Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 (80670 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Aguiyi Ironsi Visiting Ibadan Before His Arrest And Murder / Aguiyi Ironsi & Babangida At A Reception In 1966 (Throwback Photo) / FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2020
obynzo:

Bitterness will kill you. The person you say is tormenting me is having a hard time trying to defend his lies. I see you are completely frustrated and bitter maybe an igbo girl broke your heart that is why you are filled with hate. Here's my advice let it go and be free because this hate would consume you. grin grin grin

Can you now see your pitiable miserable life ? It was not an exaggeration after all,when I said earlier that you were sounding like a broken gramophone. Clearly,I must have even underated your stupidity and insanity.

Stop fooling yourself like you guys have always done,you're a no match for "Deadlytruth". He has demonstrated that he knows his onions,,clearly. He has been able to put forward superior arguments that are backed up with verifiable facts. You on the other hand, appeared confused and helpless on several occasions having been boxed into a tight corner by that man with his excellent logics.

Now talking about Igbo girl and being heartbroken, how old are you kiddo ? To start with,if at all I intend to have a "taste" of any Igbo woman,such has to be within the age bracket of your mother ! Yes,I'm in that class. But then,what do I do with the smelly VG of an old hag of your mother or that of any of your so called Igbo girl ? Do you need to be schooled again that there are lots of beautiful, well mannered and highly cultured girls in all tribes ? Go and checkout the Shuwa-Arab ladies of Borno or the fulani girls of Yola with their breathtaking figures and beauty. There are millions of classy,intelligent and very beautiful Edo,Efik,Ijaw,
Hausa,Yoruba,Kanuri,Ibibio, Itshekiri etc all over the country. So tell me,what is special about any Igbo girl that can't be found elsewhere ?

You see,I find it laughable each time you Igbos come up with your usual irritating and stupid idiosyncratic belief or impression of being "the best" which in actual sense,is a delusion. This is because your claim is not supported by any reality on ground or rational argument. Believe it or not ,no Igbo woman - dead or alive has what it takes to break my heart kiddo.

You're not only frustrated boy,you're obviously sick and unstable. I can only appeal to your Tormentor In Chief,Deadlytruth to take it easy on you.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 30, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Can you now see your pitiable miserable life ? It was not an exaggeration after all,when I said earlier that you were sounding like a broken gramophone. Clearly,I must have even underated your stupidity and insanity.

Stop fooling yourself like you guys have always done,you're a no match for "Deadlytruth". He has demonstrated that he knows his onions,,clearly. He has been able to put forward superior arguments that are backed up with verifiable facts. You on the other hand, appeared confused and helpless on several occasions having been boxed into a tight corner by that man with his excellent logics.

Now talking about Igbo girl and being heartbroken, how old are you kiddo ? To start with,if at all I intend to have a "taste" of any Igbo woman,such has to be within the age bracket of your mother ! Yes,I'm in that class. But then,what do I do with the smelly VG of an old hag of your mother or that of any of your so called Igbo girl ? Do you need to be schooled again that there are lots of beautiful, well mannered and highly cultured girls in all tribes ? Go and checkout the Shuwa-Arab ladies of Borno or the fulani girls of Yola with their breathtaking figures and beauty. There are millions of classy,intelligent and very beautiful Edo,Efik,Ijaw,
Hausa,Yoruba,Kanuri,Ibibio, Itshekiri etc all over the country. So tell me,what is special about any Igbo girl that can't be found elsewhere ?

You see,I find it laughable each time you Igbos come up with your usual irritating and stupid idiosyncratic belief or impression of being "the best" which in actual sense,is a delusion. This is because your claim is not supported by any reality on ground or rational argument. Believe it or not ,no Igbo woman - dead or alive has what it takes to break my heart kiddo.

You're not only frustrated boy,you're obviously sick and unstable. I can only appeal to your Tormentor In Chief,Deadlytruth to take it easy on you.

You are really a child with no sense obviously you are frustrated and pained that your evil plan of spreading hate against the igbo has failed. Oga go and be productive with your life and stop using hate as a means of daily bread and skull mining. I just pity your parents because you are a complete waste of sperm
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2020
kingzizzy:

His people were already being massacred in 1945 and 1953 so lets not pretend as if the pogrom wasnt already an ongoing periodic thing long before there was any coup.

There were pogroms even while he was head of state.
Not to mention the '53 pogroms were triggered by an Actuon Group member's statements. The North is living in deceit. There have been multiple pogroms thru the decades as well. Till the 2010s.

Not to talk about the change of direction towards fellow northerners of non H-Fulani stock. Banditry, village sacking etc.
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Christistruth00: 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2020
obynzo:

Oga Ojukwu did what he did whatever we are wishing is based on hindsight, mind you the field was not a level playing field as the West was backing Gowon so if there was a level playing field Awolowo's advice wouldn't have amounted to much. Let us really get that into perspective and stop the lies abeg.

Ojukwu fled in the end.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

Ojukwu fled in the end.

So how does it change the crux of the discussion. You guys don't even know how to spread propaganda, i have challenged you and you are desperately shifting goal posts
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Christistruth00: 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2020
obynzo:

So how does it change the crux of the discussion. You guys don't even know how to spread propaganda, i have challenged you and you are desperately shifting goal posts

At the most Critical Point of the War Ojukwu abandoned the very long-suffering People he claimed to be leading.

Remember Azikiwe and Col Hilary Njoku had already told Ojukwu he would be humiliated if he fought a War.

Col Hilary Njoku was Ojukwu's most experienced field Officer and was jailed for telling Ojukwu the East didn't have the means to win the Civil War so Ojukwu should Negotiate and keep on Negotiating.

When Ojukwu saw death and devastating defeat staring him in the Face Ojukwu fled.

Col Njoku Ojukwu's most experienced field Officer was released from Jail by the Victorious Federal Troops.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:46pm On Dec 30, 2020
obynzo:

But Ironsi that didn't last up to six months and only promulgated one decree the unitary decree which was later repealed by Gowon how did all laws get made by him? You see why I say most people maliciously twist history to suit their unconscious bias and their own narratives.

These revisionists know exactly what they’re doing! All this is an attempt to heap all the woes Nigeria is facing today at the door mouth of Ndigbo....never mind the fact we last held power at the centre in 1966! Their revisionist actions are also aimed at trying to checkmate the agitation for secession and to get as many other ethnicities (esp’ in the east/Niger-Delta) to see Igbos as ‘evil’ and out to ‘dominate/conquer’ them!

I keep on telling gullible ‘one Nigeria’ Igbos that there’s no way we can continue to share the same country with these sick bastards and expect to be safe and prosper as a people or region! If we don’t experience another gang-up like the kind we experienced in 1966-70, then our children will experience it....it’s a question of when not if! The kind of hate that galvanises them to do what they’re doing is driven by the same spirit that drove their fathers to do what they did in the late 60s!

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

At the most Critical Point of the War Ojukwu abandoned the very long-suffering People he claimed to be leading.

Remember Azikiwe had already told Ojukwu he would be humiliated if he fought a War.

When Ojukwu saw death and devastating defeat staring him in the Face Ojukwu fled.

You are shifting goal posts again. Yes Ojukwu fled and so what? Is that the crux of the discussion? You guys don't have any talk.
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Christistruth00: 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2020
obynzo:

You are shifting goal posts again. Yes Ojukwu fled and so what? Is that the crux of the discussion? You guys don't have any talk.

Col Hilary Njoku was Ojukwu's most experienced field Officer and was jailed for telling Ojukwu the East didn't have the means to win the Civil War and so Ojukwu should Negotiate and keep on Negotiating.

Col Njoku Ojukwu's most experienced field Officer was released from Jail by the Victorious Federal Troops , at a time when Ojukwu was nowhere to be found and his long-suffering People were dying of Starvation at an estimated rate of 6000 Precious Souls a day.

Ojukwu fled Biafra with his Mercedes Benz and about half a dozen of his girlfriends from the university of Nsukka.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

Col Hilary Njoku was Ojukwu's most experienced field Officer and was jailed for telling Ojukwu the East didn't have the means to win the Civil War and so Ojukwu should Negotiate and keep on Negotiating.

Col Njoku Ojukwu's most experienced field Officer was released from Jail by the Victorious Federal Troops , at a time when Ojukwu was nowhere to be found and his long-suffering People were dying of Starvation at an estimated rate of 6000 Precious Souls a day.

Ojukwu's actions in Biafra is not what we are discussing. You are just playing smart
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Christistruth00: 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2020
obynzo:

Ojukwu's actions in Biafra is not what we are discussing. You are just playing smart

Ojukwu was in full support of Decree 34 because it took power away from the Regions and gave all Power to Ironsi who had Ojukwu's ear.

Major Hassan Katsina who was the Governor of the Northern Region could not even attend Prime Minister Balewa's funeral in Bauchi because Ironsi refused him permission

That wasn't possible before Ironsi's Decree 34

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

Ojukwu was in full support of Decree 34 because it took power away from the Regions and gave all Power to Ironsi who had Ojukwu's ear.

Major Hassan Katsina who was the Governor of the Northern Region could not even attend Prime Minister Balewa's funeral in Bauchi because Ironsi refused him permission

Haaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you people have come again oooo with another lie when did Ironsi refuse Katsina permission to attend the burial of Balewa? Please show us any official document that said Ironsi refused Katsina permission. Haba !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys cannot relent in your pursuit of painting a dead man black because he is Igbo. You people should fear God with this your lies.
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Christistruth00: 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2020
obynzo:

Haaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you people have come again oooo with another lie when did Ironsi refuse Katsina permission to attend the burial of Balewa? Please show us any official document that said Ironsi refused Katsina permission. Haba !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys cannot relent in your pursuit of painting a dead man black because he is Igbo. You people should fear God with this your lies.

Ironsi refused Major Hassan Katsina permission to attend Prime Minister Balewa's funeral though he was Governor of the Northern Region go research it . It is not News

Meanwhile Ojukwu didn't even bother to ask Gowon for any Permission before practically officiating at Gen Ironsi's funeral

Can you see the double Standard of Ojukwu's support for Decree 34?
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

Ironsi refused Major Hassan Katsina permission to attend Prime Minister Balewa's funeral though he was Governor of the Northern Region go research it . It is not News

Meanwhile Ojukwu didn't even bother to ask Gowon for any Permission before practically officiating at Gen Ironsi's funeral

Can you see the double Standard of Ojukwu's support for Decree 34?

Oga please show us the official document showing Ironsi not giving Katsina permission to go for Balewa's burial. You guys should stop this lies
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Christistruth00: 5:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
obynzo:

Oga please show us the official document showing Ironsi not giving Katsina permission to go for Balewa's burial. You guys should stop this lies

Go and do your research yourself start with the British declassified documents you will find it

Stop denying the Truth

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:56pm On Dec 30, 2020
obynzo:

You are really a child with no sense obviously you are frustrated and pained that your evil plan of spreading hate against the igbo has failed. Oga go and be productive with your life and stop using hate as a means of daily bread and skull mining. I just pity your parents because you are a complete waste of sperm

Mr OSU from Aro ! It can only be your inherent delusion of grandeur that's blinded you to the fact that people can see through your concocted lies aimed at defending some lunatic Igbo men whose actions and inactions laid the faulty foundation for Nigeria's woes of today.

In a time of universal deceit,telling the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell. @Deadlytruth, your courage,tenacity and your resolve to tell it the way it is,is quite commendable.

The Germans lost the war and moved on to be better people who learned to shun extremism and madmen. They knew and accepted that they started a needless war that caused misery and devastation to themselves and others because they blindly followed the mad man Adolf Hitler.
Germans, because they learned the right lessons from their war loss, turned defeat into victory and great success. 

Not so for the petty and hateful Igbos. After harming yourselves following crazy Ojukwu, you remain wicked, without remorse, hateful and always committed to following one lunatic or the other be it Kanu, Abacha, FFK, Kemi Olunloyo etal because of your vengeful heart and dedication to getting even with Yorubas ,your imaginary enemies and other Nigerians. 

Note and very well so,even if all of you in that evil enclave of yours decide to start defending the unpatriotic and wicked actions of your kinsmen here,guilty verdict has already been passed on them. They are the root cause of everything that's wrong with Nigeria today. You will continue to pay the price for this treacherous act of your dead compatriots. Power will shift to the south come 2023 and you can be rest assured that an Igbo man won't be elected our President. You guys can't be trusted.

You're just a typical Igbo man who suffers an acute form of inferiority complex disguised by an appearance of superiority hence,the need to always aggrandize and inflate himself in a futile efforts at intimidating others

OSU,olori pelebe,bring it on ! This is the moment of truth.

@Deadlytruth,please continue doing the Lord's work. We've gat ya back !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

Go and do your research yourself start with the British declassified documents you will find it

Stop denying the Truth

Oga simply answer the question show us the evidence why are you playing smart? Show us the evidence that said Ironsi refused Katsina leave to attend Balewa's burial, and again where is the Federal government gazette that stated that Ironsi refused to allow Hassan Katsina to attend Balewa's burial? you think you can play smart by saying British declassified documents if really it exists show us let us see it in this forum.

Chai!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys can lie for Africa
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Mr OSU from Aro ! It can only be your inherent delusion of grandeur that's blinded you to the fact that people can see through your concocted lies aimed at defending some lunatic Igbo men whose actions and inactions laid the faulty foundation for Nigeria's woes of today.

In a time of universal deceit,telling the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell. @Deadlytruth, your courage,tenacity and your resolve to tell it the way it is,is quite commendable.

The Germans lost the war and moved on to be better people who learned to shun extremism and madmen. They knew and accepted that they started a needless war that caused misery and devastation to themselves and others because they blindly followed the mad man Adolf Hitler.
Germans, because they learned the right lessons from their war loss, turned defeat into victory and great success. 

Not so for the petty and hateful Igbos. After harming yourselves following crazy Ojukwu, you remain wicked, without remorse, hateful and always committed to following one lunatic or the other be it Kanu, Abacha, FFK, Kemi Olunloyo etal because of your vengeful heart and dedication to getting even with Yorubas ,your imaginary enemies and other Nigerians. 

Note and very well so,even if all of you in that evil enclave of yours decide to start defending the unpatriotic and wicked actions of your kinsmen here,guilty verdict has already been passed on them. They are the root cause of everything that's wrong with Nigeria today. You will continue to pay the price for this treacherous act of your dead compatriots. Power will shift to the south come 2023 and you can be rest assured that an Igbo man won't be elected our President. You guys can't be trusted.

You're just a typical Igbo man who suffers an acute form of inferiority complex disguised by an appearance of superiority hence,the need to always aggrandize and inflate himself in a futile efforts at intimidating others

OSU,olori pelebe,bring it on ! This is the moment of truth.

@Deadlytruth,please continue doing the Lord's work. We've gat ya back !

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the man you are referencing has gone silent and you are busy writing epistle. Oga you are simply a waste of sperm, your parents would be ashamed to sire a primate like you. You have lost in the game of hate speech just throw in the towel and try and be productive with your life.
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Christistruth00: 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2020
obynzo:

Oga simply answer the question show us the evidence why are you playing smart? Show us the evidence that said Ironsi refused Katsina leave to attend Balewa's burial, and again where is the Federal government gazette that stated that Ironsi refused to allow Hassan Katsina to attend Balewa's burial? you think you can play smart by saying British declassified documents if really it exists show us let us see it in this forum.

Chai!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys can lie for Africa

Go do your. research!!!!

Whether you believe it or not doesn't bother me the fact that it is the Truth that Ironsi refused Major Hassan Katsina permission to go to Prime Minister Balewa's funeral is enough for me
because in 20 years time it will still be the Truth.

Or are you scared of Truth?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:05am On Dec 31, 2020
obynzo:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the man you are referencing has gone silent and you are busy writing epistle. Oga you are simply a waste of sperm, your parents would be ashamed to sire a primate like you. You have lost in the game of hate speech just throw in the towel and try and be productive with your life.

Look at this shameless Faecal-Oha drinking OSU blockhead ! Don't you realise that when a sane man begins to argue too much with a mentally deranged person like you,people may not know the difference between the two of them again !

Kudos must be given to all those people,like my humble self,who endured a lunatic like you till this moment with the hope that perhaps, you could be saved from yourself ! You have never made any sense right from the beginning of the discourse. You've only been barking and shouting "Oga,Oga,Oga " up and down like you need a cure for some rabies infections. A useless emotional cretin like you.

In your deluded mind now,you have won this argument because reasonable people know when to stop arguing with a sick mind and have decided to stop honoring your stupidity any further. You seriously need some growing ups to catch. You must still be sucking your mama's breast going by some of your comments here.

Osu,now that you have been able to "convince" us with your "excellent" arguments that were devoid of insults about the innocence of those criminals from your evil axis, what's next ? Has it changed the third class citizenship status of your people ? Has it earned you the trust and respect of other Nigerians ? Do we now see Igbo people from an entirely different perspective ?

Definitely,you've shouted in futility and all your noise here amounts to nothing because we,other Nigerians still regard Igbo people as treacherous and we still hold them for all the woes of the country as being witnessed today.

Common sense is far from you if you don't realise that you've only succeeded in creating more enmities for your people with your toxic arguments. I know you don't care but you guys won't stop crying being marginalised. Such a stupid people !

Now go home and continue sucking your mama's breast as your putrid mouth reeks still of its stale milk.

OSU from Aro !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 12:05am On Dec 31, 2020
obynzo:

Who told you I have gone silent? Are you suggesting that you live on NL and have nothing else to do each day?

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 12:32am On Dec 31, 2020
nku5:

The coup was very popular in the country including the north until the propagandists among the northern intelligentsia and British intelligence began to incite the northerners. The coup remained very popular in the south until Ironsi was overthrown. The yorubas and Midwest ppl seeing that the north had succeeded in the counter coup, immediately acted like they were never happy about the overthrow of the Balewa government.

The nightmare of the 1st republic had many faces. From the civil war in the Western region called operation wetie that claimed thousands of lives, to the tiv riots, very shameless election rigging in the western region etc To finally break the camel's back the NPC/Akintola were planning to wallop the Western region and totally subdue It with plenty of bloodshed. It is that kind of madness in society that makes some young soldiers desperate enough to think that an illegal action like a coup can solve problems of their country. Like the journalist said clearly and any educated person knows, coups were very very common in those days. I am sure you know countries like Greece, Argentina and other developed countries had military rule until the 70s and 80s

That is why your analogy of "security man killing parents" is totally DOA. Today we have young people who have grown up seeing politicians stealing and killing without any repercussions. Those young kids now think they are justified to steal through Yahoo Yahoo. The environment will always bear fruit in its own image. Up north the fruit we are seeing is banditry and terrorism

So a coup which killed the cream de la cream of Northern leaders and left their Igbo counterparts untouched for running a corruption ridden government needed the British propaganda to make Northerners feel disgusted with such a coup? I guess it was also the British propaganda it took for Ojukwu to get disgruntled with the killings of Igbos in the North hence he declared Biafra?

And how really developed today are your Greece and Argentina where military thrived till the eighties compared with the US, Germany, UK, Japan etc which remain top on world power ranking? Are you comparing apples and oranges?
Your claim that it was after the counter coup that the West and Midwest began to act as they never supported your Igbo coup is the biggest joke of the year. You mean the Midwest people were all happy about the Igbo coupists torture to death of their son Okotie-Eboh, and the West was happy with the brutal and cold blooded murder of their illustrious sons like Shodeinde, Ademulegun, Akintola, etc all before the Counter coup? You must have assumed that Westerners and Midwesterners are like you Igbos who really don't get pained by the gruesome murder of your own people hence you always chose the North for political alliance almost immediately after they finish slaughtering your brothers in large numbers. Only you Igbos are actually that stupid. No other tribe shares that anomalous sadomasochistic DNA with Igbos.
If the background circumstances of the First Republic justified the senseless Nzeogwu coup as you laboured in vain to convince the public here, then stop crying over your loss of over 3 million souls which resulted from the chain of events the coup sparked off. And if we are to follow your analogy in your last paragraph above, don't you think those who planned and executed the equally bloody revenge coup did so because they saw the planners and executors of the first coup get away with selective and lopsided killings?

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 12:45am On Dec 31, 2020
gidgiddy:

You dont know what you are talking about. The Regions were made up of provinces same way states are made up of Local Governments. The civil service standards that Ironsi introduced is what Nigeria still uses to this day.

Ironsi met 4 Regions, he left 4 Regions. Gowon met 4 Regions, he left 12 states

Ironsi met resource control, he left resource control. Gowon met resource control, resource control disappeared under him

Ironsi met fiscal federalism and the revenue sharing formular agreed at independence. He left it as it was. Gowon used decree 14 to remove fiscal federalism and changed the revenue sharing formular

For years, people have been blaming Ironsi for what Gowon did. Ironsi did not actually do anything wrong, his only crime was that he was an Igbo man. All those who came after Ironsi did far worse than Ironsi ever did but people dont talk about them because they were Northerners

Hypocrisy
It is you that don't know what you are talking about.

I don't know how many times one has to repeat this for you to get it into your skull.
The resentment about Ironsi has nothing to do with how many subnational units he met and how many he left.
It is rather about how autonomous he met them and how autonomous they were when he left. Look if he had created 1 billion provinces and 300,000 groups of provinces and never stripped them of their civil services cum autonomy like the former regions had, no one would be complaining about him today. After all, the minorities in the regions back then were all already agitating for further split of the regions so that they too might enjoy the autonomy in place thus have the opportunity to govern themselves and be free from the domination of the big three. But Ironsi came in and further centralized everything by his Unification Decree and centralization of the public service which effectively killed resource control. By so doing he did the exact opposite of what the general public had been agitating for. That is the issue. Stop being evasive.

Contrary to your claim, no government which came after Ironsi did worse than him. In actual fact the worst thing that can happen to a young thriving democracy is the introduction of military rule and the subversion of a constitution drafted by the people themselves.
Now tell me which other military ruler was guilty of introducing military rule into a democracy and also subverting a we-the-people constitution.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Dedetwo(m): 12:48am On Dec 31, 2020
Christistruth00:

If this crap was given to you by your parents, such mode of education is pitiful. If the Decree #34 took power from the region and gave to Ironsi or placed power at the center, why did Ojukwu, a mere "regional governor" opposed Gowon at the center of power? Nigeria is not called basket of fools for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 12:55am On Dec 31, 2020
Dedetwo:

If this crap was given to you by your parents, such mode of education is pitiful. If the Decree #34 took power from the region and gave to Ironsi or placed power at the center, why did Ojukwu, a mere "regional governor" opposed Gowon at the center of power? Nigeria is not called basket of fools for nothing.

You seem to have forgotten that as at the time Ojukwu was opposing Gowon in the capacity of regional governor, Gowon had reversed some of Ironsi's centripetal Decrees and restored the regions back to a semi-autonomous status.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 1:02am On Dec 31, 2020
obynzo:

Another fat lie again. Oga show us evidence that the HQ was moved to the eastern region and again it was after the Western Region cross carpeting saga instigated by Awo that made NCNC seem like an Igbo party.

At the time the UPGA alliance was being proposed between AG and NCNC with the objective of correcting Zik's blunder of aligning Igbos with the North against his fellow other Southern tribes, wasn't it from the East that Michael Okpara the leader of NCNC and other leading NCNC members were sent to Ibadan to meet with the wife of incarcerated Awolowo as the leader of the remnants of the AG? With this do you still need further evidence that the NCNC headquarters was shifted from Lagos to the East by Zik?

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 1:05am On Dec 31, 2020
gidgiddy:

Ironsi died in 1966, that means no Igbo man has ruled Nigeria in nearly 55 years. Why didnt the rest of you Nigerians that have been in control take us all to the dreams of our founding fathers in 55 years?

An attempt was made by Obasanjo in 1978 to correct Ironsi's blunder so that we could return to true federalism or at least a semblance of it but it was still an Igbo man that sabotaged the process. You wanna know how?

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 1:08am On Dec 31, 2020
obynzo:

There were other people there Wada was there, Ribadu was there and Mbadiwe was there none of them said that Ironsi bullied them into handing over. Don't you think it is all lies?
And did these other people ever denounce the account when both Akinjide and Shagari gave it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 1:12am On Dec 31, 2020
obynzo:

Oga i repeat you are just a disgruntled element with no talk just to come online to spread hate, that is why you don't want to back down because your plans have been exposed and you have been beaten flat. Guy go and rest and join us in Buhari's Nigeria

You obviously have run out of cock and bull story responses.
The question again: Why was nothing said let alone agreed in Aburi on time to resume political activities towards elections if the genuine objective of the summit was about returning Nigeria to the pre-Ironsi status quo?

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 1:16am On Dec 31, 2020
bigpicture001:

Yes.....its dem

So why then haven't they given us the federalism?

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 1:21am On Dec 31, 2020
Dedetwo:

Why do people from certain section of Nigeria tend to make fool of themselves in public? The constitutional conferences does not equate to writing a constitution. When Azikiwe was the Governor-General of Nigeria in 1960, he was just representative of HRM Queen Elizabeth. Every reference of authority ends with his HRM and UK Parliament. However in 1963 when the Nigeria became a Republic, the HRM Queen Elizabeth changed to President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and UK Parliament changed to the Parliament of Federal Republic of Nigeria. The 1963 Federal Republic of Nigeria constitution was mere edited version of 1960 constitution.

I will for now pretend not to see your penchant for abusive language but know it now that you have no monopoly of it. I believe in civilized engagement. That said, may I ask you where and how the independence Constitution came into being.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 1:25am On Dec 31, 2020
Dedetwo:

The Dailylie does not know the difference between constitutional conference and writing of a constitution.
So where and how did the Independence Constitution come about Mr. Sophistry a.k.a. Ode two? You sound too arrogant and idiotic. Why do you have this penchant for abusive language? The same you who argued that the constitution expired when Nzeogwu and co struck yet ran away when asked what constitution thereafter gave Ironsi the recognition as GOC to take over power? Don't let me focus on your follies here.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (28) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Is 44, His Mother Dies At 101 — Did She Have Him At 57? / US Vs Iran: Nigeria’s Islamic Supreme Council Reacts, Issues Warning / EFCC To Ayo Fayose: See You Soon (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.