Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible (457 Views)

The Book Of Bible Gaffes / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecy For 2019 And His Use Of Bible References / Which Version Of Bible Is Your Preferred Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by tobechi20(m): 11:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
Those of you that read numbers and leviticus.how do you do it?
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Jul 18, 2020
tobechi20:
What? You have never read Leviticus or Numbers? You need to get you a bible like the Easy-to-read translation so you can read it in plain English and for better comprehension. The information contained there is very important.
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by emmyloved(m): 12:06am On Jul 19, 2020
No part of the bible is boring... The bible is not a story book nor a novel you read at your leisure times... Guide yourself.
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by Kobojunkie: 12:10am On Jul 19, 2020
emmyloved:
No part of the bible is boring... The bible is not a story book nor a novel you read at your leisure times... Guide yourself.
Yes it is a story book/ novel that you should read at your leisure.
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by jesmond3945: 12:27am On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Yes it is a story book/ novel that you should read at your leisure.
no is not because it doesn't make for a good story or a novel rather it is illogical and highly spiritual. That's why in the movie Noah, Hollywood had to add something to it interesting for story tellers
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by Kobojunkie: 12:34am On Jul 19, 2020
jesmond3945:
no is not because it doesn't make for a good story or a novel rather it is illogical and highly spiritual. That's why in the movie Noah, Hollywood had to add something to it interesting for story tellers
nothing spiritual about the book. It is written in human language to be processed by the human mind.

The stories are not necessarily illogical.
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by JhayJoe: 12:47am On Jul 19, 2020
Any part that does not have stories
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by StubbornGENIUS: 1:00am On Jul 19, 2020
The bible has no boring part.It's not a novel for crying out loud!
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by illicit(m): 1:59am On Jul 19, 2020
What happened to Jephtas daughter?
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by delkuf(m): 4:32am On Jul 19, 2020
There is no boring part in the Bible. I have learnt good lesson from number of the Bible.
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by Kobojunkie: 4:34am On Jul 19, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
The bible has no boring part.It's not a novel for crying out loud!
it reads well if read as if a Novel/ story
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by festwiz(m): 6:08am On Jul 19, 2020
Beyond the book of proverbs, there's no other chapter in the book worth anyone's time.
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by Kobojunkie: 3:04am On Jul 31, 2020
festwiz:
Beyond the book of proverbs, there's no other chapter in the book worth anyone's time.
Then you know nothing of the contents of the book... cause if you have never read Jeremiah, or Ezekiel, or even read from the so-called lesser prophets then you know absolutely nothing about the Old testament book. Now don't even get me started on the gospels, Act of the apostle.. lovely adventure story there. undecided
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by OkCornel(m): 8:20am On Jul 31, 2020
tobechi20:

Boring ain’t it?

For me, I try to grasp an understanding of the bigger picture before diving into the details so I can understand what fits into where.

For example, these short and interesting audio-visual materials (5-7 minutes each) from the Bible Project team are really helpful;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ-FekWUZzE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp5MIrMZFqo
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by Kobojunkie: 8:23am On Jul 31, 2020
OkCornel:
Boring ain’t it?
For me, I try to grasp an understanding of the bigger picture before diving into the details so I can understand what fits into where.
For example, these short and interesting audio-visual materials (5-7 minutes each) from the Bible Project team is really helpful;
But that is the wrong approach! Become like a child.... clear your mind of all previous ideas and expectations, so the story can read itself to you and comprehension/understanding comes naturally from what is read.
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by OkCornel(m): 8:54am On Jul 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
But that is the wrong approach! Become like a child.... clear your mind of all previous ideas and expectations, so the story can read itself to you and comprehension/understanding comes naturally from what is read.

Dude, whatever approach rocks your boat.

If you want to work from the fine details then grasp an understanding of the bigger picture and get lost in the details, that’s your choice.

Have a grasp of the bigger picture and see how all the details fits in. If you’ve not gone through the audio visual material to even understand what I’m talking about, please and please don’t bother to mention me. Thanks

Perhaps you could point out what’s in the material that is inconsistent with the details within those books.
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by Kobojunkie: 8:56am On Jul 31, 2020
OkCornel:
Dude, whatever approach rocks your boat.
If you want to work from the fine details then grasp an understanding of the bigger picture and get lost in the details, that’s your choice.
Have a grasp of the bigger picture and see how all the details fits in. If you’ve not gone through the audio visual material to even understand what I’m talking about, please and please don’t bother to mention me. Thanks
Jesus Christ is the one who commands that to know Him, we have to become like children and to understand what the book contains that is all that is necessary ... no special interpretation or audio visual material to prepare your mind for what is contained in any of the books. undecided
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by OkCornel(m): 9:01am On Jul 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ is the one who commands that to know Him, we have to become like children and to understand what the book contains that is all that is necessary ... no special interpretation or audio visual material to prepare your mind for what is contained in any of the books. undecided

Hasty conclusion. You’ve not gone through what I posted and you’re try get my attention on what exactly?

I’ve quoted Tobechi20, let him or her go through and come to his or her conclusion. I’ve got no time with all this pointless back and forth with you.

Go through the material and show us where it is inconsistent with the details in Leviticus and Numbers... Jeez! Is that too difficult for you?
Do you want attention so badly?
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by OkCornel(m): 9:04am On Jul 31, 2020
OkCornel:

Boring ain’t it?

For example, these short and interesting audio-visual materials (5-7 minutes each) from the Bible Project team are really helpful;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ-FekWUZzE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp5MIrMZFqo

Tobechi20 please lemme know if it’s helpful.

Cheers
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by DappaD: 11:05am On Jul 31, 2020
tobechi20:

The Bible is not a boring book. Think of it as a vast library of 66 interesting books shocked shocked
And it's certainly not a storybook that was written for leisure. Don't mind those people up there.

Take it directly from the Bible, rather than the opinion of mere men.

Romans 15:4:
“For all the things[in the Bible] that were written beforehand were written for our instruction, so that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope.”
So you can see that the Bible contains instructions/guidance/counsel that are very vital for one who wants to worship God to do so effectively.

Now the Bible says at 2Timothy 3:16-17 that:
“All Scripture[Genesis to Revelation] is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work”
Don't let them fool you into thinking that you can accept some parts of the Bible and reject some. Avoid those kind of people for your own good. smiley
Re: What Is The Most Boring Part Of Bible by DappaD: 11:07am On Jul 31, 2020
tobechi20:

The books of Numbers and Leviticus were written by Moses who was inspired by God's holy spirit to do so. They contain laws and instructions for the ancient Israelites. Though those laws aren't in effect today, since when Christ came 2,000 years ago, he did away with those handwritten decrees and that meant that we're no longer under the Mosaic law (Romans 10:4, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:13,14) BUT there are still practical lessons that one can learn from those books. wink

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need The Interpretation Of This Dream / The 6 Most Infamous Christian Cults In Popular History / Deeper Life. A Holy Cult? Young W.f Vs Old W.f

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.