Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala (24478 Views)

WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-iweala / African Union Disqualifies Okonjo-iweala From Vying For WTO Director / Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by sidonlook: 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
bigdot1759:
Is the post a MUST ?

If your relative is in power, you stand to benefit from his or her influence. That is what we stand to gain at the international finance environment , if our own Okonjo Iweala gets the job.
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Figger(m): 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2020
hmmmm..intimidating credentials.
meanwhile, I supply imported portable face shield deliverey writhing Lagos. dozen price #10k

Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by ewaek(m): 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2020
omocalabar:
Yoruba muslims will be praying any of the muslim people won...Hausa muslim will be praying the egyptian win,..
omocalabar:
Yoruba muslims will be praying any of the muslim people won...Hausa muslim will be praying the egyptian win,..

Like seriously? Is this the best you could come up with after going through such an intellectual write up? You mean to tell us that all your mind could process is a way to cause tribal and religious division even amongst your fellow country men. You are a heck of a breed mehn!!

1 Like

Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by najighjighpaul: 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2020
2 Days left for end of Airdrop. Be sure you complete all mandatory task, because we will manually check all participants and unfinished will not get any reward.

Please remember, If you trade at least one time any amount before 20 July, you will get another 199 CET. So trade now ❤️

About this event : CLICK HERE ➡️https://www.coinex.com/account/signup?refer_code=6er85&lang=en_US

Bot: https:///CETAirdrop_Bot?start=0941000786

Thanks Everyone ��
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
OLAFIMIX:
Best of luck to our own

Order for your face shield for as low as 500,upto 10,000 unit available. Delivery service available within Nigeria
Aunty you too fine ohh
Can i find your trouble?

PS: The UK candidate has a 70% chance
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Gforce2019: 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
Murketeer:

See frustration o....why don't u ignore sad

I don't know how Ngozi Okojo-WAHALA career is affecting your life....let the best candidate emerge...no matter how you mobile for her, she stands a limited chance to emerge....
In her CV, she served as a finance minister twice in Nigeria....but you and I know that her terms as the national treasurer of this country is marred with all kind of corruption, maladministration and national embarrassment....
They used pastor jet to launder money to south Africa...
We cannot forget Dasukigate so soon and some other corruption allegation under her nose as the finance minister... If the panelists would ask me, I will say they should remove the Ngozi name from the list of those contesting for the post of DG WTO
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by OLAFIMIX(f): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2020
undecided No sir, I hate troubles
mmars:

Aunty you too fine ohh
Can i find your trouble?

PS: The UK candidate has a 70% chance

1 Like

Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by sapientia(m): 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
Gforce2019:

I don't know how Ngozi Okojo-WAHALA career is affecting your life....let the best candidate emerge...no matter how you mobile for her, she stands a limited chance to emerge....
In her CV, she served as a finance minister twice in Nigeria....but you and I know that her terms as the national treasurer of this country is marred with all kind of corruption, maladministration and national embarrassment....
We cannot forget Dasukigate so soon and some other corruption allegation under her nose as the finance minister... If the panelists would ask me, I will say they should remove the Ngozi name from the list of those contesting for the post of DG WTO

father Anti-corruption Buhari himself endorsed her

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Samysearch(m): 7:41pm On Jul 18, 2020
dapsoneh:
Her CV is loaded to land her the job but can the politics around WTO be in her favor?
shocked

I guess the others are not qualified!
At least, check their CVs before starting the Nigerian entitlement thing.
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Murketeer: 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2020
Gforce2019:

What do you mean by Launder money to South Africa...You are still using those lame theories used by APC to win election that year ...they were trying to Buy weapons from the black market because Obama refused to help Nigeria because Jonathan wouldn't sign the Gay rights bill

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Grateful02(m): 7:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
This election sef and edo election dey somehow.. Make dem two come and go joor
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by HealtthyLiving: 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2020
huh
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by DrGaius(m): 8:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
guychidile:
God will help Ngozi Okonjo Iweala th o scale through. She is the most qualified

Actually she's not; with all due respect.
She is the least qualified because she's the only candidate without trade experience or background. Go through the post again.

Does she have a rich resume? Yes.
Are the others better qualified for the job? Yes.
Simply because they have professional trade background.

2 Likes

Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Babaken(m): 8:09pm On Jul 18, 2020
But if we have booming economy I mean fast growing economy not the other way around it would have given her more credit. But all the same I pray she win.
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Bluntemperor: 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
dapsoneh:
Her CV is loaded to land her the job but can the politics around WTO be in her favor?

As far as we are concerned,she is the right candidate for the job:her profile,having been in World Bank.Is WTO greater than WB? . African Leaders should eat the humble pie and support Mrs Iweala as the best candidate for the job,irrespective of Politics or bickering!

1 Like

Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by abdullahi45: 8:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
Stallion93:
Mods please can u stop this news abeg! Nobody gives a fvck about this Woman or anything about WTO or any of them. This is why I can’t wait for BBN the only thing that gives genuine joy.

Abeg use 1 eye peep my signature kiss

Speak for yourself man
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Bandale: 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2020
DrGaius:

Actually she's not; with all due respect.
She is the least qualified because she's the only without trade experience or background. Go through the boost again.

Does she have a rich resume? Yes.
Are the other better qualified for the job? Yes.

You are very stupid. She's clearly the most qualified cos she is a development economist and you can not do that without looking at trade. Her whole career at the world bank she was working on trade policy reform in middle and low income countries at the bank.
As financial minister, the custom service reported to her and that's all about trade facilitation.
She helped Nigeria's negotiations together with the trade minister on the ECOWAS common external tariffs, I don't know how much more trade you can have than that..

So you coming here to say she's not qualified because of trade is wrong, I think she's even the most qualified cos she combines development economics with trade, knowledge, along with finance. And you need all those combination of skills to lead an organisation like the WTO.
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
OLAFIMIX:
undecided No sir, I hate troubles
I swear you will like my trouble it is important
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by DrGaius(m): 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
Bandale:

You are very stupid. She's clearly the most qualified cos she is a development economist and you can not do that without looking at trade. Her whole career at the world bank she was working on trade policy reform in middle and low income countries at the bank.
As financial minister, the custom service reported to her and that's all about trade facilitation.
She helped Nigeria's negotiations together with the trade minister on the ECOWAS common external tariffs, I don't know how much more trade you can have than that..

So you coming here to say she's not qualified because of trade is wrong, I think she's even the most qualified cos she combines development economics with trade, knowledge, along with finance. And you need all those combination of skills to lead an organisation like the WTO.

And you have to insult me to pass your message?

The World Trade Organisation is an intergovernmental organisation that is concerned with the regulation of International trade between nations.

The World Bank on the other hand is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of poorer countries for the purpose of pursuing capital Projects.

Which of the above do you think she's better qualified for?

Also, for which of the above do you think the others are better qualified, considering their background?

"Mamdouh, boasts of a long career in trade policy and diplomacy.
Starting out as a commercial attache in Egypt’s ministry of economy and foreign trade, Mamdouh worked up the ranks, playing key roles at the WTO and partaking in negotiations that have contributed to the standing of the international organisation till date". (Long trade career)

"Another contender is Amina C. Mohamed , Kenyan’s former minister of foreign affairs and international trade.
Mohamed served as her country’s permanent representative to the WTO for six years, emerging as the first woman to chair the General Council of the WTO in 2005, before her appointment as minister. She’s a law degree graduate and a Chevening fellow alumna." (trade background)

Of the two above, one is a trade lawyer who has been in WTO since 1990, the other was her country's perm. rep for six years and even chaired the WTO General Council.

"On the other hand, with a combination of experiences working as a development economist, finance and international development expert, Okonjo-Iweala comes with a set of unique core competencies that position her as a great candidate for the job" (no trade background)

NOI is known the world over for her track record and competence finance and development economics. That is the reason countries will always call on her.

But on this, the two have an edge over her, not because of anything else than trade background.

Ministry of finance is different from mistry of foreign affairs and trade.

Next time, make your comments without insults; you don't have monopoly of it.
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by dapsoneh: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
Samysearch:

shocked

I guess the others are not qualified!
At least, check their CVs before starting the Nigerian entitlement thing.
read well! Who said they dont have good CV to land them the job? It seems your eyes skipped the aspect of politics and lobbying associated with WTO job. U have 5 candidates for a job, u need 5 credits, all of them have 5 distinctions. So, wouldn't u employ one of them? This is where lobbying by individual country comes to play
Always cultivate the habit of reading and understanding before commenting or quoting
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by deavicky(m): 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2020
gaskiyamagana:

Even, we go use Supreme Court give if Ballot box snatcher no do well.
Abi? In that case I will tell the boys to maintain, the judge will do it for us.

2 Likes

Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by OdefaGirl(f): 9:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
I wish you the best Ma'am....... erudite momma
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Sunnyja: 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
gaskiyamagana:

having served in PDP most corrupt administration in Nigeria history
You should have gone to the screening venue and tell the members that she served in PDP corrupt government.
You were amoung those shouting Sai baba in 2015, you can't even shout 'sai' now not to talk of adding 'baba.
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by gaskiyamagana: 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
Sunnyja:
You should have gone to the screening venue and tell the members that she served in PDP corrupt government.
You were amoung those shouting Sai baba in 2015, you can't even shout 'sai' now not to talk of adding 'baba.
We are there at dat screening venue together with village people
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Investnow2017: 9:53pm On Jul 18, 2020
ukukaegbu:
The write-up did not really state that the odds are against her
Misleading headline. Must have been done by a desperate blogger.

1 Like

Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by earnit1: 11:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
for real
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by ofordegreat(m): 12:14am On Jul 19, 2020
Shehuyinka:

https://www.icirnigeria.org/wto-elections-odds-against-nigerias-okonjo-iweala/

I wish her success. She is our very best and deserves the best.
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Tedpgrass: 1:33am On Jul 19, 2020
Bandale:

Mamadou seems the more likely candidate of the 3, judging by CVs

Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by maxibrainz02(m): 2:40am On Jul 19, 2020
God will do it
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 3:07am On Jul 19, 2020
dapsoneh:

She is more than qualified but the politics behind the scene might work against her been elected.
Wishing her all the lucks she will be needing.
Re: WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala by Tonyekanem(m): 5:32am On Jul 19, 2020
Is Amina Mohammed from Kenya a non-muslim?
Haven't seen her with hijah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Poll: Four PDP Governors Are Working For APC, Says Jibrin / Atiku: It’s Too Risky To Hand Over Nigeria To Tinubu Or Obi / Street Traders And Hawkers Protest In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.