Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,852 members, 7,862,787 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:35 AM

Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 (81492 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 / Throwback Photos Of Aguiyi Ironsi Visiting Ibadan Before His Arrest And Murder / FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 29, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Shut your putrid mouth there ! You this shameless descendant of a wicked,greedy,highly manipulative and selfish people ! Gowon this,Gowon that,blah,blah,blah ! Your lies and propagandas are being exposed here one after another. You Igbos are the major cause of mutual suspicion and lack of trust that exist among various ethnic groups in Nigeria today.

Why did Azikiwe have to struggle for the seat of premiership of the western region with Awolowo when nobody was contesting that of eastern region with him ? Was he from the west or did that not clearly establish the "unity begging" agenda with the devilish aim of dominating others that we are talking about here ?

It was so convenient for Azikiwe to be on a medical vacation" when his colleagues from other ethnic groups were being fed with hot led by the rampaging blood sucking Igbo coupists.

Your "logistics problems in Lagos" being the reason is just what it is - senseless excuse and that's laughable ! Now we ask you again,why did the Igbo coupists spare the lives of Igbo politicians ? Please don't give us that logistic bull crap again; it's funny you know.

You're the one being stupid here,labouring spiritedly to sell what we are not going to buy !

Azikiwe didn't struggle for any seat. In the Western regional elections. NCNC won the most seats which would have made Zik Premier. Then Awolowo in league with the Obas and the ibadan politicians fearing the domination of Zik organised the cross carpeting saga that gave the AG the majority seats. That was when ethnic politics started and it started with Awolowo.

Ifeajuna and Zik were cousins so it is a possibility but then why blame a whole tribe for the actions of one man when it is convenient for you not to tag all fulanis as Boko Haram.

Again on igbo politicians being spared Ironsi escaped and Mbadiwe also escaped it was not that they spared igbo politicians. Mbadiwe lived close to Okotie Eboh and he escaped when he got wind of Okotie Eboh's kidnap. Please read the police special branch report by MD Yusuf on the coup and be cured of your hate and stupidity along with mumu ignorance

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 29, 2020
Deadlytruth:

Don't you think you Igbos are equally guilty of the bolded by putting the blame of Akenzua's alleged role in the failure of Aburi Accord on all Edo people despite knowing fully well that Akenzua as of then was working in permanent secretary capacity for the establishment hence wasn't representing Edo people or their interest in any democratic sense?

On your excuse of logistic failure as being responsible for the selective execution of the coup; I have this question to ask:

Azikiwe was one of those penciled down by the coupists for death. In fact according to some accounts he was the prime target. Now Azikiwe left the country three clear months to the D-day of the coup and his exit from Nigeria was well published in the papers to the knowledge of the public and the coupists. But knowing fully well that their prime target had escaped and wasn't likely to return anytime soon, the coupists still went ahead to carry out the coup. Why?

It is like claiming that you want to set a particular bush on fire because of a rat living in it, but the rat somehow got wind of your plans and relocated from the bush and you got informed about it but you still set the bush on fire all the same. Then it means your actual reason for wanting to burn the bush was not the rat but for a totally different selfish reason while just using the rat as a cover up.

Why are you being foolish with your response was it all igbos that sanctioned Zik to bail out during the coup. Akenzua made a decision and advised Gowon not to honour Aburi accord as it is his decision and the consequences was his fault. But how do you blame a tribe for the actions of one man. My grand father's were never consulted before the coup and neither did they give consent so why would I and my people be blamed for something we were not consulted. The same hypocrisy makes you guys say not all fulani are boko haram but all igbos are bad because of Jan 66 boys right.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 29, 2020
Deadlytruth:

So the enemy was approaching through the Midwest alone? May I ask you which enemy was approaching from the Warri axis to which a detachment was also drafted. Were there enemies coming from out of the sea which is the only territory beyond Warri?

It is clear you are a novice when it comes to Military tactics those a flank troops to prevent and north or south counter attack from the enemy stop all this spreading of hate by distorting history. You keep exposing your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 29, 2020
johntolu:

Will you mind telling us what is responsible for the failure of the coup, in Eastern Region, as well?

The coup was a huge success in the Lagos sector. The only drawback the coup had in Lagos sector was the inability of Igbo soldiers to take down their 'blothers' for reasons best known to them. They did not hesitate to bring down
Col. Unegbe because they saw him as a saboteur
because of his closeness to Gen. Maimalari.

Two factors made the coup fail in the east. The presence of the papal nuncio in Enugu caused a delay and this delay made Ejoor who was the batallion commander in Enugu to reach from Lagos where he ordered the armoury keys brought to him and as such it put paid to any arms mobilisation for the Eastern region please read the police special branch report on the coup by MD Yusuf

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 29, 2020
Deadlytruth:

Would you mind providing a source for this claim?

Please research the British archives on the closing of the empire

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 29, 2020
Deadlytruth:

So the enemy was approaching through the Midwest alone? May I ask you which enemy was approaching from the Warri axis to which a detachment was also drafted. Were there enemies coming from out of the sea which is the only territory beyond Warri?

Hope you know that the amphibious brigade used ijaw swimmers when fighting the biafrans in Warri. Bros you have no knowledge of military tactics you are even a poor military historian. Please to learn military history start with Alexander the Great with his battles and Hannibal along with Julius Ceasar's battles then you would start to understand strategies

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 29, 2020
[quote author=OROSUNBOLB post=97499466][/quote]

You clearly don't have sense. You sre just a paid goon coming to spread hate. How much were you paid?
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 29, 2020
Deadlytruth:

That was few hours after the coup and when the heavily lopsided ethnic pattern of the casualties was yet to come to the knowledge of the general public.
That a journalist even justified the sacking of a democratically elected government by the military was an indication of how hopeless the country was.
Ask yourself if the military ever interfered in the democratic experience of advanced countries like US, UK, Germany, Japan, France, etc which are the world economic and military powers today and compare it with very economically backward and near failed countriess like Nigeria, Sudan, etc which had military rule as part of their history then tell me if military intervention in democracy is justified in any way as long as the prosperity, growth and development of a country are concerned.

In political philosophy, ultimate sovereignty is said to reside with the people and not the army and not even the legislature. The people express that sovereignty through the ballot box. So if there is the need for a change of government, only the people have the power to do so. The military came into existence through the sovereign will of the people who created it by law to protect the territorial integrity of their country. So military take over of government is an aberration akin to a situation whereby the parents of a household are quarrelling and the security man employed by the family to protect them decides to kill those parents and then assume the role of new parents over the children. This is how senseless it is to justify military intervention and any genuinely educated person must never have a reason to rationalize or justify such an anomaly except he will tolerate it if his employed security man in his house does it to him and his wife.

Oga your obsession with hatred of igbos will kill you. Do you know that the Yoruba intelligentsia in Lagos sent a petition to Ironsi to spare the coup plotters that they were heroic and guess who were amongst the signatories. Woke Soyinka and Dr Femi Ayantuga

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 29, 2020
[quote author=Deadlytruth post=97493070]
The anarchical situation in the West (Operation Wetie) started in 1965 courtesy of the heavily rigged general elections. All before then there wasn't yet a resort to full scale violence to the Balewa-Zik illegal interference in the purely internal affairs of the Western Region.
If Zik wasn't ever in support of Balewa's misrule against the West, then how come he couldn't resign from the Balewa government as far back as 1962 when Balewa began his illegalities by first declaring a state of emergency in the entire West over a mere political crisis localized within the Western House of Assembly.

You that you are talking Mr Righteous will you resign or aren't you not doing the bidding of spreading hate online that you were paid for

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 29, 2020
Deadlytruth:

Are you really this much of an expert in devil's advocacy? Haven't we agreed that Zik was an envoy but only trying to know from you whether he appointed himself or Ojukwu appointed him? Am I to assume you are having comprehension challenges?

Oga you never agreed anything.You think you are clever you stated clearly that Zik was active in Biafra and I told you he was just an envoy and he was not involved in administration in Biafra which you disputed and so I ask you again what was Zik's role in Biafra because it seems you either are incredibly bereft of comprehension or you deliberately dodged that one because you have been foxed by me and you are uncomfortable.

Just let it be known that the era of lies about the igbo on nairaland is over. Me and my guys would battle you to a standstill. We know our history and we will do what it takes to let everyone know the truth and stop brandishing lies. Very soon more documents will come from me to disprove your lies.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 2:42am On Dec 29, 2020
obynzo:

Oga you never agreed anything.You think you are clever you stated clearly that Zik was active in Biafra and I told you he was just an envoy and he was not involved in administration in Biafra which you disputed and so I ask you again what was Zik's role in Biafra because it seems you either are incredibly bereft of comprehension or you deliberately dodged that one because you have been foxed by me and you are uncomfortable.

Just let it be known that the era of lies about the igbo on nairaland is over. Me and my guys would battle you to a standstill. We know our history and we will do what it takes to let everyone know the truth and stop brandishing lies. Very soon more documents will come from me to disprove your lies.
And you are still claiming that the role of an envoy wasn't an administrative one?

Anyway, the original poser still remains thus; why did Ojukwu give a role in a secession movement to a person who so much carried a baggage of anti-secession credentials and yet excepted Awolowo to be attracted to that secession movement in which such a role was given to the very person who had been sabotaging his own secession bids in the parliament prior to that time? This is the simple question you have been avoiding and you know you really can't answer it in all honesty.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 2:44am On Dec 29, 2020
[quote author=obynzo post=97511963][/quote]

Which means you now agree that Azikiwe was desperately evil and didn't really mean well for other regions apart from his own despite all his posturing of one-Nigerianism and detribalization.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 2:49am On Dec 29, 2020
obynzo:

Oga your obsession with hatred of igbos will kill you. Do you know that the Yoruba intelligentsia in Lagos sent a petition to Ironsi to spare the coup plotters that they were heroic and guess who were amongst the signatories. Woke Soyinka and Dr Femi Ayantuga

So how exactly does that change the fact that military intervention in politics is an aberration which brought Nigeria into the failed state it has become today? How does it change the fact that no Igbo politician died unlike their counterparts from every other region in a supposedly nationalistic coup?

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 3:00am On Dec 29, 2020
obynzo:

Hope you know that the amphibious brigade used ijaw swimmers when fighting the biafrans in Warri. Bros you have no knowledge of military tactics you are even a poor military historian. Please to learn military history start with Alexander the Great with his battles and Hannibal along with Julius Ceasar's battles then you would start to understand strategies

If we are to buy your crap argument above, then why didn't Ojukwu send a detachment to Portharcourt and immediate environs since those were equally riverine areas indegenous to Ijaws?

Well, as at the earliest days of the war when the Biafran soldiers were thrusting westwards, there was yet no resistance from the riverine axis which Warri was part of. It was much later when Isaac Adaka Boro joined the Federal side against Biafra that the amphibious brigade arrived that axis.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 3:03am On Dec 29, 2020
obynzo:

Please research the British archives on the closing of the empire
Are you now asking me to help you search for evidence for your own claim?

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 3:13am On Dec 29, 2020
obynzo:

It is clear you are a novice when it comes to Military tactics those a flank troops to prevent and north or south counter attack from the enemy stop all this spreading of hate by distorting history. You keep exposing your ignorance

Mr. Know It All On Military Tactics, please can you then explain why most of the flanks were in the Midwest as if was only the Midwest that enemies from the North and South could come through? And who exactly were these supposed enemies from the South? The same West Biafra was negotiating with for a joint secession? That would mean that Biafra wasn't even honest and sincere in its proposed joint secession with the West or Midwest to have regarded them as enemy regions to be flanked despite already in negotiations with them for joint secession. Can you now see why all other Southern tribes are vindicated for later refusing to work with Biafra?

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 3:28am On Dec 29, 2020
obynzo:

Why are you being foolish with your response was it all igbos that sanctioned Zik to bail out during the coup. Akenzua made a decision and advised Gowon not to honour Aburi accord as it is his decision and the consequences was his fault. But how do you blame a tribe for the actions of one man. My grand father's were never consulted before the coup and neither did they give consent so why would I and my people be blamed for something we were not consulted. The same hypocrisy makes you guys say not all fulani are boko haram but all igbos are bad because of Jan 66 boys right.

You are the foolish one here. Whatever Zik did those times were done by him in representative capacity of the Igbos who voted him to the parliament from which he rose to the position he was holding. If you Igbos didn't support all the political atrocities he was comitting all over the country then, you could have simply started a process to recall him. As one of the leaders in a democracy and as a supposedly patriotic President and as a true nationalist and pan-Nigeriaist he had been claiming to be, what he should have done on getting wind of the coup plot was to report to the Prime Minister in order that an investigation panel be set up to find and try culprits and punish them according to the provisions of the extant laws. But rather than do so he quickly and selfishly ran to safety in a far away country citing medical needs. If the coup plotters were to have been majorly from other tribes he would have quickly exposed them and advised Balewa to investigate them.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 3:42am On Dec 29, 2020
obynzo:

But Igbos trooped into the streets of Kaduna rejoicing and celebrating immediately news of the coup and Ahmadu Bello's death broke out. They designed a poster showing Nzeogwu stepping on Ahmadu Bello's neck and made a recording in which Ahmadu Bello was impersonated as bleating like a goat being slaughtered by Nzeogwu.
And with all these you still deny that the coup didn't get your approval?
Even till today the way you Igbos living in other regions spite their hosts lends credence to all the above.
Take for example the offensive Lagos-is-no-man's land narrative which is peddled by only Igbos amidst all other non-Yoruba residents of the city.
In the North recently, the only non-native tribe given quit notice was Igbo. We have Edos, Urhobos, Efiks, Yorubas, Ijaws, etc living in the North but they have never been given quit notice by Northerners. Why Igbos alone? It means there is an irritating attitude you portray outside home.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 4:00am On Dec 29, 2020
melodyogonna:

Again, you don't know what you're saying. You don't understand how things worked then, there is no documentation. Zik did what he thought would be best for the future, with North, East and West together the country would be an economic powerhouse, rivalling the best countries in the world in almost anything. He sacrificed the prime minister position he would have had for that, it's sad it didn't turn out the way imagined, but it might have. With a little more visionary leader at those early days the country would have been a force to reckon with. I regret that it didn't work, now I would want nothing more than for Igbos to stay on their own, I'm genuinely tired of us being everyone's problem.

And the way to such bright future for Nigeria was the unitary system ( a very strong centre) that he was advocating in the disguise of one-Nigeria, right?
Didn't Zik live in the US for up to five years and with his own eyes saw how they rapidly developed to become the most powerful nation on earth through the practice of federalism defined by a relatively weak centre and autonomous states? Did he hear anyone preaching one-America over there?
The US where he studied was an ethnically diverse country which thrived on a very decentralized system to the admiration of the whole world. Nigeria was just a reflection of the US in terms of ethnic diversity hence common sense simply dictated that Nigeria's surest route to the same level of development as the advanced countries was a decentralized structure ( federalism in this case). But on return from the same US, your Zik who so wanted Nigeria to become like the US and others began preaching unitary system, acting against the true spirit of federalism by seeking to become premier of a region that wasn't his home region, fighting against secession clause, etc. So much for someone who wanted Nigeria to rapidly develop to the status of an advanced country.
Can't you see you are the one who doesn't really know what you are saying?
Those who genuinely wanted Nigeria to rapidly develop politically, militarily, economically and socially to catch up with the advanced countries were Awolowo, Enahoro, Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello and Isaac Adaka Boro as these were the figures who fought to have an equitable, just and fair Nigeria by way of true federalism marked by secession clause that would have forestalled the misgovernance we suffer till today, unlike Azikiwe, Ironsi, Ojukwu and Michael Okpara who were playing politics of chop-I-Chop and Igbo domination agenda through their advocacy of an omnipotent centre to which the regions will be slaves always going seeking mercy by way of federal allocation, quota system, etc. Imagine you Igbo people today begging the FG for Second Niger Bridge for nearly 40 years now when it is something that the Anambra and Delta State governors could have simply built many years ago if we had been practicing true federalism and resource control with secession clause policing the consciousness of the politicians at the center towards running a responsible government always.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 4:22am On Dec 29, 2020
Zik read Anthropology from the prestigious Lincoln University in Pennsylvania, USA.
Anthropology is a course which deals with the study of human cultural evolution and to that effect it is a core principle in Anthropology that the best way to govern a multi-ethnic society is to use a system that allows every ethnic nationality to protect their own interests, decide their destiny, control their own affairs, maintain their beliefs, sustain their traditions and keep their cultural philosophies from undue interference until such a time that they on their own decide to make adjustments without any external force of other nationalities being involved. Obviously the two systems of government that guarantees such an atmosphere are federalism and confederalism but never unitary system.
Anthropology suggests that where a multi ethnic society is ruled by a tightly bound structure, there is the likely hood of clashes of culture and its attendant bloodshed. And that exactly is the situation with Nigeria today courtesy of the unitary system Ironsi plunged us into.
Now, after coming across all these principles in his course content in the US, Azikiwe returned home to start preaching unitary system for an ethnically diverse Nigeria in clear opposition to what he studied in school. If not for greed and domination agenda, how can a man return from school to advocate a system which his course content made him understand was going to be dangerous for his country?

Education is defined as any process an individual undergoes to become useful to himself and the society..... meaning that people are expected to come out of school and use the knowledge acquired therein to solve societal problems and organize the society better than they met it. But on return from school Azikiwe used his knowledge to disorganize the society and here we are today with bloodshed everyday resulting from clash of culture between Fulanis and middle beltern tribes, we have Boko Haram, we have Niger Delta militants, we have all sorts of violent groups all protesting the evil wrought on the land by the unitary system we are practicing exactly as Anthropology upholds.
If anything, Zik is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:56am On Dec 29, 2020
obynzo:

You clearly don't have sense. You sre just a paid goon coming to spread hate. How much were you paid?

It is your yam legged,smelly father that's without any sense kiddo ! Try harder,we ain't buy your stupid lies and propaganda any more. How much were you paid,blah blah ! You think everybody is like you idiots who worship money ?

You're just a useless OSU fool ! Your generation and those to come after yours will continue to be punished for the devilish and wicked actions of your forebears in this country.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:29am On Dec 29, 2020
obynzo:

Just let it be known that the era of lies about the igbo on nairaland is over. Me and my guys would battle you to a standstill. [b]We know our history [/b]and we will do what it takes to let everyone know the truth and stop brandishing lies. Very soon more documents will come from me to disprove your lies.

Which tasteless history are you talking about ? Do you regard that primitive OSU slavery as anything to be proud of ? You guys are people without anything worthy of being called history. Is it the comedy show that your primitive progenitors used to perform at the village square after drinking some cheap alcohol and were under its influence you stupidly regard as any enviable history or culture ?

The great Yorubas had Old Oyo empire,the illustrious Binis had Benin empire,there was Sokoto caliphate in the north,ogbeni,what were your forefathers known for ? Cannibalism, wickedness,greed and insatiable lust for money - that's your history. Is that what you want to defend here ?

How I wish the bodies of those criminals - Azikiwe,Ironsi,Nzeogwu,Ifeajuna,Ojukwu etc you are attempting to defend here could be exhumed and burn to ashes again for the wicked atrocities they committed against humanity in general and Nigerians in particular.

Just continue to compound your already bad situations as a people in this country with all the senseless trash the keeps coming out of your dirty mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by nku5: 6:12am On Dec 29, 2020
Deadlytruth:

But Igbos trooped into the streets of Kaduna rejoicing and celebrating immediately news of the coup and Ahmadu Bello's death broke out. They designed a poster showing Nzeogwu stepping on Ahmadu Bello's neck and made a recording in which Ahmadu Bello was impersonated as bleating like a goat being slaughtered

These are your 41st, 42nd and 43rd lies on this thread. You are a living river of lies shocked

1. Igbos never celebrated in the streets

2. There was no poster.

3. There was no recording of Ahmadu Bello because the tech did not exist then for ordinary folk. Rex Lawson (an Ijaw musician) used to perform a popular folk song long before the coup so propagandists like you fashioned lie out of it

I am waiting for your next series of lies to divert attention from these latest ones grin grin If you can prove any of them I will close my NL account

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by nku5: 6:24am On Dec 29, 2020
Deadlytruth:

When someone melts away, what does it mean? It simple means to escape from trouble stealthily. Doesn't that now lend credence to the fact that Ejoor was chased after by Biafran soldiers in the process of dislodging him? Do you chase after someone you are not trying to dislodge and or capture in a war?

Na so omo onile dey take sell one land to five people grin Banjo was holding meetings with Ejoor begging him to stay in charge of Midwest. How can you chase somebody away when you are begging him to stay in the office he is already holding. If they wanted to capture Ejoor how would be have melted away? This is too shameful grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 29, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Which tasteless history are you talking about ? Do you regard that primitive OSU slavery as anything to be proud of ? You guys are people without anything worthy of being called history. Is it the comedy show that your primitive progenitors used to perform at the village square after drinking some cheap alcohol and were under its influence you stupidly regard as any enviable history or culture ?

The great Yorubas had Old Oyo empire,the illustrious Binis had Benin empire,there was Sokoto caliphate in the north,ogbeni,what were your forefathers known for ? Cannibalism, wickedness,greed and insatiable lust for money - that's your history. Is that what you want to defend here ?

How I wish the bodies of those criminals - Azikiwe,Ironsi,Nzeogwu,Ifeajuna,Ojukwu etc you are attempting to defend here could be exhumed and burn to ashes again for the wicked atrocities they committed against humanity in general and Nigerians in particular.

Just continue to compound your already bad situations as a people in this country with all the senseless trash the keeps coming out of your dirty mouth.

You see why i say you are just full of shit and you don't know history let me give you a learning assignment go and read about the Aro Confederacy. The great igbo empire which in it's height was spread up to benue and up to Kwale. You see why I say you don't know history. You think it was just Oyo empire. Stupid Idiot. I feel sorry for your parents that sired you because you are a real disgrace to them

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 29, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

It is your yam legged,smelly father that's without any sense kiddo ! Try harder,we ain't buy your stupid lies and propaganda any more. How much were you paid,blah blah ! You think everybody is like you idiots who worship money ?

You're just a useless OSU fool ! Your generation and those to come after yours will continue to be punished for the devilish and wicked actions of your forebears in this country.

Senseless idiot and pathetic skull miner. Please have you mined enough skulls today?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 29, 2020
Deadlytruth:

But Igbos trooped into the streets of Kaduna rejoicing and celebrating immediately news of the coup and Ahmadu Bello's death broke out. They designed a poster showing Nzeogwu stepping on Ahmadu Bello's neck and made a recording in which Ahmadu Bello was impersonated as bleating like a goat being slaughtered by Nzeogwu.
Even till today the way you Igbos living in other regions spite their hosts lends credence to all the above.
Take for example the offensive Lagos-is-no-man's land narrative which is peddled by only Igbos amidst all other non-Yoruba residents of the city.
In the North recently, the only non-native tribe given quit notice was Igbo. We have Edos, Urhobos, Efiks, Yorubas, Ijaws, etc living in the North but they have never been given quit notice by Northerners. Why Igbos alone? It means there is an irritating attitude you portray outside home.

Oga even in the west Yorubas trooped out to rejoice after the coup. Igbos didn't again the lie that there was a poster that was used up till now no such poster was shown. Again the song they said was used to mock Sardauna was actually Rex Lawson's song that was released in the 50s so it was all rumours and propaganda that was designed to incite the northern soldiers to revolt there was no such thing.

Please even Babangida later admitted in a series that most to the reasons that was given for the counter coup never really existed that it was like they were teleguided to act.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 29, 2020
Deadlytruth:
Zik read Anthropology from the prestigious Lincoln University in Pennsylvania, USA.
Anthropology is a course which deals with the study of human cultural evolution and to that effect it is a core principle in Anthropology that the best way to govern a multi-ethnic society is to use a system that allows every ethnic nationality to protect their own interests, decide their destiny, control their own affairs, maintain their beliefs, sustain their traditions and keep their cultural philosophies from undue interference until such a time that they on their own decide to make adjustments without any external force of other nationalities being involved. Obviously the two systems of government that guarantees such an atmosphere are federalism and confederalism but never unitary system.
Anthropology suggests that where a multi ethnic society is ruled by a tightly bound structure, there is the likely hood of clashes of culture and its attendant bloodshed. And that exactly is the situation with Nigeria today courtesy of the unitary system Ironsi plunged us into.
Now, after coming across all these principles in his course content in the US, Azikiwe returned home to start preaching unitary system for an ethnically diverse Nigeria in clear opposition to what he studied in school. If not for greed and domination agenda, how can a man return from school to advocate a system which his course content made him understand was going to be dangerous for his country?

Education is defined as any process an individual undergoes to become useful to himself and the society..... meaning that people are expected to come out of school and use the knowledge acquired therein to solve societal problems and organize the society better than they met it. But on return from school Azikiwe used his knowledge to disorganize the society and here we are today with bloodshed everyday resulting from clash of culture between Fulanis and middle beltern tribes, we have Boko Haram, we have Niger Delta militants, we have all sorts of violent groups all protesting the evil wrought on the land by the unitary system we are practicing exactly as Anthropology upholds.

Zik was never the worse thing. It was never his fault. If he made a mistake we had tons of opportunities to correct it. Bros abeg Bleep off jare with your blame game first it was igbos now it is Zik. Zik had his faults but please any mistakes he made we sure had opportunities to correct that and what happened? We didn't do that.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 29, 2020
Deadlytruth:

Again my brother stop this blaming of unitary system. If you really understand your history and you are not biased then you should know that Gowon repealed the unitary decree when he took over power. So why blame Ironsi for a unitary decree that was never put to use. I don't see anyone blaming Gowon and subsequent leaders for the quasi federal structure we have now? It is just malicious and downright sneaky to blame a man whose decree was never used and absolve Gowon and others

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 29, 2020
Deadlytruth:

See bros try and stay in the North during a religious or ethnic crisis you will see whether they make a distinction between you and we igbos. You have not lived in the North and you are already talking shit in this forum

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by nku5: 6:39am On Dec 29, 2020
obynzo:

Oga even in the west Yorubas trooped out to rejoice after the coup. Igbos didn't again the lie that there was a poster that was used up till now no such poster was shown. Again the song they said was used to mock Sardauna was actually Rex Lawson's song that was released in the 50s so it was all rumours and propaganda that was designed to incite the northern soldiers to revolt there was no such thing.

Please even Babangida later admitted in a series that most to the reasons that was given for the counter coup never really existed that it was like they were teleguided to act.

The guy is either one of these 20k per month internet trolls or just a congenital liar. Every lie that is challenged is defended with even more lies and sophistry. If you noticed he hasn't cited any source for his wild claims, not even one. As somebody who loves history I've been laughing non-stop at his tomfoolery.

He's like one of those guys who tell wild stories in beer parlours for free booze. Everyone knows he is lying but the lie too sweet cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by nku5: 6:42am On Dec 29, 2020
obynzo:

See bros try and stay in the North during a religious or ethnic crisis you will see whether they make a distinction between you and we igbos. You have not lived in the North and you are already talking shit in this forum

His worldview is limited to the geographical space between Alimosho and Ikeja. Whenever there is a crisis in the north, it's Igbo dominated areas that his people run to hide in like Sabon Gari in Kano.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (28) (Reply)

Top 10 Contenders For The Presidency In 2019 If President Buhari Fails To Run / Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Marks Inauguration With N61 Million 2019 Mercedes Benz (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.