Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba - Celebrities (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba (101886 Views)

3 Busty Ex Bbnaija Stars That Are Confidently Fashionable / Obituary Of 4 Nollywood Stars That Will Be Buried In March And April (Photos) / 6 Bbnaija Stars That Got Married After The Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Darrkfire(m): 8:37am On Jul 20, 2020
That Wale guy looks like Lil wayne Wale grin grin
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Amotekun777: 8:38am On Jul 20, 2020
Johnandv:

It seems your late mother did not teach you how to respect elders before she passed. Igbos that became everything you think you are before you.. President, military head, senate President.. Etc all before you. Igbos that went to war with all tribes in Nigeria including you for 3 solid years is now your little siblings.. Wonders shall never end on this Nairaland. You can never be greater than Igbos no matter how hard you try to launder your image on social media, we own you..

The rants of a PIG! No wonder you're Yoruba slaves! Yoruba 4 Life! cool

6 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Amotekun777: 8:39am On Jul 20, 2020
post=91897853:
To day is Monday, I'll take my time later in the week to compile Igbos in entertainment in UK and US and create thread

Meanwhile take this 79 list of Igbos grin

, Forest Whitaker
2, Ashely Maduekwe
3, TD Jakes
4, Nnamdi Asomugha
5, Uzo Aduba
6, Tini Tempah
7, Carolina Chikezie
8, Nonso Anozie
9, Tracy Ifeachor
10, Chike C. Nwoffiah
11, Carmen Elizabeth Ejogo i
12, Cyril Ikechukwu Nri 
13, Uzo Aduba
14, Nnamdi Asomugha
15, Chukwu octuplets
16, Ike Diogu
17, Megalyn Echikunwoke
I8, IK Enemkpali
19, Okwui Enwezor
20. Emmanuel Chukwudi Eze
21,Fat Tony (rapper)
22. Godfrey (comedian)
23, Havoc (musician)
24, Alex Okosi
25, Chioma Igwe
26, Uzodinma Iweala
27, Bobby Iwuchukwu
28, Lemar Obika
29, Jesse Iwuji
30, Jidenna
31, Julie Iromuanya
32, Obi Melifonwu
33, Cristian Morton
34, Nnamdi Moweta
35, Chinedum Ndukwe
36, Ikechuku Ndukwe
37Anthony Njokuani
38, Ogonna Nnamani
39  David Nwaba
40, Uzoma Nwachukwu
41, Ike Nwamu
42, Uche Nwaneri
43. Amarachi Nwosu
44, Mendi & Keith Obadike
45Leslye Obiora
46. Cyril Obiozor
47, Chris Ogbonnaya
48, Cedric Ogbuehi
49, Chiney Ogwumike
50, Nneka Ogwumike
51, KC Ohaebosim
52, Alex Okafor
53, Emeka Okafor
54, Jahlil Okafor
55, Joe Okafor
56. Chike Okeafor
57, Nnedi Okorafor
58, Bennett Okotcha
59, Amobi Okoye
60, Bennet Omalu
61, Holmes Onwukaife
62, Tochi Onyebuchi
63, Oguchi Onyewu
64, Brian Orakpo
65, Yvonne Orji
66, Kelechi Osemele
67, Cheta Ozougwu
68, Sonny Digital
69, Chioma Ubogagu
70, Valerian Ume-Ezeoke
71, Michael Uzowuru
72, Tyler, the creator
73, John Amaechi
74, Cyril Ikechukwu Nri 
75, Uzoamaka Nwanneka,
76, Annette Ngozi "Annie" Ilonzeh
77, Daniel Lebern Glover
78, Blair Erwin Underwood
79, Ebubennem Megalyn 

You forgot to include this... grin

Baba Olofo! angry

6 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Ritchiee: 8:42am On Jul 20, 2020
post=91895189:

You don't owe jack, Igbos control nollywood in Nigeria

Igbo man control music industry and manage Youtube in Africa and beyond

Alex Okosi is a Nigerian from Anambra state, US-educated media executive responsible for developing and launching MTV Africa (MTV Base) in February 2005. He has also spearheaded the launch of other localized Viacom brands in Africa encompassing Nickelodeon and Comedy Central. Currently, he is responsible for managing the growth and development of the Viacom International Media Networks Africa business - a multichannel portfolio that reaches over 100 million viewers and includes MTV, MTV base, Nickelodeon, VH1, BET International and Comedy Central. Okosi is the creative force behind the MTV Africa Music Awards, a high-profile event that has helped talented African artists raise their international profile and status
Alex Okosi is YouTube Managing Director

He is just an employee. grin

4 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Sewgon79(m): 8:46am On Jul 20, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
Nonsense how Angelique kidjo take be Yoruba same thing as saying burnaboy is yoruba see Afonja attachee by force tongue

Search for Angélique interview with Ásà in which she mentioned it herself that her father is from Yoruba Benin and her mother is YORUBA Nigeria but both live in Benin. She said she once stay with her mother parents in Ogbomoso or Ibadan if i can recollect before relocate back to Benin. And she speak fluent Yoruba.

5 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Sewgon79(m): 8:49am On Jul 20, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
whats Angelique kidjo Yoruba name?? Where has she ever claimed she is a Yoruba woman...show me proof where she claimed yoruba...

This is proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnGbtBFNjOo

4 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by imanray37(m): 8:54am On Jul 20, 2020
I wish I saw the update earlier, useless people within motherland, outside the like to be outstanding hausa igbo and yoruba plus Edo are the major tribes that destroyed nigeria others queue up behind them in vices.
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Sewgon79(m): 8:55am On Jul 20, 2020
Cherez:

Funny how you bring this
Some Deltans of Onicha-Ugbo, etc are Igbos by paternal lineage and not by marriage.
Kidjo isn't Yoruba even if she speaks it fluently.
Nothwidstanding, this is a cool thread

Are you telling me you know person more than herself. This is her interview.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Sewgon79(m): 8:57am On Jul 20, 2020
Cherez:

Some of NLers are so unintelligent
So, how did your Wiki page allege even that Kidjo is Yoruba? When did maternal rship give an identity?
I really don't wanna engage you in the name calling as you might be frustrated and I'm not part of that.
When and where did Anioma say they are outrightly not Igbo?
Esan is not and can't be Igbo, so what are you saying?
A child let on the loose

Argue with this

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Sewgon79(m): 9:01am On Jul 20, 2020
Cherez:

Lol
You just have limited knowledge that's the truth.
The Awori, Ijebus, Ife, Okun, "Modakeke", etc all amke up the Yoruba nation
My advice to you; Please don't derail this beautiful thread which is supposed to praise industrious Yoruba sons.
Albeit, I should just ignore you so as not to derail this beautiful place

You forget, Ẹ̀gbá, ijesha, ilesha, Owo, Offa, anago (Ketu, Ajase, Benin)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by sweettinz20(m): 9:12am On Jul 20, 2020
Johnandv:

Egyptians are Middle Eastern not sub Saharan Africans.
lol which middle east it's like you no do geography, if you talk sub saharan africa i no go agrue next time do so, so as not to mislead people here, some get their facts from here

2 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Sewgon79(m): 9:15am On Jul 20, 2020
Chris2863:
Bunch of unpopular actors and actresses... Afonjas, una sorry. You guys didn't write hushpuppi..hahahah

Tell which of your tribes actors or actress record that bit this 3 Yoruba Actors combine (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, David Oyelowo, John Boyega). All your actor and actress combines in history have not achieved quarter of what each of them have achieved in History of Black and Africa as a whole. Me chuo nu (Keep quiet there)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by jagorinho: 10:21am On Jul 20, 2020
Trutharenas:

Igbo and crime are inseparable. Even their ancestors are thieves and criminals. If you think I’m lying see the below list of each tribes in Nigeria prison during the 1950s.

The Igbo prisoner alone is more than all the major Nigeria tribe combined.

Johnandv can you see your ancestors are criminals?
This is gold, we all know they have criminal blood running in their veins but I do not know it is this bad, imagine!!! this is in the 50's o, and there numbers is even more than all other tribes combined together, bunch of flat added criminals I wondered what the current statistics would look like?...... The federal Government should build prisons exclusive to Igbo's alone, they really have the numbers to make sure such projects become a reality.

3 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Rapfrick(m): 10:43am On Jul 20, 2020
Sorry boss please check well chamillionaire Na hausa guy not Yoruba
LegendHero:
Check Out This List of 50 Hollywood/European Stars You Never Knew Were Yoruba

Sade Adu
Born in Ibadan as Helen Folashade Adu in 1959 but professionally known as Sade Adu, the singer, songwriter cum actress grew up in Essex, England. She has been credited as one of the most successful British female artists in history, and is often recognised as an influence on contemporary music. Her services to music were also recognised with an award of the Officer of the Order of the British Empire chivalry honour in 2002, and later the rank of the Commander of the same order in 2017.

She is the first Nigerian ever to win a Grammy award. She has four Grammy awards to her name from 8 nomination.Her first Grammy was in 1986 for “Best New Artist” then another followed in 1994 with “No Ordinary Love” for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals. She earned her third Grammy in 2002 with “Lovers Rock” in the Best Pop Vocal Album and bagged her fourth in 2011 with “Soldier of Love” for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals.

Sikiru Adepoju
A master of the talking drum, Adepoju comes from a musical family from Eruwa in western Nigeria. Sikiru Adepoju is a percussionist and recording artist and plays primarily in the genres of traditional African music and world music. He plays a variety of instruments and styles.

He first won a Grammy in 1991 as a part of Mickey Hart’s group Planet Drum, whose title album won the Grammy Award for Best Contemporary World Music Album. That was the first time there was a Grammy in that category. He won the Grammy award again on 8 February 2009 as a part of Mickey Hart’s latest group Global Drum Project, whose title album won the Grammy Award for Best Contemporary World Music Album at the 51st annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.

Kevin Olusola
Olusola was born (1988) in Owensboro, Kentucky, to Nigerian-born Oluwole Olusola, a psychiatrist, and Grenadian-born Curline Paul, a nurse. Olusola is a musician, beatboxer, cellist, rapper, record producer, singer, and songwriter best known as the beatboxer of the vocal band Pentatonix.

He has three Grammy awards to his name. On February 8, 2015, his group Pentatonix won a Grammy in the “Best Arrangement, Instrumental or a cappella” category for their song “Daft Punk”, a medley of songs by Daft Punk. On February 15, 2016, Pentatonix won a Grammy in the same category, this time for “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy” from their “That’s Christmas to Me” album. On February 12, 2017, Pentatonix won a Grammy in the “Best Country duo/group performance” category for “Jolene” which featured Dolly Parton.

Seal
Henry Olusegun Adeola Samuel ((Seal) (born 19 February 1963), known professionally as Seal, is a singer-songwriter. He has sold over 20 million records worldwide, with his first international hit song, "Crazy", released in 1991; his most celebrated song, "Kiss from a Rose", was released in 1994.

He has four Grammy award to his name from 11 nominations. His won three Grammy awards in 1996 for the Song of the Year, Record of the year, and Male pop vocal performance with his song "Kiss from a rose". He won his fourth Grammy in 2011 in the Pop collaboration with vocals category with the song "Imagine".

Lekan Babalola
Lekan was born in Lagos State, South-Western Nigeria where he attended Bishop Oluwole Primary School, Agege for his basic education before proceeding to Iwo in the old Oyo State for his secondary school education. In 1980, he left Nigeria for the United Kingdom to study automobile engineering at the Chelsea College of Aeronautical and Automobile Engineering after he won a Lagos State Scholarship. Babalola however dropped the engineering programme for music and later enrolled at the Central Saint Martin's College of Art and Design where he studied filmmaking. He proceeded to the Northern Film School where he completed his master's degree.

Lekan is a Conga player with two (2) Grammy awards to his name. He won the awards in 2006 and 2009.

Chamillionaire
Born Hakeem Seriki but professionally known as Chamillionaire, he is a rapper, entrepreneur, and investor. Chamillionaire was born to a Muslim Nigerian father and an African-American Christian mother in Washington D.C. and moved to Houston, Texas at the age of four.

He clinched a Grammy in 2007 for his song, “Riddin’ under the Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group category. He received a total of four nominations that year.
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by marv1: 10:52am On Jul 20, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
I have said it and will continue to say it....This race is one of the best in Nigeria, if not the world..I salute all sons and daughters of oduduwa!
I never knew all of these.

Yoruba lagba indeed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by drpamgabriel: 11:00am On Jul 20, 2020
awesome post motivated me the more to leave this country thanks OP

1 Like

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by AsawanaDgreat: 11:44am On Jul 20, 2020
They are really good at their games.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Sonicroyel: 11:59am On Jul 20, 2020
isn't HUGO WEAVING the guy who played agent Smith in the matrix trilogy Nigerian too ?
someone should cross-check that

1 Like

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Antivirus92(m): 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2020
omenka:
Typical igbo man. You guys are something else. So it has become *just one*, yet you said NOBODY is doing it.

Shame dey catch me for una. The worse thing that could happen to a man is to lie to themselves. You goofed and lied. Admit you did and move the Bleep on. It wont rob you of your daily meal ticket.

Nonsense.
get lost mr man, u said i didn't go through the second page as if the second page is littered with tribalistic comments from igbos.
when i asked u to show me because i didn't see any, u came up with one funny comments out of the many comments in that page.

shame still gree u talk , calling me a lier,,,,
i don't need to exchange insults with u cos u are not worth it,,

1 Like

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by MetaPhysical: 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2020
marriagebyigbo:

Lo.. U r turning it to insult now..

Pls make. Sure there is a Grammy award winner in whatever u post.

U must have been having hbp now gringrin

Seeing that Yorubas have won 20 Grammy awards.

If in your post of igbo, if there is no Grammy award...

Pls don't bother posting

Lzaa imhotep pls help him... Make sure there is a Grammy award winning igbos in ur list

gringrin

Legendhero naptu2 Sammy07 Salewa95 metaphysical Salewa97.. is Pained here gringrin

He has turned it to insult all bcox I ask for a Grammy award winning Igbos or igbos gringrin

grin

He will return with a fake list. Lets watch.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by naptu2: 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
Sikiru Adepoju playing the Gangan (talking drum) at the World Drum Festival in Oakland, California in 1994.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf5q54Lt_ZY

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by SaintBeehot(m): 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2020
agadez007:
nwannem,
I wish I can like this post twice,I don't know why "Igbo Amaka" pains their Oblong amala head,it is just as if Igbo Amaka is an insult

It's a open secret that the average Yoruba man's day is not complete without looking for a Igbo man to hate

we all saw how they hijacked the Most influential Igbo thread and started mentioning how Otedola is richer than all of those Igbos mentioned
Don't derail the thread, it hasn't gotten to that level (don't get Otedola into this). I mean it's not yet time to list southwesterners that would purchase the whole Igbo land cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by scholes0(m): 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2020
iyapont:
Op u forgot to add Fola EVans Akingbola https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fola_Evans-Akingbola

Added.

She is a good actress. saw her on Black Mirror.

4 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by King44(m): 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
So nairaland fit silent like this.... The impossibility is now possible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by babaireti(m): 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
Great
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by SaintBeehot(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
post=91894231:
Carmen Elizabeth Ejogo is an English television and film actress and singer.

She is best known for her roles in such films as The Avengers (1998), Love's Labour's Lost (2000), What's the Worst That Could Happen? (2001), Boycott (2001), Away We Go (2009), Sparkle (2012), Alex Cross (2012), The Purge: Anarchy (2014), Selma (2014), Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016), It Comes at Night (2017), Alien: Covenant (2017), and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018).
Ejogo also starred in the NBC crime drama series Kidnapped (2006–2007), the ABC thriller series Zero Hour (2013), the Starz anthology drama series The Girlfriend Experience (2017), the HBO anthology crime series True Detective (2019), and the Netflix limited series Self Made (2020).
Create a thread for this, stop behaving like your brothers (the foolish ones)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Rat66: 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
[s]
marriagebyigbo:

Grammy award
[/s]
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Rat66: 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
[s]
marriagebyigbo:

Lol u av been bursted..

His father na from oyo..

E pain am
[/s]
[s]
marriagebyigbo:

Story..

No igbo man dead or alive has ever won a Grammy award... And no Igbo will
[/s]
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Rat66: 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2020
[s]
marriagebyigbo:

U mean upcoming artist called Mr p n Paul grin??
[/s]
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Rat66: 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2020
[s]
marriagebyigbo:

U failed bro..

All these no Grammy award..

Till Jesus comes, no igbo will ever win Grammy award grin
[/s]
[s]
marriagebyigbo:

Make sure u post the ones with Grammy award first....

Thanks gringringrin
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Gospel Artist, Osinachi Nwachukwu Is Dead / Oge Okoye In A Boobs-Baring Outfit To Church Today, Fans Slam Her (Photos) / Jane Emoka Was Involved In Chidinma Okeke's Leaked Sex Video (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.