Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity (47038 Views)

Delta Teenage Schoolgirls Lured Into Prostitution In Lagos (Photo) / Lagos Schoolboys Gang-Rape Schoolgirls, Initiate Them Forcefully / Thugs Who Kidnapped Edo Zoo Director, Killed 3 Policemen In The Process Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by BleedingPen: 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
The families of Faith Ojemire and Faith Esekgabona, female undergraduate students have cried out to security agencies in the country to help secure the release of their daughters from kidnappers.

Ms Ojemire, a student of the Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, was reportedly abducted in Edo State by some unknown gunmen on December 8, 2019.

CAMPUS GIST gathered that Ms Ojemire's family paid the sum of N500,000 (five hundred thousand naira) to the abductors as ransom to secure the release of their daughter.

However, despite paying the huge sum, Ojemire's family are yet to see their daughter 7 months after — as the kidnappers refused to release her.

The family have expressed worries over the wellbeing of Ms. Ojemire as there are still no trace of her whereabouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gThQS6rXK6A/

In a similar development, kidnappers are yet to release Ms. Faith Esekgabona, who was also abducted in Edo State to an unknown destination.

A student of the Federal Polytechnic, Auchi, CAMPUS GIST gathered that Ms Esekgabona was kidnapped in November 23, 2019.

She is also yet to regain freedom despite her family paying the sum of N360,000 ransom as demanded by the abductors — to secure her release.

As at the time of filing this report, her location remain unknown and has been a cause of worry for her distraught family members.

CAMPUS GIST gathered that some suspects were arrested early this year by the police in Edo state where the victims’ phones were recovered from them.

According to the Ojemires, the police tracked the phones to the boys while attempting to kidnap another victim at the University of Benin. The suspects have, however, refused to give any useful information.

The victims’ families, in a clip obtained by CAMPUS GIST, appealed to the police and managements of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma and the Federal Polytechnic, Auchi to intensify strong efforts towards rescuing the two female undergraduates unhurt.

Sources told CAMPUS GIST on Friday that officials of the National Association of Edo State Students (NAESS) are now planning a peaceful protest to demand for the release of their colleagues.

https://campusgist.com.ng/2020/07/17/eight-months-after-kidnapped-edo-schoolgirls-remain-in-captivity/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by SmartProf(m): 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
So heartbreaking. Your government failed you, and those who did this evil have lost touch with humanity.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by Mraphel: 9:56pm On Jul 17, 2020
Obaseki tenure frustrated Edo people into crimes

Obaseki must go....Edo is not Igboland they don't worship and vote PDP godfathers

25 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by Xcellente10(m): 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2020
Mraphel:
Obaseki tenure frustrated Edo people into crime

Obaseki must go....Edo is not Igboland they don't worship and vote PDP godfathers
How is this related to politics now.

169 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by Mraphel: 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
Xcellente10:
Crime has tripled during Obaseki government. Killings here and there. Another four term will be disastrous

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by BleedingPen: 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2020
Lalasticlala FP please let the authority see this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by samincredible44(m): 11:13pm On Jul 17, 2020
Mraphel:

the distance between you and common sense is like the distance Lagos and Dubai

219 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by Randy111(m): 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2020
Xcellente10:

The guy you quoted is a retard. Let's ignore him pls

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
I can’t say Nigeria is a fail state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by tollyboy5(m): 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2020
Lol in Nigeria the life of the poor is not safe. I think its high time Nigeria tech lords form an anonymous company that'll hack all database and expose many politicians and kidnappers hidout, when if we start it, e go later turn to selfish Mata .

5 Likes

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by tollyboy5(m): 12:01am On Jul 18, 2020
Mraphel:

Did you read what you typed? I'm very sure you didnt

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by moderatedguy: 3:38am On Jul 18, 2020
Mraphel:

shut it

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by Xisnin(m): 3:43am On Jul 18, 2020
The victims may be dead.

9 Likes

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by chuka5000(m): 4:15am On Jul 18, 2020
Mraphel:

pls how does this news connect with iboland.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by 2cribz: 5:50am On Jul 18, 2020
They would be pregnant by now

5 Likes

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by kingthreat(m): 7:21am On Jul 18, 2020
Can the national media blow a massive horn on this. The bloody kidnappers must have turned these girls to sex slaves. What is the difference between them and Boko Haram. This is saddening.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by supercase1(m): 7:45am On Jul 18, 2020
SmartProf:
So heartbreaking. Your government failed you, and those who did this evil have lost touch with humanity.
Fulani herdsmen

2 Likes

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by callmeRichie(m): 8:39am On Jul 18, 2020
I'm not surprised their state government are doing nothing on this angry when the federal government sef couldn't secure the bailing of Sharibu Leah!!!

As much as their account balances are growing, crime is growing!!

2 Likes

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by Pharraooh76(m): 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
Na wa oh e b things
Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by ebujany(m): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
Wow
Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by Anneka101(f): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
As humans you can can imagine the trauma she is going through for 7months without her loved ones.

A country where we have the NPF, Army, Airforce and all kind of security agencies and families still pay Ransome.

She has not been rescued just because she is not from a family of politicians or elites. She is just a regular citizen. May Almighty help her out safe and sound.

Just too painful
Bulk sales of Luminous inverter and luminous battery 220AH Tubular.
Battery; SOLAR PANEL 150WATTS
SOLAR PANEL 250WATTS 24V

090 5042 9481

And Installation. Check my profile and contact me.

5 Likes

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by IgbalodeRaymond: 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mraphel:

yeroba Muslim spotted

7 Likes

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by Stephendeals: 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2020

Insecurity in Nigeria is increasing on a daily basis...

I pray they are rescued safely....

7 months is a long time to be in captivity ....Hopefully the worst have not happened, i cant imagine the trauma the family is going through at this point in time....

3 Likes

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by Etinosa1234: 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mraphel:

My Guy.. u nor dey Edo ..nor dey talk like dis

10 Likes

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by Lovelyn451(f): 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mraphel:

so you can be frustrated into taking the life of two innocent girls?

This guy should be arrested and thoroughly investigated...he's a murderer!!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by StubbornGENIUS: 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2020
Even the kidnappers are heartless.A deal should be a deal.Hopefully the girls would be found soon,alive and healthy.

2 Likes

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by Apologize(m): 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2020
So sad but why has the Police and other Security Forces not yet get to the Root of this matter?

I have a sister..and I can't imagine how I will feel if my sister is kidnapped someday.. I forbid it.

1 Like

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by NaijaOlosho(f): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2020
This is not normal, they must have killed them

1 Like

Re: Faith Ojemire & Esekgabona: Kidnapped Edo Schoolgirls Still In Captivity by UmehzEmmanuel(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mraphel:

My friend, no reasonable person plays politics with human lives.

If you wish to brandish your political preferences there are tons of threads you could comfortably besiege rather than one that evokes misery and despair.

The whole thing you wrote up there truly makes no sense.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Names And Photos Of The Victims Of Owo Massacre / How I Bought Stolen Lexus SUV For N130,000, By Suspect (photo) / The Thieves Who Stole My Iphone (pics included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.