Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,536 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 (23576 Views)

Cassava To Ethanol Plant In Ondo Ready For Operation Soon (Photos) / Absolutely Free Binary Options Tutorial For Beginners –U Must Be Ready To Learn. / Dangote Refinery: Africa’s Biggest Refinery Takes Shape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
GboyegaD:
My only concern is the absence of anti thrust. The guy is killing competition in every industry he gets into.
i kinda concur with you
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by Lovelyn451(f): 10:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
Business without passion...rubbish products!!
Only a mumu will buy dangote salt over Mr chef's or dangote noodles over indomie, or his sugar over St.Louis...his products are wack

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by GboyegaD(m): 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2020
Asour:

How ?

Besides his refinery (not producing yet), mention any of the industries where he plays and is the single player.

The man has influence though, but he sell no product you can't buy else where. If he gives better than the competition , good for us.

IpobAntidote:

Pls tell us which industry he has killed or where he has govt imposed monopoly.

portacabin:
like which industry

During Obasanjo's first regime, he single handedly destroyed the cement industry. You may choose to read up more if you want to know more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by GboyegaD(m): 10:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
ednut1:
put your money where your mouth his. He failed in some other businesses like noodles and sold it to indomie later. Why not kill indomie. Cement lafarge too is making money and bua. Una go just siddon dey type rubbish

Seems you just want to chase clouts otherwise you would sit down and read about the Nigerian cement in the early 2000s. Who's sitting down and typing rubbish if not you? What do you know about the cement industry?
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by Friend22(m): 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2020
stevmatt15:
Hope he won't plan trying to go into monopoly just as he did to IBETO AND BUA?
This man is trying to be a manufacturer of all products in Nigeria. Rest abit let others chop naw. Habaaaa. Nawa ooo
DANGOTE OIL, SALT, FLOUR, SUGAR, CEMENT, WHEAT, everything. Soon we will be hearing DANGOTE PEPPER, CRYFISH AND ONIONS

Did he stop anyone from investing too?
This kind amebo mentality you guys carry around is another problem
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by joshuaidibia(m): 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
flyingpig:
with active assistance of federal govt
His refinery is also ready by 2022

They're just using him to launder money. Just like the movie Ozark

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by charli5(m): 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
GboyegaD:
My only concern is the absence of anti thrust. The guy is killing competition in every industry he gets into.

How does Dangote kill competition. Most of us know nothing happening right outside their we just talk without proper analysis of Nigeria manufacturing sector.

1. Don’t we import over 90% of our fertilizer?
2. Don’t we import over 90% of our petroleum products?
3. Has Dangote not sold his flour mill? Did he survive in that flour industry
4. Even in the cement industry other competitors are now growing rapidly likes of BUA
5. Did Dangote make profit in the tomato paste industry?
6. Did Dangote survive the Beverage sub-sector?
7. How much has he lost in NSE this year?

Do a research on this and you have some understanding

3 Likes

Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by GboyegaD(m): 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
charli5:

How does Dangote kill competition. Most of us know nothing happening right outside their we just talk without proper analysis of Nigeria manufacturing sector.

1. Don’t we import over 90% of our fertilizer?
2. Don’t we import over 90% of our petroleum products?
3. Has Dangote not sold his flour mill? Did he survive in that flour industry
4. Even in the cement industry other competitors are now growing rapidly likes of BUA
5. Did Dangote make profit in the tomato paste industry?
6. Did Dangote survive the Beverage sub-sector?
7. How much has he lost in NSE this year?

Do a research on this and you have some understanding

We import and he most times got sole license to import and package in Nigeria, isn't that monopolizing the industry? I guess you need understand better his modus operandi and what monopoly entails.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by phr33man(m): 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
Balenciagaokey:
grin grin grin

Dangote wants to conquer all sectors in Nigeria.
If 70% of politicians, can invest their loots like dangote: Nigeria will be a great country.

Make I chop first I dey come..
Madam abeg put more kpomo for that my food.

Who told you many of our politicians ain't hiding heir loots under him? I'm yet to believe he solely owns this enormous wealth in Nigeria. I'm not saying he's not wealthy but not as they say. There are some white angels investors who are politicians behind him..... Any looted funds placed under a man like dangote is gone for good because he's already seen as a stinkly wealthy man. And that's where he gets more of his wealth. I have nothing against dangote. In fact he's my closest mentor being a Nigerian Billionaire industralist. I wish to meet him one day and possibly surpass him. So help me God.

I'm only sharing my view
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by GboyegaD(m): 10:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

A man who built wealth from economic favoritism and disadvantaged competitors. Helped by his political friends and northern autocrats, the wealth of a thousand indigenous billionaires now rest on the shoulders ONE man.

Richdad

Ednut1, you may want to read this to understand my position better.
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by charli5(m): 10:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
[quote author=GboyegaD post=91824025]

We import and he most times got sole license to import and package in Nigeria, isn't that monopolizing the industry? I guess you need understand better his modus operandi and what monopoly entails. [/quote

Tell me one thing he imports and only him has sole license in the whole of Nigeria? Mention

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by charli5(m): 10:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
GboyegaD:

We import and he most times got sole license to import and package in Nigeria, isn't that monopolizing the industry? I guess you need understand better his modus operandi and what monopoly entails.

Tell me one thing he imports and only him has sole license in the whole of Nigeria? Mention

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by kayjay69(m): 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2020
Just to put it in perspective, this fertiliser plant is just half of what Kyari is on record to have fleeced from OML 11 via Sahara Energy.

This is why I continue to say things will not go right with this country called Nigeria until it is split, each to go it's own way. Ofcourse there are no guarantees, but everyone will be either forced to think or go extinct, it is that simple.
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by otokx(m): 10:53pm On Jul 17, 2020
Are the dates being shifted?
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by GboyegaD(m): 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2020
charli5:

Cement (this is the major source of his wealth) in the early 2000s when Obasanjo withdrew the license he initially gave to companies to import and allowed only Dangote to because he was going to fund his second term election since Atiku wasn't supportive at that time.

Subsequently, in 2012, when FG was phasing out import license for Cement, Dangote got an exclusive mining license for limestone and other additive materials for cement.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by steve6: 11:07pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ok
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by mamaafrik(m): 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2020
Lekan239:
2021 what, and I'm slated for an interview with them Tomorrow
1st or 2nd interview phase?
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by okunwaye(m): 11:27pm On Jul 17, 2020
Nice one smiley[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by Abusadiq01(m): 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
Money no dey tire dis man?
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by grandstar(m): 11:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
GboyegaD:

There should be an import duty of max 10% on imported fertiliser. That would be fair to both him and consumers. An outright ban on the importation will lead to him controlling the industry and to some extent the prices.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by legatto(m): 11:56pm On Jul 17, 2020
GboyegaD:
Anti trust ke, when it is the same government that will formulate and implement the law that is aiding him. Anti trust works only when there is level playing ground. He is diverting from one industry to another helping most of them launder out national treasure
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by ednut1(m): 12:07am On Jul 18, 2020
GboyegaD:

Ednut1, you may want to read this to understand my position better.
he did not stop others from investing in a refinery. He failed in tomato paste and noodles. If he is what u say he is. He would have killed his competitors. Stop hating on the man. They have been rich for more than 3 generations. He is this he his that he should have killer dufil na

Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by GboyegaD(m): 12:13am On Jul 18, 2020
ednut1:
he did not stop others from investing in a refinery. He failed in tomato paste and noodles. If he is what u say he is. He would have killed his competitors. Stop hating on the man. They have been rich for more than 3 generations. He is this he his that he should have killer dufil na

Apparently you just want to argue and i do not think there is any need to further explain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by Clothingonline9(m): 1:12am On Jul 18, 2020
Great investment Aliko
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by Nifemi2512(m): 1:28am On Jul 18, 2020
Nice move.

Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by ofiko123(m): 1:46am On Jul 18, 2020
DEEBOZZ:
People like Dangote and other billionaires go die too

Yeah..they will die like the rest of mankind..
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by Whobedatte(m): 2:18am On Jul 18, 2020
Lovelyn451:
Business without passion...rubbish products!!
Only a mumu will buy dangote salt over Mr chef's or dangote noodles over indomie, or his sugar over St.Louis...his products are wack
Dangote salt is seriously gaining a large market share and giving Mrchef a run for its money
infact , he use to be the market leader and went to sleep before MRCHEF disposed him of the market share
Right now , he is building a salt refinery and trust me, Mr chef will be history in few years time.
Dangote salt is quality while MRCHEF is quantity due to fats composition in its pack.

Dangote edible salt is the market MARKET LEADER in nigeria since day 1 .
Mrchef is the MARKET LEADER in REFINED SALT CATEGORY.

DANGOTE indomie is nothing compared to INDOMIE NOODLES and i must admit INDOMIE is Nigeria s number 1 in the pasta/noodles category .
of course, he cant be everywhere .
This competitive report is from a field manager who has worked on both brands
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by cheerishMe: 2:26am On Jul 18, 2020
tribalwarlord:
Otu nne ndi Yoruba !!!
nwayoo nu buko

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by middlebelter(m): 2:30am On Jul 18, 2020
GboyegaD:

It will come with time. First let's protect him against external competition , there after the legislature will strengthen anti trust law. We seriously need the USD that will come from Aliko Dangote"s plant.
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by stonemasonn: 3:24am On Jul 18, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

A man who built wealth from economic favoritism and disadvantaged competitors. Helped by his political friends and northern autocrats, the wealth of a thousand indigenous billionaires now rest on the shoulders ONE man.

Richdad
I smell jealousy.
Re: Dangote’s $2 Billion Fertiliser Plant To Be Ready By 2021 by Decive: 4:30am On Jul 18, 2020
Will it bring opportunities for local poor people to make money?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted / MMM: 7 Reasons Why Real Entrepreneurs Are Not Interested / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.