Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Access Bank Just Debited Me On New ATM Card - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Just Debited Me On New ATM Card (504 Views)

My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k / Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Just Debited Me On New ATM Card by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2020
Good day people

I got a debit alert of #1,128 from access bank as the cost for new Visa ATM card. My current card is due to expire by August ending and I had no intention to request for a new card.

I don't know why the bank would go ahead and debit me without first seeking my interest if I wanted a renewal.

Is this not criminal??
Re: Access Bank Just Debited Me On New ATM Card by XXXXTENTACION: 5:35pm On Jul 17, 2020
Carotid:
Good day people

I got a debit alert of #1,128 ftvrom access bank as the cost for new Visa ATM card. My current card is due to expire by August ending and I had no intention to request for a new card.

I don't know why the bank would go ahead and debit me without first seeking my interest if I wanted a renewal.

Is this not criminal??
Wetin carry you go open account with access bank

anyway you have to bear it tongue ever since access bank donated money to federal gov. For covid19 they have been deducting money anyhow from customers especially if you have a current account with them.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Just Debited Me On New ATM Card by PuZZyNegro: 5:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
Same issue here. I got the debit alert and I was wondering who requested for the card.

Mine was about 591.25 naira.

On a norm, I wouldn't ever open account with access bank. They're the last bank I would ever bank with.

But NYSC forcefully assigned the bank to us and I think that's the reason the charge the account half of what they charge a regular account.

@Carotid
Re: Access Bank Just Debited Me On New ATM Card by Goddys(m): 9:10pm On Jul 17, 2020
I got same alert on February. I never requested for card and my card is valid till 2022.

After series of complaints, they failed to reverse it. I lodged complaint with CBN and Consumer Protection Commission.

I would advise you lodge a complaint too so that CBN will sanction Access bank for their thievery and high handedness
Re: Access Bank Just Debited Me On New ATM Card by 50power: 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2020
Is not only access bank. Most of the banks in Nigeria do it. Once they check your ATM history and discover that you have been using it, they believe you will still need it.

If you need your national ID card for online transactions and you have only the identification number slip? See the solution here https://www.nairakobo.com.ng/2020/07/17/we-will-design-your-national-id-card-for-online-transactions/

(1) (Reply)

Retail Pharmacy For Sale In Lagos / SpottR: Connect With People and Businesses, Earn free More While Doing So. / I Can't Pay For Facebook Advertisement ~ HELP!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.