Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,422 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Divorce Or Separation? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Divorce Or Separation? (12132 Views)

Separation Of Church And State / Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma / Separation Of Christianity And State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by Martinez39s(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
In situations of discovery of massive Paternity frauds, uncontrollable cheating and adultery and series of attempted murder by a partner, is Divorce the way out or Separation?
Divorce. To ask such a question shows you are not bright.
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by lomprico(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2020
i
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by Infinity988(m): 10:06am On Jul 19, 2020
Hmmn
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by money121(m): 10:06am On Jul 19, 2020
Ok
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by ddooskie(m): 10:07am On Jul 19, 2020
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by shollyshine(m): 10:07am On Jul 19, 2020
Hhmm
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by chimchim1(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2020
Remember there's condition for divorce even in the Bible? A partner trying to kill me and one Church will advise me to stay? No no no. Some desputes can never be resolved.
TOPCRUISE:
In situations of discovery of massive Paternity frauds, uncontrollable cheating and adultery and series of attempted murder by a partner, is Divorce the way out or Separation?

One of my Sunday School sessions sometime ago said Divorce is not the way out even if a partner made several attempts to kill you through various means in your house and that it's better to separate. Another group opined that since you are both married you are not expected to leave the house. That by leaving you are giving room for the enemy to take over your home.

Most Churches are also of the view that Divorce is no solution as it is held scripturally that God hates divorce. And I read that divorce is permitted if one partner have been sexually unfaithful. But such permission is due to our wicked hearts. But I still find it difficult to comprehend why some of our religious leaders in religious gathering still won't opt for a divorce and neither a separation in a case where paternity, maternity fraud and adultery which have been kept secret for years were later found to be discovered.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:10am On Jul 19, 2020
. . . .. THANK YOU, JESUS.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 19, 2020
No believer need a minister's approval before divorcing or separating. They are by the grace of God anointed to teach and counsel but the ball is in your court to decide because each believer with His own cross.

At the end, each will give his/her own account before God on that day and no minister of God will be present to defend you. No adamic blame game and lame excuses.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by nams77: 10:12am On Jul 19, 2020
Where is righteous89? Come let me hear you
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by Infinity988(m): 10:20am On Jul 19, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Isokay
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by Kingpele(m): 10:25am On Jul 19, 2020
Am married for almost ten years now and am a minister of his word, in my own experience I got born again during the time I was dating my wife, she wasn't really cool with it cos I stopped having sex with her, then she thought I wanted to get ride of her, so she started giving up on me but I loved her so much, God revealed to me that she is my wife. but she later confessed and I forgave her and married her..
Now with time she realized the truth and got born again, today she is very strong spiritually and always read the word and pray with our kids.. More over I see visions from God after my ordination, my point is that if you are having issues with your spouse first of all ask yourself what are you doing to escalate or descalate the situations... Pray always for your spouse. Love forgives all wrongs, love and prayers are the best solutions, I might sound stupid to the carnal mind but is the only weapon to keep Satan away from your marriage.. The more u are willing to forgive, the more u invite the God of peace into your home, in marriage , be willing to give up your rights so that God will reign unhindered in your life and home, I tried it and it worked for me and is still working for me . God hates divorce yesterday and he still hate it today. Separation is not the solution either because it gives you room to commit sexual immorality without feeling you are cheating on your spouse, after all you are still angry with him or her. this is why you need to wait on God before you go into marriage, a marriage God directed you will never crash

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by IamDavid(m): 10:31am On Jul 19, 2020
TOPCRUISE:

One of my Sunday School sessions sometime ago said Divorce is not the way out even if a partner made several attempts to kill you through various means in your house and that it's better to separate. Another group opined that since you are both married you are not expected to leave the house. That by leaving you are giving room for the enemy to take over your home.

Most Churches are also of the view that Divorce is no solution as it is held scripturally that God hates divorce. And I read that divorce is permitted if one partner have been sexually unfaithful. But such permission is due to our wicked hearts. But I still find it difficult to comprehend why some of our religious leaders in religious gathering still won't opt for a divorce and neither a separation in a case where paternity, maternity fraud and adultery which have been kept secret for years were later found to be discovered.
Maybe I've not read the scriptures enough but I think divorce can be a solution. I've heard of a sister that got beaten to death while pregnant by her husband... On top all these divorce isn't an option stuffs... If the reasons are good enough and your conscience is satisfied, Pls go ahead and find a formular to take care of the kids. I pray we don't find ourselves in such difficult situation. Happy Sunday!

5 Likes

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by DarkJeddi(m): 10:54am On Jul 19, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Probably the mantra...that States " for better or worse"
More like the Mantra that says, 'till someone off the other' shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by DarkJeddi(m): 11:02am On Jul 19, 2020
Kingpele:
Am married for almost ten years now and am a minister of his word, in my own experience I got born again during the time I was dating my wife, she wasn't really cool with it cos I stopped having sex with her, then she thought I wanted to get ride of her, so she started giving up on me but I loved her so much, God revealed to me that she is my wife. but she later confessed and I forgave her and married her..
Now with time she realized the truth and got born again, today she is very strong spiritually and always read the word and pray with our kids.. More over I see visions from God after my ordination, my point is that if you are having issues with your spouse first of all ask yourself what are you doing to escalate or descalate the situations... Pray always for your spouse. Love forgives all wrongs, love and prayers are the best solutions, I might sound stupid to the carnal mind but is the only weapon to keep Satan away from your marriage.. The more u are willing to forgive, the more u invite the God of peace into your home, in marriage , be willing to give up your rights so that God will reign unhindered in your life and home, I tried it and it worked for me and is still working for me . God hates divorce yesterday and he still hate it today. Separation is not the solution either because it gives you room to commit sexual immorality without feeling you are cheating on your spouse, after all you are still angry with him or her. this is why you need to wait on God before you go into marriage, a marriage God directed you will never crash
That it works out for you doesn't mean that it will work for another..

If someone hates you, and is unwilling to compromise and work out a relationship there is nothing much you can do about it..

Maybe they should stick around until somebody murders the other,because divorce is a sin.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by Origin(f): 11:23am On Jul 19, 2020
In every dispute seperation should be the first option for resolution.

In this you will find people appreciating the other partner's input. Its more like a factory reset. A time of reflection. All the people that have no impact in the marriage will however not be missed.

Divorce is a final resolution.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by evil1: 11:29am On Jul 19, 2020
ebenhazard:
Same but English is the difference
there's a big difference .
If separated both partners can even live in the same house without any marital obligations. They can even reconcile or even file for divorce while sepseparated and if they even hv sexual intimacy during the separation that settles the issue automatically an boom back to status quo .
For divorce marks the end of the marriage
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by McDonie: 11:34am On Jul 19, 2020
well for me as regarding marriage;
once the home is no longer a home after various attempt to make it so, i will walk away.
once i can't love her as the Bible commands, I will walk away.
once she can't be a "help mate" nor "submissive" as the Bible commands, i will walk away.
i better remain and die single than endure nor stay in a "happiness and life threatening" marriage.
After all there's no marriage in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by mbaise1000: 11:49am On Jul 19, 2020
philip0906:
The Bible was written based on happening back in the days although with hindsight of the future. What this means is that it is not exhaustive and there are question marks with contemporary happenings since there are so many laws and guides that are not explicit to fit into modern day.

For instance, there is rarely or NO record of paternity fraud back in the days. I have heard stories of churches, dissolving marriages based on partners lying to each other (before marriage) e.g the man not disclosing his impotence before getting married. There are also instances where marriages are dissolved (after marriage) because of issues as paternity fraud.

in reality, no part of the bible contracts the other,
2 cor. 4:3
as Christians we believe that the bible was inspired by the holy spirit and without the holy spirit we cannot understand it, that churches are separating marriages will not surprise anyone who knows WHO Jesus Christ is and how the devil operates,
2 peter 2:2
most churches and pastors and priests are actually working for the devil
the truth is that GOD set a standard for us and HE will not lower that standard because of anyone.
when we enter into marriage, we are not expected to abandon it except on the ground of adultery and the bible encouraged us to forgive our spouses when this happens, that is why the bible says that if YOU want to divorce if you are offended in this way, you are right but if you marry again you are committing a sin.
But if your partner decides to leave (when you really want to continue and you did not encourage him or her directly or indirectly to leave) you are free to marry another.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by Queen500: 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
If it's violent, get out. Don't die in the union. That's all I'm gonna say.
[/s]
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by Queen500: 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by Dalby(m): 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
TOPCRUISE:

The enemy is already inside the house for that to happen....
You are merely leaving the house for the enemy and the culprit that brought the enemy in to the house!!!

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by kramer: 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
Calabar1stSon:
Okay! Playing with semantics! I'm watching..!

It's not semantics in western countries. If you're divorced you can remarry, if you're separated you can't remarry. Big difference.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by philip0906(m): 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
mbaise1000:

in reality, no part of the bible contracts the other,
2 cor. 4:3
as Christians we believe that the bible was inspired by the holy spirit and without the holy spirit we cannot understand it, that churches are separating marriages will not surprise anyone who knows WHO Jesus Christ is and how the devil operates,
2 peter 2:2
most churches and pastors and priests are actually working for the devil
the truth is that GOD set a standard for us and HE will not lower that standard because of anyone.
when we enter into marriage, we are not expected to abandon it except on the ground of adultery and the bible encouraged us to forgive our spouses when this happens, that is why the bible says that if YOU want to divorce if you are offended in this way, you are right but if you marry again you are committing a sin.
But if your partner decides to leave (when you really want to continue and you did not encourage him or her directly or indirectly to leave) you are free to marry another.
So if a woman/man goes into a marriage based on lies and deceit, like the example I gave where the man is impotent and never disclosed, the woman should forgive the man, suffer in the marriage despite the clear deceit and not divorce him? undecided

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by scarycuteface(m): 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
None. Maybe the partners need assistance and if that's the case. You can refer them to my signature
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by Tatashi: 1:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
Show me the home that is without blemish.show me that family that is perfect.you think it's only that have comma in your marriage. Ogbeni let me tell you something oh. If you divorce your spouse today, another man will shapely replace your seat and vice versa.before you want to blame your spouse first let us know all your faults.Have you not also cheated on her/him? Why do you think divorce is the fastest route out of your problem.was that how your parents or grandparents did in their time? Don't chicken out Mr or Mrs. Stand and shield your home
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by Kunleoyinda(m): 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
I think when the other party is violent divorce is better.

2020: THERE IS NO REASON TO REMAIN A TENANT!
With our affordable home scheme and flexible payment plan, we at Arc-view Investment Limited believe you have no reason to remain a tenant.
Ok, here again is our offer

2 Bedroom- #6.5million
3 Bedroom- #9million

Payment plan- 3 years (Interest free), get keys to your apartment at 70% payment.

Name of the estate- TREASURE island estate, Mowe/Ofada

Title: C of O.

For more information please call or WhatsApp....07084549732

TREASURE ISLAND Estate, Mowe/ofada is located along Sagamu Interchange very close to International Brewery. The estate follows the theme of our existing estate series in terms of serenity, ambiance, security, notch housing structures and amazing infrastructures.

What are you waiting for?. Buy now!
You can join us every Friday and Saturday for a visit to the estate.
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by phemmyfour: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
TOPCRUISE:

The problem with them is interpretation. God "hates" divorce does not mean it's not permissible

Divorce is one of the option (last option) in settling disagreement. God hates divorce that's why he put it there as the last option

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by SavageResponse(m): 9:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
ebenhazard:
Same but English is the difference

Oga, divorce and separation do not men the same thing!
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:54pm On Jul 19, 2020
He made them male and female for the giving of goods.

But wrongs and wickedness is introduced into the union, what shall the righteous do?
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by oyetpel(m): 11:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
The whites that brought Christianity divorce when marriage goes side ways.
We still have a long way to go in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Summon Good Luck Fortune Spirit For Help / Living Faith Distributes Relief Items To Eleven IDP Camps / Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.