Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United (23520 Views)

Bailly: Man Utd Should Avoid Favouring English Players & Give Everyone A Chance / Why VAR Is Favouring Manchester United Says Lampard / EPL: Referees Under Fire For ‘favouring’ Liverpool At Anfield (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by jumper524(m): 9:13am On Jul 18, 2020
The Blues boss has outlined concerns relating to the officials and their technology ahead of Sunday's big clash at Wembley Stadium
Frank Lampard has admitted to concerns that
Manchester United are getting a run of VAR decisions in their favour ahead of Chelsea 's FA Cup clash with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side at Wembley.

United have had a number of high profile decisions go in their favour this season, the most recent coming on Thursday when Crystal Palace's Jordan Ayew had a goal ruled out for a marginal offside, before Victor Lindelof appeared to bring down Wilfried Zaha in the box but no penalty was given.

Palace chairman Steve Parrish complained on Twitter, saying “Is VAR broken?”

After Man United's 2-0 win at Stamford Bridge in February, Lampard complained about VAR ruling out a Kurt Zouma goal and missing a potential Harry Maguire red card incident.

"People said it would favour big teams maybe, because of the pressure or fan influence," Lampard told reporters on Friday. "But those days are gone. VAR has come in to try and change that, not just favouring teams but just to get the right decision.

"But there is always a human element to VAR, still, and clearly they have to make a decision. The confusing thing about some of the recent ones, and the one on Thursday night, is that it’s a very, very clear and obvious decision that was wrong and didn’t get reviewed and changed.
"A few of those have happened and that is strange. I would like to think that with VAR you have to be level headed. Some might go against you or not, but we seem to be in a period where, in terms of Manchester United, they’ve got a few in their favour. It would be nice if VAR worked in our favour in this one."

Indeed, Lampard had previously complained that Bruno Fernandes' penalty against Aston Villa shoudn't have been given, with VAR not overturning a contentious decision just over a week ago.

It was the third penalty United have won since the restart and Lampard admitted that he will tell his defenders not to dive in against their speedy attack.

"They have to be careful because when players of such high level, quality and speed of the Manchester United forwards travel quickly, you have to move your feet and not dive in on them," he said.

"That’s an important part of defending at any point in time, but [especially] when you understand the qualities of the opposition, with players like that.

"The players don’t have to give that. As a player, we can talk about VAR decisions and whether they’re right or wrong but if a player is going to dangle a leg and not move their feet, then you obviously do leave yourself open to penalties, VAR or no VAR."

Chelsea were knocked out of the Carabao Cup and lost both league games to Man United this season. However, Lampard wants his side to put revenge out of their minds and disagrees it is similar to the rivalry that developed between his previous club Derby County and Leeds United last season.

“That was a different circumstance; there was a lot more to that, a lot of off the field stuff," Lampard concluded. "When I say I’m not too concerned about it, of course, the detail of the game and knowing the quality of their players.
"They counter-attacked us at Old Trafford to great effect, pretty similar at the Bridge, so I won’t go short on those details. What I don’t want to get caught up in is that we must have revenge because of that.

"Because at the moment in the league we are fighting, we are one point ahead, it’s going to be tight, those three defeats are just part of our season, the Carabao Cup is long gone, the FA Cup is what is in front of us and we just respect them for what they are, a very good team with very good individuals, playing in great form.
"The Leeds one was clearly different because of outside things that happened, with Manchester United, it’s two big teams, going against each other and we want to win the game for what it is.”

https://www.goal.com/en/news/lampard-var-is-favouring-man-united-as-he-fears-repeat/vy1ao2y770131j0bpakfhhzsv

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by ItsGoodToBeGood: 9:19am On Jul 18, 2020
No be lie. VAR is beginning to disappoint our trust. Hope Ferguson is not part of this VAR

168 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by paulolee(m): 9:25am On Jul 18, 2020
he's right...same with Livarpool and madrid
the truth abt the matter is that some clubs are lucky with Var decisions and others are always unluky because hardly favour them..
the problem i have with Var is that even though some professionals are in the var room to help the refree recheck his decision about his wrong calls, it still give some bias and sentimental decisions to favour some "special teams" and ends it up saying "its part of fifa rules"
nobody is complaining about goal line technology unlike VAR and i still insist that VAR isnt needed in football..

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by jumper524(m): 9:30am On Jul 18, 2020
ItsGoodToBeGood:
No be lie. VAR is beginning to disappoint our trust. Hope Ferguson is not part of this VAR
even united fans knows this.
honestly, they've spoiled the genuity of the game.
decisions must always favour man.u.
I don taya

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by just2endowed: 9:52am On Jul 18, 2020
That Fernandes na diver.... The guy understood var and he has perfected way to win penalty.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by Donniest22(m): 10:19am On Jul 18, 2020
VAR or no VAR, oga you are going down tomorrow

189 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by proxillin(m): 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
Its clear for all to see. And good Lampard is talking about because in the next FA game, VAR is what they will use to sink Chelsea.

Lampard is clever to talk about it. Thank God he is English boy, FA wont do him anything.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by KimVenom(m): 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2020
Most of you are talking out of personal interest, true VAR made some mistakes, but look at Juventus and the penalties there are having lately, why not talk about them if you wrong you are wrong, when VAR made a mistake for Manchester United, Southampton and Tottenham EPL apologize and they admit they were wrong decisions. As for Madrid they deserve the title by the way Barcelona is shit now compared to before.

If you wanna judge go straight, when they was no var you all wanted EPL to have it. Now they do you are complaining.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by SmartProf(m): 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2020
Is VAR responsible for opposition players getting into your penalty area in attempt of scoring? I hate excuses...build your team as an aggressively attacking one and see if they will not sweep away opponents and have numerous goal attempts, so much so that VAR will even have reasons to review possible stuffs. To majorly depend on VAR's favour in winning games, you must be attempting to score goals.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by Buhari2023(m): 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lampard neva see anything

Your eyes go clear grin

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by henry4991(m): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
Na una sabi
Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by PrimeWatermark: 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
For Sonographer, Nursing and Cook Vacancies. Kindly check the thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/5992227/prime-watermark-job-vacancies
Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
GGMU

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by Gwan2(m): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
VAR had admitted some erroneous decisions they made earlier, the question is why are these errors in Man Utd favor two out of three.
Anyway, I think Mr Lampard adopted the Mourinho strategy of psychologically putting pressure on the officials before a match..well, it might or might not work in his Favor.
I am a Chelsea fan so don’t expect my views to be unbias anyway.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by Saheed9: 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
True talk
Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by loadedvibes: 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
This don begin talk like Jose.

Anyway come and buy kids Educational Tablets for your children to help them stay ahead of their peers view my profile now

4 Likes

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by HundredWays(m): 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
grin
Lampard the wailer grin grin

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by rowspoetry(m): 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
VAR United.
Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by Uyi168: 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by techmo(m): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2020
grin

Man Utd and manipulating games through corrupt officials

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by BigTableShaker(f): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2020
Donniest22:
VAR or no VAR, oga you are going down tomorrow
I pity you

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by Ovie56(m): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2020
If you like let them beat you for the 4th time in one season, you're already their pigeon, and you've already over achieved this season due to the lack of quality in the premier league this season, if this was 2012-2016 season with this kind of performaces, chelsea will be somewhere between 10-13

16 Likes

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by Perfecttouchade: 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2020
Hmm
Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2020
VAR aka VARchester united and LiVARpool

Frank Lampard should consult Sir Alex Varguson to get some tips on how to use Var in winning games.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by jo2222(m): 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2020
True Football Fans knows that VAR is removing the passion of the game,in advance of tomorrow Man U Fans ready oo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by Bluezy13(m): 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2020
Did he actually say that...

Perhaps I didn't read well
Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by TheSTreetman: 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2020
just2endowed:
That Fernandes na diver.... The guy understood var and he has perfected way to win penalty.

So VAR is now a robot someone can understand..

3 Likes

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by kings59: 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2020
It wasn't a penalty, but they were given a penalty.
Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by HundredWays(m): 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2020
paulolee:
he's right...same with Livarpool and madrid

Comot my Madrid from ur yeye analysis sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by mercyyinks: 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
okay
Re: Lampard Accuses VAR Of Favouring Manchester United by Patrioticman007(m): 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
What

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Scores First Goal In China (Photos) / Paul Onuachu Is Nigeria’s Top Scorer In 2017; Beats Onyekuru, Okpotu, Ighalo / Tottenham Complete Loan Signing Of Vinicius From Benfica With £41Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.