised the probe.

Our party hopes that this is not a case of corruption fighting back in a frantic effort to shield accused persons from prosecution.

Already, the statement by Magu’s counsel has heightened public concerns that the probe have become a sham and that the allegations against Magu will eventually be swept under the carpet despite demands by Nigerians to prosecute the suspended EFCC boss in a court of competent jurisdiction.

The PDP wonders if Magu’s counsel is now informing Nigerians that the activities of the Presidential Panel, as well as the indicting memo by the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, are all drama to facilitate Magu’s clearance at the Senate.

The party notes that the details of the allegations by the Attorney General of the Federation against Magu are in the public domain, including alleged discrepancy in the financial records of the EFCC funds, alleged stealing of funds recovered by the commission, alleged sale of property recovered by the EFCC, details of alleged acts of insubordination, among others.

This is in addition to issues of alleged violation of rules, abuse of investigation processes, manipulation of court procedures by the EFCC under Magu, which has allegedly become a partisan vehicle for persecution, harassment and extortion against innocent Nigerians.

There are also allegations that the EFCC under Magu was more interested in securing conviction and not justice; for which innocent citizens were harassed with trumped-up charges, denied bail, allegedly made to make statement in custody without the services of their lawyers and convicted on media trial even before being allowed to defend themselves in court.

Moreover, there are also insinuations in the public space that the EFCC under Magu was harassing certain judges to get conviction in cases, in addition to the manifest selective persecution in which no member of the current administration, including those who have been openly indicted for corruption, have been prosecuted by the EFCC.

The statement by Magu, through his counsel, is therefore a direct slap on the integrity of our justice system and the fight against corruption in Nigeria.

What Nigerians and indeed the global community expect is for the Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari, the African Union (AU) Anti-Corruption Champion, to take immediate steps to arraign the suspended EFCC Chairman before a court of competent jurisdiction to defend and clear his name over the very weighty allegations that have been brought against him.

Anything short of this will only signpost a huge compromise in the matter.

https://www.inform.ng/post/nigerians-shocked-over-magus-boast-of-return-to-efcc-pdp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by SmartProf(m): 3:27pm On Jul 17, 2020
Nigerians are not shocked, we are aware that the anti-corruption war na scam.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by FemolasticA: 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
Naija my dear country....... We don't even no who to trust again. �
Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by CilicMarin: 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
Magu Don Really Deal With these useless Corrupt IPOB Party Called PDP grin grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by goatBBQGRILLS: 3:33pm On Jul 17, 2020
right from the start, we all know he will walk home free.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by goatBBQGRILLS: 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2020
CilicMarin:
Magu Don Really Deal With Corrupt IPOB Party Called PDP grin grin

how much loan have we acquired since 2015 and how much did he loot.stop celebrating evil.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by EngineerBode: 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
It is PDP that are shocked. But Magu is returning nowhere
Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by realstars: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
And The Dramer Countinue, The Real Joke Of The Nation.
Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by jaytee01(m): 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2020
CilicMarin:
Magu Don Really Deal With these useless Corrupt IPOB Party Called PDP grin grin
You should know that even if u live online 24/7 supporting Magu , no portion of the loot will be shared to u.

Keep supporting nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by jaytee01(m): 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
EngineerBode:
It is PDP that are shocked. But Magu is returning nowhere
Imagine the effrontery....is it only in EFCC that he can work?
Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by Inkopere: 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2020
It pains my heart to see this kinda news
shocked what!
Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by LibertyRep: 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
I'm a Nigerian, and I'm not shocked.

Magu, just like a recently sacked National Chairman of a certain party wouldn't be returning to that office.

If anything, he's returning home.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by remigiusizunna(m): 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2020
There is this popular Igbo adage that says " pikin wey im papa follow for back go thief dey carry leg break door"
Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by remigiusizunna(m): 10:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
There is this popular Igbo adage that says " pink wey im papa follow for back go thief dey carry leg break door"
Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by Habiyo: 10:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
This country is divided already, They probe Magu in secret and then probing Akpabio in public. what make the difference.........Magu Muslim North, Akpabio Christian South
Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by ican2020: 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2020
Funny people
Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 18, 2020
I'm not surprised wat were u expecting that they would charge magu to court for corruption! Are u dreaming?
Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by Cajal(m): 9:41am On Jul 18, 2020
PDP IS SHOCKED
MAGU...corrupt people nightmare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by BlackfireX: 9:42am On Jul 18, 2020
They asked me to vote out the Fisherman
That things will change,
They brought a humble looking man ridding on an aggressive cow,
Saying he will take me to the next level,
I needed change,
So I joined in booting the fisherman out,
But as power completes it full circle,
The cows destroying the land, causing grievances,
Nepotism, humongous corruption, generational debts, division, bloods...
I begin to wonder why I voted the fisherman out?
Why I reenforced failure?
Ohhh No

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP by PIMPAR: 9:47am On Jul 18, 2020
Should Magu be sacked on the basis of allegations? Has any court found him guilty? Even the president panel has not pronounced him guilty.
From indication, Magu has been tomenting Pandemic Development Party since he came to office

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 / Why Is The North Keeping Quiet? / Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.