Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Life Story: Felt Sick Of Success, What's Up Entrepreneurs? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Life Story: Felt Sick Of Success, What's Up Entrepreneurs? (251 Views)

Please Nairalanders, Which Network Do You Buy Data From. Im Sick Of Using Mtn. / (LESSON 3):--- The Magic Key To Success, What Is This Magic Key? / Why Nigerians Haven’t Felt Impact Of Exit From Recession – NBS Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Story: Felt Sick Of Success, What's Up Entrepreneurs? by WordpressPhysco: 7:23am On Jul 18, 2020
, So, as a Digital Marketer, today I'm not sharing how to make money online, be a freelancer or any sort to save our youths.

I want to share the life some of us pursue but might turn a nightmare when the real success actually comes.

Here's the success story...

Ok this is probably a weird one, but I need some advice.

Writing this, I felt like I couldn't write 'my success'. It just feels like something is broken and all of this money is like a mistake?

I sell a lot of online digital products (software) and my income has been really skyrocketing this year. Several years ago I was really proud when I first got 50$ a day, and now I get 5000$ a day. It's just surreal. I pay my taxes try to stay on top of it but I feel like it's just impossible or something.

I just can't look at these numbers -- I have this constant feeling like I did something wrong. My wife loves to see the numbers but it doesn't make me feel good...I just feel like I can't breathe.

I don't want to buy anything, I like my old computer and my shit car. We only spend about 2000$ a month. The rest I just put into my index funds.

My wife doesn't really like to buy stuff either, but she likes to send some money to her family. They are struggling these days because they are just basically farmers in a poor asian country.

The government buys their crop but lately they just live on 100$ or 200 a month.

Have any of you had this feeling? I thought success would feel amazing but I still feel the same way. In fact, I had to set a strict budget otherwise I was legit just getting depressed.

It felt like everything in the shop was free, not like I actually had a bunch of money. That resulted in this weird panic buying thing where I just always bought the most expensive stuff I could find.

What's your story if you've at all found success?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Story: Felt Sick Of Success, What's Up Entrepreneurs? by Chris525: 7:55am On Jul 18, 2020
You probably need a break or a fresh challenge. All that money without satisfaction & a sense fulfilment is a waste. Press F5. Break free, take a trip. Go on a long vacation, visit places. Meet new people, make new friends, do the things you always wanted to do.

Diversify your investment. I suggest another line of business. This time not mainly for returns but interest.

3 Likes

Re: Life Story: Felt Sick Of Success, What's Up Entrepreneurs? by WordpressPhysco: 11:12am On Jul 18, 2020
Hi, that's a good intake. Thanks.
Re: Life Story: Felt Sick Of Success, What's Up Entrepreneurs? by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 11:36am On Jul 18, 2020
And here I am looking for business start-up capital.

Set a benchmark for your profits and donate the excess to some noble cause.

Also, find another area of interest that really exerts you and breaks the monotony.

1 Like

Re: Life Story: Felt Sick Of Success, What's Up Entrepreneurs? by Bloghomies(m): 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
Often time, we think money is the source of happiness. We give success the wrong definition, whereas we were merely trying to fit Into the society.

The society's definition of success is big house, big cars, and a fat account!

But does that lead to happiness?

Acquiring more only set the urge to acquire more. The hunger never ends, and failing to attain the next height is depressing.

Peace of mind, happiness and fulfillment comes when you understand that we are a product of a big cosmos joke.

Enjoy the moment, be grateful for this experience! At the end, it was all for nothing!

Why worry?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Story: Felt Sick Of Success, What's Up Entrepreneurs? by WordpressPhysco: 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
Yeah, that sounds nice already. Thanks.
Re: Life Story: Felt Sick Of Success, What's Up Entrepreneurs? by Amhappy(f): 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2020
@WordpressPhysco Maybe you will get that feeling by touching lives of others positively (please I need this touch) and diverging into other sectors. Monotony kills excitement. What makes my life meaningful is when I get positive feedback from someone I assisted with an opportunity. I can smile for a whole week.
Re: Life Story: Felt Sick Of Success, What's Up Entrepreneurs? by WordpressPhysco: 10:36am On Jul 19, 2020
DIVINEEVIDENCE:
And here I am looking for business start-up capital.

Set a benchmark for your profits and donate the excess to some noble cause.

Also, find another area of interest that really exerts you and breaks the monotony.

Nice input as well. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

What Lucrative Business Can I Invest 300,000 Into? / Mathias Valon: Must Follow Top Notched, A Best French Entrepreneur Who Establish / Palm Kernel Nut Processors Meet Buyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.