Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba (101856 Views)

3 Busty Ex Bbnaija Stars That Are Confidently Fashionable / Obituary Of 4 Nollywood Stars That Will Be Buried In March And April (Photos) / 6 Bbnaija Stars That Got Married After The Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by 900winer(m): 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
I can see my blodas from omachala flattis bia bia in pains grin grin

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by kayfra: 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
Jimmy Akingbola

Jimmy Akingbola was born in London to parents who had emigrated from Nigeria.

In 1996, Akingbola started at the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts (ALRA) in Wandsworth, London.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Itohanprefa: 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
omenka:
So the quote below amounts to a guy saying some of the celebrities aren't Yorubas, right?

You're so blinded by loyalty for your tribe that WHATEVER WRONG they do can NEVER BE OBVIOUS to you.

Forget stories guy. The dislike from both sides is mutual. Stop acting as though your brothers are the saints here.
I'm not blinded by anything, I frequently call out my own people too for their let ups, I'm aware of my biases and prejudices, But I won't stand and watch anyone call out Igbo people unnecessarily or put certain stereotypical labels on them, everybody should focus on their own people and their failings, Nobody should be hated because of their hard earned success

3 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by omenka(m): 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
Itohanprefa:
I'm not blinded by anything, I frequently call out my own people too for their let ups, I'm aware of my biases and prejudices, But I won't stand and watch anyone call out Igbo people unnecessarily or put certain stereotypical labels on them, everybody should focus on their own people and failings, Nobody should be hated because of their hard earned success
So you have seen that you LIED and someone indeed made a disparaging remark on the second page.

Accept that and move on. In addition, you could quote him and tell him what he did was out of line.

You cant go about trying to remove specs in the eyes of others when your brothers have massive boulders in their eyes.

Have a nice day.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Itohanprefa: 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
omenka:
So you have seen that you LIED and someone indeed made a disparaging remark on the second page.

Accept that and move on. In addition, you could quote him and tell him what he did was out of line.

You cant go about trying to remove specs in the eyes of others when your brothers have massive boulders in their eyes.

Have a nice day.
I don't really know what you want to hear, I'm just a lowly Nairaland Tribalist, since yoruba people said Igbo no go rest on Nairaland All of us gidi nyafu

1 Like

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Cherez: 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
Grayoso:
Lol. My Yoruba people. Too strong too black. Imagine this is about our Hollywood and European arm.

If we do Africa nko? Just would not be fair to our okoro hater brothers. Many will beat up their mom and dad today lol.

No need for this in this great thread
I am Igbo and I have been in love with Taye diggs since the day I saw him act "TWO CAN PLAY THE GAME" and a link on him with Yoruba
Others like David Oyelowo are superb actors too
In fact, I know the Igbos are doing really great with drama and movies but I have been of the opinion that the Yoruba drama sync with "Ayan" has been my best African drama set especially that type where actors don't talk just the narrator and "Ayan" sound blarring.
Wish I can visit Abeokuta, Ife, again
No one is hating on you oga

4 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Brooklynsouth(f): 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
This is very good, look at all them shinning and pretty shocked

Yoruba, blessed with beauty and brain, the most liberal, educated and the most sophisticated tribe in Africa. We lead and other follow, we are Yoruba!
minority opinion i thought you are nigerdelta how come you say we lead other follow

1 Like

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
Cherez:

No need for this in this great thread
I am Igbo and I have been in love with Taye diggs since the day I saw him act "TWO CAN PLAY THE GAME" and a link on him with Yoruba
Others like David Oyelowo are superb actors too
In fact, I know the Igbos are doing really great with drama and movies but I have been of the opinion that the Yoruba drama sync with "Ayan" has been my best African drama set especially that type where actors don't talk just the narrator and "Ayan" sound blarring.
Wish I can visit Abeokuta, Ife, again
No one is hating on you oga

God bless you sir.. U r sensible igbo and a good one

Pls talk to this bigot... Hate just full her life.. gringringrin

How can hate full sumone life like this

Brooklynsouth:
minority opinion i thought you are nigerdelta how come you say we lead other follow

1 Like

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Brooklynsouth(f): 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
omenka:
You probably didn't go through the second page.
I know you must be here ,when will people celebrate you abi na taboo for you to be successful?

2 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by AfonjaConehead: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:
Eyin omo Yoruba, e ma da awon olori pelebe lohun ti won ba n toja....

Ko ni da ti iru thread bayii ba baje nitori oro oshi ti won ma n so.

Cc - dakun fi were yen le.

Ati gbo jare...otoo lo so babaHotoro..ko ni da ti iru teredi bayii ba baje 'tori sokuso oro ti awon oshi structured coneheadedness ma n so bi werey.

Ejo, lzaa imhotep,dakun,e fi gbogbo connies to n pariwo bi aja si le. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by LegendHero(m): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
kayfra:
Jimmy Akingbola

Jimmy Akingbola was born in London to parents who had emigrated from Nigeria.

In 1996, Akingbola started at the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts (ALRA) in Wandsworth, London.

Nice one. I know there will still be lot of Yoruba foreign celebs that we missed.

But we should all continue to add it to the thread as soon as we see them.

Gracias!

11 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by 900winer(m): 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
AfonjaConehead:
[s]
Aan jo tori pe,won so fun wa pe, Amala ati ewedu ofe maa sele...grin grin

Awa,Mo gbo-Mo ya, are the best! cool
[/s]

1 Like

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
900winer:
[/s]
E pain am grin
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by IvarTheBoneless: 4:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
AfonjaConehead:

Aan jo tori pe,won so fun wa pe, Amala ati ewedu ofe maa sele...grin grin

Awa,Mo gbo-Mo ya, are the best! cool

grin

1 Like

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
900winer:

grin grin
How APC na grin

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by TimeManager(m): 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
RemoveKebab:
OP this is too much and it look more like an over kill.
This is Un-yoruba, big dicks dont show off.
True that, this is un- Yoruba, they hardly do this but sometimes the chestbeaters need to know that whatever little achievements they must have had recently is nothing compared to others who had been there long before they could imagine.

kiss the truth!

21 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
TimeManager:

True that, this is un- Yoruba, they hardly do this but sometimes the chestbeaters need to know that whatever little achievements they must have had recently is nothing compared to others who had been there long before they could imagine.

kiss the truth!

Indeed. Igbos are the only ones, of all the over 300 Nigerian ethnic groups, always declaring superiority over everyone and especially the Yorubas.

Yorubas on the other hand are cool and confident. Occasionally, when in the mood, we will show the chestbeaters that being humble and understated does not mean they are even remotely near us in natural ability, talent or achievement.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by kennysbst(m): 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
YORUBA LAGBA
Simply means YORUBA LEAD

just give it to them.but believe me their LOVE for EDUCATION brought this,their major achievement in any aspect of life.

let me sincere with ourself IBO AMAKA are great or even greater as well but the truth will remain,we are there b4 anyone could ever think of getting there.

if you need confirmation,check whom brought civilizations to Nigeria in terms of first broadcasting station even in Africa and some other fields

7 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by LZAA: 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
AfonjaConehead:

Ati gbo jare...otoo lo so babaHotoro..ko ni da ti iru teredi bayii ba baje 'tori sokuso oro ti awon oshi structured coneheadedness ma n so bi werey.

Ejo, lzaa imhotep,dakun,e fi gbogbo connies to n pariwo bi aja si le. grin
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Openbusiness4: 7:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
shocked
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by PericomaNwankwo: 7:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
How we no go know when they carry yarriba name.
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Mihzwhitesutana(f): 7:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
Everybody knows sade Adu is a yoruba
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Openbusiness4: 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
So the fair guy for Power wey dey run things on coding with 50 Cents na Yoruba shocked shocked....wow, wow, wow, wawuuuu shocked check my signature to buy intelligent dispenser

1 Like

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Chingykay77(m): 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
No wonder Yoruba sweet for kidjo mouth during her featuring with yemi alade

8 Likes

Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by Chris2863(m): 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
Bunch of unpopular actors and actresses... Afonjas, una sorry. You guys didn't write hushpuppi..hahahah
Re: 50 Hollywood/European Stars That Were Yoruba by tot(f): 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
All the "babies" have come out in their pants to fight.

Supposed adults without sense, kontinu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Gospel Artist, Osinachi Nwachukwu Is Dead / Oge Okoye In A Boobs-Baring Outfit To Church Today, Fans Slam Her (Photos) / Jane Emoka Was Involved In Chidinma Okeke's Leaked Sex Video (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.